Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #1241
Quacker Stamper

Hi Paper Bloggers. Got up and out to the grocery store first thing this morning. Now that I'm home, I've got everything put away. On to the laundry and house cleaning before I can get into the stamp room. My dd and family are coming over for dinner tomorrow night, so I need to have it all presentable.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #1242
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hello Everyone! Quick question.....I posted replies to all who commented on my Disney Friends blog post. Did you receive the reply in your e-mail or do you have to check my blog to see what I wrote you back. This end of my blog confuses me. Also I am thinking of going to a label list of posts on my sidebar. That way if someone wants a particular topic it is easily found. Since I combine crafts and Disney I thought that this might help those following me find what they want. What do you all think?
Found two great stamps today! One was at a used store and it is from Visions of Ink. Anyone remember that company? I love their line and wish I would of bought all of it as they are no longer in business. I also bought an adorable Halloween gal by Stamendous. I will be at a scrap club on Sun afternoon. It's a scrap club but I always stamp at it. Too much work to haul my scrap stuff for a few hours. I am still busy with the 50th bday album for my friend. I am not making as much progress as I would like. I have been trying to stop by your blogs at least once a week if not more. Take care- Happy Weekend!!!!!
Not sure about a label list on my blog, but I put labels on each of my blogposts so if people do a search for something, they can find it that way.

I don't think I ever heard of Visions of Ink. Glad you were able to find some fun things to play with. Have a great time at the scrap club.

I think I need to get around and visit a bunch of blogs.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #1243
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Labels are a MUST if you want to attract outsiders to your blog. The labels are what helps bring your blog to the forefront on Google searches. So if someone is searching for Stampendous, if you've posted a project using that and put Stampendous in as a label, then somewhere in the google search, your blog should come up. Depending on how close to the google search you made that post (date wise) will determine where in the search you come up.

As to replies to comments, the only way we'll see if you replied to one of our posts is if we 'subscribe' to have those notifications sent to our email. Otherwise it's up to us to just check back if we've left a question for you.
That is what I usually do as I have enough email coming into my box. LOL.

I get replies into my e-mail box when I've left a comment and the person replies to it without subscribing to their blog. On my comments, there is a "reply" and a "delete" and if I reply to someone's post, then it goes to their e-mail.

I'd not heard of Visions of Ink. I bought a new Halloween stamp and 4 spools of ribbon from Studio G at WM yesterday. the stamp set has a crow, witch legs (from about the knee down to the shoes) and a witch's hat. And yeah, I needed more ribbon - NOT LOL
That's how things have worked with my blog anyway.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #1244
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's how things have worked with my blog anyway.
Maggie, Hi! Thanks for the info. You all have been such a help to me with all the questions that I have had. I hope you got some crafting time in this weekend. The Scrap Club was fun today. A Close To My Heart consultant holds it at her clubhouse once a month. It is so nice because we can bring whatever we want to work on (it does not have to be CTMH) and she always has a card or layout for us to make. Today there were three different things to make (a treat bag, box and a card). She had a guest consultant with her today so there were more things we could make. Unfortunately I had to leave prior to the card but I did get to make the box and treat bag. I will post pics on my blog this week. Take care & thanks again.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #1245
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies

Teapot Tuesday card (last week's) is on my blog. I need to see what to show you tomorrow and I'm going to set the Thur and Fri posts to run on auto as we're to have ran in here... which means no internet.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #1246
Insane Embellisher

Hi guys, hope all is well! We weathered the storm just fine, no damage, just lots of rain! I had spotty internyesterday past couple of days but it seems to have stabilized now. Sunday night we had a hurricane party with our neighbors from our old house. They were a young, engaged couple when they moved in next door to us 15 years ago. They now have two boys that I took care of as babies and toddlers, so we are very close. The oldest just started middle school and my baby is in third grade! It was so nice to spend time with them and we were all teary-eyed when we said goodbye.

We have a busy week ahead getting my daughter ready to leave for her sophomore year in college, she and my husband are flying up on Sunday. Yesterday she had a dentist appointment and guess what, 20 years old and has never had a cavity! I got my first cavity at 16, so I guess she has genetically gifted teeth, lol! Unfortunately, I have had very little time for crafting these past few weeks but that will change once my daughter is back in Boston.

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #1247
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
Hi guys, hope all is well! We weathered the storm just fine, no damage, just lots of rain! I had spotty internyesterday past couple of days but it seems to have stabilized now. Sunday night we had a hurricane party with our neighbors from our old house. They were a young, engaged couple when they moved in next door to us 15 years ago. They now have two boys that I took care of as babies and toddlers, so we are very close. The oldest just started middle school and my baby is in third grade! It was so nice to spend time with them and we were all teary-eyed when we said goodbye.

We have a busy week ahead getting my daughter ready to leave for her sophomore year in college, she and my husband are flying up on Sunday. Yesterday she had a dentist appointment and guess what, 20 years old and has never had a cavity! I got my first cavity at 16, so I guess she has genetically gifted teeth, lol! Unfortunately, I have had very little time for crafting these past few weeks but that will change once my daughter is back in Boston.

Glad everything is nothing more than wet there. I fear some areas won't be as lucky once the skies clear.

I checked out your new blog yesterday. Very nice
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #1248
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll have my blog updated this afternoon. I have one project in the drying stages downstairs for tomorrow's post. Want to only take the memory card out of the camera once and have everything ready to go at one time.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #1249
Quacker Stamper

Hi everyone. Just checking in for the day. I just went around and visited all the blogs. Sorry I don't make it around more often.

Lots of busyness going on for most with school starting up again and kids going off to college. Talked to my oldest DD in CA yesterday and they sent their oldest back to school this week also. She really misses her, but she still has one at home who will keep her plenty busy.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #1250
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'll have my blog updated this afternoon. I have one project in the drying stages downstairs for tomorrow's post. Want to only take the memory card out of the camera once and have everything ready to go at one time.
I think your strawberry milkshake card is so totally cute. I'm sure the young boy will just love it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #1251
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post

My DGD is just starting her sophomore year of college also.

Happy to hear that you didn't get any storm damage from the storms that you had. How far away from your old neighborhood are you? Sounds like you had a fun time with old friends.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #1252
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Maggie, Hi! Thanks for the info. You all have been such a help to me with all the questions that I have had. I hope you got some crafting time in this weekend. The Scrap Club was fun today. A Close To My Heart consultant holds it at her clubhouse once a month. It is so nice because we can bring whatever we want to work on (it does not have to be CTMH) and she always has a card or layout for us to make. Today there were three different things to make (a treat bag, box and a card). She had a guest consultant with her today so there were more things we could make. Unfortunately I had to leave prior to the card but I did get to make the box and treat bag. I will post pics on my blog this week. Take care & thanks again.
Patiently waiting to see pics of the treat bag and box that you made at your Scrap Club.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts

Last edited by mschoener; 08-29-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #1253
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think your strawberry milkshake card is so totally cute. I'm sure the young boy will just love it.
Thanks Maggie. The front of the card is kind of plain but the shake needed to be with the punch line
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #1254
Stazon Splitcoast

So you all know, I didn't get the Recycle Wed. post up yesterday. I was too focused on getting short stories written and polished that needed mailed today for competition. After I go to the post office I'm heading out of town for some shopping before the edges of Isaac move in here for the weekend. If the cats weren't out of food, I'd gladly stay home and play. So there will be bonus posts this weekend.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #1255
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Hello ladies, how are each of you... Life is busy here, still dealing with a special loved on in the hospital here, three weeks today...

I did get an up date on my blog, after I did a little scrap booking I hope you all can check that out...
I am on my way to go check in on our blogs , and see what has been keeping you all busy...

I have had two days at home, with nothing scheduled... Those are great days to rest, and catch up on here...

Hope you all are safe, happy and healthy...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1256
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hello ladies, how are each of you... Life is busy here, still dealing with a special loved on in the hospital here, three weeks today...

I did get an up date on my blog, after I did a little scrap booking I hope you all can check that out...
I am on my way to go check in on our blogs , and see what has been keeping you all busy...

I have had two days at home, with nothing scheduled... Those are great days to rest, and catch up on here...

Hope you all are safe, happy and healthy...
Bummer, It's now letting me leave my comment on your blog. I'll have to try later. The layout is fabulous and Faith is just the cutest little girl.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #1257
Mini Quack

Quote:
Bummer, It's now letting me leave my comment on your blog. I'll have to try later. The layout is fabulous and Faith is just the cutest little girl.
really let me go look and see if I can see why I see where Shell left a comment and I replied... thanks Maggie

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-31-2012, 05:26 AM   #1258
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
really let me go look and see if I can see why I see where Shell left a comment and I replied... thanks Maggie
I was finally able to leave my comment. I had trouble with my blog yesterday. It disappeared!!!!! I had to figure out how to get it back. They said that there had been some unusual activity on my blog. I did have a large amount of comments on the 27th, but I don't think that's unusual. Anyway, everything is okay now. I did have some people say they tried to go to my blog and were told the same thing - it didn't exist.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #1259
Mini Quack

wowzers Maggie, that would be scary... So glad it is back up and all is good

I have not made my rounds as often as I like, but I am hoping to get back her a little more regular...

it seems my mind is over loaded so not much creativeness happening, I think that is why I tried " scrapping " for a change...I am so blessed to be able to go from one to the other so easily

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #1260
Mini Quack

ok ladies I made the rounds, I think I stopped at everyones blog...if not, I will soon...

It is a hot day here with lots of sunshine... before the rain finds us tomorrow...
I hope you all have a blessed day...

off to my study and prayer time ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #1261
Crimping Master

Cool happy long weekend

Just stopping by to say hi and let you know i'll stop by and visit y'all later. I havent done a challenge in a few weeks. it was starting to stress me rather than be something I love to do. so i stepped back. i'll get back to it again.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #1262
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Hello Friends! Long time no pop in

I hope you all are doing well! I'm looking forward to a nice, long weekend with my family. What are you guys up to?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #1263
Quacker Stamper

Hi Jackie! Glad to see you back again - stamping and blogging!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #1264
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
Just stopping by to say hi and let you know i'll stop by and visit y'all later. I havent done a challenge in a few weeks. it was starting to stress me rather than be something I love to do. so i stepped back. i'll get back to it again.
You certainly shouldn't let it stress you out and you don't have to do every single challenge there is. I don't always get to do the ones that I'd like to do. There aren't enough hours in the day, but I try to do something every day. That doesn't always happen either. Life happens and there are other things that need to be tended to. Hope to see you back soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #1265
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
ok ladies I made the rounds, I think I stopped at everyones blog...if not, I will soon...

It is a hot day here with lots of sunshine... before the rain finds us tomorrow...
I hope you all have a blessed day...

off to my study and prayer time ...
Finally was able to get my comment to go through. Such an adorable little girl and such a great layout!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #1266
Quacker Stamper

Well, I went ahead and did it again! I signed up to retake the Copic Intermediate Certification class! I know! I just took it a couple months ago, but Colleen is coming to Houston this time and I think she is so fabulous as a teacher and a great teacher. I wasn't going to sign up; I thought I should like those who have not taken it get to sign up first, but Colleen posted on FB that I should go ahead and do it, so I did. It's not until the first weekend in November.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #1267
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Maggie! How are you? That class sounds fun....I only have a couple of those markers though so it would be pointless for me to do anything like that
Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #1268
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Hey Maggie! How are you? That class sounds fun....I only have a couple of those markers though so it would be pointless for me to do anything like that
Jackie!!!!!

We have missed you sweetie. So glad you got back in here. Everything okay?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #1269
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
Don't worry about challenges, sweetie. Just jump in and get your fingers dirty. Play and then show us what you did. That's all it needs to be about. It doesn't even have to be about scrapping/ stamping. Show us a dessert or something you've made.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #1270
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
I'm doing great!

LOL! I understand. I love my Copic markers. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the Sketch ones and a few of the other kind. Even though I have other forms of medium to play with, they are the ones I go for most often.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #1271
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Don't worry about challenges, sweetie. Just jump in and get your fingers dirty. Play and then show us what you did. That's all it needs to be about. It doesn't even have to be about scrapping/ stamping. Show us a dessert or something you've made.
Oh, but if you make dessert and it's chocolate, you need to send me some!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #1272
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Jackie!!!!!

We have missed you sweetie. So glad you got back in here. Everything okay?
Hi Kelly! Things are getting back to normal & I'm just taking it day by day....that's all I can do right
Old 09-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #1273
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #1274
Quacker Stamper

Well, it's not morning anymore. Hope all the Paper Bloggers are doing well and enjoying your weekend. Hoping to get to the stamping room in a little while.

I need to put some things in the washer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #1275
Stazon Splitcoast

Letting you guys now I do have a new project on my blog. It's my mixed media entry for the Sweethaven challenge. I'm hoping to get the rest of the week's posts set to auto. The projects are made.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #1276
Mini Quack

Quote:
Oh, but if you make dessert and it's chocolate, you need to send me some!
Ali made chocolate peanut butter fudge : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #1277
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Letting you guys now I do have a new project on my blog. It's my mixed media entry for the Sweethaven challenge. I'm hoping to get the rest of the week's posts set to auto. The projects are made.
Left you some love Kelly on both new projects. Your mixed media is just fabulous!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #1278
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Ali made chocolate peanut butter fudge : )
And I think she should send me some.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #1279
Quacker Stamper

Not sure if all of you are on FB or not and friends with Michelle, but she posted some news on there last week that she hasn't shared on here yet, but it's really GREAT news for her! I guess I should let her come here and tell it herself.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #1280
Mini Quack

Quote:
Well, I went ahead and did it again! I signed up to retake the Copic Intermediate Certification class! I know! I just took it a couple months ago, but Colleen is coming to Houston this time and I think she is so fabulous as a teacher and a great teacher. I wasn't going to sign up; I thought I should like those who have not taken it get to sign up first, but Colleen posted on FB that I should go ahead and do it, so I did. It's not until the first weekend in November.
that is awesome Maggie

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery