Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2121
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So glad you are having a fun time. Where do you fish? Do you go deep sea or is there somewhere around you where you go? LOL! Have you had issues with the boat before?
We fish in the Savannah river and at Lake Thurmond. We go deep sea fishing, but our boat is for fresh water. We've never had any problems with the boat before. Only problems are me... I chatter a lot and the boys say I scare away the fish.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
No, the results of the blood work are what made the decision to hold off until next week. So if his results are improved then he will get his treatment.

He is getting chemo and his ACN levels were too low (in the 200's). So they want to wait until next week and see if they are back up (he was in the 800's last two times). They don't want to take any chances on lowering his immune system anymore. If he gets sick he won't be able to fight it off.

The only good part was he was able to get a prescription that none of the pharmacys were able to get locally.
Y'all are in my prayers Nancy.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athina View Post
So glad you are enjoying your visit. That is awesome he gets to come home and spend some time with you. You should absolutely drive the boat, just tell them they will catch more fish if you drive.
lol! I love it!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athina View Post
Carole,
Thank you so much for the beautiful card. It made me smile when I went to the mail box today.

My IL's spent some time in Aiken about 5 years ago for my FIL's work. They loved it there. We did visit twice and I remember it being very nice and HOT!

Thanks again, you are too sweet!
Glad you liked it
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #2125
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
No, the results of the blood work are what made the decision to hold off until next week. So if his results are improved then he will get his treatment.

He is getting chemo and his ACN levels were too low (in the 200's). So they want to wait until next week and see if they are back up (he was in the 800's last two times). They don't want to take any chances on lowering his immune system anymore. If he gets sick he won't be able to fight it off.

The only good part was he was able to get a prescription that none of the pharmacys were able to get locally.
I can understand that. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #2126
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamL View Post
I put it on my blog a few days ago...I hope I don't have too much going on so I can participate!

The blog where I won the digi stamps, offers 3-4 free digi images each week that go with the challenge. {PIN}spirational Challenges
How fun. I bookmarked the page, so hope to add it to my list of challenges.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #2127
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
We fish in the Savannah river and at Lake Thurmond. We go deep sea fishing, but our boat is for fresh water. We've never had any problems with the boat before. Only problems are me... I chatter a lot and the boys say I scare away the fish.
LOL! Tell them not to get so serious! Fishing's supposed to be fun!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2128
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Hoping things will turn around next week. Sending you positive thoughts.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #2129
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Pajama girls. I sooooooooo wanted to sleep in this morning. Getting to bed too late these days, but there is so much to do and not enough time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #2130
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning!

I hear ya Maggie! I slept in a little this morning. I was soooooo tired yesterday. I just sat my butt on the couch the rest of the day.
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #2131
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prema1108 View Post
Hoping things will turn around next week. Sending you positive thoughts.
Thanks Prema!
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #2132
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning Everyone!

Sending thoughts & prayers your way Nancy....hoping you get proper answers soon.

I'm working on class stuff & a challenge card....wish me luck on both LOL!

Hoping that you're all off to a great day! BBL
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #2133
Embossing Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies.

I know what you are saying Maggie. Today I got up at 6:30 which is way too early for me. , to go to a swim class. Now at work early too. With the rain and clouds, I still feel like i should be home sleeping.

Off to a good start ladies. Have a fun day.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #2134
Gallery Gazer

Hello! Checking in! Utter chaos around here right now!! Everything is a mess! Remember I said my hubby wants to de-clutter! Ugh! He wasn't kidding! His plan is to pull everything out and access our need to keep it before we put anything away! My plan is to clean everything before we put anything away. So in the process of not putting anything away we are living out of boxes and making an even bigger mess! LOL Did I mention chaos?! 10...9....8...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Be back later!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #2135
Gallery Gazer

Nancy, big, big hug! You are close in my thoughts.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #2136
Crimping Master

Good afternoon Pajama Girls

Hugs and good vibes to you and your son Nancy. I hope things go well next week.

Thanks for the beautiful card Carole! I love getting mail that isn't junk or bills!!

I've been out of sorts this week. Monday, I didn't feel well at all, achey, fevery, headache, etc. Yesterday was better, but today, my sinuses are killing me. Darn weather is back and forth so much, my head doesn't know whether it's coming or going...I'll blame it on the weather anyway!

I haven't done much at all today I worked on some Cricut articles that I'm writing, and that's about it. I'm hoping to work on some cards, but not sure I have the ambition for that.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Pam
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #2137
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmiles View Post
Hello! Checking in! Utter chaos around here right now!! Everything is a mess! Remember I said my hubby wants to de-clutter! Ugh! He wasn't kidding! His plan is to pull everything out and access our need to keep it before we put anything away! My plan is to clean everything before we put anything away. So in the process of not putting anything away we are living out of boxes and making an even bigger mess! LOL Did I mention chaos?! 10...9....8...

Be back later!
AnnMarie, that's how I think I am living too, though not out of the boxes, but my craftroom is a mess, because I do not have one. I have too much junk that I have accumulated and its hard to get rid of everything. I have even thought of calling my girl friends over to visit me and help clean up. So I feel for you. But out of this chaos, will be a nice, clean and organized house. you will get through this.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #2138
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks for the beautiful card Carole! I love getting mail that isn't junk or bills!!

I've been out of sorts this week. Monday, I didn't feel well at all, achey, fevery, headache, etc. Yesterday was better, but today, my sinuses are killing me. Darn weather is back and forth so much, my head doesn't know whether it's coming or going...I'll blame it on the weather anyway!

I haven't done much at all today I worked on some Cricut articles that I'm writing, and that's about it. I'm hoping to work on some cards, but not sure I have the ambition for that.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Pam
Hope you feel better Pam !! I know, the weather has been crazy.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #2139
Die Cut Diva

Carole, I received a beautiful card in the mail too! What a beautiful surprise! I love it!

I need to be better at things like that but I've been so busy with other projects lately. I definitely can't complain...being busy crafting is a good thing.

Nancy - super hard hugs for you and your son. My prayers will be for the doctor who is responsible for taking care of him.

Pam, I would love to read your Cricut articles. Is this something you post on your blog or do you write them for Provo Craft? I'm in need of a larger Cricut. I only have the orginal small one for the 6x12 mats. I'm hoping that one of these home shopping networks have a special this weekend in honor of NSD. Not that my credit card is going to agree with me, but at least they will bill monthly instead of one shot.

I had a hard night last night. My right hip is screaming and woke me up about 1:30; although I did watch three I Love Lucy episodes in a row (hilarious!), I still didn't get to sleep until about 4:30. I called in tired this morning and didn't make it into work until 9:30. I took one of my son's pain pills and I'm flying high right now. I'm surprised I can even type. I'm sure I'm going to burn out soon at some point.

I'm hoping to last most of the day...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #2140

Quote:

Enjoy your day everyone!

Pam
glad you liked it Pam
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Carole, I received a beautiful card in the mail too! What a beautiful surprise! I love it!

I need to be better at things like that but I've been so busy with other projects lately. I definitely can't complain...being busy crafting is a good thing.

Nancy - super hard hugs for you and your son. My prayers will be for the doctor who is responsible for taking care of him.

Pam, I would love to read your Cricut articles. Is this something you post on your blog or do you write them for Provo Craft? I'm in need of a larger Cricut. I only have the orginal small one for the 6x12 mats. I'm hoping that one of these home shopping networks have a special this weekend in honor of NSD. Not that my credit card is going to agree with me, but at least they will bill monthly instead of one shot.

I had a hard night last night. My right hip is screaming and woke me up about 1:30; although I did watch three I Love Lucy episodes in a row (hilarious!), I still didn't get to sleep until about 4:30. I called in tired this morning and didn't make it into work until 9:30. I took one of my son's pain pills and I'm flying high right now. I'm surprised I can even type. I'm sure I'm going to burn out soon at some point.

Sorry about your hip, I know how that feels. Glad you liked the card.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #2142
Crimping Master

Quote:

Here is the link to all of the articles. Some of them aren't scrapbooking related, but most of them are. psiloveyou's Lensmaster Page

I couldn't live without the bigger Cricut. I hope you find a good deal on one this weekend! Also check Oh My Crafts. They have good deals on them too.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #2143
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Sending thoughts & prayers your way Nancy....hoping you get proper answers soon.

I'm working on class stuff & a challenge card....wish me luck on both LOL!

Hoping that you're all off to a great day! BBL
Can't wait to see what you are working on Jackie!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #2144
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmiles View Post

Be back later!
Out of chaos comes order AnnMarie! Good luck with all the de-cluttering and organizing. It'll be so great when you get it all put away.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #2145
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Enjoy your day everyone!

Pam
Pam, sorry your sinuses are giving you grief. I sure hope you are feeling better. Those allergies can really cause a lot of problems.

What kind of article are you writing about Cricut? Who are you writing them for? Will they be published?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #2146
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
AnnMarie, that's how I think I am living too, though not out of the boxes, but my craftroom is a mess, because I do not have one. I have too much junk that I have accumulated and its hard to get rid of everything. I have even thought of calling my girl friends over to visit me and help clean up. So I feel for you. But out of this chaos, will be a nice, clean and organized house. you will get through this.
My craft room is always a mess. I seem to work better that way. I keep trying to keep it organized, but whenever I work on something, it just gets all disorganized. Problem is I don't want to get rid of anything.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2147
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I got a card today also from Carole! So pretty and such a sweet thing to do. It's always nice to get happy mail.

Hope you can find a new Cricut this weekend. That would be so terrific. Good luck.

Sorry that you had problems with your hip last night. I think I would have called in not showing up at all. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #2148
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Here is the link to all of the articles. Some of them aren't scrapbooking related, but most of them are. psiloveyou's Lensmaster Page

I couldn't live without the bigger Cricut. I hope you find a good deal on one this weekend! Also check Oh My Crafts. They have good deals on them too.
That's fabulous. I've never heard of Squidoo. How did you get involved with them?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #2149
Rubber Obsessor

Just saying hello, ladies. I'm going to need to catch up and back-read a lot. But Nancy...hugs and prayers to you. I hope all goes well with your son.

Ladies, I miss all of you. My blood pressure is spiking and then going down...but 1 more week 'til 37 weeks. We're easing back into crafting. Hugs to all of you awesome ladies!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #2150
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricutaddict View Post
Just saying hello, ladies. I'm going to need to catch up and back-read a lot. But Nancy...hugs and prayers to you. I hope all goes well with your son.

Ladies, I miss all of you. My blood pressure is spiking and then going down...but 1 more week 'til 37 weeks. We're easing back into crafting. Hugs to all of you awesome ladies!
Thanks Celle!
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #2151
Crimping Master

Quote:
That's fabulous. I've never heard of Squidoo. How did you get involved with them?
Someone asked me to read an article that they had written a long time ago. I had forgotten about it, but was sick for a week back in December with a nasty cold. I didn't feel like doing anything but sitting around on the computer. I started reading the message board, and some of those people are making BIG money! I had run out of things to do, and thought What the Heck! I can write an article. It's alot of work, and takes alot of patience to see any results, but I have made a few bucks off of the articles that I've written

Pam
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #2152
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Someone asked me to read an article that they had written a long time ago. I had forgotten about it, but was sick for a week back in December with a nasty cold. I didn't feel like doing anything but sitting around on the computer. I started reading the message board, and some of those people are making BIG money! I had run out of things to do, and thought What the Heck! I can write an article. It's alot of work, and takes alot of patience to see any results, but I have made a few bucks off of the articles that I've written

Pam
How fabulous! That's great that you can write articles. I hate writing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #2153
Crimping Master

Good Morning ladies! Hope all is well!
Nancy HUGE prayers and hugs for your family! Please keep us updated!

Dorlene I totally understand about the hip..prayers for you too!

Pam it is so cool that you can write articles aobut things you enjoy AND make a little crafting cash too hope you are feeling beter!

Ann Marie ..how goes the chaos? LOL I hate packing and unpacking..it is the bane of my existence..however in this house,, I am the "throw it out" nazi LOL My husband is a 100th generation pack rat and it drives me INSANE HA!

I have a ton of running to do today..lunch with my 6th grader..dropping by the elementary school to pay for a class trip..grocery shopping ( why oh why must these people eat SO much ) , pick up dry cleaning..umm..go to the pharmacy...do laundry..then go back to the high school at some point..I am sure right in the middle of making dinner.. to pick up my 10th grader..so I am not sure there will be any crafting going on in my neck of the woods. And it is SO hot here ....holy world..We haven't turned the air on yet, trying to hold out until June..but it was distressing making dinner last night. Tonight I am grilling something not sure what...they are in danger of getting sandwiches LOL..especially after eating lunch with 200 6th graders..
plus I am not feeling mojo right now no matter what I do...any time spent with the inlaws sucks the life right outta me LOL..maybe tomorrow I will start to feel like myself again?? HAHA!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #2154
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Jessica!

It sounds like you have a lot of running around to do today!

Not a whole lot going on around here.
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #2155

Quote:
I got a card today also from Carole! So pretty and such a sweet thing to do. It's always nice to get happy mail.

Hope you can find a new Cricut this weekend. That would be so terrific. Good luck.

Sorry that you had problems with your hip last night. I think I would have called in not showing up at all. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.
Glad you liked it Maggie
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #2156

Quote:
How fabulous! That's great that you can write articles. I hate writing.
You know, I used to hate writing too. Then in grad school alllll I did was write!! At first it just about killed me. Then I kind of got into a rhythm and learned to just write without taking so long, cause I just didn't have the time, I had to write faster. It just clicked with all the practice too I guess.

What is Squidoo????
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkin One View Post
Good Morning ladies! Hope all is well!
Nancy HUGE prayers and hugs for your family! Please keep us updated!

Dorlene I totally understand about the hip..prayers for you too!

Pam it is so cool that you can write articles aobut things you enjoy AND make a little crafting cash too hope you are feeling beter!

Ann Marie ..how goes the chaos? LOL I hate packing and unpacking..it is the bane of my existence..however in this house,, I am the "throw it out" nazi LOL My husband is a 100th generation pack rat and it drives me INSANE HA!

I have a ton of running to do today..lunch with my 6th grader..dropping by the elementary school to pay for a class trip..grocery shopping ( why oh why must these people eat SO much ) , pick up dry cleaning..umm..go to the pharmacy...do laundry..then go back to the high school at some point..I am sure right in the middle of making dinner.. to pick up my 10th grader..so I am not sure there will be any crafting going on in my neck of the woods. And it is SO hot here ....holy world..We haven't turned the air on yet, trying to hold out until June..but it was distressing making dinner last night. Tonight I am grilling something not sure what...they are in danger of getting sandwiches LOL..especially after eating lunch with 200 6th graders..
plus I am not feeling mojo right now no matter what I do...any time spent with the inlaws sucks the life right outta me LOL..maybe tomorrow I will start to feel like myself again?? HAHA!
You are a good mom! I hope those kids know that

You haven't had the AC on yet Boy howdy, we've sure been running ours. It's not cooling real well so we called to have someone come out and look at it today.

Our son got a new smart phone yesterday and he's happily playing with it. We went fishin' yesterday it wasn't too hot out on the lake, but all three of us got sun burnt. Even after applying 30 SPF twice! That's what happens when you live in the deep south. We caught 4 little ones nothing big enough to put in a pan, so we came home and grilled hamburgers!

I've read posts, so I know y'all are in various states of organizing, writing, pain, waiting for baby. Thinking of you all, and will write more after son's visit. We sure enjoying his visit; he's like a breath of fresh air. His joy for life and his vibrancy are truly contagious!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #2158
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!

I hear ya Maggie! I slept in a little this morning. I was soooooo tired yesterday. I just sat my butt on the couch the rest of the day.
That's how I feel today. I have got no motivation to do anything. I hate being bored at the office - makes me want to either eat or spend money.

Looks like I'll be wrapped up in filing today. Ugh!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #2159
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies.

I know what you are saying Maggie. Today I got up at 6:30 which is way too early for me. , to go to a swim class. Now at work early too. With the rain and clouds, I still feel like i should be home sleeping.

Off to a good start ladies. Have a fun day.
Do you go to a swim class everyday?? Is that for you or kids? I thought about joining the YWCA and going early before work to swim for exercise, but I don't think I can get up any earlier than 5:30. I do love to swim though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #2160
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricutaddict View Post

You need to take care of yourself now Celle and not worry about the crafting and visiting so much. Prayers being said for you. Rest, rest, rest!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts