Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4849Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #1561
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Ladies.
Busy Saturday here.
Today I need to get the apple pie baked for the benefit, run music promos, drop the pie off, cover the fall festival in town the opposite direction for the paper then go back to the benefit. Probably won't stay long there. Not comfortable at those things without Bob... and he won't be home until Wednesday.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #1562
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers. I slept really good last night and didn't wake up until 8, well I woke up at 4, but went back to sleep. Kitties were all waiting for breakfast. Going to be an easy day for me. I hope I don't waste it.

Kelly, have a fun day with all your activities today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #1563
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Good morning!
I guess my 10 day vacation has turned into a month. I'm hoping things are back to normal now so I can get crafty and get something on my neglected blog.

Hope you all are doing well. Off to check out your blogs.
Welcome back Joyce! Hope the trip was fun!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #1564
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
She finally called me later after I got home. Big misunderstanding. She was really sorry that she messed up and didn't come.
Glad you heard from her.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #1565
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Good morning, Ladies.
Busy Saturday here.
Today I need to get the apple pie baked for the benefit, run music promos, drop the pie off, cover the fall festival in town the opposite direction for the paper then go back to the benefit. Probably won't stay long there. Not comfortable at those things without Bob... and he won't be home until Wednesday.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow.
Kelly...I wish I was getting a slice of that apple pie! Sounds so good! I feel for you today...sounds super hectic.

I feel somewhat over committed this weekend myself. All I really want to do is sit at home, craft, watch my shows (I'm behind LOL) and stay in my pj's. NOT happening though. LOL Trying to figure out who and what I cancel out.
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #1566
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning Paper Bloggers. I slept really good last night and didn't wake up until 8, well I woke up at 4, but went back to sleep. Kitties were all waiting for breakfast. Going to be an easy day for me. I hope I don't waste it.

Kelly, have a fun day with all your activities today.
Maggie, I am envious of the wonderful sleep that you got. LOL and of your easy day. Enjoy!! I hope you get to craft and just do whatever.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #1567
Crimping Master

Brandy....Have you cut any foam core lately??? Where are you at on that? Just making sure I did not miss the update.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #1568
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Kelly...I wish I was getting a slice of that apple pie! Sounds so good! I feel for you today...sounds super hectic.

I feel somewhat over committed this weekend myself. All I really want to do is sit at home, craft, watch my shows (I'm behind LOL) and stay in my pj's. NOT happening though. LOL Trying to figure out who and what I cancel out.
pjs all day sounds good. no foam core yet. sounds like kelly's pj day is tomorrow.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #1569
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I am envious of the wonderful sleep that you got. LOL and of your easy day. Enjoy!! I hope you get to craft and just do whatever.
LOL! I did too much of just whatever today and not enough crafting. I did get out to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner tomorrow night. I have company coming. I'm making chicken with Swiss cheese and stuffing in the crockpot and also Brownie Cream Cheese Pudding also cooked in the crockpot. Can't wait to try it out.

Trying to get a card done. It's all finished except for putting the pieces together, but I'm off to get my shower first and then will be able to get back to my craft room and finish it up and work on something else.

What were you up to today?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #1570
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Hello!

I didn't get anything done today. I wanted to work on a layout I started yesterday. I had to take DD2 to her horseback riding. Then DS insisted I needed to help him play a game in the wii. Then I went to get some groceries.

Then a little while ago, DD2 said we forgot to carve the pumpkins today. So now we need to do that tomorrow. So I probably won't get to scrap tomorrow either.

I liepke Brenda's idea of sitting in PJs all day!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #1571
Stazon Splitcoast

JCI.
Nancy, last Monday, I stayed I my PJs most of the day LOL

Maggie, I want your two crock pot recipes that you mentioned. They sound so good.

I made a birthday card for my sister & posted in my SCS gallery yesterday. So I did get some crafting done. Now have to make card for my grandson.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$152.90
Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #1572
Crimping Master

Quote:
LOL! I did too much of just whatever today and not enough crafting. I did get out to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner tomorrow night. I have company coming. I'm making chicken with Swiss cheese and stuffing in the crockpot and also Brownie Cream Cheese Pudding also cooked in the crockpot. Can't wait to try it out.

Trying to get a card done. It's all finished except for putting the pieces together, but I'm off to get my shower first and then will be able to get back to my craft room and finish it up and work on something else.

What were you up to today?
I did household chores.. Laundry etc. I got my hair cut and colored. It was a 2:00 appt. sounded good when I scheduled it but not great today. Lol it kind of just broke the day up into odd hours of time. My DD had to sit there waiting for over two hours as DH was out of town. She was great..no complaining. DH
was home in time to meet us for dinner. We celebrated the straight A report card. DD picked the Cheesescake Factory to go to. We only go there for something special. I think it is a bit expensive. Funny, she picks it but always gets the salad and never cheesecake. LOL she loves the salad there..says it's the best. Afterwards we shopped the mall. I had promised her new boots and she remembered. She really needed them and we did find a nice pair. It is almost midnight here. Everyone asleep except me. I ended up blogging for awhile and time got away from me. I pre-scheduled four posts for this week. Feels good to be ahead.

No pj day tomorrow either I have lunch plans.. Almost cancelled but would feel bad if I did so off I will go. I need to quit scheduling things in the middle of the weekend days. LOL

Your dinner and dessert sound delicious!!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #1573
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hello!

I didn't get anything done today. I wanted to work on a layout I started yesterday. I had to take DD2 to her horseback riding. Then DS insisted I needed to help him play a game in the wii. Then I went to get some groceries.

Then a little while ago, DD2 said we forgot to carve the pumpkins today. So now we need to do that tomorrow. So I probably won't get to scrap tomorrow either.

I liepke Brenda's idea of sitting in PJs all day!
Do you bake the seeds? When I was growing up we always did. No pumpkin carving here.. I think my DD forgot. LOL

I will have 21 people here on Halloween. I make sloppy joes and off trick or treating all will go. My mom and aunt stay at the house and answer the door. Always fun. Glad I am off work the next day though.

I spoke with my friend yesterday that had the long surgery. It has been one month and she is doing well. Starts back to work part time on Monday. Says she is teary at times but it is getting better. I'm sure that has to be very normal. I was glad to hear she is well enough to go back to work.

What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween? After much back and forth and some pouting mine decided to go as a nerd. Not sure why she doesn't want to wear the 80's costume she got for Disneyland. I told her to look thru the Halloween box or wear the 80's outfit. She came up with a nerd outfit.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #1574
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello!

I like Brenda's idea of sitting in PJs all day!
Those times with the kids are so precious so enjoy that and wait to scrap later. There will come a time when they won't need you to help with those things.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #1575
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
JCI.
Nancy, last Monday, I stayed I my PJs most of the day LOL

Maggie, I want your two crock pot recipes that you mentioned. They sound so good.

I made a birthday card for my sister & posted in my SCS gallery yesterday. So I did get some crafting done. Now have to make card for my grandson.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
I will e-mail them to you Sharon. I hope the dessert turns out. I haven't made this one before so you never know. But it is chocolate so it can't be all bad no matter what. If it doesn't turn out, I have chocolate ice cream in the freezer.

I'll have to check out your gallery. I visited blogs last night and don't remember seeing it. I need to take time to put my cards in the gallery. I manage to get them on my blog, but then forget about putting them on SCS.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #1576
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I did household chores.. Laundry etc. I got my hair cut and colored. It was a 2:00 appt. sounded good when I scheduled it but not great today. Lol it kind of just broke the day up into odd hours of time. My DD had to sit there waiting for over two hours as DH was out of town. She was great..no complaining. DH
was home in time to meet us for dinner. We celebrated the straight A report card. DD picked the Cheesescake Factory to go to. We only go there for something special. I think it is a bit expensive. Funny, she picks it but always gets the salad and never cheesecake. LOL she loves the salad there..says it's the best. Afterwards we shopped the mall. I had promised her new boots and she remembered. She really needed them and we did find a nice pair. It is almost midnight here. Everyone asleep except me. I ended up blogging for awhile and time got away from me. I pre-scheduled four posts for this week. Feels good to be ahead.

No pj day tomorrow either I have lunch plans.. Almost cancelled but would feel bad if I did so off I will go. I need to quit scheduling things in the middle of the weekend days. LOL

Your dinner and dessert sound delicious!!
You did have quite a busy day. The Cheesecake Factory is always out "go to" place for special occasions, but we all eat the dinner and get cheesecake too. Most of the time we'll split a couple between us.

I want a new pair of short boots that only come up to the ankle, but I have to try them on because some will rub on the front of mu leg and that hurts.

I know about scheduling on the weekend. I always make my hair appointment at 9 a.m. otherwise the day is just off.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #1577
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Do you bake the seeds? When I was growing up we always did. No pumpkin carving here.. I think my DD forgot. LOL

I will have 21 people here on Halloween. I make sloppy joes and off trick or treating all will go. My mom and aunt stay at the house and answer the door. Always fun. Glad I am off work the next day though.

I spoke with my friend yesterday that had the long surgery. It has been one month and she is doing well. Starts back to work part time on Monday. Says she is teary at times but it is getting better. I'm sure that has to be very normal. I was glad to hear she is well enough to go back to work.

What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween? After much back and forth and some pouting mine decided to go as a nerd. Not sure why she doesn't want to wear the 80's costume she got for Disneyland. I told her to look thru the Halloween box or wear the 80's outfit. She came up with a nerd outfit.
Your Halloween sounds fun. What does a Nerd wear?

Glad to hear your GF is able to get back to work. Probably the best thing for her at this point to get her mind off her own situation. Sending up prayers for her.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #1578
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Your Halloween sounds fun. What does a Nerd wear?

Glad to hear your GF is able to get back to work. Probably the best thing for her at this point to get her mind off her own situation. Sending up prayers for her.
I'm thinking a nerd would wear slacks (maybe floods), a white, button down shirt with a pocket complete with a pocket protector and pens and ruler etc. GLasses with tape on the bridge. Maybe even a tie.
Crafting When We Can

Last edited by nhagen; 10-27-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #1579
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I think DS is dressing up as the grim reaper. He was that a few yrs ago. So at least I don't have to buy anything! We told DD2 that she is too old to trick or treat. She is 16.

It sounds like you have a fun Halloween!

I have only baked the seeds a few times. No one seems interested in them!

I'm glad your friend is recovering well!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #1580
Crimping Master

FINISHED all the bflies.

Kelly, did you get yours? I thought your box was still
here but when I finished, it wasn't. did I already send it
and forgot or do I need to remake yours?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #1581
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #1582
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I think DS is dressing up as the grim reaper. He was that a few yrs ago. So at least I don't have to buy anything! We told DD2 that she is too old to trick or treat. She is 16.

It sounds like you have a fun Halloween!

I have only baked the seeds a few times. No one seems interested in them!

I'm glad your friend is recovering well!
The Grim Reaper should be fun.

I agree, I think by the time they are able to have a Halloween party themselves, they should quit going out Trick or Treating.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #1583
Quacker Stamper

Good morning!

Blast! My hopes dashed again! Boss was supposed to be out of the office for 6 days starting Nov. 12 conducting an arbitration. Got word this morning that they settled the case. We'll get paid for the days, but that means he'll be in the office with nothing on his calendar for now. Hope we can find some things to fill it up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1584
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
FINISHED all the bflies.

Kelly, did you get yours? I thought your box was still
here but when I finished, it wasn't. did I already send it
and forgot or do I need to remake yours?
I got them,Brandy. I'm sorry sweetie. I thought I'd let you know.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #1585
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday, girls!
I'll try to get to blogs this afternoon. Mine is updated. Trying very hard to get on track and stay there. You are smart to schedule them, Brenda. I'd like to do that this afternoon. We'll see.

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. My rant to follow.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1586
Stazon Splitcoast

The fall festival was fun. Lots of adorable costumes. I wish I could share them here. The most creative one and won first place in his category. The kid designed his own costume but Mom created it. He was a diver being captured by an Octopus. LOL His mom made tons of little orange fabric yoyos and tacked them on to the tentacles of a big stuffed octopus... I'm talking had to be 3' or bigger. Then they wrapped it around him, tacking it in place. I thought it was genius!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1587
Stazon Splitcoast

The benefit I was not happy with at all. Dapper was one of those people that would help - all you had to do was ask. When he died suddenly last month, his family was devastated as you can imagine. He didn't have insurance, just his Navy pension. I'm not sure how his wife is surviving. Not my place to ask. Their youngest son has another year after this one before he graduates but his dad had already lined him up a job with the highway dept. Their oldest daughter is married and found out just before he died that she is expecting. Heather was daddy's little girl and this has been especially hard on her.

So the school where Heather teaches special needs held a benefit for the family on Saturday night. 25 people - including the immediate family - is all that showed up!
Dapper belonged to Masonic lodges and only 1 - ONE member showed up. I was sooo not a happy person. Dapper's wife had asked if I would bake a cake because I always made one for Dapper to take to deer camp. So I made a sheet cake with the Masonic emblem. Silly me, thinking lots of his 'brother's would be there and a tidy sum would be raised LOL The cake raised $10! TEN DOLLARS!

The apple pie was my contribution. Dapper always asked for one of my apple pies. In fact, that was the last conversation I had with him.. the afternoon he died. I had to start the bidding on the pie when it dropped to $5. I wound up paying $10 for my own pie!

Next time I'll just write a check to the family. They'll come out ahead.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1588
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the cake and pie I made. The pie had #8 of apples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5360.JPG (30.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Apple Pie.JPG (36.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #1589
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. it's Monday. Time I pretended I want to work. My newspaper stuff is done, blog updated. I just want to get warm. Might take a hot shower. Will check blogs later.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #1590
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy Monday, girls!
I'll try to get to blogs this afternoon. Mine is updated. Trying very hard to get on track and stay there. You are smart to schedule them, Brenda. I'd like to do that this afternoon. We'll see.

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. My rant to follow.
Scheduling would be good for the blog, but I always like to link up to some challenges so I'd still have to go and edit it the day it posted to see what challenges I could link it to that day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #1591
Crimping Master

Quote:
I got them,Brandy. I'm sorry sweetie. I thought I'd let you know.
you probably did I just didn't remember. no sweat
Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #1592
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
The benefit I was not happy with at all. Dapper was one of those people that would help - all you had to do was ask. When he died suddenly last month, his family was devastated as you can imagine. He didn't have insurance, just his Navy pension. I'm not sure how his wife is surviving. Not my place to ask. Their youngest son has another year after this one before he graduates but his dad had already lined him up a job with the highway dept. Their oldest daughter is married and found out just before he died that she is expecting. Heather was daddy's little girl and this has been especially hard on her.

So the school where Heather teaches special needs held a benefit for the family on Saturday night. 25 people - including the immediate family - is all that showed up!
Dapper belonged to Masonic lodges and only 1 - ONE member showed up. I was sooo not a happy person. Dapper's wife had asked if I would bake a cake because I always made one for Dapper to take to deer camp. So I made a sheet cake with the Masonic emblem. Silly me, thinking lots of his 'brother's would be there and a tidy sum would be raised LOL The cake raised $10! TEN DOLLARS!

The apple pie was my contribution. Dapper always asked for one of my apple pies. In fact, that was the last conversation I had with him.. the afternoon he died. I had to start the bidding on the pie when it dropped to $5. I wound up paying $10 for my own pie!

Next time I'll just write a check to the family. They'll come out ahead.
So very sorry about the benefit Kelly. That is just not right. There should have been lots of other Masons there. That is a Brotherhood and they usually are very tight. Yes, a check would have been so much better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1593
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Here is the cake and pie I made. The pie had #8 of apples.
wow! I sure would have bid on that pie. Looks fabulous!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #1594
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Kelly, that's awful! I can't believe the masons didn't do more!

I'm getting my 3 year old great niece tomorrow until Sunday and will be doing all the fun Halloween stuff with her this week. I'm sure I'll be exhausted by Sunday but it will be fun!
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, nhagen and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #1595
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to say ladies, for the first time since Bob became a Mason I was embarrassed to say he was one. I'm sure this will affect his participation. Which is sad because he enjoys going and networking with other guys. Dapper was his best friend here.. the only one he did anything with.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #1596
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, your pie and cake look yummy. That is so sad that the family didn't receive any support from their own community. especially since he was a Mason and they were invited.
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #1597
Crimping Master

Quote:
I have to say ladies, for the first time since Bob became a Mason I was embarrassed to say he was one. I'm sure this will affect his participation. Which is sad because he enjoys going and networking with other guys. Dapper was his best friend here.. the only one he did anything with.
so sorry for dappers family . that was truly awful. blessings and well wishes for his family
Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #1598
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, so sorry about the turn out for the Dapper family benefit. Your cake and pie looked wonderful! I am sure they are thankful for you and your family.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #1599
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I made it to all your Blogs if you posted something new. I haven't for two weeks. I will try to post something for WOYWW this week. So maybe Wednesday.
Maggie you said you forget to post in your SCS gallery. That is where I post everything because it is easier than on the Blog.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #1600
Crimping Master

Good Evening PBR's. First off, Kelly your cake and pie look fabulous!! Secondly I am so sorry about the turn out for your friend. I agree, terrible!! Really unbelievable. Those type of groups usually are like extended family. I would of been upset, sick and furious all rolled into one at the lack of turnout. I'm sorry for your loss. Somewhere I did not catch in the thread what this benefit was for until I read todays post.

Nancy, you have it exactly right on about the nerd costume. My DD likes to dress up but does not last long trick or treating. LOL She is always the first to want to come home. Has ALWAYS been like that. LOL She likes answering the door better. The good thing is my friends with younger kids will be here and they never want to stop. I bring DD home and then the others get back whenever. I have my mom and Aunt here while I am out to answer my door.

I just got 15 lbs of hamburger meat today. I will be turning that into sloppy joes on Wednesday and then just heat it up Thursday night. Last year I cooked 12 lbs but I have bigger eaters coming this time. LOL Got all my groceries for Thurs. I don't plan to clean too much before hand...will do it after. Too many tracking thru the house that night. (On my new floors! LOL We shall see how they hold up)

Maggie, I rarely pre-schedule my blog posts. I never know what I want to post when. This week it happened to work because it is all about Halloween. I may give it a whirl again the two weeks of Christmas & New Years. That way I will have posts up but won't have it on my to do list those weeks.

Joyce, enjoy your great niece. Should be lots of fun!

Sharon, good to have you back on the thread

Brandy......start cutting that foam core

Jackie....Did you find a house and when is the move?

Soni, I enjoy seeing your FB postings

Any one heard from Vikki Jo?

That's all I got today. See you back here soon.

Last edited by pinkdisneychick01; 10-28-2013 at 07:04 PM..