Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4895Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #1801
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning!

Brenda, glad your husband's surgery went well! I know you said what the surgery was but I forgot already. Was it his foot or something? I hope he isn't the baby type, LOL. I hope his recovery is easy and pain free!!!

Brandy, how is the bursitis? I hope the steroid injection helped.

I have good news. We finally found a house my parents both like and it is only 1.1 miles from my house. They put in an offer yesterday and it was accepted! Whoot whoot

So today we can relax a little. They go back home tomorrow. We are going to have a little mini Thanksgiving dinner with them today since we won't see them next week.
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #1802
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

Brenda, glad your husband's surgery went well! I know you said what the surgery was but I forgot already. Was it his foot or something? I hope he isn't the baby type, LOL. I hope his recovery is easy and pain free!!!

I have good news. We finally found a house my parents both like and it is only 1.1 miles from my house. They put in an offer yesterday and it was accepted! Whoot whoot

So today we can relax a little. They go back home tomorrow. We are going to have a little mini Thanksgiving dinner with them today since we won't see them next week.
it did but then i used my knee a bit ,and its a bit tired
Old 11-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #1803
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hubby came thru surgery well! Glad it is done and now the long road to recovery. I am exhausted from the day. Thank you everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. Kelly I got your PM and sent you one back but not sure if I did it correctly. Hope you received it. Maggie, I did take the boss up on the dinner offer and was extremely glad that I did. Will check back on here this weekend (if not tomorrow) and hop around your blogs this weekend. I am so glad the day is done for today Take care!
I'm so glad that it all went well. How long will his recovery take?

Glad that the boss came through with dinner. One less thing for you to deal with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #1804
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!

Great news about the house and being so close to you. If necessary, it's within walking distance. Would be good for exercise.

Hope you enjoyed the mini dinner.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #1805
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
it did but then i used my knee a bit ,and its a bit tired
Sorry.

I made an appointment with a new massage therapist for Dec. 4. Can't wait to go. She does more in the healing arts than just massage, so I'm hoping that she can help with my various chronic pain areas.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1806
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry.

I made an appointment with a new massage therapist for Dec. 4. Can't wait to go. She does more in the healing arts than just massage, so I'm hoping that she can help with my various chronic pain areas.
i hope she can bring you relief.

we're having some unusually cold weather. normally we dont for awhile longer.used to shorts in December.been wearing long johns all day

g'nite
Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1807
Crimping Master

DH had foot surgery and is doing okay. Starting to have some pain tonight. His post-op appt was this morning and it went well. Much to our surprise he was told he could put weight on his foot starting today and he is now in a walking cast! When he left the hospital yesterday we assumed he would not be able to put weight on it for two weeks. SO glad it was only 24 hrs of non-weight baring. The walking cast has made a BIG difference! In two weeks if all looks good he will graduate to a boot Maybe then he can drive -- we shall see.

Nancy... no, he is not too much of a baby. LOL That's great your parents found a place!! Very nice

Ok gals, I ordered October Afternoon's Santa Sack Week Two. OH MY! I am hooked on these grab boxes of surprises. LOL It really is like Christmas when it comes. LOL This time I will take a picture of the goodies before I put it all away.

DD at a movie tonight with my cousin. They are not due home until midnight I cannot begin to tell you how badly I wish they were not going to be out so late. I am tired. The first two shows they tried to see were sold out. I would of came home, but not them.

My mother in law left today. We will see her late Dec. so not too long between visits this time. She was a big help yesterday with the DH surgery, etc.

My co-worker's daughter had a baby boy today! Very fun for our entire office. (Though they live in CA we are still super excited about this. Hope to see the baby over the holidays when they are here)

Quiet next few days around here and I am ready for it.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #1808
Crimping Master

Quote:
DH had foot surgery and is doing okay. Starting to have some pain tonight. His post-op appt was this morning and it went well. Much to our surprise he was told he could put weight on his foot starting today and he is now in a walking cast! When he left the hospital yesterday we assumed he would not be able to put weight on it for two weeks. SO glad it was only 24 hrs of non-weight baring. The walking cast has made a BIG difference! In two weeks if all looks good he will graduate to a boot Maybe then he can drive -- we shall see.

Nancy... no, he is not too much of a baby. LOL That's great your parents found a place!! Very nice

Ok gals, I ordered October Afternoon's Santa Sack Week Two. OH MY! I am hooked on these grab boxes of surprises. LOL It really is like Christmas when it comes. LOL This time I will take a picture of the goodies before I put it all away.

DD at a movie tonight with my cousin. They are not due home until midnight I cannot begin to tell you how badly I wish they were not going to be out so late. I am tired. The first two shows they tried to see were sold out. I would of came home, but not them.

My mother in law left today. We will see her late Dec. so not too long between visits this time. She was a big help yesterday with the DH surgery, etc.

My co-worker's daughter had a baby boy today! Very fun for our entire office. (Though they live in CA we are still super excited about this. Hope to see the baby over the holidays when they are here)

I just looked @ the santa sack thing.the last one sold out and the new one starts Monday.
WOO HOO I wanna pläy

hey Nancy since you have the touch screen thing,do you know what the thing far bottom right is?its the box with other boxes in it(best guess of a description)
Dont you just love my technical description:thing,thing,boxes LOL

@brenda glad DH is healing so nicely.Hope you enjoy your quiet time

Before Thursday, I want to thank you all for becoming part of my life. I know in the beginning our goal was to create relationships and friendships. I think we have done so much more. I want to thank each for being my friend and allowing me to be yours. love you gals
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, hpyscrpr2 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #1809
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Makes me feel all warm & cozy inside reading your post Brandy!

I called you Maggie.....I guess you're not home LOL!!!

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving & enjoy your time with your loves ones! I'll try to check in more often....life is a bit busy right now
mschoener, nhagen and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #1810
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I can't keep up with you all!
So sorry, that Brandy and Maggie are having pain issues. Sending hugs.
Nancy happy for your good house news.
Hi Jackie!
Brenda, glad surgery went well for DH. I hope you enjoy your quiet time.

Everyone have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #1811
Stazon Splitcoast

Brandy, what box thingy with the boxes in it? Can you post a screen shot?

I don't see anything that looks like what you described. If it's on the start screen with all the tiles, I have moved things around and removed some things.
Crafting When We Can
Old 11-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #1812
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

we're having some unusually cold weather. normally we dont for awhile longer.used to shorts in December.been wearing long johns all day

g'nite
Today it was jeans, sweater and a heavy jacket! I think the high was only in the low 50s. Supposed to be 30's over night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #1813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad that you DH is handling the recovery well. That's great that he's able to put weight on it already.

Darn, I forgot to order that kit last week. I really need to remember to do that this week.

Things have really been hopping at your house. I hope your DD makes it home okay tonight. I don't like to be out late at night myself.

Congrats to your co-worker's daughter on the new baby.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #1814
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Makes me feel all warm & cozy inside reading your post Brandy!

I called you Maggie.....I guess you're not home LOL!!!

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving & enjoy your time with your loves ones! I'll try to check in more often....life is a bit busy right now
Yes, it does. It's so nice that we've all come together here. I think that friends are friends whether online or IRL. I think we need a group hug.

I'm sorry I missed you in the morning when I was out grocery shopping, but we did chat later this afternoon. It was great talking to you. Sorry I wasn't much help.

I was out this afternoon at the Eagle Scout Court of Honor for one of my great nephew's. He's done an awesome job and has overcome some hard trials in his short life. I may have told you about him. He has very debilitating migraines and has had to be homeschooled for the last two years. He used to be on the swim team at school and in the marching band and has had to give all that up. He did go back to school this year for about a month or so but then had to quit and stay at home again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
ScrappinCEO, nhagen and smadson like this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #1815
Crimping Master

Quote:
Brandy, what box thingy with the boxes in it? Can you post a screen shot?

I don't see anything that looks like what you described. If it's on the start screen with all the tiles, I have moved things around and removed some things.
its on the touch screen keyboard. it wont let you(screenshot it). I tried to screenshot it.didn't work. its like trying to screenshot a popup that goes away when you touch the actual keyboard. you may not have seen it if you use the laptop keyboard. I don't like laptop keyboards. can't type on them worth a darn
before the touchscreen,I used to connect a regular keyboard to the laptop and a mouse.didn't like touch pads either. i liked the scroll wheel and programmable buttons. I had a trackball that finger controlled as opposed to thumb controlled and had 5 programmable buttons. no more double clicking was great in itself
Old 11-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #1816
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
its on the touch screen keyboard. it wont let you(screenshot it). I tried to screenshot it.didn't work. its like trying to screenshot a popup that goes away when you touch the actual keyboard. you may not have seen it if you use the laptop keyboard. I don't like laptop keyboards. can't type on them worth a darn
before the touchscreen,I used to connect a regular keyboard to the laptop and a mouse.didn't like touch pads either. i liked the scroll wheel and programmable buttons. I had a trackball that finger controlled as opposed to thumb controlled and had 5 programmable buttons. no more double clicking was great in itself
It's a toggle to change the touchscreen's keyboard. You can toggle to a split keyboard with the number pad in the middle, you can toggle to a way to write on the screen with your finger and it inserts the text into an email or document or whatever you are working on, then it toggles to no keyboard, and it toggles back to a regular keyboard. There are 4 toggles when you select that thingy.
Crafting When We Can
Old 11-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #1817
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Don't you just love the electronic technical language - "that thingy"
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #1818
Crimping Master

Quote:
It's a toggle to change the touchscreen's keyboard. You can toggle to a split keyboard with the number pad in the middle, you can toggle to a way to write on the screen with your finger and it inserts the text into an email or document or whatever you are working on, then it toggles to no keyboard, and it toggles back to a regular keyboard. There are 4 toggles when you select that thingy.
cool.thanks. must have hit it the other day as i got to see the keyboard keys change just like you describe
Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #1819
Crimping Master

Morning Y'all
I'm playing with the keyboard the- Writing part YUK. I was having to write one letter @a time rather than words and TONS of editing. most annoying. wondjer if it has any other uses
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1820
Stazon Splitcoast

I just typed this in cursive using the write feature. In cursive. I hit insert after the word cursive and after this sentence. I love this!
Crafting When We Can
Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #1821
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I need to still read what I write before I post. J wrote cursive twice. LOL

Technology can't fix everything!

I kind of like this feature. I am having way to much fun!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1822
Crimping Master

Checking in gals. All going okay here. It's true what they say...pain and swelling are worse on days two and three. Hubby not feeling well I am getting good at being a waitress. I even have a tray I am carrying. LOL I have made more cups of coffee in the last two days than I have in my entire life! LOL I am a tea drinker so the coffee thing is new. Hubby likes his coffee. All kidding aside, I am not complaining....just getting used to the new "us" for the next few weeks. I already miss him being able to drive.

DD saw Catching Fire on Friday. She loved it. They never got home until 12:30 in the morning. Next time I hope my cousin pre-buys the movie tickets so they get into an earlier show.

We have had TONS of rain here this weekend. Today it is sunny though

I hope to decorate the house for Christmas today or tomorrow. The tree has been up for awhile and out door lights done prior to the surgery. I have waited on the knick knacks though. Those don't require my DH help.

I like the 'group hug" Maggie! So cute!!

Nancy...you are SO good on that computer. I wish I was.

I am off to eat breakfast and then go for a quick walk. Weather is too nice to pass up a walk. Talk with you all later.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #1823
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi all, sorry I've been mia. I have been a it under the weather and scrapin an blogging taken aback seat to holiday prep before surgery Dec 2. I'll let yo all know how things go and hope to e back to my routine for the new year.

Happy Holidays!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #1824
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes group hug! Thank you Maggie! Sometimes, i get to really feeling sorry for myself. DH is so good to me. He is sick with bad cold and cough. I am trying not to get it. Last week spent parts of two days at hospital with friend with brain surgery. They took out mass and now we are waiting for results. Praying it is not cancerous. Her three daughters stayed with us a few days, now they are staying with other friends. They all had colds and coughs too. Need prayers I don't get it, so I won't give it to Mom.

Yes, we all need hugs. I am so thankful for you all and your prayers and encouragement. You know, even my grown kids living in other states, don't know as much as you guys what we are going thru.
love and hugs
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #1825
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girlies!

Brenda, glad you are getting the hang of waiting on DH. LOL I hope the swelling goes down soon and he can start feeling a little better.

Joyce, I hope your feeling better. Surgery? Did you mention this before and I didn't see it? Every one is having surgery. I hope it is something minor and I hope you are feeling better and not sick before the day of surgery so they don't post pone it.

Sharon, I hope you can keep from getting sick too. You definitely don't want your mom to catch it. I think Maggie has some cold remedies for your DH. I think some sage tea maybe with honey. I don't remember.

Maggie, what did you fix for dinner tonight? Did you DD and her family come over for dinner?

Brandy, I hope your knee is starting to feel better.
Crafting When We Can
smadson likes this post.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1826
Crimping Master

Evening ladies' hey this cursive thing would probably work better if I had betteR handwriting It's more like chicken scratch With both cases Not very legible Have to admit its not half bad, Some days I cant read it myself
Sharon I saw you had viewed my flapper girl. that's what I want to put on your Moms card. hope_ you don't get sick either
NancY glad you like this feature .Am slowly getting more use out of 8
Maggie cute group hug
Joyce, didn't know you were having surgery. hope it goes well
Brenda Glad your DH is on the mend. I can just see you carrying that tray for DH I bet you were just cute as a button.
I think that covers everything
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #1827
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Crafting When We Can
Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #1828
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Good morning.

Thanks. Its a complication from my previous esophugus surgery. Long story, but I was pretty sick last year. We had thought all was healing well until about 3 weeks ago. They think I have an ulcer on my esophugus wher the previous surgery was. They put me on some meds in hopes of taking care of the infection as well as heal the ulcer. They will take a look on the 2nd, if it seems to be healing then they will let it heal in its own. If it is something else yen they will remove it. The last time they had to remove something it was the size of a fist, I ended up with a pic line and not able to eat or drnk for 7 months. But I'm not nearly as sick as I was then, and actually feeling quite a bit better back on the meds.

Thanks for your well wishes. As far as the holidays go we are pretty much ready. We even decorated the tree yesterday. I wanted to have everything done before the 2 nd just in case the surgery is more invasive then we hope.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #1829
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning!
Good morning
too bad it can't copy your handwriting directly to the screen.that would be cool
definitely cold today.think it will top out at 36°

Reading A book called Mastering paint dot net. hopefully will do some good

have A great day
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #1830
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning gals. Just a quick pop in before I start the deep clean process on the living room/ dining room. I need one room per day this week so I can decorate next week... before I go get my granddaughters for 9 days! Color me a happy grandma
Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #1831
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
it was. only i sent it on the same day as the bflies. according to the post office latest date should have been 11/12 not 11/19. was it damaged? should have been several more .
there was a pack of 36 and a pack of 24 plus 12 more, unless i didnt get some in there. it barely held all of them as it was
Envelope was well in tact. Didn't look damaged. There were 22 Fine tip and 34 Utlra Fine As to the delay, I'm sure the envelope sat in KC for a few days. Vikki and I can attest to that happens a lot!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #1832
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Vikki Jo. I didn't realize that you didn't have internet at your house. That would not be good for me! I have not idea around town where they have free WiFi except at the library and some McDonald's.

I like Pinterest, but I don't spend a lot of time on it. It can get very addicting. I put lots of stuff on there and then forget to go look at it.
Start a pinterest day on your blog. Assign one day a week where you will showcase your version of a Pinterest idea.

Maybe we could all do that? Or even 1 a month?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #1833
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
tooooo much stuff to weed thru.haystacks and toooo many needles. kinda like twitter dont see what the fuss is about
Twitter has 2 uses. Which one you choose - or none at all - depends on your needs
1) a massive chat fest.
2) business

I use mine for the latter and have made amazing connections for my music and writing business there. I get to twitter a lot more than I do FB because the business end is so fine-tuned on twitter.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #1834
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Yes group hug! Thank you Maggie! Sometimes, i get to really feeling sorry for myself. DH is so good to me. He is sick with bad cold and cough. I am trying not to get it. Last week spent parts of two days at hospital with friend with brain surgery. They took out mass and now we are waiting for results. Praying it is not cancerous. Her three daughters stayed with us a few days, now they are staying with other friends. They all had colds and coughs too. Need prayers I don't get it, so I won't give it to Mom.

Yes, we all need hugs. I am so thankful for you all and your prayers and encouragement. You know, even my grown kids living in other states, don't know as much as you guys what we are going thru.
love and hugs
Sharon... minimum of 2000 mg of Vitamin C a day. When Adrian and I got sick, I popped that 2x a day. Also a great preventative when you take it daily.

Doctor recommended this to a guy who works as a prison guard so he didn't catch all the junk floating around the prison. He's sick maybe 1 time a year.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #1835
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default yeah

Quote:
Hi Vikki Jo. I didn't realize that you didn't have internet at your house. That would not be good for me! I have not idea around town where they have free WiFi except at the library and some McDonald's.

I like Pinterest, but I don't spend a lot of time on it. It can get very addicting. I put lots of stuff on there and then forget to go look at it.
McDonalds. But they don't want you there more than 30 if u are not eating.

Pinterest is my addiction. I load the page as much as i can then look at it at home, but I can't like or pin anything that way
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #1836

Quote:
Nice to see almost our whole group on the thread Nancy, enjoy your parents visit. Maggie sounds like you have been having fun Kelly, good to hear from you and same with Vikki Jo and Sharon Glad you are all good. Now, Miss Brandy...I hope you get back to feeling better. I feel bad for you. NO fun having pain all the time. I would not have looked at that shot either YIKES!
So hubby has surgery on Thursday..I hope I don't faint. LOL Really do not do well in these situations. His mom will be here and now my Aunt is coming too. LOL I hope to leave them in the waiting area and go walk while he is in. We have to be at the surgery center by 6 am (UGH). I will be practically sleep walking there. LOL My boss offered to bring us dinner that night. Is that not the sweetest thing? I really didn't know what to say. I was surprised. So...silly me told him he didn't need to do that. He told me to let him know tomorrow. If he does offer again I am taking him up on it. So nice and thoughtful!
That's the latest. Take care everyone! Just want you all to know how thankful I am for our little thread and all of your friendship! I know I am a week early of Thanksgiving but want to make sure you all know it. See you back here soon
Hugs and prayers for the best!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #1837

Default Good

Quote:
Hubby came thru surgery well! Glad it is done and now the long road to recovery. I am exhausted from the day. Thank you everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. Kelly I got your PM and sent you one back but not sure if I did it correctly. Hope you received it. Maggie, I did take the boss up on the dinner offer and was extremely glad that I did. Will check back on here this weekend (if not tomorrow) and hop around your blogs this weekend. I am so glad the day is done for today Take care!
Glad all went well.

Didn't realize I was so far behind again already
Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #1838

Quote:
Good morning!

That's awesome and really fast! 1 mile is only 12 blocks
Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #1839

Quote:
Sorry.

I seriously miss acupuncture, but work comp won't pay for any more visits because it wasn't 100% helpful
OMG I really notice how helpful it really was now that I am without it.
I start Massage Therapy Dec 3rd.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #1840

Quote:

g'nite

Yeah it's been 10 degrees here lately and below zero at night. so odd feeling with no snow yet