Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5963Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #2121
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Sharon, I'm glad your mom is doing well and she is some place safe. She isn't too far away so you can see her often and check in on her.
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #2122
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry Brandy but I have never tried iris folding. Can't wait to see what you come up with though.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #2123
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Since she already had a bunch of cards, I think I'd put some away for a birthday or for next year and either buy her stuff for her new apartment or give her GC to Bed Bath & Beyond or Target or somewhere she can get things for her apartment.
We were out today and at some stores and she remembered there are some shoes she would like and couldn't find any so I found some on Amazon after we got home!

Also she saw some fleece jackets and went oooohhhh. Aaaaahhhhh. LOL she looked really quick as we were walking and we left the store. I had seen them before and thought about getting her one so I think I will go back and get her one now that I know for sure she will like it.

I think I will definitely save two of the gift cards for later. I'm glad I bought three and not one for the full amount.
Crafting When We Can
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #2124
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
JCI Soooo busy. Finally moved Mom to a home plus yesterday. I have stayed with her every night for two weeks, going at nine and not leaving till nine in the mornings. Last night 9 hours of sleep!!! Wow! Anyway went over today to see that she is settled.. It is 25 minutes from here, but a wonderful place, and worth the extra drive time. As soon as I catch up, I will chat. After Christmas have to do something about all her stuff and her apartment. And company coming from Georgia next week!
Brandy, thank you for my card. And mother loves hers. I took it to her today. She had me put it where she could see it. Thanks so much!

Maggie so sorry about all your cat problems! You are so good to those kitties! Cant believe the problems you had trying to help!
y'all are welcome. i got to get a new digi so I could make it. a win win
Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #2125
Stampin' Fool

Hi Gals!

Brandy.. I tried the folding a few years back and it was not my thing maybe you will enjoy it more than I did. Thank you for the card. I loved it! Nice surprise too.

Nancy, I would get her things for the apartment. I know you found other stuff but you could always put a spatula in her stocking. LOL I remember when I was planning for my own place place pots and pans and household items were fun to get.

Soni, good to hear from you!

Jackie...glad all is well with you. Are you ready for Christmas?

Sharon, glad your mom is in a better place. Nice to have you back on the thread with us.

Maggie, so sorry about your cat!! What a nightmare day!! Awful really!! When you get time (even after the holidays is fine) please email me that pie recipe.

The holiday fun continues.....gift and cookie exchange at work tomorrow. Boy do I love a cookie! Bring them on! One of the best ones will be from my co worker that doesn't bake. Lol! Every year she goes to a Mexican bakery and brings cookies from it. Not sure what they bake with but totally different taste. My favorite is this multi colored one. Yum! My mom's favorite is the "pig" .. Think that one has molasses in it. I do not care for the pig one.

My last day of work is this Thursday. I go back on Jan 7! Woo Hoo!!! Office party is this Fri night at the bosses house.

DH has a terrible head cold.

DD has two days of school left until 01/06. Have her signed up for YMCA day camp a couple of her days off.

I got a free lunch at Subway today. Gal in front of me bought it and said Merry Christmas. So nice! Needless to day I was shocked.

See you back her tomorrow
Old 12-18-2013, 04:43 AM   #2126
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Brenda and Maggie! I think I will buy her some pots and pans! I had already looked at some and DH thought it was a dumb gift. I might give her a Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohls GC instead so she can get whatever else she might need and pick it out herself.
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #2127
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Brenda, don't eat too many cookies! That is too funny that the best cookies at the exchange are the bakery bought Mexican cookies!

We are going this morning to see Catching Fire. We have been waiting for DD to come home so she could baby sit. Well she wants to see it again. So we are all going to a 10:30 am show. I don't know why DH and I didn't think of going to the first show in the morning (while the kids are in school) before!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #2128
Crimping Master

GM Y'all
supposed to be beautiful again today. not getting any crafting done. haven't wanted to waste the sunshine and warmth
Old 12-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #2129
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
JCI Soooo busy. Finally moved Mom to a home plus yesterday. I have stayed with her every night for two weeks, going at nine and not leaving till nine in the mornings. Last night 9 hours of sleep!!! Wow! Anyway went over today to see that she is settled.. It is 25 minutes from here, but a wonderful place, and worth the extra drive time. As soon as I catch up, I will chat. After Christmas have to do something about all her stuff and her apartment. And company coming from Georgia next week!
Brandy, thank you for my card. And mother loves hers. I took it to her today. She had me put it where she could see it. Thanks so much!

Maggie so sorry about all your cat problems! You are so good to those kitties! Cant believe the problems you had trying to help!
So very glad that you were able to find a nice place for your mom to live. I know it must have been exhausting for you to be there every night although I know that you wouldn't have done any less. Can she take some of her "stuff" to her new place or will you let family members take some and sell or donate the rest?

Kitties all seem to be doing well this morning, thank you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #2130
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, sorry you are going through so much lately with the cats. You must have been so mad at that place especially after they would get the proper papers to your vet so they didn't do the dpsame thing to her.
I think they wanted to explain to the vet how it wasn't their fault that it happened. I'm sure they will send over the papers after they talk to the vet since he used to be the director over there. He knows how things go.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #2131
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi Gals!

Brandy.. I tried the folding a few years back and it was not my thing maybe you will enjoy it more than I did. Thank you for the card. I loved it! Nice surprise too.

Nancy, I would get her things for the apartment. I know you found other stuff but you could always put a spatula in her stocking. LOL I remember when I was planning for my own place place pots and pans and household items were fun to get.

Soni, good to hear from you!

Jackie...glad all is well with you. Are you ready for Christmas?

Sharon, glad your mom is in a better place. Nice to have you back on the thread with us.

Maggie, so sorry about your cat!! What a nightmare day!! Awful really!! When you get time (even after the holidays is fine) please email me that pie recipe.

The holiday fun continues.....gift and cookie exchange at work tomorrow. Boy do I love a cookie! Bring them on! One of the best ones will be from my co worker that doesn't bake. Lol! Every year she goes to a Mexican bakery and brings cookies from it. Not sure what they bake with but totally different taste. My favorite is this multi colored one. Yum! My mom's favorite is the "pig" .. Think that one has molasses in it. I do not care for the pig one.

My last day of work is this Thursday. I go back on Jan 7! Woo Hoo!!! Office party is this Fri night at the bosses house.

DH has a terrible head cold.

DD has two days of school left until 01/06. Have her signed up for YMCA day camp a couple of her days off.

I got a free lunch at Subway today. Gal in front of me bought it and said Merry Christmas. So nice! Needless to day I was shocked.

See you back her tomorrow
My oldest DD had some kitchen stuff on her Amazon Wish List. I actually ordered her some of those silicone baking cups for cupcakes or muffins. Also a book called The Art of Mixing. I love Amazon.

I'll be happy to send you the recipe. I better do it sooner or I may forget. I was thinking of making it again tonight to bring to our office lunch tomorrow. I have all the ingredients except for a few sandwich cookies for the crust, but I might be able to make do.

Yeah for long vacations. I'm off the 24th until Jan. 2.

Sorry about DH. Hope he gets over that soon.

Sweet on the free lunch! I've heard that there are many people out there doing that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #2132
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!

Brenda, don't eat too many cookies! That is too funny that the best cookies at the exchange are the bakery bought Mexican cookies!

We are going this morning to see Catching Fire. We have been waiting for DD to come home so she could baby sit. Well she wants to see it again. So we are all going to a 10:30 am show. I don't know why DH and I didn't think of going to the first show in the morning (while the kids are in school) before!
If I don't get to see it this Saturday (by myself) I won't get to see it on the big screen. I have so much going on though, so I'm not sure I will get to see it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #2133
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning!

i read all 3 of the hunger games series. haven't seen any of the movies
nhagen likes this post.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #2134
Crimping Master

wrote a really long post then made it disappear. sorry only 1 bite@ the apple. dobt want to retype the whole long thing sorry. gist got a good buy of g45. microwave got smoked. might get new one if i cant get it un-smoked
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #2135
Crimping Master

i saw that a few of yall picked basic grey's 25th and pine paper line, i was looking @blue moon scrapbooking, they have several items from that line on clearance if you're interested
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #2136
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
wrote a really long post then made it disappear. sorry only 1 bite@ the apple. dobt want to retype the whole long thing sorry. gist got a good buy of g45. microwave got smoked. might get new one if i cant get it un-smoked
Sorry about the microwave.

Where did you get your G45?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #2137
Crimping Master

Quote:
Sorry about the microwave.

Where did you get your G45?
tuesday morning
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #2138
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
tuesday morning
I never find anything good at my Tuesday Morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #2139
Quacker Stamper

Brenda, did you get your Week 5 Santa Pack yet? I haven't. I hope it comes before Christmas.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #2140
Stazon Splitcoast

Score Brandy on the G45 at TM. I sometimes find good things there.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #2141
Quacker Stamper

Just finished up making a sweet potato casserole and another Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip pie to take to work tomorrow for our office Christmas luncheon. Also got my cards in envelopes and addressed. Still have to wrap up 2 gifts for 2 girls at work for tomorrow and then off to bed.

Oh, Brenda, I did get my October Afternoon package today. Great stuff!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #2142
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

mmmmmm....I love sweet potato casserole! I would like your recipe for the mint chocolate chip pie as well!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #2143
Stazon Splitcoast

Brenda, how nice that the person in front of you paid for your lunch and wished you a merry Christmas! How was your cookie exchange? Did you get good cookies? Happy last day of work this year!
Crafting When We Can
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #2144
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!

mmmmmm....I love sweet potato casserole! I would like your recipe for the mint chocolate chip pie as well!
Good morning Nancy,

Yes, I'm cooking the casserole this morning so it'll be fresh and warm. I just sent you the recipe for the pie.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #2145
Stazon Splitcoast

Yummy! Thanks!!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #2146
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning!

I'm almost ready for Christmas Brenda. I hope to find a dress for my daughter this weekend while I'm with Nancy....I've picked up a few small things here & there that I know the kiddos want. I just need to wrap & place under the tree

I hope you all have a great day
Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #2147
Crimping Master

GM y'all
Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #2148
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi! Yesterday I didn't go out of the house! I finished my gift calendars and addressed and mailed some Christmas cards. I made a lasagna and froze it. That will be our Christmas dimmer, along with garlic bread and pea, lettuce , onion, bacon salad. It is called Frozen pea salad. You layer then frost it with mayo. It is better than it sounds and my family loves it. Made more pumpkin bread and Christmas mix. I will make cookies tomorrow, and get my hair done, and see Mom. I got my nails done today and took Mom's neighbor to see her. I have been trying to get Mom's email changed, and on her iPad. Think I will have to wait till my kids/grandkids get here to do it. I am to electronically challenged! Our daughter, son in law and three grand kids get here Sat. Sis and hubby come Monday. Enjoy your preparations for Christmas!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 91/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$52.29
Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #2149
Stazon Splitcoast

I mailed all my Christmas cards so be on the lookout for happy mail
mschoener, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #2150
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning!

I'm almost ready for Christmas Brenda. I hope to find a dress for my daughter this weekend while I'm with Nancy....I've picked up a few small things here & there that I know the kiddos want. I just need to wrap & place under the tree

I hope you all have a great day
Have fun this weekend! Have you and Nancy met before in person or is this the first time? Good luck on the dress...should be a lot of choices this time of year.

I will be shopping on Saturday night. My one buddy and I do one final mall night together (dinner and gift exchange first) . She is my Black Friday shopping buddy that comes with my family and I. We call Saturday night our final mall walk for the season. LOL
Old 12-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #2151
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Hi! Yesterday I didn't go out of the house! I finished my gift calendars and addressed and mailed some Christmas cards. I made a lasagna and froze it. That will be our Christmas dimmer, along with garlic bread and pea, lettuce , onion, bacon salad. It is called Frozen pea salad. You layer then frost it with mayo. It is better than it sounds and my family loves it. Made more pumpkin bread and Christmas mix. I will make cookies tomorrow, and get my hair done, and see Mom. I got my nails done today and took Mom's neighbor to see her. I have been trying to get Mom's email changed, and on her iPad. Think I will have to wait till my kids/grandkids get here to do it. I am to electronically challenged! Our daughter, son in law and three grand kids get here Sat. Sis and hubby come Monday. Enjoy your preparations for Christmas!
Great you have your dinner all pre-made! I bet your mom was glad to see her neighbor. What kind of cookies are you making? I love cookies!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #2152
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Just finished up making a sweet potato casserole and another Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip pie to take to work tomorrow for our office Christmas luncheon. Also got my cards in envelopes and addressed. Still have to wrap up 2 gifts for 2 girls at work for tomorrow and then off to bed.

Oh, Brenda, I did get my October Afternoon package today. Great stuff!
Maggie, thanks for sending the recipe. Yes, I got the Santa Sack! Love it! I just love the whole vintage feel of their stuff. I hope to be in my craft room tomorrow ..organizing and putting away the new product

Last day of work for me today until Tues Jan7! Woo Hoo,
Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #2153
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Good morning!

The cookie exchange went well. Yes, the Mexican bakery cookies still won first place in my book! LOL this is too funny.....DD gets in the car after school. First question she asks is did I get any of those Mexican pastries (they are really cookies) in the exchange. LOL See what a hit they are? LOL When I was younger we would go down to Nogales, Mexico at least once a year and always hit the bakery. I have not been down there in 12 years! Ever since I had DD. The gal that brought them for the exchange got them in town though.

I hope to see several movies while. I am off work. I want to see Saving Mr. Banks, Frozen and Catching Fire. DD saw Catching Fire already. Did you like it?
Old 12-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #2154
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I have had that happen....write it and then I hit the wrong key and poof it is gone.

We are expecting a storm here tomorrow. Are you? Today and yesterday were beautiful! Hate to see the rain come.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #2155
Stampin' Fool

Brandy, thanks for the card! I love it. Cannot for the life of me remember if I told you this or not.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #2156
Stampin' Fool

First morning that I can sleep in and DH has to be on a 5 am conference call . DD has a friend here spending the night. A lot of giggling in the house! Good night all.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #2157
Stazon Splitcoast

This will be the first time that we've met in person Brenda. We've talked on the phone quite a few times or should I say *giggled & laughed* so this will be a great Christmas gift for both of us
mschoener, nhagen and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #2158
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Brenda, that is too funny that those cookies are such a hit! Jackie and I have never met before but we have talked on the phone several times. So I am excited!!

Catching Fire was really good. It was 2.5 hours but sure didn't seem like it! When it was over, I was like "noooooooooo" LOL

I hope DH was able to wake up for his conference call quietly!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #2159
Stazon Splitcoast

Attention.....those of you receiving square cards from me---there was some technical difficulties with my envelope glue like maybe I've had it too long or something so I ended up using regular adhesive to keep those babies shut!!! You'll just have to literally rip them open but it's the card inside that counts right

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #2160
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That great that you got everything done (even dinner)!!!

You are going to have a full house. Enjoy your time with your family!
Crafting When We Can