In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4864Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #1681
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,146
Default

Good morning! I did a Blog post for WOYWW this week and last. I can hardly keep up with just once a week. LOL

Today I am going to work on the SCS mix med challenge and the free for all. I can combine them.

Have a great day everyone!
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #1682
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi gals! Maggie have fun this weekend!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Nancy and Brandy let me know how you like Windows 8. I have had it for almost a year...got it right after it came out. Did not plan it that way but was in need of a laptop and that was all they had. I really have never got the hang of it. I tend to always go to my "desktop" tile and work from there. Maybe you guys will give me some pointers on how to get used to all the tiles, etc. I do know that I don't utilize it to its capability.

Kelly, sorry you have a cold. Feel better.

Sharon thanks for the beautiful card. I got it today. It was a nice surprise in my mailbox.

I'm off to sleep. DD has to be to school by 7 am tomorrow. She is in band and they are playing at the Veterans Day school breakfast tomorrow. (Not Veterans Day yet but they are off school on Monday) can't believe on my day off I am getting up earlier than a work day! LOL
I like the tiles! I have already removed some, added some, moved them around, and resized some!

My laptop has a touchscreen so I like being able to swipe across the screen to get to open windows, I like the internet app better than Explorer. I like to touch the screen to scroll through web sites and click on links versus using the touchpad. If a program needs to run in the desktop, it will open there when I click on the tile for that program. I don't like the old desktop and only go there if the program takes me there or if I am not sure how to get to something the new way, LOL.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #1683
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I like the tiles! I have already removed some, added some, moved them around, and resized some!

My laptop has a touchscreen so I like being able to swipe across the screen to get to open windows, I like the internet app better than Explorer. I like to touch the screen to scroll through web sites and click on links versus using the touchpad. If a program needs to run in the desktop, it will open there when I click on the tile for that program. I don't like the old desktop and only go there if the program takes me there or if I am not sure how to get to something the new way, LOL.
havent gotten that far yet. still waaaay too used to the old style windows. i have the tou.ch screen thing 2'. believe it or not i spent most of my time trying to make it do a
proper shutdown

the sad thing is I used do tech support.I still can support up thru 7 with relative ease.control panels still has a lot of the same stuff, it just took about 30 seconds to find it. the desktop tile put me where I could work from to get things started

It has this annoying ease of use feature called narrator.If I had known it part of that cp group,I could have disabled the monster a little easier.
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #1684
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
havent gotten that far yet. still waaaay too used to the old style windows. i have the tou.ch screen thing 2'. believe it or not i spent most of my time trying to make it do a
proper shutdown

the sad thing is I used do tech support.I still can support up thru 7 with relative ease.control panels still has a lot of the same stuff, it just took about 30 seconds to find it. the desktop tile put me where I could work from to get things started

It has this annoying ease of use feature called narrator.If I had known it part of that cp group,I could have disabled the monster a little easier.
That narrator feature sounds annoying.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #1685
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #1686
Stazon Splitcoast
 
hpyscrpr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Happyland
Posts: 26,840
Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2
Default

I received a box of beautiful butterflies in the mail today! Thank you Brandy....the box was pretty smashed up but the butterflies survived
hpyscrpr2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1687
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Thanks Brandy for the box of pretty butterflies.

The post office smashed mine as well, despite the fragile sticker. I was able to take the lid off and straighten it up though so no worries.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #1688
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Thanks Brandy for the box of pretty butterflies.

The post office smashed mine as well, despite the fragile sticker. I was able to take the lid off and straighten it up though so no worries.
sorry . i will use some bubble wrap next time.crud that means they probably broke Kel's. I hope not
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #1689
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #1690
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Thanks Brandy for the box of pretty butterflies.

The post office smashed mine as well, despite the fragile sticker. I was able to take the lid off and straighten it up though so no worries.
sorry . i will use some bubble wrap next time.
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #1691
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
sorry . i will use some bubble wrap next time.
Oops. typo.have forgotten how to edit. kelly already has hers.I think I mailed 6 that day.4 more to go.
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #1692
Crimping Master
 
pinkdisneychick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I like the tiles! I have already removed some, added some, moved them around, and resized some!

My laptop has a touchscreen so I like being able to swipe across the screen to get to open windows, I like the internet app better than Explorer. I like to touch the screen to scroll through web sites and click on links versus using the touchpad. If a program needs to run in the desktop, it will open there when I click on the tile for that program. I don't like the old desktop and only go there if the program takes me there or if I am not sure how to get to something the new way, LOL.
You're so good Nancy! I wish I could just go with it. NOPE...always at the desktop. LOL Maybe I need to pretend that the desktop feature does not exist.LOL That way I would be forced to use the tiles. My system just updated its version of Windows. I am noticing some changes.

Brandy... Thank you VERY much for the beautiful butterflies. I love them
__________________
Brenda "Pinkdisneychick01"
Blog:www.disneygirlcrafts.com
DT Member: Scrapbook Blessings Club
pinkdisneychick01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #1693
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

I have always just jumped in with new technology. I like the new interface. I haven't really looked at all the apps in the store. I like the mail app and the weather app.

I was using my old laptop earlier for something and I kept touching the screen trying to scroll and click on things, LOLOLOLOL!

I remember years ago at work when they had touchscreens on some of the computers (this was 1988, mind you). This was back in the day of MS DOS and using the function keys. Someone always was at someone desk looking over their shoulder and would touch the screen when looking at something and not realize that person had a touch screen and then the computer would "do something."

So funny it has taken over 20 yrs for touch screens to come back!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #1694
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ibalady12 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #1695
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I have always just jumped in with new technology. I like the new interface. I haven't really looked at all the apps in the store. I like the mail app and the weather app.

I was using my old laptop earlier for something and I kept touching the screen trying to scroll and click on things, LOLOLOLOL!

I remember years ago at work when they had touchscreens on some of the computers (this was 1988, mind you). This was back in the day of MS DOS and using the function keys. Someone always was at someone desk looking over their shoulder and would touch the screen when looking at something and not realize that person had a touch screen and then the computer would "do something."

So funny it has taken over 20 yrs for touch screens to come back!
I agree about the touch pads. i always connected a mouse and keyboard,especially for scrolling and right clicking

yesterday i shrunk everything, not realizing how I did it. I decided yesterday to do the 2 monitor thing about the same time. I was actually trying to use the 2nd monitor. it actually turned out to be hindrance. I eventually got frustrated with it and went old school,copying &pasting between apps.I'll work on it again when im alittle less behind.

im caught up to the beginning of Oct. the butterflies finished up september for me LOL
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #1696
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Oh, Maggie, you are so good with your Copics,; are you teaching! Sounds like a lot of fun!
So happy you get to do this!
Thanks Sharon. No, wasn't the one teaching, just one of the students. I have lots to learn. We had 2 instructors - Colleen Schaan and Cindy Lawrence. I had a fabulous time. I had taken classes from Colleen before and she's so super sweet, she's like an old friend. This was the first time that I met Cindy, and she is such a nice person. The classes were very intense. Lots to learn and things to do. Airbrushing was really hard for me and I can see that I'm going to have to take the time to really practice learning how to do that.

My goal is to be a Copic teacher one day. I'd love to work for one of the stores - Archiver's, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's and teach Copic classes. We learned how to use them on other things besides paper this weekend. Some of them were very interesting.

__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #1697
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
All y'alls pkgs finally went in the mail today. terrible isn't?seems like getting to the mailbox to send would be right next after completion. Nope.at least not this time. I'll do better next time I hope<3
That was so sweet of you Brandy. I'll be on the lookout for it. I think since today is Veteran's Day, it's a holiday so no mail.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1698
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thanks Sharon. No, wasn't the one teaching, just one of the students. I have lots to learn. We had 2 instructors - Colleen Schaan and Cindy Lawrence. I had a fabulous time. I had taken classes from Colleen before and she's so super sweet, she's like an old friend. This was the first time that I met Cindy, and she is such a nice person. The classes were very intense. Lots to learn and things to do. Airbrushing was really hard for me and I can see that I'm going to have to take the time to really practice learning how to do that.

My goal is to be a Copic teacher one day. I'd love to work for one of the stores - Archiver's, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's and teach Copic classes. We learned how to use them on other things besides paper this weekend. Some of them were very interesting.

glad you enjoyed. im sure you'll reach your to teach
ibalady12 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #1699
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi gals! Maggie have fun this weekend!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Nancy and Brandy let me know how you like Windows 8. I have had it for almost a year...got it right after it came out. Did not plan it that way but was in need of a laptop and that was all they had. I really have never got the hang of it. I tend to always go to my "desktop" tile and work from there. Maybe you guys will give me some pointers on how to get used to all the tiles, etc. I do know that I don't utilize it to its capability.

Kelly, sorry you have a cold. Feel better.

Sharon thanks for the beautiful card. I got it today. It was a nice surprise in my mailbox.

I'm off to sleep. DD has to be to school by 7 am tomorrow. She is in band and they are playing at the Veterans Day school breakfast tomorrow. (Not Veterans Day yet but they are off school on Monday) can't believe on my day off I am getting up earlier than a work day! LOL
Thanks Brenda. Had a fabulous time. There were a few hiccups along the way, but still was able to enjoy every minute of it. I should have gotten to my hotel about 8 or 8:30 and ended up not getting there until after 10. I had a hard time finding the right exit off the freeway. It turned out that it was a left exit (the only one) and I was looking for it on the right side. I went off the freeway to go call my GF who lives up near Dallas to see if she could help me. I pulled into a Jack in the Box and parked and some man walked over to my car and was talking to me, so I rolled down my window and he said that I had a board stuck to my back tire. Sure enough I got out of the car and there it was. Ugh! I told him thanks for letting me know and he left and I called my GF. While I was talking to her I saw a guy in a truck close by and he had his truck door open fiddlin with something, so I walked over there and asked him if he could change a tire. I was lucky because I have a full tire that I keep in my trunk. He very nicely came over and changed it for me and wouldn't take anything for it. He was meeting a friend and going to a meeting the next day. After I got that taken care of, it still took me at least another hour to find the right road to the hotel and get checked in.

Friday morning when I got up, I logged on my computer and looked through my e-mails. I didn't have time to get on SCS or anything then, but I did delete the e-mails that I didn't need. When we took a lunch break I went back up to my room and logged on again - or tried to. My computer crashed!!!!!!! It wouldn't let me even get into it. My profile somehow got corrupted and it wouldn't load it. So that was that for awhile. After our workshops and the Critique session, it was ab out 8:15 and I went back up to my room and called my GF. Her DH is a whiz at computer. I'm not sure exactly what he used to do for a job, but he's a big consultant now to a lot of the colleges around Texas. He comes down to Baylor and Rice and last week was down at Texas A&M on a consulting job. Anyway, I talked to him for awhile and he was able to walk me through to get on in Safe Mode and I was able to access my desktop and documents.

Then on Saturday it was down again. On my lunch break I was able to get back on it in Safe Mode, but it said that my Start Up Menu or something was corrupt and did I want it to fix it. Of course I said yes, so it started a repair and then did a system restore, so I was back in business.

On Sunday I went to IHOP to meet my GF and her DH for brunch. I still wanted him to look at it, but didn't know if IHOP had WiFi or not, so we went back to the hotel where I had access and he was able to go through a bunch of different things to get my profile restored. We also worked on the cursor wonkiness and he confirmed that the touch pad on the laptop was set to very sensitive, so he lowered that to see if it would help. It has a little bit, but it's still giving me fits. The only way to avoid it is to turn off the touch pad and just use the mouse, but sometimes I like using the touch pad, so I'm not doing that.

Luckily the drive home was uneventful. I made one stop to gas up the car and get something to eat and was home before 5.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #1700
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I like the tiles! I have already removed some, added some, moved them around, and resized some!

My laptop has a touchscreen so I like being able to swipe across the screen to get to open windows, I like the internet app better than Explorer. I like to touch the screen to scroll through web sites and click on links versus using the touchpad. If a program needs to run in the desktop, it will open there when I click on the tile for that program. I don't like the old desktop and only go there if the program takes me there or if I am not sure how to get to something the new way, LOL.
Sounds more like an iPad than a laptop. I hope I don't have to get a new computer for a long time. I don't deal with drastic change too well.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #1701
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

I was hoping to get a lot done today. Started out with a trip to the Discount Tire store to get my tire fixed and the spare needed air. Another hiccup - the tire was damaged in such a way that it could not be repaired. It had 2 holes in it right close together and he said they couldn't fix it like that. He also told me that I needed new tires very soon. The back 2 still had some tread on them, but the front ones were pretty worn. When he was done looking the car over, he told me that they didn't have the tire they needed in stock but had to order it and I could go back this afternoon and they'd put it on, but would still need one for the other side. I ended up ordering 4 tires and made an appointment for Saturday morning to go have them put on.

I had lunch plans with a couple ladies from church and that was fun. We went to a Turkish restaurant that one of them frequents a lot because it's close to where she works. Her DD works with her so she came along and another one of her co-workers so we had a party. The food was excellent. I decided to go by the grocery store on my way home instead of doing that after the tires this morning. I've spent most of the rest of the day putting together the kits for the Monthly Challenge group that I'm in. It was my turn for November, but I didn't get it all ready before I went to Dallas. I finally finished them up tonight and still have to print out some labels for them and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.


I can't believe that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Today was like a taste of what it would be like to be retired. I LOVED it!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
nhagen likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #1702
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Tomorrow night I get to go see Josh Groban! I'm so excited. Can't wait. I'm going with the girl that we went to have lunch with today. It's the first concert I've been to in a long time besides TSO.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #1703
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Maggie, you had a an adventure this weekend! I guess you ran over that board. That sucked but you were lucky nice people helped you out. I can't imagine if you had gotten back on the freeway with that board stuck to your tire!

I hope your computer is working better now!

You sure had a busy day off too. Glad you had a nice lunch/party! LOL

Have fun at your concert!!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #1704
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,146
Default

What a week-end Maggie! So nice of that guy to change your tire. We met someone nice like that about 5 years ago coming home from Niagara Falls. They wouldn't take anything either. People are soooo nice aren't they. Sometimes you just hear the bad things.
Glad your computer is fixed, too.
BTW; if you all are interested, I posted a scrappage of my Mom for VSBN.
It shows how she looked just at Christmas. She doesn't look like that anymore. But she still has her smile in her eyes.
Here is MOM.
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #1705
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, you had a an adventure this weekend! I guess you ran over that board. That sucked but you were lucky nice people helped you out. I can't imagine if you had gotten back on the freeway with that board stuck to your tire!

I hope your computer is working better now!

You sure had a busy day off too. Glad you had a nice lunch/party! LOL

Have fun at your concert!!
Yes, I did. The board must have been laying there on the ground when I pulled into the Jack in the Box because I would not have been able to drive with it attached to my tire. It is nice to know that there are helpful people out there that are trustworthy.

I'm able to get on now without a problem, but the cursor is still wonky and it probably will be until I disable the touchpad. I've never had a problem like this before.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #1706
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
What a week-end Maggie! So nice of that guy to change your tire. We met someone nice like that about 5 years ago coming home from Niagara Falls. They wouldn't take anything either. People are soooo nice aren't they. Sometimes you just hear the bad things.
Glad your computer is fixed, too.
BTW; if you all are interested, I posted a scrappage of my Mom for VSBN.
It shows how she looked just at Christmas. She doesn't look like that anymore. But she still has her smile in her eyes.
Here is MOM.
The photos of your mom really stand out on your layout. You were very creative using those ornaments as little journaling tags. Great way to capture a fond memory of your mom at a happier time.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #1707
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!

Sharon, I left you some love on your scrap page. That's great you have some recent photos to remember how your mom used to look. Even though she doesn't look the same, It sounds like she is still happy and full of life.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #1708
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #1709
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Good morning Nancy and the rest of the Paper Bloggers!

Had an awesome time last night at the Josh Groban concert! Wow! He is just incredible and such a powerful amazing voice. Such a personable young man also. I didn't realize how young he really is. Multi-talented with his vocal, piano, and DRUMS! A man after my own heart. I love drums.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #1710
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Brandy, I wanted to let you know that I got my box of butterflies yesterday. So very pretty. Thank you so much for this. And the package came all intact - no rips or tears and the box was perfect! The postal people took excellent care of it for me. Which is very surprising because while I was gone, i got a notice from my insurance company for a new monthly amount for my car insurance and there was a big chunk out of the notice - envelope and paper and it was right where the amount of the bill was. Luckily, it's a bank draft so I don't have to know how much it is. If it went up, it will only be a tiny bit.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #1711
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Maggie, glad you had a great time at the concert!

I actually got some time to scrap two days in a row and I finished two pages!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, hpyscrpr2 and smadson like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #1712
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,146
Default

JCI

Posted another BLOG post today. Am working on VSBN scrapbook challenges.
thanks Maggie for the love on my Mom's page. I posted it on my Blog, too. Didn't know I was going to do that.
Mom has a cough, and then I have problems with Hospice. But I have to praise God for good things that are going on. God has provided help, and other things too. Just getting worn down I think. Scrapping and playing on SCS is an outlet for me!
Nancy, I see you are playing VSBN too. And thanks for visiting my BLog.
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, nhagen and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #1713
Crimping Master
 
pinkdisneychick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,116
Default

Hi Gals! Just checking in and catching up. My mother in law arrived yesterday. She is here until 11/22. Good to see her. She surprised us and has braces on her upper teeth. On top of the braces she bought a hair piece....a ponytail. LOL I laughed right out loud...told her she looks like a teenager....braces and a ponytail. Honestly, though, you can't tell the ponytail is fake. I think my DD is slightly disturbed by her Grandmas behavior. LOL I think it's amazing how she ( my mother in law) is and views things. So positive and upbeat!
My boss's wedding on Saturday was beautiful and perfect in every way!
Maggie, what a time you've had! The classes you were in for the Copics sound amazing! Glad the concert was great. Hope your computer straightens itself out. I am not good with computer problems at all. Mine just did a Windows update. In the process my audio driver became uninstalled and I had no sound. Luckily, DH figured it out.
Nancy, loved the layout you did with the hand print!
I did visit some of the blogs today. Hope to check on the rest tomorrow.
Take care...I'm off to sleep.
__________________
Brenda "Pinkdisneychick01"
Blog:www.disneygirlcrafts.com
DT Member: Scrapbook Blessings Club
pinkdisneychick01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #1714
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Good morning!

Brenda, that is funny about your MIL and your daughter's reaction. Kids are funny.

My oldest DD once made a comment about women cutting their hair short when they get older and told me not to do that! LOL

Busy day today. The leaves have finally come down off the trees in the front yard. Still plenty on the trees waiting for me to clean the front yard so they can drop and make me do it again! LOL

So that's my plan today to start getting the leaves to the curb for leaf pick up next week. It's a big job.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #1715
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
JCI

Posted another BLOG post today. Am working on VSBN scrapbook challenges.
thanks Maggie for the love on my Mom's page. I posted it on my Blog, too. Didn't know I was going to do that.
Mom has a cough, and then I have problems with Hospice. But I have to praise God for good things that are going on. God has provided help, and other things too. Just getting worn down I think. Scrapping and playing on SCS is an outlet for me!
Nancy, I see you are playing VSBN too. And thanks for visiting my BLog.
Yep, I made another page yesterday for VSBN but still need to take the picture. It doesn't seem like many people are playing. The last VSBN I didn't play because nine of the challenges inspired me. I like this round much better.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #1716
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, glad you had a great time at the concert!

I actually got some time to scrap two days in a row and I finished two pages!
I am going to make blog rounds today - either at lunch or this evening. Can't wait to see what you got done.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #1717
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi Gals! Just checking in and catching up. My mother in law arrived yesterday. She is here until 11/22. Good to see her. She surprised us and has braces on her upper teeth. On top of the braces she bought a hair piece....a ponytail. LOL I laughed right out loud...told her she looks like a teenager....braces and a ponytail. Honestly, though, you can't tell the ponytail is fake. I think my DD is slightly disturbed by her Grandmas behavior. LOL I think it's amazing how she ( my mother in law) is and views things. So positive and upbeat!
My boss's wedding on Saturday was beautiful and perfect in every way!
Maggie, what a time you've had! The classes you were in for the Copics sound amazing! Glad the concert was great. Hope your computer straightens itself out. I am not good with computer problems at all. Mine just did a Windows update. In the process my audio driver became uninstalled and I had no sound. Luckily, DH figured it out.
Nancy, loved the layout you did with the hand print!
I did visit some of the blogs today. Hope to check on the rest tomorrow.
Take care...I'm off to sleep.
LOL! That's funny that your MIL is making your DD disturbed. Go Granny! If it makes her happy, then why not. My hair has gotten long enough to put it up in the back. I've just been twisting it and then holding it up with a clip. You will not believe how many people have told me how great it looks. Go figure.

So is the boss out on a honeymoon?

I will have to take some time to tell you all about the classes. I've been so busy with stuff that I really haven't had the time to go through all the things that we did.

My computer is doing well for now, but I don't think it's really "fixed." It still has little glitches, like crashing when it's starting up, but then it reboots itself and it's fine.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #1718
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

Brenda, that is funny about your MIL and your daughter's reaction. Kids are funny.

My oldest DD once made a comment about women cutting their hair short when they get older and told me not to do that! LOL

Busy day today. The leaves have finally come down off the trees in the front yard. Still plenty on the trees waiting for me to clean the front yard so they can drop and make me do it again! LOL

So that's my plan today to start getting the leaves to the curb for leaf pick up next week. It's a big job.
I like mine about the length that it is now - down to my shoulders so I can put it up in the back when I don't feel like it or don't have the time to curl it. My hair is baby fine and naturally straight! It does not hold a curl very well especially in the Texas humid weather.

I am a tad disappointed. My new tree in my yard is supposed to be a Red Maple, but the leaves sure haven't turned red yet. I hope they do or I may have to get a replacement tree. I hate raking leaves and my kids always did too. Nice that the yard man does that now with his mower. You need to get a mower with a bag on the side that will pick them up for you.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #1719
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I like mine about the length that it is now - down to my shoulders so I can put it up in the back when I don't feel like it or don't have the time to curl it. My hair is baby fine and naturally straight! It does not hold a curl very well especially in the Texas humid weather.

I am a tad disappointed. My new tree in my yard is supposed to be a Red Maple, but the leaves sure haven't turned red yet. I hope they do or I may have to get a replacement tree. I hate raking leaves and my kids always did too. Nice that the yard man does that now with his mower. You need to get a mower with a bag on the side that will pick them up for you.
ill take a picture of the front yard before. Its a big yard and DH doesn't always put the bag on the mower. He has to stop every couple of minutes to empty it!

We have a leaf blower with a bag but same thing, it fills up in a few minutes and needs to be emptied. It has a blower too. So we should be able to blow them to the curb. the leaf pickup is next week sometime.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #1720
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,700
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Is it just me or is every one missing their edit buttons?

I forgot to say, that is too bad about your maple. We had red maples at our old house. Very pretty in the fall.

Also, I like your hair when we saw you at Scrapfest. You need to update your avatar with that hairstyle.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off