Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #521
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajojus View Post
Ok, thanks that everyone is tired I didn't miss that much. I have been working on my shoe and the purse and I'm done!!! Are we suppose to post it right away or do we have to post it on the 15th?. Ok ladies have a great evening!!!
They are technically due on the 15th, but a couple beautiful creations have already been made and posted!! WooHoooo!! Feel free to post whenever!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #522
Gallery Gazer

Mine are done too:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1110754.JPG (165.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1110765.JPG (67.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1110758.JPG (125.4 KB, 4 views)

Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #523
Kookie Creator

Morning everyone! Today is the day I am setting up a crafts table with Prema and another friend at a local cultural event! We have lots of chocolates all nicely packaged, card sets, post-it holders and ofcourse lots and lots of cards.

Everything we earn today will go to the charity organizing the event. Hope we make a good sale
Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good monring!

AM, your purse and shoe are so cute!!!

I hope you guys sell out at your booth Chaitali!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #525
Crimping Master

Maggie - Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it so I can try to figure it out later.

Someone asked where I volunteer. My husband is the chief of a local all volunteer fire company. My whole family has volunteered there for years. My grandparents are actually charter members.

AM - Your purse and shoe are beautiful. I will have to check them out in more detail when I get a minute. My husband wants that laptop back so he can watch The Masters until it comes on TV.

Pam
Old 04-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #526
Insane Embellisher

Hello ladies!!!. Well... I have to admit that I really enjoyed our "purse/shoe" project. It turned out nice, to my point of view. Your creations so far are soooo nice. Beautiful projects. AnnMarie, love your vintage look!!!

Chaitali mentioned on my blog that I used the pokey tool on my card... well I have to tell that the pokey tool is one of my favourite gadgets in my craft room, I use it A LOT... so beware!!!. (I totally missed the pokey posts and I needed to feel "not left out" on that one. LOL!!!

Ladies, we are going to have supper with some friends, so I better start cooking . Have a great Saturday. I'll be back later if I can. I'll be visiting blogs as well later today or tomorrow!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0004.jpg (40.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0006.jpg (30.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0007.jpg (20.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Every one's shoed and purses are soooo cute. I feel behind. I haven't started yet!

I think I need a pokey tool!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #528
Die Cut Diva

The shoes and purses are gorgeous! Great Job! I'm going to all an day crop on Tuesday (yes, I took the day off) so I'm hoping to work on mine at that time.

My computer at home is still not working but I'm at the library today trying to catch up on some things plus pay some bills. I didn't realize how dependent I am on the computer. It's a little scary. Happy Easter everyone! I'll be posting more once the computer at home is working or I'm back at work

Enjoy
Old 04-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #529
Quacker Stamper

I was soooooooooo busy today - missed all the chatter. I did finally take some time this evening and got a card done which is posted on my blog. I submitted it for a bunch of different challenges. My last Easter card of the season.

Guess I better go catch up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #530
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmiles View Post
Good morning!

I sent out the list of addresses! Still waiting on a couple and will send those as I get them! So, feel free to RAK away ladies! We do have a birthday coming up this month! **Ahem cough cough...Carolina...ahem cough cough!** Was that subtle enough?! LOL

I also included the list of everyone's screen names in post #1 in case you ever need to PM the whole group.

Rainy, cold, yucky and wet here today...blah! Oh well! Maybe it will inspire a wave of craftiness!
Thanks for getting that all together for us AnnMarie.

Hope the weather has cleared up for you and that you'll all have a beautiful Easter Sunday. It was so lovely here today. I sprayed the whole back yard with bug killer. The mosquitos here are alreay getting out of control.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #531
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I have no idea!

I am not sure if dogs are a problem or not. I don't know anyone with a dog to visit and see what happens.

When we go the first cat, I did research and found out that either dander or saliva is what people are allergic too. Also black cats have something that makes the fur black that people can be allergic too. So no black cats, short hair cats only.

At first she got baths regularly. As long as I didn't touch my eyes after petting her I was ok. One of the cats became a bad kitty and we had to start keeping her outside. We let her back in after we moved and she was bad again so back outside. When she was in side, my dd brushed her and my allergies went hay wire. I couldn't breathe and kept coughing. I think being outside changed her fur somehow and she has more dander or something! She is such a friendly and loving cat too and loves attention. I hated putting her out.
That's too bad, but sometimes kitties have to be outside. I have 5 that I take care of that live in my back yard. They are pretty much feral although a couple of them are sort of on the friendly side. Not so much that I'd have the in my house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #532
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Major allergy to cats here, which is okay because I'm really not a fan of cats (so sorry Maggie) As a little girl, I was bitten badly a couple of times and scratched badly several times... had to get shots. I just never had much luck with cats, then I found out last year that I'm allergic to them. I LOVE dogs though, and horses!!! In fact, my Daddy and both my Grandpas trained and raced harness horses.
No problem. I won't hold it against you. I like dogs and we've even had them, but dogs require so much more work than cats and I just don't have the time. I always wanted to ride a horse, but never did. We love going to the horse races though. My whole extended family goes on July 4 every year to the horse races. It's a lot of fun.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #533
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies!!! IT IS INSANE HOW FAST THIS GROUP COMMUNICATES!!! OK... let's start:

I'm very, very allergic to cats. I literally want to take my eyes out every time I'm near a cat. They itch sooo much that after a while my eyes are cover in mascara and even my chicks have mascara as well, but I don't care!!!. My throat starts to shut and I start with breathing problems. But there are some friends that have cats and nothing of that happen, so I don't know why some cats yes and other no.

I wasn't very friends with animals. I didn't grew up having animals close to me, until I bought a dog for my kids and now he became the love of my life!!!. I love him. He is a mix of Labrador and Retriever named Gesell. I don't know what would I do without him. He has me in the palm of his "paw". LOL!!!.

OK, let's see: GROCERIES... I used to like them but having two teens at home and another six years old, my grocery cart is always full and I'm not enjoying spending "that much time" in the supermarket.

What else?... I don't like reading but I LOVE movies, but I'm not a friend of Horror ones, I can't handle them. I'm a romantic kind of woman. I went to see THE VOW yesterday. Really like it.

Ok, ladies. I'll check the shoe tutorial right now and promise I'll leave some love later on everybody's blog.

Have a great Good friday and an awesome Easter. Be back later!!!
My family always had a cat. We also got a dog when I was about 8. After I got married to my girls dad, we had a dog that we had for about 16 years. While I was married to him, we were not allowed to have a cat. After we split up, that was one of the first things that I did - get a cat! I love cats.

I like to read, but don't have a lot of time. Usually for about 1/2 hour before I go to bed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #534
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning Ladies & Happy Saturday!!!!! I see that everyone has some sort of plans as do I so this will be short & sweet! I'm wishing you all a very Blessed Easter & hope you all have a nice time with your families. We'll be mingling with some new friends actually the same ones we spent Christmas with so I'm really looking forward to that! I'll check back in later
Hope you had a lovely Saturday. Have fun with your friends.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #535
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Mine are done too:
Wow! Very pretty. Yesterday I watched the video for the shoes and a couple of the purse ones. I decided which one I wanted to make. Now just have to get the time to get them done.

What did you make the heel from? How your get your ribbon handle to stand up stiff like that?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #536
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativec View Post
Morning everyone! Today is the day I am setting up a crafts table with Prema and another friend at a local cultural event! We have lots of chocolates all nicely packaged, card sets, post-it holders and ofcourse lots and lots of cards.

Everything we earn today will go to the charity organizing the event. Hope we make a good sale
Oh how fun. Guess you and Prema live close to each other. Hope you had a good turnout and lots of people came and bought stuff from you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #537
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamL View Post
Maggie - Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it so I can try to figure it out later.

Someone asked where I volunteer. My husband is the chief of a local all volunteer fire company. My whole family has volunteered there for years. My grandparents are actually charter members.

AM - Your purse and shoe are beautiful. I will have to check them out in more detail when I get a minute. My husband wants that laptop back so he can watch The Masters until it comes on TV.

Pam
You're welcome. Hope you can figure it out. It wasn't hard.

That's fabulous that your family are First Responders. When I was growing up, our fire department was volunteer. I have so much respect for those in uniforms that put their lives on the line every day for the people.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #538
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello ladies!!!. Well... I have to admit that I really enjoyed our "purse/shoe" project. It turned out nice, to my point of view. Your creations so far are soooo nice. Beautiful projects. AnnMarie, love your vintage look!!!

Chaitali mentioned on my blog that I used the pokey tool on my card... well I have to tell that the pokey tool is one of my favourite gadgets in my craft room, I use it A LOT... so beware!!!. (I totally missed the pokey posts and I needed to feel "not left out" on that one. LOL!!!

Ladies, we are going to have supper with some friends, so I better start cooking . Have a great Saturday. I'll be back later if I can. I'll be visiting blogs as well later today or tomorrow!!!
Those turned out so beautiful.

Hope you enjoyed the dinner with your friends. Sounds like you were the one doing the cooking.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #539
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
The shoes and purses are gorgeous! Great Job! I'm going to all an day crop on Tuesday (yes, I took the day off) so I'm hoping to work on mine at that time.

My computer at home is still not working but I'm at the library today trying to catch up on some things plus pay some bills. I didn't realize how dependent I am on the computer. It's a little scary. Happy Easter everyone! I'll be posting more once the computer at home is working or I'm back at work

Enjoy
I just don't know what I would do without my computer.

Have fun at the crop on Tuesday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #540
Quacker Stamper

I had a good day - started off with breakfast with my GF. It was good to see her. She's going through a difficult situation right now. I had to go up to the church and change out the bulletin board.

Went by Home Depot and picked up some bug spray for the yard and some weed killer for the yard. I went ahead and used the bug spray. Already the mosquitos are taking over. They are so ferocious. Hope this works. I'll spray for weeds either tomorrow or Monday night.

I went through my stash of cards that I've made and made a big box of cards to donate. One of the girls I chat with is going to get me the name and address of someone to send them to for the troops.

In between all that I was actually able to make a card. Got my blog updated with it and I submitted it for about 6 challenges.

I think I'll go check some of your blogs and then hit the hay.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #541
Gallery Gazer

Hello and Happy Easter everyone! : ) Quick post...will pop back in later!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning and happy Easter!

I agree Maggie, I don't know what I would do without my computer!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #543
Insane Embellisher

Good afternoon ladies!!! HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!. We went to church today, had a barbecue and now my husband is taking the kids to the park so I can hide the chocolate eggs!!!. I don't think I can scrap today, we'll see. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #544
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativec View Post

Hope all went well! Kept my fingers crossed for you guys!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #545
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good monring!

AM, your purse and shoe are so cute!!!

I hope you guys sell out at your booth Chaitali!
Thank ya!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #546
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamL View Post

Pam
Thank you! That is really cool about your family volunteering. We live in a very rural (Did I mention RURAL!!!) little town in Virginia and both our fire dept and rescue squad are volunteer. My hat goes off to you guys!! Big, big thank you for everything that you guys do! Big hug!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #547
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sooooo very pretty! You kicked this challenges butt too!! Way to go!! Really nice job!!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #548
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post

Enjoy
I am sooo jealous!! Have a wonderful time Tuesday cropping away!! Cannot wait to see what you do!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #549
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thanks for getting that all together for us AnnMarie.

Hope the weather has cleared up for you and that you'll all have a beautiful Easter Sunday. It was so lovely here today. I sprayed the whole back yard with bug killer. The mosquitos here are alreay getting out of control.
Sure thing! Did everyone receive the list of addresses?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #550
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Wow! Very pretty. Yesterday I watched the video for the shoes and a couple of the purse ones. I decided which one I wanted to make. Now just have to get the time to get them done.

What did you make the heel from? How your get your ribbon handle to stand up stiff like that?
I cut a 4 x 1.5 inch strip of paper and scored it lengthwise at .5". I folded it on the score line and cut out small triangles every so often. Then I just rolled it into a little tube shape and glued it in place. The ribbon is pretty stiff on it's own and just held the handle shape.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #551
Gallery Gazer

Maggie, glad you had a nice day! Breakfast dates with GF are the best, aren't they?! I am sure visiting with you helped her to feel better too!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #552
Gallery Gazer

I had a very quiet day today. Hubby and our two younger children went home to Virginia for the Easter cookout hubby's family has every year. He is from a large family! I stayed behind to get my next oldest kiddo to work today. My very oldest kid and I had a nice day together! We went out driving and walked on the beach and had a heart to heart chat.

This is the first year since I have been a mom (22 years!) that I did not do Easter baskets. I tried to tell myself that my kids were all getting too big for baskets then I spent the whole day feeling pretty darn guilty about it! Next year I am totally making baskets again! LOL

Hope you guys all had a wonderful day!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #553
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:

lol giggles!!

I don't how I did without mine!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #554
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
lol giggles!!

I don't how I did without mine!
Every woman needs a good poke-y tool. I am just saying! LOLOL

Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #555

Quote:
I had a very quiet day today. Hubby and our two younger children went home to Virginia for the Easter cookout hubby's family has every year. He is from a large family! I stayed behind to get my next oldest kiddo to work today. My very oldest kid and I had a nice day together! We went out driving and walked on the beach and had a heart to heart chat.

This is the first year since I have been a mom (22 years!) that I did not do Easter baskets. I tried to tell myself that my kids were all getting too big for baskets then I spent the whole day feeling pretty darn guilty about it! Next year I am totally making baskets again! LOL

Hope you guys all had a wonderful day!
When mine was little and I made his first basket for him, by husband said, "where's mine?" so I've making one for him too every year since. I sent one to my 28 year old son in Colorado. He liked it, but said some of the chocolate melted a little Next year... DRY ICE for Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day or heaven forbid if I'm not with him at Christmas (gasp).

Last edited by sc magnolia; 04-08-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #556
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I cut a 4 x 1.5 inch strip of paper and scored it lengthwise at .5". I folded it on the score line and cut out small triangles every so often. Then I just rolled it into a little tube shape and glued it in place. The ribbon is pretty stiff on it's own and just held the handle shape.
I have some of that ribbon in different colors, but hadn't tried using it yet. Thanks for the info. Gotta work on this challenge this week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #557
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Pajama Party girls!

Sorry didn't get on yesterday. It was a pretty full day starting with church and then to my sis's for dinner. When I got home I needed to work on my card for the PSC challenge this week. After I got that done I was really tired so hit the sack a little early.

Today should be a pretty easy day at the office. Both my bosses will be out of the office at mediation with a client.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #558
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
When mine was little and I made his first basket for him, by husband said, "where's mine?" so I've making one for him too every year since. I sent one to my 28 year old son in Colorado. He liked it, but said some of the chocolate melted a little Next year... DRY ICE for Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day or heaven forbid if I'm not with him at Christmas (gasp).
I still make baskets, but now mostly for my grands. My oldest who is finishing up her first year at college was not getting to go home, so I had to send her something which meant I had to send her sister something. I ended up making a basket for her and one also for my DD and SIL. I also made baskets for the two grands that live here. I was going to make one for my other DD and SIL, but instead I gave her a package of small Cadbury eggs. They are are favorite. She was happy with that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning and happy Monday!

Good morning Maggie!

It sounds like everyone had a nice Easter.

I am just relaxing, drinking my coffee before I have to get busy!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #560

Quote:
I still make baskets, but now mostly for my grands. My oldest who is finishing up her first year at college was not getting to go home, so I had to send her something which meant I had to send her sister something. I ended up making a basket for her and one also for my DD and SIL. I also made baskets for the two grands that live here. I was going to make one for my other DD and SIL, but instead I gave her a package of small Cadbury eggs. They are are favorite. She was happy with that.
How fun to have grandchildren around! How many daughters do you have?