Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4912Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #2201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
didnt know SU made envelope glue. never heard of envelope glue till you said it. might need to look into getting some
They did at one point, but I don't see it in their catalog anymore, so I guess they discontinued it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #2202
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi gals! Quiet on here.....must be a busy day for all of us. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. I shopped til I dropped tonight
I ended up NOT going to the mall yesterday. It took 3 1/2 hours at the Quick Lube at my car dealership to get my service done. I figured it would be no later than 9 since I got there at 7:15. About 9 the tech came to tell me that I really should have the collant flushed and the back brakes needed to be cleaned which would take another 45 minutes. Since I was there I told him to go ahead and do it. Then at 10 he tells me it's going to be another 25 min. so I didn't get out of there until after 10:30. I needed to be back to my house by 11:30 because my DD was bringing me some Gift Cards I needed that I had purchased through the High School. It's a fundraising thing for my DGD. Some of them were for Christmas so I needed them yesterday. She was coming over this was to drop off their dog with my great niece who is dog sitting while they are in CA for Christmas and the wedding.

I did get out to the grocery store after my DD left and went by Academy to get a GC for my SIL. That is all he wanted - from there and Bass Pro Shops which I DD in CA got for him. The weather said there was a lull in the rain, so I thought I could get out and done before it started up again. NOT! It was okay until I was done with the groceries and then I was glad I had my umbrella even though I still got pretty wet getting the groceries into the car.

After I got home I figured that I better get started figuring out what I was taking which lead to my purging my closet of summery things and getting everything else organized. That took some time but I was able to pull out the tops that I want to take.

Last night after I ate some dinner I worked on getting all the GC's packaged. I had gotten some little envelopes from Ellen Hutson and also remembered that I have the Christmas Card Cricut cartridge that will make all kinds of cards and envelopes, so I cut out some with that. They are now all packaged and labeled.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #2203
Quacker Stamper

I also ended up with a bum right knee yesterday afternoon while I was closet cleaning. I took some hangers out to the garage to take back to the laundry and as I turned to come back in, I tripped on the little step up from the garage to the laundry room and fell and landed on my right knee. It just swelled up a little bit, but hurts like crazy. I did take some time last night after my shower to put some ice on it and then again this morning, cut it's still pretty sore and has me limping. All I could think about was what if I had bbroken something and couldn't go to CA for Christmas or the wedding!!! That would have been really bad. As it is, I think I'll skip church today and try to stay off it as much as possible. It was hard taking care of Doris in her crate since I have to kind of kneel down to keep her from coming out of the crate while I give her food and water and change out her towel bedding. Now that the rain has finally stopped, I'm planning to let her out of the crate later today but I'm going to put some bedding in there and keep it open so maybe she'll still want to sleep in there with her little family. They have stayed right by her the whole time she's been in there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #2204
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning! Maggie, you had a busy day. Your counting down to your trip. How exciting. I hope your knee is feeling better today. That will now be fun going through airports with a bum knee.

I had a super duper fun day yesterday! I went to the big mall and met Jackie there for lunch and we walked around the mall some and did some shopping. We just talked and talked and talked and had a fun time together. She is super sweet and funny and nice.

I have a busy day today. I have to take a gift assessment and make sure I got everything I need and hopefully start wrapping. I also wanted to make a blanket so I need to do that today too. I need to clean the house too, ugh! LOL
Crafting When We Can
hpyscrpr2 and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #2205
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's how I know that it would be a fun time to go to the mall with Brenda. Want to join us?

how about spring ?maggie should have warm weather before the rest of us.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #2206
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning! Maggie, you had a busy day. Your counting down to your trip. How exciting. I hope your knee is feeling better today. That will now be fun going through airports with a bum knee.

I had a super duper fun day yesterday! I went to the big mall and met Jackie there for lunch and we walked around the mall some and did some shopping. We just talked and talked and talked and had a fun time together. She is super sweet and funny and nice.

I have a busy day today. I have to take a gift assessment and make sure I got everything I need and hopefully start wrapping. I also wanted to make a blanket so I need to do that today too. I need to clean the house too, ugh! LOL
which is "the big mall"? glad y'all had fun. a blanket in one day ? one of those no sew kinds? i think they make electric looms , don't know how long that wold take . course you could just be rocking good with a sewing machine
Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #2207
Crimping Master

Quote:
I also ended up with a bum right knee yesterday afternoon while I was closet cleaning. I took some hangers out to the garage to take back to the laundry and as I turned to come back in, I tripped on the little step up from the garage to the laundry room and fell and landed on my right knee. It just swelled up a little bit, but hurts like crazy. I did take some time last night after my shower to put some ice on it and then again this morning, cut it's still pretty sore and has me limping. All I could think about was what if I had bbroken something and couldn't go to CA for Christmas or the wedding!!! That would have been really bad. As it is, I think I'll skip church today and try to stay off it as much as possible. It was hard taking care of Doris in her crate since I have to kind of kneel down to keep her from coming out of the crate while I give her food and water and change out her towel bedding. Now that the rain has finally stopped, I'm planning to let her out of the crate later today but I'm going to put some bedding in there and keep it open so maybe she'll still want to sleep in there with her little family. They have stayed right by her the whole time she's been in there.
sorry about your knee maggie. hope you have some improvement before all that walking that you get to do @ an airport
Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #2208
Crimping Master

Quote:
I ended up NOT going to the mall yesterday. It took 3 1/2 hours at the Quick Lube at my car dealership to get my service done. I figured it would be no later than 9 since I got there at 7:15. About 9 the tech came to tell me that I really should have the collant flushed and the back brakes needed to be cleaned which would take another 45 minutes. Since I was there I told him to go ahead and do it. Then at 10 he tells me it's going to be another 25 min. so I didn't get out of there until after 10:30. I needed to be back to my house by 11:30 because my DD was bringing me some Gift Cards I needed that I had purchased through the High School. It's a fundraising thing for my DGD. Some of them were for Christmas so I needed them yesterday. She was coming over this was to drop off their dog with my great niece who is dog sitting while they are in CA for Christmas and the wedding.

I did get out to the grocery store after my DD left and went by Academy to get a GC for my SIL. That is all he wanted - from there and Bass Pro Shops which I DD in CA got for him. The weather said there was a lull in the rain, so I thought I could get out and done before it started up again. NOT! It was okay until I was done with the groceries and then I was glad I had my umbrella even though I still got pretty wet getting the groceries into the car.

After I got home I figured that I better get started figuring out what I was taking which lead to my purging my closet of summery things and getting everything else organized. That took some time but I was able to pull out the tops that I want to take.

Last night after I ate some dinner I worked on getting all the GC's packaged. I had gotten some little envelopes from Ellen Hutson and also remembered that I have the Christmas Card Cricut cartridge that will make all kinds of cards and envelopes, so I cut out some with that. They are now all packaged and labeled.
sounds like that cricket comes in handy. i havent decided if i want one yet. i guess that in reality means not enough to actually get one. i been wanting a new laptop since 2008 and i finally got one in october this year LOL. some times things just take a whole lot of other right things to happen first , then it just comes together. if that makes any sense
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #2209
Crimping Master

looks like the microwave fought the valiant fight but constantly smells like smoke makes the rest of the house smell smoky. time to retire it
Old 12-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #2210
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Quote:

Awww, makes me feel all warm & cozy inside! You're just as sweet & fun...just as I pictured from our many talks on the phone!!! I had so much fun with you & can't wait to hang out again! I'm keeping an eye out for that dress so I'll be making another trip soon....Reggie says to snatch it as soon as possible so we'll have it out of the way

I can't wait for her to see the dress I did buy

Have fun making that blanket!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #2211
Crimping Master

Jackie and Nancy...so glad you gals had a great day together! So fun!! I wish I could go to the mall with each of you. I can see it now ... I will hop from city to city, stopping where each one of you lives, do a mall day and fly on to the next PBR. Also, at each mall I will enjoy a cookie. LOL Wonder what DH would think of that idea? Ha ha ha

Jackie, do you need two dresses? I have trouble finding dresses that fit me right. I always end up in a skirt and blouse. We have a semi formal event in Jan. it is a sweet sixteen party for my DD best friend. DD told me I need a dress. We shall see how that goes for me. I have never been to a semi formal sweet 16 party before.

I baked more cookies today and I am done with holiday baking. My poor blog has been very neglected. I hope to post tomorrow.

Maggie... So sorry to hear about your knee. I think you should "pre-board" the plane. What part of CA will you be in? I leave Sat for Redding, CA. Going to my mother in laws.

Nancy, I also need to do the gift assessment. I am not thrilled with what I bought my mom. Really need to find her something else.

DH picked up our holiday photo cards at Costco today and he forgot the envelopes. He is going back in a bit for them. Told him I'd go tomorrow but he is going back today.

So I have to go in for routine blood work tomorrow. I am dreading it!! I dislike the entire thing...fasting especially. LOL Not that I usually eat after midnight but it is the whole idea of no tea or banana in the morning when I get up. LOL I know....whine, whine, Huh? Lol Oh well, I am not canceling the appt so I will have to deal with the fasting.

Maggie, will someone look in on your cats while you are away? They are so lucky to have you watching out for them. My mother in law does the same thing. I think I may have told you that. I hope you have a wonderful trip and safe travels.

My friends dad that was in the hospital recently is doing well. He is home but still not driving. Can't remember if I told you all the update.

Did you gals see the carousel book on the home page of SCS? It looks so cool! I need to watch the video. I really would love to try it sometime.

Jackie and Nancy... How far away are you two from each other?

Brandy...did you get a new microwave? A while ago our microwave at the office broke. One of the gals used a paper plate that had some silver decoration/pattern on it and we think it was aluminum because it broke the microwave...lots of zapping!

That's the latest here. Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #2212
Stazon Splitcoast

Brenda, you should definitely fly from place to place and go to the mall! LOL

You can come to IL and see two of us for the price of one! There is a Disney store .... hint hint hint

Driving time, I think we are about 1.5 hrs apart. I have not mapped it from door to door so that is just a guess.

It's a 45 minute drive for me to get to the mall we met at.

Have fun getting your blood work done, not!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #2213
Crimping Master

Quote:
Jackie and Nancy...so glad you gals had a great day together! So fun!! I wish I could go to the mall with each of you. I can see it now ... I will hop from city to city, stopping where each one of you lives, do a mall day and fly on to the next PBR. Also, at each mall I will enjoy a cookie. LOL Wonder what DH would think of that idea? Ha ha ha

Jackie, do you need two dresses? I have trouble finding dresses that fit me right. I always end up in a skirt and blouse. We have a semi formal event in Jan. it is a sweet sixteen party for my DD best friend. DD told me I need a dress. We shall see how that goes for me. I have never been to a semi formal sweet 16 party before.

I baked more cookies today and I am done with holiday baking. My poor blog has been very neglected. I hope to post tomorrow.

Maggie... So sorry to hear about your knee. I think you should "pre-board" the plane. What part of CA will you be in? I leave Sat for Redding, CA. Going to my mother in laws.

Nancy, I also need to do the gift assessment. I am not thrilled with what I bought my mom. Really need to find her something else.

DH picked up our holiday photo cards at Costco today and he forgot the envelopes. He is going back in a bit for them. Told him I'd go tomorrow but he is going back today.

So I have to go in for routine blood work tomorrow. I am dreading it!! I dislike the entire thing...fasting especially. LOL Not that I usually eat after midnight but it is the whole idea of no tea or banana in the morning when I get up. LOL I know....whine, whine, Huh? Lol Oh well, I am not canceling the appt so I will have to deal with the fasting.

Maggie, will someone look in on your cats while you are away? They are so lucky to have you watching out for them. My mother in law does the same thing. I think I may have told you that. I hope you have a wonderful trip and safe travels.

My friends dad that was in the hospital recently is doing well. He is home but still not driving. Can't remember if I told you all the update.

Did you gals see the carousel book on the home page of SCS? It looks so cool! I need to watch the video. I really would love to try it sometime.

Brandy...did you get a new microwave? A while ago our microwave at the office broke. One of the gals used a paper plate that had some silver decoration/pattern on it and we think it was aluminum because it broke the microwave...lots of zapping!

nope. dh wants to do it. im good with that.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #2214
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, that sounds about right Nancy. According to Reggie anyway so I'll take his word for it

Brenda, Bianca wanted a dress for her upcoming formal/valentine dance. She's also hinted @ she would like a really pretty dress just because. Well, I found it but it's not on sale yet so I'll be stalking for a bit until I see the price drop some.....a coupon would be nice too

It would be so much fun to have you here in northern IL for a weekend! I would totally play stay @ a hotel close to Woodfield mall & just hang out with you and Nancy!!!!!! Can you imagine how much awesome that would be?????

It took me less than an hour to get there yesterday. I need to remember that I'm no longer in the boonies lol!!!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #2215
Stazon Splitcoast

JCI! Our daughter and family are here and we visited my Mom. She was thrilled, and I really think she loves where she is! They had stockings hung with their names on them over the fireplace. So cozy. Our grandkids played violin and guitar music for the patrons while we were there.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
mschoener, hpyscrpr2, nhagen and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #2216
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
sorry about your knee maggie. hope you have some improvement before all that walking that you get to do @ an airport
Thanks Brandy. It is doing much better except when I've had to go out and change Doris's water bowl or give her food because I have to kind of kneel on it and that hurts, but I'm walking better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #2217
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
looks like the microwave fought the valiant fight but constantly smells like smoke makes the rest of the house smell smoky. time to retire it
Sounds like! You don't want it to cause a fire at the house.

I hear fireworks in the neighborhood. They are against the law in the city limits. That doesn't seem to matter much to some people.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #2218
Quacker Stamper

Worked on getting the house in order today before my trip. Decided that I'd like to have a clean house before I left and not have to come home and have to clean it up. All laundry is done and trying to get some packing done. I do have all the clothes that I'm taking pulled out of the closet and other things organized, so it's just a matter of putting it all into the suitcases.

Decided to keep Dorrie in the crate one more night. It's so cold out there and windy. I'll let her out when I go out and feed them in the morning before I go off to work.

Found 2 Christmas cards that I need to send off which makes me happy because I didn't want to forget these 2 people and I haven't had time to make any more cards. I am working on making another Tim Holtz wall hanging like I made at ScrapFest. I want to give one to my DGD that is getting married. One of the first Christmas decorations for their new home. I did want to make one for each of my DD's also, but found that I bought the wrong size canvas for them. Now I have to get 2 more the right size and I'll make them either late for for next year. I"m also going to give her the Santa's List Album that I made. I think I need to get a Bind It All. I love this cute album and would love to make more different ones, but have no way to put them together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #2219
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
sounds like that cricket comes in handy. i havent decided if i want one yet. i guess that in reality means not enough to actually get one. i been wanting a new laptop since 2008 and i finally got one in october this year LOL. some times things just take a whole lot of other right things to happen first , then it just comes together. if that makes any sense
I had mine for over a year before I even got it out of the box. I just didn't have much use for it at the time. Then I made some graduation cards for a lady at church and that was it for another long while until I started getting some cartridges to use it for my card making. I know a lot of people are really like the Cameo Silhouette now, but I think I'll stick with my Cricut for now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #2220
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

It has been a wonderful day here ~ we had our family Christmas

happy grand kids kids beautiful daughters... make me smile

Jackie thank you so much my girls loved your card... the details make it so unique... I loved it ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
hpyscrpr2 likes this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #2221
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

I know you all are busy, as I have been too... hope your weekend was good

we had icy weather then snow... my oldest grand daughter sweet sixteen party was to be a sock hop poodle skirts and all... unfortunately, none of her friends could get there : and we all got stranded on the ice... near 2 hours later we made it home... only 2 miles...

but today was wonderful... we are all so blessed...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #2222
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I think a Mall Hop sounds like a lot of fun and a cookie at every stop! Excellent!

I hate shopping for clothes. I bought 2 recently for the wedding and today I was looking in my closet and saw one that I bought not long ago that might really be the right one for it. Now I'm thinking I may take the one I got at Macy's back when I get home. I'm going to take the other new one with me though just to decide which one I really want to wear. I have a really pretty jacket that will look good over the new one.

I need to update my blog tomorrow night with a post for CCC. I haven't done much else and OSAAT is on vacation until the 12th of January. I just need to put a reminder on that we have a month long challenge going on.

I do have a couple cards that I made that I haven't blogged, so I may put them on there at some point. I'm thinking that I'm going to take my laptop with me so I can get on it in the evening and check e-mails and keep up with my blogger friends.

I'm going to Orange County, a little North of San Diego. You'll be way up North by San Francisco. Yes, I do have someone who comes to take care of my kitties. I couldn't leave them for a week without anything to eat. I hire one of my great nephews to come, but it's usually my niece's DH who brings him or comes with their DD. I have them comes twice a day so the outside kitties get their regular feedings. I'm hoping this time he will also trap those possums for me that keep coming over here and taking them out to the big wooded park about 1/2 hour from here.

Good luck with the blood work tomorrow. I always make sure I get the early morning appointment and take something to eat with me, so I can have it when they are done with the blood draw.

Glad to hear that your friend's dad is out of the hospital. It'll be nice that he's home for Christmas. Teresa Collins posted on her blog today that her DH is home from the hospital also. He has leukemia and just had a stem cell transplant. He's really still very sick so any prayers for them will be appreciated. I love her paper lines. After doing that Santa's List album, I bought all the supplies to make another one.

I did see that carousel album, but didn't look at the video. I have all those Newsletters saved and one of these days I'll go look through them to get some ideas of things to do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #2223
Crimping Master

Quote:
I had mine for over a year before I even got it out of the box. I just didn't have much use for it at the time. Then I made some graduation cards for a lady at church and that was it for another long while until I started getting some cartridges to use it for my card making. I know a lot of people are really like the Cameo Silhouette now, but I think I'll stick with my Cricut for now.
I've almost decided to get a cameo. supposedly it can cut out digi's. I havent seen it demo'd that way. just think no more fussy cutting . still would like to see it in action tho. if its easier just to cut it out by hand than use the machine to do it, whats the point of buying it ?its a significant chunk of change. dont want to spend it if doesnt do what I want it to

any of y'all seen a demo? the only ones I have seen are the gina k ones and she didnt use a digi, she used a svg file. so that doesnt count
Old 12-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #2224
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've almost decided to get a cameo. supposedly it can cut out digi's. I havent seen it demo'd that way. just think no more fussy cutting . still would like to see it in action tho. if its easier just to cut it out by hand than use the machine to do it, whats the point of buying it ?its a significant chunk of change. dont want to spend it if doesnt do what I want it to

any of y'all seen a demo? the only ones I have seen are the gina k ones and she didnt use a digi, she used a svg file. so that doesnt count
No, I've never see a video of it. Have you tried You Tube? I bet there are a bunch on there. I don't fussy cut my digis much so I don't see the need for a machine to do that for me especially when it's so expensive and I've already invested so much into my Cricut.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #2225
Crimping Master

Good morning! Blood draw done!! No fainting - I am super proud of myself! I did get an early appt..well as early as they had ... 8:45. I arrived earlier and they toke me early so that was good. Maggie, I did take food with me and actually ate the banana in the chair right after. LOL nurse probably thought what a goofy gal for doing that but I didn't care. Had to do what worked for me. Now I am sitting at The Good a egg waiting for my breakfast. Finally able to have my morning tea also!

From breakfast I am off to pick up a gift card at Bookmans. Bookmans is a wonderful, huge used bookstore! My family loves it there so I am getting my brother a gift card there. Last up is something special for my mother. On the hunt for a purse. She loves a purse! I looked at the mall and they were too much money. I already got her a gc to. Olive Garden...just want something else.

DD is at YMCA camp today. She was so excited to go. The board games she was playing was Mancala. Also she was playing cards...Uno. Had. Battleship out but don't think that she got to it.

I hope to clean my house today. Honestly, it is a mess. From all the baking, crumbs, etc it needs a good scrubbing. Now that the baking is done I feel that I can clean.

Oops breakfast is here.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #2226
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am pretty sure anything you cut with it has to be a certain file type. So any images you cut have to be converted to SVG or whatever file type the Cameo supports. So I am not sure how difficult that is with the cameo software. Plus you have to remember that every single line and dot will be part of the design and will get cut so you have to clean it up if it is something you don't want cut. So eyes, hair, ears, noses, freckles, mouth, lines on clothes etc will all have to be removed before you try to cut it. Also, don't forget the digi stamp companies policy for converting their images to any other format. It might be a big no.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #2227
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning! Blood draw done!! No fainting - I am super proud of myself! I did get an early appt..well as early as they had ... 8:45. I arrived earlier and they toke me early so that was good. Maggie, I did take food with me and actually ate the banana in the chair right after. LOL nurse probably thought what a goofy gal for doing that but I didn't care. Had to do what worked for me. Now I am sitting at The Good a egg waiting for my breakfast. Finally able to have my morning tea also!

From breakfast I am off to pick up a gift card at Bookmans. Bookmans is a wonderful, huge used bookstore! My family loves it there so I am getting my brother a gift card there. Last up is something special for my mother. On the hunt for a purse. She loves a purse! I looked at the mall and they were too much money. I already got her a gc to. Olive Garden...just want something else.

DD is at YMCA camp today. She was so excited to go. The board games she was playing was Mancala. Also she was playing cards...Uno. Had. Battleship out but don't think that she got to it.

I hope to clean my house today. Honestly, it is a mess. From all the baking, crumbs, etc it needs a good scrubbing. Now that the baking is done I feel that I can clean.

Oops breakfast is here.

Glad your blood work went well and you got to eat!

DD1 and I played Battleship last night. I beat her twice! LOL

DH said I am a numbers person and analyze everything so she shouldn't have played it with me cause there is no way she will win! LOL
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #2228
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to follow DH to the car repair shop. He thinks the timing belt needs to be replaced but I need to check the paper work to make sure it hasn't already been done first. Ill be back later!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #2229
Quacker Stamper

Just a last minute check in before I pack up and head out in the morning. All my bags are packed except for some things that I'll need to use in the morning getting ready. I'm taking 2 checked bags and 2 carry ons (1 plus my purse). Glad that I'm flying Southwest where your bags fly free.

I am taking my laptop with me so I'll be checking in at some point while I'm gone.

Nancy and Jackie - I received your cards today. Love them both. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
hpyscrpr2 likes this post.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #2230
Crimping Master

Quote:
Just a last minute check in before I pack up and head out in the morning. All my bags are packed except for some things that I'll need to use in the morning getting ready. I'm taking 2 checked bags and 2 carry ons (1 plus my purse). Glad that I'm flying Southwest where your bags fly free.

I am taking my laptop with me so I'll be checking in at some point while I'm gone.

Nancy and Jackie - I received your cards today. Love them both. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

safe trip maggie
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2231
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Maggie, have a safe trip and have a great time!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? No special Christmas eve plans for us. I just need to finish wrapping!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #2232
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm prepping my food so all I have to do is put things in the oven tomorrow morning
Old 12-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #2233
Crimping Master

merry christmas y'all
Old 12-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #2234
Crimping Master

Merry Christmas Everyone! My internet here was not working well yesterday. I could post to Facebook but to access other websites was slow and difficult. Seems to be working now. Christmas Eve was wonderful....dinner at my moms and back there this morning for breakfast. Dinner is at my house...hubby cooks and I clean. LOL I hope you all enjoy your Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #2235
Crimping Master

Quote:

Safe travels Maggie and have a great time!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #2236
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a great day and that Santa was good to you!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and hpyscrpr2 like this post.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #2237
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello!

Maggie, have a safe trip and have a great time!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? No special Christmas eve plans for us. I just need to finish wrapping!

Everything went pretty well. I was so glad to have my coat on while waiting to get baggage checked. Had to stand outside in 30+ weather for over an hour! I made it to the gate just as they were starting to board my plane. Then as the plane started to back away the pilot noticed a fuel leak from one of the engines, so we had to go back in and have it checked out and fixed which took about 45 minutes, but we still made it to CA on time since we would have arrived early without the extra time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #2238
Quacker Stamper

We had a very nice Christmas. With all of the family here, there were piles of gifts all under and around the tree. Not spoiled here at all. Dinner was yummy. One of my SIL's brothers' came with his wife and 2 little kids and had dinner with us. Then we watched some Christmas movies. I think we were all beat. I was in bed about 9:15 and the light off at 9:30. Slept through until 6:30 this morning.

My oldest DD and the 2 DGD's here in CA and I are going for mani/pedis in a little bit. There is still tons to do before the wedding on Saturday.

Oh, I just got to meet the bridegroom. He flew in this morning. Very nice young man.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
hpyscrpr2, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #2239
Stazon Splitcoast

I am glad you made it safe Maggie. I can't believe you just got done with Christmas and now you have you prepare for a wedding. I bet your DD will be glad when it is all said and done! Manicures sound like a fun way to spend today. A great way to relax!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #2240
Crimping Master

Hello everyone! Maggie, glad to hear that you are having a good time!

How was Christmas for everyone? Ours was wonderful and now we are preparing to head to Northern CA on Sat. We will be there Sat - Wed. Christmas all over again with my mother in law.

I got a new photo printer for Christmas. I am VERY excited about this! Mine is nine years old and is, well, OLD! LOL I do not plan on hooking the new one up until I return from my trip. It is very big and I am not quite sure where I am putting it. It will print bigger than I need. LOL I wanted one that prints 12 x 12 and DH said this one prints larger. He is very excited to use it too. It is a Cannon.

That's it for now. I am off to sleep...exhausted...still so much to do before I leave. Hope all of you are good!
mschoener, hpyscrpr2 and nhagen like this post.