Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5835Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #1881
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!

Kelly, not sure if I should wish your DD luck on the possible job transfer or not! I know you hate to see her leave and she probably hates to leave so I hope if she goes it is a good change for her.

We have relocated away from family twice. But they keep finding us! LOLOLOLOL

Sharon, that is a huge pumpkin! Have a nice day with you mom and hubby!
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #1882
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Regarding my envelope from Brandy... Her post label dated Oct. 5th had been covered up by a new post label dated November 7th out of Ft. Worth. So something happened to the envie between her PO and the Ft. Worth PO
really? i mailed from a suburb of ft worth. it might have the designation as flammable materials. the post lady wrote some code when i told her the were alcohol markers. she said she had to, flight regulations. so i figured they'd hitch up some horses and recreate the pony express. wasn't any way i would ride that far. too much saddle time makes for sore butt and legs LOL
I have a friend and she can ride all day but she does it on a regular basis. Don't even remember the last time I went horseback riding
Old 11-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #1883
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
What's this about a small business? What are you going to be doing?
just trying to sell my cards. ive some inventory created . I need to make thank you cards. still not sure if im doing the etsy thing or not . im thinking i might for a while so i can use some of their services till i can get my own established.

Im going to order some fiberboard envelopes to ship with. a case has 100. i imagine that will last me a little while .

Brenda thank you for the card. i also wanted to say thanks for the post card from Disney. I don't think i said so before . sorry

does anyone know if the post office is open tomorrow? need more stamps
Old 11-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #1884
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thank you, Sharon! LOL
Shhhh. I'm 52. Our daughter is 30 (we share the same birthday). This may be our last chance to be together for the holidays. She'll know when she gets back on Dec. 16th if they are moving to WA State some time next year for a job relocation.
Oh my! I don't think I've heard about this possibility of your DD moving away. If it's good for them, then I hope it all works out. I know how it will feel having her so far away from you too with the little ones. It's been hard having my DD and DGD's away from home all these years. I've made the best of it by taking trips once or twice a year to see them. At least it's something. I always thought it would be nice to have the girls visit me, but DD would never let them fly alone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1885
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
just trying to sell my cards. ive some inventory created . I need to make thank you cards. still not sure if im doing the etsy thing or not . im thinking i might for a while so i can use some of their services till i can get my own established.

Im going to order some fiberboard envelopes to ship with. a case has 100. i imagine that will last me a little while .

Brenda thank you for the card. i also wanted to say thanks for the post card from Disney. I don't think i said so before . sorry

does anyone know if the post office is open tomorrow? need more stamps
I'm not positive, but I think it should be open tomorrow. I think they just get today off as a holiday, but don't quote me on that.

Oh, good luck with the business. I still need to get my Etsy store open. Maybe after the first of the year things will slow down a little bit and give me some breating room. Where did you buy your fiberboard envelopes? I need to go to Staples and buy some square padded ones. They have them in the store, but I don't see them online.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #1886
Quacker Stamper

Had a great time at my sis's with all her family and my older bro and his wife and my cousin. My DD was having dinner at her house this year so she could invite her MIL, FIL, and BIL and family over. They don't get together very often because the parents live pretty far away, so it was good that they were able to get together. They will come on our family outing tomorrow.

I feel like a turkey - STUFFED! There was so much food and it was all good.

I'm going to go play in my stamp room for a little while and finish up a DT card that is due on Sunday. Oh, and I need to send off a couple of the recipes I made today.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #1887
Crimping Master

brenda, im gonna try the triple time stamping technique that you love so much
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #1888
Crimping Master

Quote:
brenda, im gonna try the triple time stamping technique that you love so much
took its picture but my knee gave out 2x today,nearly fell both times so its back to elevation and ice.card and camera are in the office. will have to post later.
was so happy yesterday walked the stairs like normal; one foot one step instead of 2 feet on 1 step and leading left each time
Old 11-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #1889
Crimping Master

visited y'all. usually im behind on visits but I think im caught up for now.
hope everybody had a good thanksgiving filled with friends & family
Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #1890
Stampin' Fool

Hi! Just a quick check in. My Thanksgiving was wonderful and my shopping today was also wonderful.............but................now I am not so wonderful......bad stomach I'm off to rest and watch a movie. Will check back in later or tomorrow. Just think I have ate WAY too many things that I am not used to eating. LOL (I did end up heading the cold off at the start so that was good. Thanks for all of the tips Maggie
Old 11-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #1891
Crimping Master

GM
ok y'all. I dont know about you but im ready to be done with this cold weather.my grammy's house was always toasty warm in the winter.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #1892
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
took its picture but my knee gave out 2x today,nearly fell both times so its back to elevation and ice.card and camera are in the office. will have to post later.
was so happy yesterday walked the stairs like normal; one foot one step instead of 2 feet on 1 step and leading left each time
Sorry that you're still having problems with your knee. Hope the ice and elevation will help it and it'll get better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #1893
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi! Just a quick check in. My Thanksgiving was wonderful and my shopping today was also wonderful.............but................now I am not so wonderful......bad stomach I'm off to rest and watch a movie. Will check back in later or tomorrow. Just think I have ate WAY too many things that I am not used to eating. LOL (I did end up heading the cold off at the start so that was good. Thanks for all of the tips Maggie
Hope you are feeling better today. What did you shop for?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #1894
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

We had a great time at Old Town Spring yesterday. There were 20 of us that went. I did get a few Christmas presents bought and we had lunch at Puffabelly's where we eat every year. Crazy! I was still full when we got home later so passed on the leftovers although I did make a plate up for me and brought it home for lunch today.

I think I'm going to have to miss the family fun activity today. I'm officially SICK! I started trying to get sick on Tuesday, but I thought I was able to stave it off. I was awake every hour last night after at 1:15 am. My sinuses are all stuffed up and this morning I have a low grade fever. They are going to the HPD Mounted Patrol stables to see the horses and then going to dinner. If I stay home today, I hope I'll feel better tomorrow to go to the last holiday family activity for this holiday. We have a family dinner for my DGD's birthday and celebrate the 3 other kids' birthdays for December. Then they are going to the Zoo where they have Christmas light display throughout the zoo.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #1895
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Brenda and Brandy, I hope you both are recovering!

Maggie, ugh! That sucks you got sick. I hope you can feel better so you can go celebrate tomorrow.

I am glad your family changed the day to go to Old Town Spring from Sunday. That is so nice your family does so many things during Thanksgiving. I love to go to the zoo and Zoo Lights are always fun to go see.

We didn't go black Friday shopping (I never do) but I did tell DH I needed to go to Ikea. I needed a small desk top to add to my craft space. That photo printer takes up so much room and I was feeling cramped.

We ran in and out pretty quick and then went out to eat. When we got home I put the legs on (I had two extra) and rearranged my space and did some cleaning. Since I moved things around I could slide my Cricut down and give myself more space!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #1896
Stampin' Fool

Hi Gals! I am doing better....just something I ate (I think). Maggie, I hope you feel better soon. Glad you got to enjoy your shopping day though. You asked what I shopped for....well nothing in particular. I really just like being out in the madness. LOL Don't get me wrong I have gifts left to buy for present but on Friday I wasn't too concerned about finding them. I love to go to the Disney Store (surprise LOL) because of the great specials. I did buy there and also at Macy's. We go every year on black Friday to breakfast and shopping. Years ago we would be up super early and to the stores when they opened. That has changed over the years as we have aged and also how the stores open on Thanksgiving. Usually there are four of us that go (my Aunt, Mom, myself and my friend Alana - the one with the chickens). Sometimes a cousin will go. I was also at the mall yesterday. Took DD. Drove across town to her favorite mall. We ate lunch and she got two sweaters and wanted to come home. LOL Last night we trimmed my mom's tree at her house. It is always fun trimming her tree as we all go over trim it and have dinner.

Today I am finishing my decorating. Told DH that what is not put out today goes back in the box. LOL DONE--want to just enjoy it. I am also going to see the movie White Christmas on the big screen. Our local theater is showing a different old Christmas movie every week. White Christmas is one of my favorites. I am off to see it alone. My buddy cancelled on me. I am ok with that though. I don't mind going on my own. I really do not want anyone going with me who doesn't love the movie. I already know there is a lot of singing in it. LOL

Nancy, glad you got your table. (Along with extra legs. LOL Someone else is probably missing legs.)

Have a good day everyone! I hope to update my blog tomorrow and visit all of yours. I have been a slacker lately....sorry!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #1897
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Not much going on here today. No crafting. Just some boring laundry.

Brenda, glad you are feeling better.

I am not looking forward to getting up at 5:30 tomorrow. Is it Christmas break yet? LOL
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #1898
Stazon Splitcoast

HI everyone! I tried to read and catch up. I had to clean house, including my craft room Friday. ( No Black Friday shopping for me) We had overnight company Saturday Sunday. The good kind. Mom and My miracle angel came with her sister and husband. Did me and Mom and my DH a world of good, to see them. Emcouragement and love!
Hope everyone is feeling better. So far I am still well, despite everyone around me having coughs and colds. Next thing is to decorate for Christmas at my house, already decorated Mom's with help of DH. Shopping, maybe i will do cyber thing tomorrow.
Have a nice evening.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 91/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$52.29
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #1899
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

I did not get to do Zoo Lights last night. I was still sick yesterday. I still had low grade fever when I got up so I stayed home and in bed for most of the day. Then I did get up and go to dinner out at Red Robin with the family. There were 32 there. It was my DGD's birthday so I didn't want to miss that. That was probably a mistake I started having chills while I was there and by the time I got home I was shivering a lot. Went right to bed and covered up with all my clothes still on. I shivered until 8:53 - seriously, almost 3 1/2 hours. When it stopped, I took my temp and it was 100.7. It did break during the night, but I"m still not feeling great this morning. But it's back to work. My sis is having the family over for Taco Soup tonight, but not sure I'm going to make it. I've lost so much time this weekend with being sick and not much has gotten done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #1900
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Maggie, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better today.

Hi Sharon, glad you have managed to not get sick!

I can't decorate the tree. DH got the boxes down the other day and yesterday when I went to look for the lights and ornaments, those were no where to be found! He put some in the attic above the garage and forgot! So he got two boxes down last night when he got home but one was outdoor stuff (mostly extension cords and spare bulbs. The other was the ornaments but I still need the lights.

That attic has no lights and it was dark when he was trying to get the right boxes. He needs to put a light up there if he is going to use it for storage!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #1901
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Maggie! I hope it goes away soon....

I have my tree up & decorated....did it on Saturday and I was surprised @ how quickly it went. Now I need to decorate/make other things to make this place look a bit more festive
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #1902
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Hey Nancy!

Sorry about the no lights....I'm looking forward to our meeting @ The Cheesecake Factory! I'll be calling you soon
nhagen and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #1903
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Maggie! I hope it goes away soon....

I have my tree up & decorated....did it on Saturday and I was surprised @ how quickly it went. Now I need to decorate/make other things to make this place look a bit more festive
Thanks Jackie.

I've seen your name over at Paper Playful a few times this week - Flutter By Wednesday and I think Totally Paperlicious and one other one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #1904
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

Maggie, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better today.

Hi Sharon, glad you have managed to not get sick!

I can't decorate the tree. DH got the boxes down the other day and yesterday when I went to look for the lights and ornaments, those were no where to be found! He put some in the attic above the garage and forgot! So he got two boxes down last night when he got home but one was outdoor stuff (mostly extension cords and spare bulbs. The other was the ornaments but I still need the lights.

That attic has no lights and it was dark when he was trying to get the right boxes. He needs to put a light up there if he is going to use it for storage!
Getting there, thanks Nancy.

Sorry about the lights. Hope they turn up soon so you don't have to go get more. Not sure what I'm doing about decorating.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1905
Crimping Master

afternoon ladies
glad y'all are feeling better maggie and brenda
sharon glad you enjoyed having your visitors
nancy im with you about that 5:30 am thing. hopefully you'll be done with your tree soon
jackie glad to hear you're finished with yours

only done a little bit of laundry not near the amount that needs done. boring
Old 12-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #1906
Crimping Master

mornin y'all
its cold this morning. afternoon high temps upper 60's .so far only pretend shopping.. no actual shopping yet. have a card that needs its pic taken, then can post
Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #1907
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #1908
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!
Swamped with stuff here. Just got the date for when I'll be hosting the Polish Sinfonia. Tons to do. But I took time out over the weekend to enjoy some TX music in MO. Pics on my my music blog TheCountryAngel: MERRY TEXAS CHRISTMAS - From Steelville Missouri
Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #1909
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like we've had a couple of sickies on the board. I hope you guys are feeling better. Holidays especially is no time to be sick.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #1910
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you found the lights yet, Nancy? I had to go buy new lights last night. Thus none of the decorating I wanted done by now is accomplished. Going to have to bust today and tomorrow. I go get the girls on Saturday - for 9 days!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #1911
Stazon Splitcoast

How was the movie, Brenda? I LOVE the old movies. I'd have been right beside you trying not to sing along. Our theater did that back in october with classic movies. I wanted to see Gone With the Wind but they showed it the night before we were to leave for Nashville. I'd have never made it out the door by 6 a.m. if I'd gone. LOL
Old 12-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #1912
Stazon Splitcoast

I have tons to do today and tomorrow but wanted to pop in. I get the girls on Saturday for 9 days. We'll be doing lots of baking and candy making. But I MUST get the house decorated before I leave. Probably won't get back in here until after the Sinfonia project.
Hugs!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #1913
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have you found the lights yet, Nancy? I had to go buy new lights last night. Thus none of the decorating I wanted done by now is accomplished. Going to have to bust today and tomorrow. I go get the girls on Saturday - for 9 days!
DH put the ornaments and my lights in the attic over the garage. It got the box ornaments down but there isn't a light up there and it was cold and dark outside the other night. I told him to wait until his day off the get the other box down. That will be tomorrow so I will be able to decorate the tree tomorrow.

I hope next year he remembers where he put everything!

How old are your DGD? That is nice they get to visit for 9 days. I don't bake at Christmas like I used to. That will be fun.
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #1914
Quacker Stamper

Hi ladies! Day is almost over - thank goodness. If it's much longer I might strangle my boss! He's in one of his moods and I'm not in the mood for his mood! LOL!

Hopefully tonight will be an easier night than the last few. Just took some more Advil and Vitamin C. I think tonight I need to go through my Christmas cards and see what I have and what I need. I know I need lots more than I'm going to get done. Also need to work on my DT cards that are coming up so they'll be done for the holidays and I'll get them scheduled on my blog. I hate to do that because then I don't get them linked up to challenges.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1915
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry you boss is not in a good mood Maggie. I hope you can get some sleep tonight!

I was looking at challenges on paper playful a few minutes ago and I saw one of your cards of the Creative Card Crew (I think that is what it was or something that sounds like that LOL). I knew it was your before I saw the name and zoomed on the watermark. Funny how we can recognize each others style (also I think I saw it on your blog) LOLOLOLOL
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1916
Crimping Master

hope you feel better soon Maggie
Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1917
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Sorry you boss is not in a good mood Maggie. I hope you can get some sleep tonight!

I was looking at challenges on paper playful a few minutes ago and I saw one of your cards of the Creative Card Crew (I think that is what it was or something that sounds like that LOL). I knew it was your before I saw the name and zoomed on the watermark. Funny how we can recognize each others style (also I think I saw it on your blog) LOLOLOLOL
Yep, that was me. That was my first DT card for CCC and it is on my blog. In fact, I need to go to the DT Blog and get the images for the next card or two and get working on them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1918
Crimping Master

Nancy is your garage not connected to your house ? When I lived in Pa,the garage was separate from the house. haven't seen that much here if at all

I've been trying to start using pp on my cards more often.do you pick your papers first on your LO's or the pics ?I've been trying that way,but so far it hasn't worked.If anything it tends to block my creative flow.

It may be that I don't have much pp. so far I really don't like the pp choices I made.
Granted I chose them a long time ago and maybe my taste has changed. I dont really know what I'm looking for and I don't want to buy 1 sheet @time.

when we got the basic gray offer, I didn't pick any paper. maybe I was expecting too much. I didnt see anything I couldn't live without. maybe that's not the way to look @it

what do you think?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #1919
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Yes, the garage is attached to the house but the family room has vaulted ceilings and no attic space. The laundry room is between the family room and the garage. The garage has it's own attic space and the rest of the house has it's own attic space.

I attached a basic diagram because it is hard to explain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (33.0 KB, 3 views)
Crafting When We Can
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #1920
Stazon Splitcoast

As far as DP, I choose my pictures first. Sometimes it is basic, Christmas Pix, Christmas DP. But I need to decide which Christmas DP! LOL

Sometimes I pick a color from the pictures to use as the main color theme in my page and find papers that I have the fit that. Sometimes I get inspired by what the pictures are about. For example, I had bowling pictures and it was a birthday event. I wanted to scrap the actual bowling not the gifts and cake (I did that on a separate LO). There were stars on the bowling alley wall above the pins, I had some BasicGrey paper that had stars on the papers and the paper had a wood grain effect on it. So the light bulb goes off and voila, I have a page.

I know what you mean though about having paper and then not knowing what to do with it. I have paper I bought (on sale or I thought I liked it the time) now yrs later I don't like it and I try to use it but it is not working for me!

I have found over the yrs that it is better to buy many sheets in a specific line that all coordinate versus several of the same sheet (or just one) without any coordinating designs. It is really hard to match a sheet of DP with other DP that were not meant to go with each other (diff manufacturers, diff lines, etc). Colors are off, etc etc. Sometimes you can mix and match but it is time consuming to look through your stash to find things that might go together.

I don't usually buy paper for a specific project. I buy paper that I like. I do scrutinize my purchases and I might like something but I don't always buy it if I think it is too specific to something and I don't think I would scrap with it. Does that make sense?

I have a lot of DP and I don't really need more. So I don't buy as much as I used to but it is nice to get newer designs every once in a while.
Crafting When We Can