Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #2001
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hahahahaha.....DH called from work wanting to know if anything was going on May 8-9 cuz HR was trying to set up days to hold interviews and he is one of the managers conducting the interviews. those days are normally his days off and I need him home!

I'm like "noooooooo"

Where do I start, between DD needing to be brought home from college, kids doctors vists involving hospital stay, neighborhood garage sale. Every single day something is going on!
You do stay pretty busy. I hope they were able to reschedule the interviews so DH could be at home to help you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #2002
Quacker Stamper

Had a nice day in spite of the fact that my boss was back from his vacation. He wasn't in the office that much so that was good. I went and had lunch with a GF and then went out to dinner tonight with the Single Chicks that get together on the 4th Wednesday of the month. So fun.

Tomorrow is mediation day so free lunch, but I also made plans to go out to lunch with a GF from work. I can save my lunch for Friday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #2003
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Morning
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #2004
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I know I won't be able to go, Brenda. I really need to save for a trip to Texas - hopefully next spring. That's going to be an expensive trip but a necessity.
@kelly what is in texas?other than me and maggie of course . i remember you saying something about mission ,tx. just curious
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #2005
Crimping Master

Quote:
I know I won't be able to go, Brenda. I really need to save for a trip to Texas - hopefully next spring. That's going to be an expensive trip but a necessity.
thats a bummer kelly . i know i was looking forward to meeting you face to face . im sure the other girls were too .

Can we continue the head count for the trip ? Scrapbooking conventions are fun.do we have any other definite no's?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #2006
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
@kelly what is in texas?other than me and maggie of course . i remember you saying something about mission ,tx. just curious
When I'm not publishing in art magazines, I'm working promotion with the Texas music community. I'm friends with several artists, a couple of promoters and one morning radio DJ refers to my blog on Thur for his morning drive show. Just don't know which one LOL
TheCountryAngel
Old 04-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #2007
Stazon Splitcoast

My MIL and her husband live in Mission during the winter. Have never been to Texas at all but when I do go I know it won't be that far south. Probably not any farther south than Houston and Galveston
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #2008
Crimping Master

Quote:
My MIL and her husband live in Mission during the winter. Have never been to Texas at all but when I do go I know it won't be that far south. Probably not any farther south than Houston and Galveston
i thought galveston was as far south as you can go. but i checked and galveston is on the northern edge of the gulf . I didnt realize its south east of houston (i guess thats what you would call that direction), i thought it was straight south ....oops.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #2009
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone & happy friday!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #2010
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #2011
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
i thought galveston was as far south as you can go. but i checked and galveston is on the northern edge of the gulf . I didnt realize its south east of houston (i guess thats what you would call that direction), i thought it was straight south ....oops.
No, Galveston is only an hour from me, but it takes 4 hours more south to get to Corpus Christi and South Padre.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #2012
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Hello everyone & happy friday!!!
Hi Jackie and Paper Bloggers.

I'm at home now. Went into the office early for 2 hours. Now home while they are getting started on pouring my patio slab. I need to leave here again at 11 to go to the bank for closing on my refinance loan for my windows. The window guy is coming at 6 tonight to sign those papers.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #2013
Crimping Master

Quote:
When I'm not publishing in art magazines, I'm working promotion with the Texas music community. I'm friends with several artists, a couple of promoters and one morning radio DJ refers to my blog on Thur for his morning drive show. Just don't know which one LOL
TheCountryAngel
me neither i listen to kluv. music of the 60's, 70's and 80's LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #2014
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers and Happy Saturday.

My plans changed for today. I was supposed to be gone all day at a Genealogy Seminar, but decided that my low back could not take sitting all day. I need to be up and moving and stretching every so often and that would be disruptive to classes. And it's an hour's drive from home which would have been a bit much.

My Saturdays are really important to me too since I work all week there is always a ton of stuff that needs to be done on Saturday.

The patio slab got done yesterday! Yeah! I'm posting a couple photos I took. Got all the things done at the bank that I needed to do. Another Yeah! And the window guy came last night and we signed all the papers for it, gave him a check for the downpayment and then he had to measure all the windows inside to make sure they were all correct and would fit. That took some doing in my storage room (scrap booking) and stamp rooms because there is so much stuff in front of the windows. But he managed to get it all done. Now it's just wait until they are ready to be installed. Takes at least 4 weeks or more. I've got to get started packing up the supplies and stuff because it all has to be cleared away 3 feet from the windows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (11).jpg (68.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (14).jpg (66.1 KB, 1 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #2015
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Paper Bloggers and Happy Saturday.

My plans changed for today. I was supposed to be gone all day at a Genealogy Seminar, but decided that my low back could not take sitting all day. I need to be up and moving and stretching every so often and that would be disruptive to classes. And it's an hour's drive from home which would have been a bit much.

My Saturdays are really important to me too since I work all week there is always a ton of stuff that needs to be done on Saturday.

The patio slab got done yesterday! Yeah! I'm posting a couple photos I took. Got all the things done at the bank that I needed to do. Another Yeah! And the window guy came last night and we signed all the papers for it, gave him a check for the downpayment and then he had to measure all the windows inside to make sure they were all correct and would fit. That took some doing in my storage room (scrap booking) and stamp rooms because there is so much stuff in front of the windows. But he managed to get it all done. Now it's just wait until they are ready to be installed. Takes at least 4 weeks or more. I've got to get started packing up the supplies and stuff because it all has to be cleared away 3 feet from the windows.
@maggie
sorry to hear about your back and you having to miss the genealogy classes. cant wait to see the new windows when they're done
Old 04-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #2016
Crimping Master

Quote:
Sounds like the perfect weekend! Hope you have fun a the M&T. Dinner that you don't have to cook is always great. So are you a Big Sister? I don't think I've ever heard you talk anything about that.
Yes, I was in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program as a Big Sister. I was matched with my "little" just a few weeks shy of her 6th birthday. She will be 30 years old this July! Not so little any more. We have remained close and see each other when we can. She lives here in town which is nice. She & her daughter were part of the group I went to Disneyland with in Feb. In the next few months I will be doing a blog post about us. Big Brothers & Big Sisters is also where I met my hubby His "little" also turns 30 this summer.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #2017
Crimping Master

Quote:
You are more then welcome Brenda! I'm loving Bloglovin myself....I appreciate the emails everyday & sometimes twice a day!!! Yep, google reader is done as of July 1 & now I'm starting to see the pop ups when I'm going in to accept comments about upgrading to google+ for a better experience---whatever! I don't understand that setup...it's very confusing to me!

Anywhoo; when I was uploading my cards here, they were for challenges so if I remember correctly they were just uploaded with a tag attached so they would go to that challenge album. If I made any of my own...I don't think I did~ they would be maybe for a particular set or Holiday.
Jackie, Bloglovin definitely has been user friendly. Do you know if we lose our GFC followers when Google reader goes away? I do not understand Google+ either (and I even read a book about it. LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #2018
Crimping Master

Quote:
I'm off at lunch time today to get a pedicure. My poor toes are so bad. I don't do manicures because the polish doesn't last and my nails don't really get long enough.
Maggie......I totally agree about the manicure thing. Just told a friend that the other day. I had gotten one and the polish was chipped in two days. Hadn't had a manicure in years. Now the toes..........different...........holds the polish well.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #2019
Crimping Master

Quote:
Well this news makes me sad I was looking forward to meeting you in person. Maybe some other time. I totally understand.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #2020
Crimping Master

Quote:
I've not read ahead to see if anyone jumped on this. But here's the info I got from my marketing friend (niece in law)

All three sites have their own widgets that you can use.Here's the links to them.https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like /https://help.pinterest.com/entries/22367081-Buttons-and-widgets-for-websites Annette
Kelly, thanks for these. I will be looking into them. I uploaded some icons to my blog the other day by accident and now I cannot get rid of them. LOL Hopefully I will do better on these sites. It was my own fault.....clicking away and not paying attention to what the computer was asking me. LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #2021
Crimping Master

Hi! Well I think that I am caught up on reading our thread. I had missed a lot. As far as the challenge hop goes I am not sure I am up for it in May. I am focused on my annual scrap camp (which takes place in June). I am in charge of the prizes this year and it is a bit of work. I would probably be able to do something early August on. Keep me in the loop though.....one never knows I may try to join in if you all do it sooner.
I hope that everyone is having good weekend. My daughter and I went to the Fair last night with friends (hubby out of town and comes home tonight). We had a fun time at the fair. I did one ride (well it was the GIANT slide) due to the cost and the fact I cannot take the spinning anymore. My daughter rode her fare share. I plan to do a blog post about it so I won't go into all of the fun we had
Talk with you all soon.........Happy weekend! Did anyone take advantage of the wonderful sale at cricut.com? They had tons of embossing folders marked down to $1.99! I shopped til I dropped
Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #2022
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Yes, I was in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program as a Big Sister. I was matched with my "little" just a few weeks shy of her 6th birthday. She will be 30 years old this July! Not so little any more. We have remained close and see each other when we can. She lives here in town which is nice. She & her daughter were part of the group I went to Disneyland with in Feb. In the next few months I will be doing a blog post about us. Big Brothers & Big Sisters is also where I met my hubby His "little" also turns 30 this summer.
That's great that you were both involved in such a great organization and that it brought the two of you together too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #2023
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Maggie......I totally agree about the manicure thing. Just told a friend that the other day. I had gotten one and the polish was chipped in two days. Hadn't had a manicure in years. Now the toes..........different...........holds the polish well.
Exactly!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #2024
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

My oldest DGD is officially engaged to be married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last I heard the wedding was set for December 28. Just goes to show you never know how life is going to take you. I thought for sure that she'd go through college first and maybe find someone once she got out in the workforce. This is her first real BF and didn't date much in HS. Her fiance is related to one of her roommats, so that is how they met.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #2025
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Maggie, congrats on your DGD's engagement!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #2026
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

sneaking in to let you all know I did a blog update... you even get a side ways picture lol hoping to figure that out not sure why it is but oh well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #2027
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Brandy, thanks for helping I am still lost lol
like I said I flipped it in picture sites but it is not transferring correctly... I will try tomorrow after I shut the computer down over night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 04-29-2013, 03:09 AM   #2028
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, congrats on your DGD's engagement!
Thanks Nancy. If you're on FB, I shared a photo of the happy couple.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #2029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
sneaking in to let you all know I did a blog update... you even get a side ways picture lol hoping to figure that out not sure why it is but oh well
I need to get around to visit everyone. I usually try to do that on Sunday, but yesterday was a busy day. After church I went out to have dinner with DD and her family and had an enjoyable evening.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 AM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Thanks Nancy. If you're on FB, I shared a photo of the happy couple.
I don't do Facebook.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #2031
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Brandy, thanks for helping I am still lost lol
like I said I flipped it in picture sites but it is not transferring correctly... I will try tomorrow after I shut the computer down over night
Looks like you were able to get if fixed. The bookmarks turned out really pretty with my favorite color! It is so great to have someone that you can rely on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2032
Stazon Splitcoast

Popping on to say good evening to all!

Brenda, I'm not sure if we lose that part of it. As far as I know; it's just the reader unless that's your reader. Most of the folks that I've followed by joining that thing; I've started following with Blog lovin....
Old 04-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #2033
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning All...
Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #2034
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon! Things are crazy here at the office. Oh, how I wish I could retire tomorrow! Each day is one step closer though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning all!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #2036
Crimping Master

Heart

Quote:
Morning all!
Mornin Y'all,

any of y'all ever use mulberry paper ? I've got some atleast a decade old mulberry paper i would like to use . Im thinking it would be a waste as background paper. any suggestions or tips for using mulberry paper ?

kel, if you want to get mixed media i think that would be cool too
definitely out of my comfort zone but im bored with my comfort zone

thanks in advance

brandy
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #2037
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Mornin Y'all,

any of y'all ever use mulberry paper ? I've got some atleast a decade old mulberry paper i would like to use . Im thinking it would be a waste as background paper. any suggestions or tips for using mulberry paper ?

kel, if you want to get mixed media i think that would be cool too
definitely out of my comfort zone but im bored with my comfort zone

thanks in advance

brandy
You know. I do have a bunch of that in a drawer that has been sitting there for years. I was looking at it the other day because I put some felt in that same drawer. Just now it hit me that it would be fabulous to use to make handmade flowers! The ones you buy are made with Mulberry paper, so it would be perfect. I think I may try doing that. Thanks Brandy for the inspiration.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2038
Crimping Master

Quote:
You know. I do have a bunch of that in a drawer that has been sitting there for years. I was looking at it the other day because I put some felt in that same drawer. Just now it hit me that it would be fabulous to use to make handmade flowers! The ones you buy are made with Mulberry paper, so it would be perfect. I think I may try doing that. Thanks Brandy for the inspiration.
thanks maggie i wasnt thinking that complicated . when you get one done then i can get the benefit of your experience .you first jk
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #2039
Crimping Master

Quote:
thanks maggie i wasnt thinking that complicated . when you get one done then i can get the benefit of your experience .you first jk
besides i only have 4 sheets. 2 blue and 2 pink. i couldnt mess up very many times before I was outta paper
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #2040
Crimping Master

i do have one tip for you , if you're gonna make an easel card dont make it bigger than 6 by 6. otherwise your easel will end up short . which is what ive run into. now I just have to figure out where to adjust so that it works . wish me luck or brilliance . either will be fine