Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4912Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #2241
Crimping Master

morning y'all
woke up with a rash. too much pattycakes in my lap. im allergic to dogs and shes been a lap dog all day the last couple of days. i told her last nite my lap was tired LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #2242
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Brenda, what kind of canon printer did you get! I have a canon photo printer too. It is a Pixma Pro It prints huge prints! Bigger than I will ever need but it prints beautiful prints. So perfect for scrapping!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #2243
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Brenda, what kind of canon printer did you get! I have a canon photo printer too. It is a Pixma Pro It prints huge prints! Bigger than I will ever need but it prints beautiful prints. So perfect for scrapping!
i have a canon pixma 2 (as in also, not model #). its not for photos. its cheap and its refills are cheap too
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #2244
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi all!
Just wanted to pop over and say hello. After the 7th I should be back to as normal as possible. I'm still pretty tired and we are waiting on the results of a biopsy yet, but the doctor feels all should be good. My hemoglobin remains low, but we may do an iron infusion to help with that. Its hard to keep those positive thoughts after my past 2 tears, but I sure hope he is correct because,I'm truly sick of being sick.

My resolution for the new year is to be happy and healthy! And I'm taking the 100 challenge here on SCS. So that me I should be blogging at least once a week for about 3 months!

Will catch up with you all this week!

Happy New Year!
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #2245
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I hope you are better, and not sick anymore! Look forward to seeing you more.

I will be on more after January, maybe. We moved Mom to a home plus, and I am now dealing with her apartment and furniture, etc. Have to clean and have a sale and then clear out the apartment by the 11th.

Maggie, question: On your Blog you talk about a challenge that lasts three weeks, but I couldn't find a link to it. Can you help me? Remember, I am electronically challenged.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
Old 12-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #2246
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Joyce, I hope your biopsy results are good. It can be nerve racking waiting. I hope the iron infusion helps too. My dad has had to have iron infusions before. They never did figure out why his iron would get so low. It is no fun dealing with health issues and being sick.

Canon had many printers that are in the Pixma family. Mine is strictly a photo printer. Which is what I wanted.

Sharon, I hope the apartment cleaning out goes well. That is a lot of work.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #2247
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning!

Joyce, I hope your biopsy results are good. It can be nerve racking waiting. I hope the iron infusion helps too. My dad has had to have iron infusions before. They never did figure out why his iron would get so low. It is no fun dealing with health issues and being sick.

Canon had many printers that are in the Pixma family. Mine is strictly a photo printer. Which is what I wanted.

Sharon, I hope the apartment cleaning out goes well. That is a lot of work.
glad its what you wanted
Old 12-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #2248
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi all!
Just wanted to pop over and say hello. After the 7th I should be back to as normal as possible. I'm still pretty tired and we are waiting on the results of a biopsy yet, but the doctor feels all should be good. My hemoglobin remains low, but we may do an iron infusion to help with that. Its hard to keep those positive thoughts after my past 2 tears, but I sure hope he is correct because,I'm truly sick of being sick.

My resolution for the new year is to be happy and healthy! And I'm taking the 100 challenge here on SCS. So that me I should be blogging at least once a week for about 3 months!

Happy New Year!
love hearing from you. hope your results are good. looking forward to seeing your challenge entries
Old 12-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #2249
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Joyce, I hope you are better, and not sick anymore! Look forward to seeing you more.

I will be on more after January, maybe. We moved Mom to a home plus, and I am now dealing with her apartment and furniture, etc. Have to clean and have a sale and then clear out the apartment by the 11th.

Maggie, question: On your Blog you talk about a challenge that lasts three weeks, but I couldn't find a link to it. Can you help me? Remember, I am electronically challenged.
glad is mom is all settled. dealing with all the stuff when they go into a home is alot. i remember when DAD went into the home. its not easy. lots of hugs <3
smadson likes this post.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #2250
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hello everyone! Maggie, glad to hear that you are having a good time!

How was Christmas for everyone? Ours was wonderful and now we are preparing to head to Northern CA on Sat. We will be there Sat - Wed. Christmas all over again with my mother in law.

I got a new photo printer for Christmas. I am VERY excited about this! Mine is nine years old and is, well, OLD! LOL I do not plan on hooking the new one up until I return from my trip. It is very big and I am not quite sure where I am putting it. It will print bigger than I need. LOL I wanted one that prints 12 x 12 and DH said this one prints larger. He is very excited to use it too. It is a Cannon.

That's it for now. I am off to sleep...exhausted...still so much to do before I leave. Hope all of you are good!
have a great 2nd xmas with your MIL
Old 12-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #2251
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
morning y'all
woke up with a rash. too much pattycakes in my lap. im allergic to dogs and shes been a lap dog all day the last couple of days. i told her last nite my lap was tired LOL
rash is getting better. rph said double up on my allegra for a few days.like brenda I have allergies to almost everything
Old 12-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #2252
Crimping Master

looks like y'all are busy. went to hl 1/2 off stampabilities& paper studio sale. only bought 3 items that were more than 2.50. total still came out to 65.00. its not like i bought that much. i decided i could get some more in 3 months when they have the sale again
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #2253
Crimping Master

mornin
hope y'all have a good sunday
Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #2254
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Crafting When We Can
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #2255
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Hello!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #2256
Crimping Master

JCI installing shelving amongst other stuff.break for lunch ttyl
Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2257
Quacker Stamper

B
Quote:
I am glad you made it safe Maggie. I can't believe you just got done with Christmas and now you have you prepare for a wedding. I bet your DD will be glad when it is all said and done! Manicures sound like a fun way to spend today. A great way to relax!
It's been a crazy hectic couple of days. Today is just a chillin' day. Nothing planned except rest. Friday some of us went to a special pre-wedding ceremony for my DGD at the Newport Beach Temple. Later we went for the family dinner to Lucille's BBQ. Yummy, it was sooooo good and we were able to bring the leftovers home and had them for lunch today. All of both families were invited to the dinner, not just the wedding party. This family is all about the food and mostly the desserts!

Yesterday began at 6 a.m. when the lady came who was fixing Emily's hair and her makeup. It took her almost 2 1/2 hours to get that all done, but Emily's hair is very long and curly, so had to be straightened before it got curled. We had to be down in San Diego by 10:30 for the Sealing Ceremony at the San Diego Temple. It is so beautiful. I'll share a couple photos. After the ceremony, we took tons of photos and didn't get to leave there until about 1:30 and had to be back up home by 3 to check on everything at the Country Club where the reception was going to be. It is over an hours drive in good traffic. I must say that my DD and SIL did a fabulous job with everything. It was all just perfect. The food again was fabulous and the young people had a great time dancing. We were done (or done in) by 8:45 and then we sent off the happy couple with an archway of large sparklers! Oh, it was so so cold outside (in the 40's) while we were out there waiting and they had trouble getting the sparklers to stay lit. Then there was some packing up to do before we got to leave. By the time we got home we were all just wanting to go to bed to get warm and get some sleep.

The newlyweds stopped back over earlier today to open their gifts and pick up some things that they needed for the honeymoon. They are going to Arizona to a cabin owned by a family friend. Then they go to Phoenix for the 2nd reception up there for the groom's family and friends. After that, they head back to school.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 105.jpg (112.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 113.jpg (47.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 158.jpg (33.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 155.jpg (62.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 196.jpg (65.5 KB, 5 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
hpyscrpr2, ashjoy and smadson like this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #2258
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi all!

Happy New Year!
Get well soon Joyce. I hope this is the last for you and all will be well and you can be healthy and happy in the New Year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #2259
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post

Both my DT challenges are lasting until into January. One Stitch at a Time lasts until January 11. One Stitch At A Time

The other one Creative Card Crew lasts until January 13. Creative Card Crew
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #2260
Quacker Stamper

I can't believe my time here is almost over. I head home tomorrow afternoon. My flight is at 2:20 and I get to Houston about 7:30 so I won't get home for another hour after that. I'm ready to be back home to my kitties and all my own stuff. So glad that I had 2 days still off when I get back.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #2261
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, it sounds like it was nice wedding! The sparklers sound really cool. I am glad you are enjoying your trip!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #2262
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies!
I'm crawling out from under the chaos to wish you all a Happy New Year! Yes, I'm early but I missed Christmas. LOL Thank you to everyone who sent cards. I just couldn't get there this year.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #2263
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi all!

Happy New Year!
Good to hear, Joyce!
I should be back in production by then as well.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #2264
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey ladies!
I'm crawling out from under the chaos to wish you all a Happy New Year! Yes, I'm early but I missed Christmas. LOL Thank you to everyone who sent cards. I just couldn't get there this year.
dont feel bad im there with ya. sad thing is i have been making em all year !
Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #2265
Stazon Splitcoast

Love that you had a great time Maggie & the pics are nice too! TFS

I bet you'll be happy to be home again & hopefully get some rest before going back to work! Travel safely
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #2266
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Love that you had a great time Maggie & the pics are nice too! TFS

I bet you'll be happy to be home again & hopefully get some rest before going back to work! Travel safely
Thanks Jackie!

I will be happy to get home as much as I've loved to spend time with my family. We went to Bruxie's tonight for dinner and I was still so stuffed from eating BBQ leftovers at lunchtime today that I could only eat some salad. If you don't know Bruxie's, they have Waffle sandwiches and they are soooooo yummy! I feel like I'm going to explode. There has been so much food and so many different desserts in this house. I probably gained at least 5 pounds while I've been here. Seriously have to start working out again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
hpyscrpr2 likes this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #2267
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thanks Jackie!

I will be happy to get home as much as I've loved to spend time with my family. We went to Bruxie's tonight for dinner and I was still so stuffed from eating BBQ leftovers at lunchtime today that I could only eat some salad. If you don't know Bruxie's, they have Waffle sandwiches and they are soooooo yummy! I feel like I'm going to explode. There has been so much food and so many different desserts in this house. I probably gained at least 5 pounds while I've been here. Seriously have to start working out again.
its a once in a lifetime event. all those foods are calorie free LOL
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #2268
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hi! I am not sure what model printer I got. LOL DH researched it and it will print larger than what I will ever use I do know it is strictly a photo printer. I am still out of town....once I get home I will let you know what model. I didn't even get to take it out of the box because of our trip.

All is going well up here in Redding, CA. Today we had a baby shower for a niece and tomorrow will be Christmas morning for us here the grand finale of the season! I'm exhausted but enjoying my visit my mother in law is great as are the other ten that are up here visiting. Some our at a hotel, some have a motor home parked in the driveway, etc. My DD is loving it all! Hubby has a terrible head cold

Good to hear from all of you on the thread. Joyce I am thinking good thoughts for you. Sharon I hope all is going well with your mom. Brandy is the rash gone?
Maggie...you sound like you are having a good trip filled with delicious eats! Same here...jeans are feeling snug today. LOL so many good treats but not a cookie in sight. Ha ha. All cakes and candy and nuts.

Kelly good to see you back on the thread .
Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #2269
Crimping Master

Just tried to edit last post and correct a few typos and couldn't
Old 12-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #2270
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
B
It's been a crazy hectic couple of days. Today is just a chillin' day. Nothing planned except rest. Friday some of us went to a special pre-wedding ceremony for my DGD at the Newport Beach Temple. Later we went for the family dinner to Lucille's BBQ. Yummy, it was sooooo good and we were able to bring the leftovers home and had them for lunch today. All of both families were invited to the dinner, not just the wedding party. This family is all about the food and mostly the desserts!

Yesterday began at 6 a.m. when the lady came who was fixing Emily's hair and her makeup. It took her almost 2 1/2 hours to get that all done, but Emily's hair is very long and curly, so had to be straightened before it got curled. We had to be down in San Diego by 10:30 for the Sealing Ceremony at the San Diego Temple. It is so beautiful. I'll share a couple photos. After the ceremony, we took tons of photos and didn't get to leave there until about 1:30 and had to be back up home by 3 to check on everything at the Country Club where the reception was going to be. It is over an hours drive in good traffic. I must say that my DD and SIL did a fabulous job with everything. It was all just perfect. The food again was fabulous and the young people had a great time dancing. We were done (or done in) by 8:45 and then we sent off the happy couple with an archway of large sparklers! Oh, it was so so cold outside (in the 40's) while we were out there waiting and they had trouble getting the sparklers to stay lit. Then there was some packing up to do before we got to leave. By the time we got home we were all just wanting to go to bed to get warm and get some sleep.

The newlyweds stopped back over earlier today to open their gifts and pick up some things that they needed for the honeymoon. They are going to Arizona to a cabin owned by a family friend. Then they go to Phoenix for the 2nd reception up there for the groom's family and friends. After that, they head back to school.
Wonderful pictures Maggie! The temple is gorgeous! We have driven by it on our trips to San Diego. Just beautiful! Safe travels home!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #2271
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey ladies!
Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #2272
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hello!
Hello Jackie! Hope all is well with you.

Does anyone do anything special for New Years Eve? We will still be up here in CA so no special plans.

I'm off to sleep. Missed our thread so glad I got to check in.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #2273
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning!
Got the Vegas Starbucks mug for you. It is too cute and cool looking ... I love it! You must have it for your collection! I hope to get it to Tucson in one piece and send it out to you. Have I mentioned that you need this mug! LoL DH is the one who spotted it.
mschoener, hpyscrpr2 and nhagen like this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #2274
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Does anyone do anything special for New Years Eve? We will still be up here in CA so no special plans.

I was invited to a party & I'm going especially since I get to spend the night! I love that when my gf built her home, she gave me a bedroom lol!!! Makes the slightly more than 2 hour drive worth it especially since she's one of my downline so we also play/stamp together
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, ashjoy and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #2275
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hi! I am not sure what model printer I got. LOL DH researched it and it will print larger than what I will ever use I do know it is strictly a photo printer. I am still out of town....once I get home I will let you know what model. I didn't even get to take it out of the box because of our trip.

All is going well up here in Redding, CA. Today we had a baby shower for a niece and tomorrow will be Christmas morning for us here the grand finale of the season! I'm exhausted but enjoying my visit my mother in law is great as are the other ten that are up here visiting. Some our at a hotel, some have a motor home parked in the driveway, etc. My DD is loving it all! Hubby has a terrible head cold

Good to hear from all of you on the thread. Joyce I am thinking good thoughts for you. Sharon I hope all is going well with your mom. Brandy is the rash gone?
Maggie...you sound like you are having a good trip filled with delicious eats! Same here...jeans are feeling snug today. LOL so many good treats but not a cookie in sight. Ha ha. All cakes and candy and nuts.

Kelly good to see you back on the thread .
glad you're having fun. only scratch marks left now. thanks for asking
Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #2276
Crimping Master

Quote:
I was invited to a party & I'm going especially since I get to spend the night! I love that when my gf built her home, she gave me a bedroom lol!!! Makes the slightly more than 2 hour drive worth it especially since she's one of my downline so we also play/stamp together
sounds like fun. thats cool. your own bedroom
Old 12-30-2013, 04:05 AM   #2277
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Maggie, what a lovely wedding! The young ones getting married today look to young to be getting married! Kind of like college kids looking like they are 12! The temple is stunning. I have to say living in PA we do not have any buildings quite so beautiful, although we do have sone very historic ones.

I didn't get cards sent out this year either, so last night I addressed envelopes for birthday cards and have them in order on my desk so I can work on them ahead. That's the plan anyway.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #2278
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Got the Vegas Starbucks mug for you. It is too cute and cool looking ... I love it! You must have it for your collection! I hope to get it to Tucson in one piece and send it out to you. Have I mentioned that you need this mug! LoL DH is the one who spotted it.
Thank you! You guys are too sweet. I did get your text but I was ice skating with DD and it was an hour later when I replied. You are right, I do need that mug! LOL

DH did get me a San Antonio mug right before Christmas and my GF in CA sent me a CA mug. She had to go to 4 Starbucks! I don't know why I never asked her to send me one before. Duh. She couldn't find San Francisco.

I am drinking out of a Chicago mug this morning!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #2279
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

No special,plans on New Year's Eve. New Year's Day is DH's birthday and we always go out for dinner.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #2280
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Bob leaves for the boat Tuesday morning. I plan to purge email most of the day. A local restaurant is having a cajun buffet. Then I'll come home and play on the computer while enjoying a bottle of Champagne. Okay.. maybe not the whole bottle

I'm spending this week 'catching up' so I can start with a clean slate on Jan. 6th.
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.