Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 06-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #13721
Stazon Splitcoast

time to get the kitchen cleaned up. Then the girls are doing the first stage of their art project. After that there is cake/ brownie baking to do then finish their art projects. By then they'll be ready for their own time. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Unread 06-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #13722
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
time to get the kitchen cleaned up. Then the girls are doing the first stage of their art project. After that there is cake/ brownie baking to do then finish their art projects. By then they'll be ready for their own time. LOL
I don't know if I could do this anymore with such young ones! LOL. Thinking about you.

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 58/100 as of 07/31/17
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:52 AM   #13723
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning. Kelly, it sounds like you and the girls are keeping busy. That's so great they can come visit and spend some time with you.

I planted those midweek seeds I had in the refrigerator. I just put them in a milk carton to keep in the house and keep moist. I don't honk they would have survived all the rain we have been getting. Probably would have got washed away. Well, a few days after I planted them in the milk cartons, they sprouted.

Not much going on. Last Wednesday afternoon we had a huge thunderstorm with torrential downpours. It was reported we had four inches of rain. It only rained on and off for 1 - 1 1/2 hours! Then it rained again the next two days. But at least it was normal thunderstorms, LOL. Then Saturday it rained another torrential thunderstorm. Now today we might get more thunderstorms.
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #13724
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning. Kelly, it sounds like you and the girls are keeping busy. That's so great they can come visit and spend some time with you.

I planted those midweek seeds I had in the refrigerator. I just put them in a milk carton to keep in the house and keep moist. I don't honk they would have survived all the rain we have been getting. Probably would have got washed away. Well, a few days after I planted them in the milk cartons, they sprouted.

Not much going on. Last Wednesday afternoon we had a huge thunderstorm with torrential downpours. It was reported we had four inches of rain. It only rained on and off for 1 - 1 1/2 hours! Then it rained again the next two days. But at least it was normal thunderstorms, LOL. Then Saturday it rained another torrential thunderstorm. Now today we might get more thunderstorms.
Only one of the three I potted survived. But I found six more down by the berry fence last week. I need to get them dug up before I mow this afternoon. Hoping I can spend some time this week getting the butterfly garden mulched in so I can put them directly in the ground.

We've had rain in the forecast all weekend.. but it all went south of us. Much to Adrian's disappointment. She wants to see a thunder storm. She is so a mini me
smadson likes this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #13725
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I don't know if I could do this anymore with such young ones! LOL. Thinking about you.
By the time I'm your age, Sharon, they won't be such little ones anymore. I'm almost 20 years younger than Larry.
smadson likes this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #13726
Stazon Splitcoast

we have library today and a couple of errands. They were supposed to do picnic in the park but they couldn't wait for me to get sheets on the line. They were hungry. So lunchables at the dining room table while I visit with you guys, it is.
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #13727
Quacker Stamper

Hi all. How's everyone doing? I'm finally feeling much better. Still have some congestion though so I keep taking that icky cough medicine. The weekend was good. I went to the downtown library. It was actually the building next door to it. That is where they keep all the old archival stuff. I did my Repository visit. Found a pretty neat collection. It didn't have a lot of pre-1900 stuff in it, but enough for my purposes. I was just so interested in the man. I think it would be so neat to go back and go through his whole collection. I just looked through a partial box that had personal papers in it. I took some pictures so I'd know what it was all about. And if I need to, I can always go back down there.

Sunday was dinner at my DD's house with cheesecake for dessert since it was Father's Day. My SIL got to choose. We played a couple games - a new one called Tsuro I think it is. I had never played it before, but I think I gave it to my SIL for Christmas 2 years ago. I ended up winning the game thanks to my DGD.

It was busy at work today, but I'm looking forward to the end of the week. My boss is going to Arizona for some family celebration so he'll be gone through Monday. Oh, and I got another little bonus today too from my boss. Woo Hoo! So nice.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Unread 06-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #13728
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. Quick stop in. The girls start 'summer school' work today.

I ache everywhere. I didn't do a lot of physical activity yesterday but just a really long day - 17 hours from head off the pillow to head back on the pillow. I'm moving very slow this morning. I woke up at 6:30 but the muscles around my left knee were aggravated so I positioned the body pillow between my knees and dozed back off til 8.

Just finishing my cup of coffee (it's after 10) then we'll start our day.
Aside from school work I need to clean the laundry room (kitty room) and spray tick stuff on the garden and back yard area now that the grass is mowed.

Also have Paper Pumpkin, Card Chicks and a challenge card I want to do.
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Unread 06-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #13729
Quacker Stamper

Hi everyone. Been a busy week here trying to get my project done that I need to turn in on Sunday. It's an Internet Scavenger Hunt and I've got 8 out of 10 things. Still need to work on finding those other 2 elusive items. It's very frustrating sometimes.

Boss went out of town yesterday so it was quiet at the office for 2 days. He'll be gone on Monday also.

I've had some car issues to deal with too. Not sure if I ever mentioned that the driver's side of my car was hit back in December - hit and run. I've put off getting it fixed - it's just such a hassle. Anyway, took it to a place to get the estimate for State Farm. I'm not using a State Farm facility to fix it. I don't really trust that they will do the right thing. I took the estimate last night to the place where I want to have the work done. I"ve used them before many years ago and I had already taken it by there to have them look at it and give me a ballpark estimate on fixing it so I knew what to expect. I have to coordinate dropping it off on Monday and having the rental car place come pick me up to get a car. The repair shop said it would take 6-7 business days to fix it, but he was going to order the parts that they will need while they were waiting for the car on Monday. Hopefully I'll get it back by the end of next week.

I've also been getting emails from Discount Tire that I need new tires. Took off an hour early yesterday and went by there. The technician who looked at the tires said that they were still in pretty good shape and since I don't drive it a whole lot they should be good for a few more months so I'm going to wait until after the summer to decide on that. I also have a recall notice on my car that needs to get fixed and the car needs to be serviced so after I get it repaired, I'll take it in for the service on it. Then I should be good to go for a long time.

I have a church thing in the morning with the Young Women and the a few errands. They are saying we'll have rain, but I hope it will hold off until after my errands get done. Speaking of rain, we were all geared up for Tropical Storm Cindy to hit the other night and we barely got any rain at all and then was cloudy all during the following day.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 06-24-2017, 04:51 AM   #13730
Proud Fan Club Member

My goodness, Magggie, all the car servicing you are dealing with! Email for tires? The world is a different place, isn't it? I got email last week to remind me of my eye dr. Appointment.
Then, Friday they call too. Then it comes up on my iPad, too! No way I should forget to go! LOL. Well, I hop everything goes smooth for you. At least Monday with the boss gone should go ok, hopefully.

Kelly, sorry your knee is giving you troubles. Is Bob home, now? What kind of Summer school work are the girls doing?

Hi Nancy. DH does all our planting and potting. Today he is staining the deck rail because only in 80s. A little cooler.
I am going for my walk in a while. Dr. Helped me with my left leg, and gave me some stretching exercise for my back and neck. They are helping. At least not in pain when walking as much. Still have a problem like you Kelly getting in a comfortable position to sleep. Oh, the joys of aging! LOL
Hi Joyce, how are you? Brenda, how are you doing?
Have a great week-end everyone.

mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Unread 06-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #13731
Stazon Splitcoast

HI ladies

yes, Sharon, Bob is home. He got home Wednesday. Thursday we took the girls to Springfield for the weekend. Spent Friday at Chuck e Cheese, met my sister and nephew for lunch then a couple of hours in the hotel pool. Water was cold and Abby's teeth chattered but no way she was getting out. LOL She was having so much fun splashing.

Saturday after we checked out of the hotel we spent the day at the zoo, ate supper then a quick stop at Sam's Club for dog food... now that I'm feeding 5!!!!! but that 5th one is temporary. I'm not typing the whole story. I'll copy from another thread. LOL
Anyway, we got home about 9:30 last night. We were all exhausted.

Bob had a competition shoot today while the girls did art. They got to try the modeling paste and stencils that came in my order on Friday. I will be showing their results on my blogs tomorrow.

Sharon, you asked about schooling. Adrian will be working on her times tables and cursive writing while Abby will be working on her ABC's, penmanship and math. She loves to add numbers. They both have library day and I'm going to see if it's still possible to get Adrian into swim lessons.
mschoener, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Unread 06-26-2017, 03:46 AM   #13732
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad to hear you and Bob are enjoying the girls. Had to take them to Springfield to wear them out, huh? LOL. Where would you take Adrian to swim lessons? Does Birch Tree have stuff? How big is it? Yeah, you still have that dog!

Maggie, how was your week-end? Thanks for stopping by my Blog, Maggie. I got some cards made and uploaded. And Kelly, you are just as photogenic as I am! LOL Oh, and Kelly, I saw your cards. Cute, and your group sounds fun.
How is everyone else?
Oh, I go to eye dr. today. Ugh! I wish he could give me a prescription where I could really see distances and at night. I think cataract surgery is in my near future.

Unread 06-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #13733
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad to hear you and Bob are enjoying the girls. Had to take them to Springfield to wear them out, huh? LOL. Where would you take Adrian to swim lessons? Does Birch Tree have stuff? How big is it? Yeah, you still have that dog!

Maggie, how was your week-end? Thanks for stopping by my Blog, Maggie. I got some cards made and uploaded. And Kelly, you are just as photogenic as I am! LOL Oh, and Kelly, I saw your cards. Cute, and your group sounds fun.
How is everyone else?
Oh, I go to eye dr. today. Ugh! I wish he could give me a prescription where I could really see distances and at night. I think cataract surgery is in my near future.

Birch Tree only has about 650 people. We'd have to go to either Mt. View - 20 miles to the west or to West Plains which is almost an hour. But she really wants to learn to swim and she's the same age her mom was when I put her in swimming lessons.

funny you picked up on the gal adding color to the embossing paste. When we were working with it yesterday, Adrian asked if we could ad color to it before working with it rather than inking over it. I might let her give that a try later in the week. She used the doily style mask from the set and it turned out beautiful. Those will be on the SU blog tomorrow.
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Unread 06-27-2017, 04:41 AM   #13734
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Not much going on here. This is the next to the last day of summer school for DD2 and DS. I've been working on painting our bedroom. DH took out the fireplace mantel/surround monstrosity that was in there and we are replacing it with stone on the wall and a black walnut mantel. We bought live edge black walnut and he worked on it (sanding, sanding, sanding and then oil and poly, oil and poly etc etc etc). It came out beautiful.

I also took down the wallpaper Border from DD2's room and I am going to paint in there eventually.

It was super hot and now it has cooled off. The last several days it has barely reached 70 degrees. It finally stopped raining.

Maggie, that is too bad someone hit your car. It's terrible people aren't honest and leave their information. That happened to DD1 once. They left a blank piece of paper. Probably because it was in a grocery store parking lot and thought someone might have seen them.

Kelly sounds like the girls are keeping you busy! That's nice you get to spend the summer with them.

Sharon, enjoy your walks. My toe is still sore. So walking for exercise is out. I have a hairline fracture. It's still swollen and is red where the fracture is.
Unread 06-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #13735
Quacker Stamper

Sorry I haven't been around much. Besides being sick again, I'm really busy with the class.

I have been sick again this week. Stayed home Monday with low grade fever and the congestion that won't quit. I felt somewhat better yesterday so I went to work, but the cough wasn't going away. My boss was gone most of the day and then left early, so I did too. I went by and got some Robitussin DM. I went to bed and woke up about 10:35 drenched in sweat. The fever had broken. I felt better this morning so figured I'd go to work. Once I got there though I started feeling light headed and had to sit down. I had been talking to our receptionist. My boss wasn't in yet. He had a dental appt. This was about 9. I went back to my office and all of a sudden got the cold sweats - cold and clammy feeling. I thought I was going to die. Couldn't do anything - couldn't move or get up. I had enough energy to call the receptionist and tell her I wasn't well. She came along with the Office Manager. By that time I was losing my breakfast into my trash can. Luckily it had a liner. I have no idea what caused that, but it was not fun. I waited a little while at my desk and then came on home. I wouldn't have been of any use and was still feeling kind of puny. I finally do feel better from that tonight, but still have the cough. Hopefully back to work tomorrow. I still haven't gotten my 30 anniversary lunch yet.

Nancy, how did you hurt your toe. Your new mantel sounds beautiful - a lot of work but so worth it in the end.

Kelly, that's great that you keep the kids going with school work while they are on vacation. Do they go to public school or does Sue home school them?

Sharon, I hear what you say about the eye doctor. I'm actually wearing a pair of bifocals that were made for me about 3 years ago. They are great at home for watching TV while I work at the computer or in my stamp room, but they don't work well at the office, so I wear my readers there. I don't really have to see distance at the office. My eyes haven't changed in the last 3 years.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #13736
Quacker Stamper

My Bishop came by tonight to pick up something from me. I had just been thinking today that I needed to talk to him about my retirement plans to see if it was a good idea at this time. He said he would help me when I'm ready to see about a part time job. Also, I may be continuing on with school for another 3 years. It's a program through my church. I can take abbreviated classes that will give me the college background to go on to an Associate Degree. I want to take the Family History Research program which I can take online through BYU Idaho and get an Associate's Degree. The FALL Semester starts in September right after this other class is over.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 06-29-2017, 06:54 AM   #13737
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Allergies are kicking my butt.

Maggie, I hope you are feeling better. Being sick in the summer is the worst. That would be great if you could if you work part time.

I was walking very fast to get to the phone and slammed my toe into furniture in my office.
Unread 06-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #13738
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, I am so sorry you are sick again! Like Nancy said, it is the worst in theSummer!
I admire you for doing all this schooling, Maggie! You must really be motivated! I went back I. My 40s and got my B.A. In college. But there is a big difference in the age I was then and age I am now. No motivation, now! Kudos to you GF! Now, just get well!

Nancy, ouch! You must have really jammed it. The older we get the longer it takes for things like that to heel. I think the problem with my left leg is from when I tangled with the bar stool I use in my craft room, a couple of months ago. It is Taking a long time to heal. But dr. gave me stretches to help, but I am still in pain when I walk. At night in particular, I have so much pain, I have to get up and take tylonal before I can get to sleep. Now it is my hip and my knee! Probably the way I walk to have less pain or something.

Kelly, I haven't been to your blogs yet. I have to go see what you and the girls are doing.

I did make it to yours Maggie. Not many of our group posting much. Some not for two years. Are we keeping everyone listed on our sidebar? Has anyone heard from .Soni?
Brandy? I have someone on there I don't even know who they are! LOL

Unread 06-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #13739
Proud Fan Club Member

Eye dr. Sent me to an appointment with consultant for cataract surgery, in late August.

Unread 07-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #13740
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning. Allergies are kicking my butt.

Maggie, I hope you are feeling better. Being sick in the summer is the worst. That would be great if you could if you work part time.

I was walking very fast to get to the phone and slammed my toe into furniture in my office.
Hi Nancy, sorry about your toe. I hope it's feeling better.

I'm doing okay except for the cough - still hanging on. I have a lot to consider.

Kids are coming for dinner tomorrow. We're celebrating my youngest DD's birthday. It's today. I'm going to make lasagna with salad, fruit, rolls, and cake for dessert, of course. I still need to make that.

I've been cleaning house most of the afternoon. I can't do it all without sitting down once in awhile so it takes a long time. I haven't given it a good cleaning in awhile and it really makes me feel good when it's all cleaned up.

My next project is due on Tuesday, but we have until Wednesday to turn it in because of the holiday. I"m almost done with it and I took off work on Monday, so I have plenty of time to finish it up.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-01-2017, 05:15 PM   #13741
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I am so sorry you are sick again! Like Nancy said, it is the worst in theSummer!
I admire you for doing all this schooling, Maggie! You must really be motivated! I went back I. My 40s and got my B.A. In college. But there is a big difference in the age I was then and age I am now. No motivation, now! Kudos to you GF! Now, just get well!

Nancy, ouch! You must have really jammed it. The older we get the longer it takes for things like that to heel. I think the problem with my left leg is from when I tangled with the bar stool I use in my craft room, a couple of months ago. It is Taking a long time to heal. But dr. gave me stretches to help, but I am still in pain when I walk. At night in particular, I have so much pain, I have to get up and take tylonal before I can get to sleep. Now it is my hip and my knee! Probably the way I walk to have less pain or something.

Kelly, I haven't been to your blogs yet. I have to go see what you and the girls are doing.

I did make it to yours Maggie. Not many of our group posting much. Some not for two years. Are we keeping everyone listed on our sidebar? Has anyone heard from .Soni?
Brandy? I have someone on there I don't even know who they are! LOL
Age does mean a lot in a lot of different things. Textbooks are my friends so I can keep going back to look things up. I've never had the greatest memory even when I was young.

Sorry you're still having pain issues Sharon. I hope the exercises help. My left hand is doing a little better. The pain is much less, but still feels tight when I bend my fingers to pick up something.

The group has dwindled. I heard from Brandy back the first of the year. I had sent her a Christmas card that was returned. I emailed her and she said that she'd be in touch again when they were settled in their new place, but haven't heard anymore from her.

Soni is still in Colorado helping her DD with the kids. Soni's oldest DGD also had a baby about a year ago, so Soni's a great grandmother also. She's not doing any crafting that I can tell. I haven't been in touch with her. Not sure what we should do. Do we want to try to get more members? We can eliminate those who aren't posting and open up the group again.
Save
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #13742
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Eye dr. Sent me to an appointment with consultant for cataract surgery, in late August.
Are you having both eyes done? My eye dr. says mine are still in early stages and he won't do it yet. I know a few people who have had the surgery within the last year, and it has gone very well for them.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Unread 07-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #13743
Mad Swapper

Hi gals! I just got home from our cruise. We had a ball. We were on Royal Caribbean for 7 days. Prior to that was the annual scrap camp I attend. I return to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off.
Prior to all of the above DD was wearing me down. Things are a bit smoother now. Also, my dog had surgery and some health issues. She's doing better now. I feel June was just a blur!
I renewed by blog domain so I really need to get posting. At scrap camp I mainly scanned in photos. I also beaded a bracelet. A friend beads and she showed me how to make it. I have been crafty so I just need to get blogging about it!

Hope you are all well. No travel for awhile so I'll try to hop on here more often. I need to catch up on what I've missed.
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #13744
Mad Swapper

Hi Gals! I can't believe I was the last one to post on here. What is everyone up to?? Vacations? All is well here. I am trying to get back in the groove of what I really enjoy. I even did a blog post tonight and visited some of your blogs. I loved seeing all the cards and layouts. I am inspired to get crafty tomorrow. I did clean my craft room up last night. I had stuff all over that I had taken to Scrap Camp and never put away. I got that all in order. It is a clean room waiting for me to craft
Unread 07-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #13745
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Age does mean a lot in a lot of different things. Textbooks are my friends so I can keep going back to look things up. I've never had the greatest memory even when I was young.

Sorry you're still having pain issues Sharon. I hope the exercises help. My left hand is doing a little better. The pain is much less, but still feels tight when I bend my fingers to pick up something.

The group has dwindled. I heard from Brandy back the first of the year. I had sent her a Christmas card that was returned. I emailed her and she said that she'd be in touch again when they were settled in their new place, but haven't heard anymore from her.

Soni is still in Colorado helping her DD with the kids. Soni's oldest DGD also had a baby about a year ago, so Soni's a great grandmother also. She's not doing any crafting that I can tell. I haven't been in touch with her. Not sure what we should do. Do we want to try to get more members? We can eliminate those who aren't posting and open up the group again.
Save
Be sure to keep me in. I'll get back on the ball here😊
Unread 07-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #13746
Mad Swapper

Hi! What is everyone up to this weekend?
Unread 07-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #13747
Proud Fan Club Member

I am here, too, Brenda. Thanks for the email. As to what I am doing? I have been getting ready to go stay with my grands for over two weeks. After that a local, (hour away) scrap retreat. I have never been to one. DH suggested I do one like this before I spend money on airfare and hotel, and event fees. Mathis one is small, no venders, just a retreat. I am going. Only 12 of us , and I don't know anyone! LOL. Just find out what it is like. It is 4'days and right after I get back from grandkids. Our DD and hubby are going on a missions trip to Germany.

So I have been busy getting craft stuff ready to take with me because I want to play DTGD on SCS for the Fan Club. My favorite challenges of all on here! and scrapbook stuff to take to the retreat.

So, Brenda you just got back from a scrap retreat. How do you organize to take stuff? Do you plan your pages ahead of time!

Unread 07-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #13748
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I am here, too, Brenda. Thanks for the email. As to what I am doing? I have been getting ready to go stay with my grands for over two weeks. After that a local, (hour away) scrap retreat. I have never been to one. DH suggested I do one like this before I spend money on airfare and hotel, and event fees. Mathis one is small, no venders, just a retreat. I am going. Only 12 of us , and I don't know anyone! LOL. Just find out what it is like. It is 4'days and right after I get back from grandkids. Our DD and hubby are going on a missions trip to Germany.

So I have been busy getting craft stuff ready to take with me because I want to play DTGD on SCS for the Fan Club. My favorite challenges of all on here! and scrapbook stuff to take to the retreat.

So, Brenda you just got back from a scrap retreat. How do you organize to take stuff? Do you plan your pages ahead of time!
I am excited for you to go on your first scrapbook retreat! One of the gals locally wrote a great article about how to prepare for a retreat. I've messaged her to see if it is ok for me to share her tips with you. Hopefully she will respond tonight. It's a good read and helpful.

One thing that I learned awhile ago is to decide ahead of time if I care how much I accomplish. If I care then I take the time prior to the retreat to prep either card kits or layout kits or both. I like to have a few choices of what to work on unless I'm on a mission to finish an album. One tip the gal gave is to bring a container of ramdom embellishments and make whatever you bring in the container work for you. I've started doing this recently and I love it.

It is super easy to bring way too much stuff. Less is more at a retreat. I used to spend so much time looking for things and not getting anything done. Plus you'll have more space if you bring less stuff.

If I do make kits ahead of time I use ziplock bags. I like being able to see everything.

I just heard from the gal. I will try to share the article....she said it was fine. It's by Meridy Twilling.
Unread 07-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #13749
Mad Swapper

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Tip...zio5DJLNSw4nAw
Unread 07-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #13750
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post

Sharon, This is the link....great tips!
Unread 07-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #13751
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone. I have been out of town. We went on a Jeep Jamboree. I was also busy the first part of July paining our bedroom. I haven't been crafting. I just can't get into it right now.
Unread 07-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #13752
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Hi everyone. I have been out of town. We went on a Jeep Jamboree. I was also busy the first part of July paining our bedroom. I haven't been crafting. I just can't get into it right now.
Hi! What's a Jeep Jamboree? It sounds fun!!

I just redid our main bathroom. No painting....just a facelift of new rugs, towels and shower curtain. It's so much brighter now!!

Thanks for posting & also to Maggie & Sharon who emailed. I got concerned that I was not seeing posts. Here, we were all just busy at the same time. Next time I see a gap between posts I won't panic. LOL it's the worrier in me 😉
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #13753
Stazon Splitcoast

A Jeep Jamboree is an off roading trip. It's with other Jeep owners. They have them all over the US. This one was in Wisconsin. We have gone to Pennsylvania and South Dakota on other trips.

I'll post a picture.
Unread 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #13754
Stazon Splitcoast

Unread 07-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #13755
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Brenda! Great timing as I was getting stuff together today.

Unread 07-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #13756
Proud Fan Club Member

Nancy, that looks fun!

mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #13757
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post

Great tips!

Unread 07-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #13758
Mad Swapper

Quote:

This looks fun! Such pretty green trees. I don't see those in the desert.
Unread 07-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #13759
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Great tips!
Glad you liked it. Meridy, who wrote it, is a scrapbooker & photographer.
Unread 07-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #13760
Mad Swapper

Welll, we survived the 6 weeks DD's boyfriend was out of town. He returned yesterday and surprised her. He told her he would be home Wednesday and showed up at our house last evening. His mom drove him over. We had a nice visit and DD is on cloud 9.

Sharon, are you all packed up and ready to go?

Nancy, I really enjoyed seeing the jeep photos. Did you camp?

DH just got back from Turkey this weekend & heads to Toronto tomorrow. I'm spending the hotel points he's earning on a trip to Disneyland in October LOL