Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #1761
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Late morning Hello to all & hope you all had a wonderful weekend
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #1762
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Girls!

In case you think I fell off the face of the Earth, I assure you I have not. Between a horrid headcold (finally gone) and busy with freelance writing assignments, I just haven't had much time for socialization.

Although my blog won't be updated for a couple more weeks, I wanted to share a link to one I am guesting on this week. This gal has an AWESOME project and I adore her. Please check it out.

Learning to Lead: Guest Blogger Kelly Henkins (Part I) | Big Scout Project

I'm cleaning my studio next week and getting some projects caught up. Soooo ready to get back to paper crafting.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #1763
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls I'm here posting an apology!

I ran out of Christmas cards before I got to this group. But I've made the adjustment for next year!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #1764
Quacker Stamper

Merry Christmas Paper Bloggers. No worries Kelly. I do think I sent cards out to everyone this year even if they weren't all hand made. Next time I'll do better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #1765
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas Everyone
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 12-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #1766
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey Girls!

In case you think I fell off the face of the Earth, I assure you I have not. Between a horrid headcold (finally gone) and busy with freelance writing assignments, I just haven't had much time for socialization.

Although my blog won't be updated for a couple more weeks, I wanted to share a link to one I am guesting on this week. This gal has an AWESOME project and I adore her. Please check it out.

Learning to Lead: Guest Blogger Kelly Henkins (Part I) | Big Scout Project

I'm cleaning my studio next week and getting some projects caught up. Soooo ready to get back to paper crafting.
I do have a blog post that I need to put on my blog. Since I don't have any DT work due, and with travelling, this post got put on the back burner. Sorry I haven't been around to visit you guys lately, but I think I can catch up over the holidays while I"m gone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #1767
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Already planning my blog revamp for the new year. Can't wait for you to see it!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #1768
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #1769
Stampin' Fool

Merry Christmas Y'all
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #1770
Quacker Stamper

Good morning and Happy Day After Christmas!

Had a lovely day. It's kind of gloomy here this morning and we had some rain. Hope it stops now. We're going out later to see Lincoln. Not sure what else is on the agenda. I just go with the flow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #1771
Stampin' Fool

Cool White Christmas

We had a white christmas !!!!yes you read it right . first one in here that i can remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning and Happy Day After Christmas!

Had a lovely day. It's kind of gloomy here this morning and we had some rain. Hope it stops now. We're going out later to see Lincoln. Not sure what else is on the agenda. I just go with the flow.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #1772
Stampin' Fool

Hello Paper Bloggers! Sooooooooooooo I have sent two Christmas cards...to my grandma & great Aunt. So behind............we have a card printed and our annual newsletter in the final stages and just could not get it together to get out. That being said............we hope to still send our photo card (Christmas) with our newsletter (which will have a New Year's greeting on it.) Kind of a mixed up mailing but I hope to get them out next week. We leave in the morning for Redding, CA to spend time with my mother in law & husband's side of the family. My sister in law and I hope to sip tea by the fire place and try to help each other learn how to crochet. She is MUCH better than I am. Together we hope to figure out how to make something. LOL As for my blog.......I have not had any time to play in blog land. As soon as I get home I will be back to posting & visiting all of you like I had been before the holidays.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I had a wonderful day with family --- 20 here at my house for Christmas dinner. My hubby did all of the cooking. Turned out perfect! So thankful for my dear family and that my brother has his health. Three yrs ago he was in a wheelchair. Now he is walking, working, etc. So much to be thankful for. My grandma is doing well too. Back to the Senior Center for her last week for one day. That mild heart attack has slowed her down some, but not much.

Gift wise I got lots of October Afternoon products! Love their stuff.

@Brandy, I hope you had a warm coat for that snow weather. My mother in law said it snowed there yesterday. This desert girl has her heavy coat packed. I really do not care for the cold. LOL

Happy New Year Paper Bloggers! If not before, I will catch up with you all in early Jan.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #1773
Stampin' Fool

Heart

@brenda I think I have more coats than any other item in my closet. I think I get atleast one a year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hello Paper Bloggers! Sooooooooooooo I have sent two Christmas cards...to my grandma & great Aunt. So behind............we have a card printed and our annual newsletter in the final stages and just could not get it together to get out. That being said............we hope to still send our photo card (Christmas) with our newsletter (which will have a New Year's greeting on it.) Kind of a mixed up mailing but I hope to get them out next week. We leave in the morning for Redding, CA to spend time with my mother in law & husband's side of the family. My sister in law and I hope to sip tea by the fire place and try to help each other learn how to crochet. She is MUCH better than I am. Together we hope to figure out how to make something. LOL As for my blog.......I have not had any time to play in blog land. As soon as I get home I will be back to posting & visiting all of you like I had been before the holidays.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I had a wonderful day with family --- 20 here at my house for Christmas dinner. My hubby did all of the cooking. Turned out perfect! So thankful for my dear family and that my brother has his health. Three yrs ago he was in a wheelchair. Now he is walking, working, etc. So much to be thankful for. My grandma is doing well too. Back to the Senior Center for her last week for one day. That mild heart attack has slowed her down some, but not much.

@Brandy, I hope you had a warm coat for that snow weather. My mother in law said it snowed there yesterday. This desert girl has her heavy coat packed. I really do not care for the cold. LOL

Happy New Year Paper Bloggers! If not before, I will catch up with you all in early Jan.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #1774
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Hello ladies ~ I hope you all had a great Christmas , and our upcoming event ~ bringing in the New Year ~ well I hope is is Hally, Healthy and simply Blessed

I have been sick for a week, my girls we re so amazing to stop what they were doing to help me ~ I have slept most of my days away since Christmas, but I * think I am feeling better ....

I hope to get a final post for 2012 up on my blog not sure what will go with it , but I want all of you ladies to know I have grown so fond of each of you and your creative abilities, you all inspire me , make me smile and bring happiness to my hear

Thank you for including me and I truly hope to be more active this year !

I hope these last few days of 2012 are safe so we can all bring the New year in together

hugs wrapped in LOVE

Soni

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #1775
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
We had a white christmas !!!!yes you read it right . first one in here that i can remember
Hope you were able to enjoy it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #1776
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like you've been having a fabulous Christmas celebration. Glad that your Grandma is well and back home. I brought my heavy coat here to CA and am glad I did. It's been cold every day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #1777
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hello ladies ~ I hope you all had a great Christmas , and our upcoming event ~ bringing in the New Year ~ well I hope is is Hally, Healthy and simply Blessed

I have been sick for a week, my girls we re so amazing to stop what they were doing to help me ~ I have slept most of my days away since Christmas, but I * think I am feeling better ....

I hope to get a final post for 2012 up on my blog not sure what will go with it , but I want all of you ladies to know I have grown so fond of each of you and your creative abilities, you all inspire me , make me smile and bring happiness to my hear

Thank you for including me and I truly hope to be more active this year !

I hope these last few days of 2012 are safe so we can all bring the New year in together

hugs wrapped in LOVE

Soni
Sorry you had sickness for Christmas Soni, but glad that you're on the mend. It's been so nice getting to know all the Paper Bloggers and look forward to a healthy, Happy New Year!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #1778
Quacker Stamper

Can't believe it's Friday already and only one more whole day left of my trip to CA. We're going to see The Hobbit today and then doing some touristy things tomorrow. Leave here early Sunday morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year, Ladies!
May 2013 be your Most Creative year ever!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, Ladies
It's 2013! Do you have your Creative Goals set for the year?

My plan is to be published more. So first off:

1) Clean my studio! I'll post pics tomorrow and you'll understand LOL
2) Take part in challenges that promote my work
3) Narrow my focus on what I NEED to do and what I WANT to do. I have to find a balance.
4) Enjoy the process

Anyone else care to share their goals?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #1781
Quacker Stamper

Hi Paper Bloggers. Sorry I didn't check in when I got home. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year! I went to my sis's yesterday for a family gathering and had a nice time, but didn't stay very long. I had to get up at 5:30 this morning for work. Yeah for only 3 days this week, but then it's back to the daily grind.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #1782
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy New Year, Ladies!
May 2013 be your Most Creative year ever!
I hope so Kelly. I really want this to be the year that I get published in a magazine. Gotta fit that in between DT's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #1783
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning, Ladies
It's 2013! Do you have your Creative Goals set for the year?

My plan is to be published more. So first off:

1) Clean my studio! I'll post pics tomorrow and you'll understand LOL
2) Take part in challenges that promote my work
3) Narrow my focus on what I NEED to do and what I WANT to do. I have to find a balance.
4) Enjoy the process

Anyone else care to share their goals?
Those all sound really great! As I said, my goal is to have at least one card published this year. Like you, I need to be more organized and have some kind of schedule for all my different things I want to do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #1784
Stampin' Fool

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season! Mine was fantastic and went by way too quick for me. I love Christmas time. I make up for the people that dread the season. LOL I have been up to Redding, CA & back. My mother in law lives there. We had a wonderful visit with her and other family. My sister-in-laws, my daughter & myself went into "town" to the Michaels store. We bought lots of yarn & crochet hooks and went back to the house & played. I know a basic chain stitch but that is it. My sister in law gave me a fabulous lesson & I am now working on a throw. (While in Redding I completed a very large pot holder - more the size of a trivet) Yes, this paper crafter is trying yarn. LOL No worries, though, Paper crafting is my favorite hobby! My hubby got me all kinds of cool October Afternoon products for Christmas! I am SUPER excited about this. Check out Blue Moon Scrapbooking's online store. They have lots of neat stuff.

I hope 2013 brings all of you much happiness & good health, AND lots of time to craft!!! I for one hope to send you all at least one or two hand made cards this year! This means at all the craft crops I go to I will actually have to craft & not just eat snacks, visit & color. I must complete my cards. ha-ha

This weekend I hope to visit your blogs and get back to my regular schedule of posting & visiting you all here on SCS.

Take care and HAPPY 2013!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #1785
Stampin' Fool

Morning ladies,
I have late happy new years greetings for all of you . @kelly i think i found your head cold. you can have it back LOL. @Maggie, I forgot what you call it when you're your own stampinUp person I think I might like to do that . when i moved, my demo was too far to drive and be there by 9 on a saturday. Not that i didnt enjoy their company, I did and it was fun. I havent found a new one new near me as of yet . oh yeah back to new years. the most important thing I want for you is to have good health. as we get older, it becomes more important . Crafting would be the 2nd thing I would want you to have more of . and of course We could all use more peace,love and blessings in the new year. maybe i should re-arrange the order since each is equally possible to be the most important to you .

Much love and blessings in the new year . happy welcome to 2013
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #1786
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday, ladies!
I'm off to a slow start. I just couldn't seem to get motivated last week. I think I was still enjoying the down time. I mean, I usually have the entire month of December off so I was still short a couple of weeks vacation in my estimation LOL

But I'm back to work today. I hope to get some blog posts up... mostly about plans for 2013... and a pic of the studios. Then I have tomatoes that need turned into sauce before I do anything else today.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #1787
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart PBU Blog Op info

Hey girls!

We are 4 Weeks Away!

I was at WM the other night and noticed they had the Valentine Studio G stuff in. There are some really cute stamps! I bought 2 sets for myself as well as buttons and ribbon. I have enough DP.

I'm going to use my sets for my creations. Then the 2nd set will be my blog candy.

I still have the stuff here for the cumulative blog candy... where I put the names from ALL the blogs comments into a drawing.

Now is the time to think about IF you will be giving away your own Blog Candy and if so, WHAT it will be. You need to have that in place, in an envelope BEFORE the blog hop so all you have to do when you draw a name and get their address is transfer their information to the envelope and drop it in the mail.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #1788
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy Monday, ladies!
I'm off to a slow start. I just couldn't seem to get motivated last week. I think I was still enjoying the down time. I mean, I usually have the entire month of December off so I was still short a couple of weeks vacation in my estimation LOL

But I'm back to work today. I hope to get some blog posts up... mostly about plans for 2013... and a pic of the studios. Then I have tomatoes that need turned into sauce before I do anything else today.
I have a bunch of jars of tomatoes I canned about 2 years ago. I really want to turn them into sauce because I just won't use the whole tomatoes. Do you have a good recipe?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1789
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey girls!

We are 4 Weeks Away!

I was at WM the other night and noticed they had the Valentine Studio G stuff in. There are some really cute stamps! I bought 2 sets for myself as well as buttons and ribbon. I have enough DP.

I'm going to use my sets for my creations. Then the 2nd set will be my blog candy.

I still have the stuff here for the cumulative blog candy... where I put the names from ALL the blogs comments into a drawing.

Now is the time to think about IF you will be giving away your own Blog Candy and if so, WHAT it will be. You need to have that in place, in an envelope BEFORE the blog hop so all you have to do when you draw a name and get their address is transfer their information to the envelope and drop it in the mail.
Guess I'll have to think about that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #1790
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have a bunch of jars of tomatoes I canned about 2 years ago. I really want to turn them into sauce because I just won't use the whole tomatoes. Do you have a good recipe?
If you have a canning book, they will have good recipes.

Or you can buy Spaghetti Sauce packets (where the packaged gravys and stuff are at) and add them to your sauce... figure 1 pg per 2 qts of sauce I think.

If you mush the hot tomatoes through a food mill, you won't get the seeds in your sauce like you will if you run them through a food processor.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #1791
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
If you have a canning book, they will have good recipes.

Or you can buy Spaghetti Sauce packets (where the packaged gravys and stuff are at) and add them to your sauce... figure 1 pg per 2 qts of sauce I think.

If you mush the hot tomatoes through a food mill, you won't get the seeds in your sauce like you will if you run them through a food processor.
Thanks for the tips Kelly.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #1792
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season! Mine was fantastic and went by way too quick for me. I love Christmas time. I make up for the people that dread the season. LOL I have been up to Redding, CA & back. My mother in law lives there. We had a wonderful visit with her and other family. My sister-in-laws, my daughter & myself went into "town" to the Michaels store. We bought lots of yarn & crochet hooks and went back to the house & played. I know a basic chain stitch but that is it. My sister in law gave me a fabulous lesson & I am now working on a throw. (While in Redding I completed a very large pot holder - more the size of a trivet) Yes, this paper crafter is trying yarn. LOL No worries, though, Paper crafting is my favorite hobby! My hubby got me all kinds of cool October Afternoon products for Christmas! I am SUPER excited about this. Check out Blue Moon Scrapbooking's online store. They have lots of neat stuff.

I hope 2013 brings all of you much happiness & good health, AND lots of time to craft!!! I for one hope to send you all at least one or two hand made cards this year! This means at all the craft crops I go to I will actually have to craft & not just eat snacks, visit & color. I must complete my cards. ha-ha

This weekend I hope to visit your blogs and get back to my regular schedule of posting & visiting you all here on SCS.

Take care and HAPPY 2013!!!!!!
Brenda, sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I used to love knitting and crocheting all other needlework, but with working full time there's only time for one hobby right now and that's paper crafting.

I received your adorable card. Love all the layers and textures. Thanks for thinking of me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #1793
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning ladies,
I have late happy new years greetings for all of you . @kelly i think i found your head cold. you can have it back LOL. @Maggie, I forgot what you call it when you're your own stampinUp person I think I might like to do that . when i moved, my demo was too far to drive and be there by 9 on a saturday. Not that i didnt enjoy their company, I did and it was fun. I havent found a new one new near me as of yet . oh yeah back to new years. the most important thing I want for you is to have good health. as we get older, it becomes more important . Crafting would be the 2nd thing I would want you to have more of . and of course We could all use more peace,love and blessings in the new year. maybe i should re-arrange the order since each is equally possible to be the most important to you .

Much love and blessings in the new year . happy welcome to 2013
That would be a Hobby Demo. That's me again, but not sure for how long. I sure can't afford $100 a month ($300 per quarter) and buy stuff from other companies. I do have a couple people that buy things from me, but not really enough.

Yes, health is very important or else we can't do all the other things that we want to do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #1794
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey girls!

We are 4 Weeks Away!

I'm sorry, but I haven't really thought about this for awhile. Are we doing a Valentine's theme? We're doing just a one-time blog hop? I'll have to figure out what to do for blog candy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #1795
Quacker Stamper

I have a heavy heart today. I had to have one of my fur babies (Reggie) put to sleep today. I had her to the vet the other day and she had fluid in her abdomen and very low blood pressure. They sent a sample off to the lab and the results came back this morning. It was carcinoma in her liver or in her intestines. I came home from work and spent some time with her listening to her purr and then took her in. It was very peaceful. There was no other choice, no treatment, no cure.

I swear though as I was driving back to my house afterwards, as I approached my driveway, I distinctly heard a cat's meow. I know it was her saying goodbye for now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1796
Stampin' Fool

Heart

sorry for your loss Maggie. its tough to lose a furbaby

Quote:
I have a heavy heart today. I had to have one of my fur babies (Reggie) put to sleep today. I had her to the vet the other day and she had fluid in her abdomen and very low blood pressure. They sent a sample off to the lab and the results came back this morning. It was carcinoma in her liver or in her intestines. I came home from work and spent some time with her listening to her purr and then took her in. It was very peaceful. There was no other choice, no treatment, no cure.

I swear though as I was driving back to my house afterwards, as I approached my driveway, I distinctly heard a cat's meow. I know it was her saying goodbye for now.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #1797
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Huge hugs Maggie! I truly know how it is to lose a fur baby! I had gotten a cold January 2010, and my little Max got it, I had to lease for work on Wednesday, came home on Saturday Clint said he was still sniffy and sneezing. We planned on going to the vet on Monday, he passed away Sunday morning. After being very cuddly with my all night.

I am still baby sitting Mia, she has been here now since September. The owner paid me to go get her fixed since I have 2 of her older brothers.
She is still kinda bald bellied.. feels so weird, she has like a sable fur then nothing! The Vet really liked her coat, i told him thet her brothers are the same way but not the mom. They must get it from Grand Parents... Lord only know s who the father is of any of the cats up there. LOL

Mom is a brown, orange calico, My little Wilbur is Orange and White, Spook is 100% white and Mia is 100% Black
all 3 of these are the only ones from her litters not took like mom.

Tommy kitty came home today, he's been gone almost a week. Living out here in the woods, with all the owls, hawks and Eagles, I always figure they are gone if they do not come in at bedtime.

We tried hard to make Mia stay an inside kitty, since she will go back to Minneapolis when they find a place (if they ever do)
Little turd would sneak out through the cold air returns in the closets. So we gave up and let her out with everyone else.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Very sorry about your kitty Maggie! Sending {{{HUGS}}}
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #1799
Rubber Obsessor

So sorry to hear about your little kitty. Big hugs to you.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #1800
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
sorry for your loss Maggie. its tough to lose a furbaby
Thank you Brandy. Yes, it always is.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts