In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #13401
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Thanks Kelly, any book news from my favorite author?
I wish. Probably be at least a year. But I have good reason. There won't be much writing from me all summer so that will delay a current project... unless I indi-publish. Your thoughts on that?
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #13402
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Kelly, I love that area! I never did get to try a Whataburger, the Fayettville one just opened the last time I visited.

My husband may come to the Midwest for an extended assignment to cover OK and KS I believe. If it works out we would be there at least 3 months so maybe our paths can cross at some point.
Our paths won't cross...


They will CONNECT if I have anything to say about it. hehe though I'm going to be pretty busy from June to August.... We are suppose to get the girls for the summer.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #13403
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

If any of you want a good read, I recommend anything by author Jodi Thomas. I've adored Jodi for years. She was our keynote on Saturday. I took my six books for her to sign, plus bought the 6 in a series she had with her. She did not charge us to speak. She came as a favor to western author Dusty Richards. She signed those plus added the only one I didn't buy. I will be having her as a guest on my author blog soon.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:26 AM   #13404
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Bob has gone back to work. I had him go to the doctor on Tuesday and get antibiotics. His headcold was way worse than mine and I was miserable enough to ask my dentist for antibiotics for my sinus'. Of course I can't take them and accomplish anything so after a couple of doses I've switched to dayquil and am pretty much back to my normal.

Bob left on Wednesday afternoon. I got home Tuesday night then we spent Wed. morning getting bank stuff for me taken care of before he left. We don't know how long he'll be out so I'm coasting through the weekend then diving in full force on Monday.


As I said, we are suppose to get the girls sometime in June and I begged to keep them until August so we could insure Bob gets to see them part of the time they are here. We are the safety net for the girls as Sue is going to tell Jeremy he has to go. he has stopped taking his meds or going to therapy again and she and the girls can't live with his mood swings. Adrian is a nurturer and she is having trouble dealing with the fact she can't fix daddy. So sad. So to grandma's arms they fly! Not the ideal reason to get them but I'm happy we do. Adrian is so excited. She has a To Do list a mile long. LOL
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #13405
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Maggie, I love that insert. Reminds me a lot of the ceiling panel in the suitcase I have saved on Pinterest.

Food sounds yummy though I'd have to taste that cookie pie to believe it tasted yummy. I'm not a fan of chickpeas.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #13406
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 16,276
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I wish. Probably be at least a year. But I have good reason. There won't be much writing from me all summer so that will delay a current project... unless I indi-publish. Your thoughts on that?
I read quite a few ARC's for those self publishing. I think it's truly the trend of the future. My biggest anti is the editing. Yikes! Some are just not at all edited well and that is not acceptable to me. Simple spelling errors can harm a books review for me, and I've noticed many others. I'll send an email to the author and explain this, but ask they actually send me an updated copy before I will edit my review. I'm sure self marketing is the key. If you go that route I would find a few good reads groups and get added to the group as an author and ask to do a arc giveaway for honest reviews to be posted to both Amazon and gr at a minimum. Also listing your books on thr GR lists is a good way for folks to find your books. I think really the only way to know if it will work for you is to jump in with both feet and give it a go. KU is another thing to consider. I've noticed an upsweep in popularity of KU authors writing entire series available on KU whereas they used to only post the first book as KU. And my last thought would be, sex sells. Even some of the bigger names in Romance are following the post 50 shades trend. Not that's that is entirely good, but even Kristen Ashley's newest book has made the best seller list this week, and I've read much better books in the genre. (Insert eye roll) so, in closing I think it's about finding your nitch, create a following and really read and listen to what those taking time to read and review your books are telling you.
__________________
Joyce
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:37 AM   #13407
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 16,276
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Kelly, that is a long time to be away from their Momma. And will he go for visitation once she asks him to leave and how will that be for the girls?
__________________
Joyce
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #13408
Proud Fan Club Member
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I grabbed a whataburger! Man I've missed those. Didn't know we could get them outside of Texas. I slept then I spent all day Sat. at the conference. drove to Rogers in sleet. Got into snow in Rogers and drove Hwy 62 to Eureka Springs in snow. Was gorgeous to see the snow falling but not the best driving conditions on a road full of hairpin curves and sheer drop offs.
OH, my goodness can't imagine making that drive in those conditions! Although, I have made the drive from Garfield to Eureka Springs in the dark and rain! That was scary enough for me! Glad you are safe!
smadson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #13409
Proud Fan Club Member
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hi everyone. The services were on Saturday. I have been in the process of trying to close her accounts, change the title on her car, file her income taxes etc etc etc. It is exhausting.

Thank you Brenda and Maggie for the cards.

I'll check back later.
Thinking of you and holding you up in prayer.
smadson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #13410
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Kelly, that is a long time to be away from their Momma. And will he go for visitation once she asks him to leave and how will that be for the girls?
I'm not sure about Abby... she's 5 and only spent one summer with us - just before they moved. Adrian (9) on the other hand would live here. LOL She is such an out door girl and loves it at grandma's. She is a cook/ crafter/ outdoors person - 3 things her momma is not. LOL


As to Jeremy.. I'm not sure. I know she still loves him to a point but she has to think of what his issues are doing to the girls. They have Abby together. He's been with Sue since Adrian was 3.


Sadly, there are some things you just can't fix and that's a lesson I hope I can help Adrian through this summer.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #13411
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

yeah.. garfield to ES is not a pleasant drive in any condition LOL I just kept thinking of how good it would be to be in ES for a few hours.

There was a wedding at Thorncrown chapel when the snow began to fall that night. Big fluffy flakes. Had to have been like being married in a snowglobe.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #13412
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Thanks for the feedback, Joyce. I hear you on the poorly edited stuff. I swear some people just think they can spew something into the keyboard and put it up. I've judged some of those in competition.


As to marketing... that's a given. Even through a publisher now days, the author is responsible for all of their marketing.


My main concern is that it's already been 2 years (almost 3) since Somewhere came out. And if I go with the publisher I'm working with, will be another year before something releases. I want to start getting my name out there again.


Once I have a contract with this publisher, they will release 2, maybe 3 short stories that lead up to the book... so something is coming out about every 3 months prior to the book release for me to be promoting... but that's still over a year off.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #13413
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Paid bills, ate lunch at our new favorite bbq place and did errands. I'm home for the rest of the day. Think I need to catalog the new stamp sets so I'm ready to start creating tomorrow.

I did line up a place to get bales of straw. Supposed to get 12-16 tomorrow That should set me up for the garden with what I bought last fall and have in storage. Need to start thinking about seedlings and garden stuff so Adrian has something to water when she gets here. lol
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 04:41 AM   #13414
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Nancy, thinking of you.

Brenda, he is doing ok. He is going in again Friday and we hope they will be able to get them all this time. Luckily, he isn't having pain.
Joyce, keeping you and DH in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it all goes well and as planned on Friday.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #13415
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I grabbed a whataburger! Man I've missed those. Didn't know we could get them outside of Texas. I slept then I spent all day Sat. at the conference. drove to Rogers in sleet. Got into snow in Rogers and drove Hwy 62 to Eureka Springs in snow. Was gorgeous to see the snow falling but not the best driving conditions on a road full of hairpin curves and sheer drop offs.
Yikes! I don't think I'd be able to make that trip. Even growing up in the Northeast, I never drove until I came to Texas, so I had no experience driiving in bad weather like that. Glad you made it safely.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 04:51 AM   #13416
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Bob has gone back to work. I had him go to the doctor on Tuesday and get antibiotics. His headcold was way worse than mine and I was miserable enough to ask my dentist for antibiotics for my sinus'. Of course I can't take them and accomplish anything so after a couple of doses I've switched to dayquil and am pretty much back to my normal.

Bob left on Wednesday afternoon. I got home Tuesday night then we spent Wed. morning getting bank stuff for me taken care of before he left. We don't know how long he'll be out so I'm coasting through the weekend then diving in full force on Monday.


As I said, we are suppose to get the girls sometime in June and I begged to keep them until August so we could insure Bob gets to see them part of the time they are here. We are the safety net for the girls as Sue is going to tell Jeremy he has to go. he has stopped taking his meds or going to therapy again and she and the girls can't live with his mood swings. Adrian is a nurturer and she is having trouble dealing with the fact she can't fix daddy. So sad. So to grandma's arms they fly! Not the ideal reason to get them but I'm happy we do. Adrian is so excited. She has a To Do list a mile long. LOL
So glad to hear that Bob is back to work. I know that you like it when he's home so you can get lots of stuff done, but I'm sure he would like to be working. Hope the meds help him get feeling better.

I know you are over the moon to have the girls come for such an extended visit, but I'm sorry to hear about Sue and Jeremy. Do you think that when Sue tells him, he might get his act back together and get back on his meds? It is sad for the little girls. I know Adrian loves to go to Grandma's house. They's diagnosed my DGD that lives here as BiPolar besides having anxiety issues. She has been in therepy for a couple years now dealing with all her issues.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #13417
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Maggie, I love that insert. Reminds me a lot of the ceiling panel in the suitcase I have saved on Pinterest.

Food sounds yummy though I'd have to taste that cookie pie to believe it tasted yummy. I'm not a fan of chickpeas.
I promise you that you would not know there were chickpeas in that cookie.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 04:56 AM   #13418
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in H Town. I started out at the US Coins place to get my appraisal for the stolen coins. It is not more than the deductible on my house but I will be able to use it as a loss on my income tax, which I have to finish up now that I have this information. I'm not really surprised because a lot of the coins were ones that I purchased that are only worth face value.

I did spend some time outside cleaning up about 1/2 of the old pots of milkweed that got frozen this winter. I also called my yard man to find out when he was going to come clean out the flower beds. This is something that he's supposed to be doing when he comes twice a month. He told me he had me scheduled for Monday. I don't know if he did before I called, but at least he does now. I still have more work to do and hope I can get it done next Saturday. I also was able to get the hutch cleaned out and ready for this year.

I have dinner over at DD's house tonight.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:13 AM   #13419
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So glad to hear that Bob is back to work. I know that you like it when he's home so you can get lots of stuff done, but I'm sure he would like to be working. Hope the meds help him get feeling better.

I know you are over the moon to have the girls come for such an extended visit, but I'm sorry to hear about Sue and Jeremy. Do you think that when Sue tells him, he might get his act back together and get back on his meds? It is sad for the little girls. I know Adrian loves to go to Grandma's house. They's diagnosed my DGD that lives here as BiPolar besides having anxiety issues. She has been in therepy for a couple years now dealing with all her issues.
Even if he does, Sue is done. She and the girls left him over a year ago. When she went back, she gave him six months. She was actually there almost a year before he fell again. His rollercoaster is not good for the girls. It's already affecting Adrian.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #13420
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I promise you that you would not know there were chickpeas in that cookie.
I would be willing to at least try it. LOL I saw a thing on Diners Drive Ins and Dives last night. A vegan deli back east somewhere. The brother/ sister team started out selling at a local farmers market. Moved into a solid location within 2 years. They have turkey, pastrami, beef, cheese etc.... and not a bit of meat in any of it. The guy has created his own recipes. the base seems to be mostly gluten free flour and organic yeast. From there it's all about the various seasonings/ flavorings (no meat stocks) that he uses to get the unique flavors of each meat. I'll see if I can find the link.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #13421
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Here's the link to the show that had the vegan deli segment... The Herbivorous Butcher | Restaurants : Food Network | Food Network
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #13422
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

little overcast this morning but suppose to be warm and breezy this afternoon. I'd like to get outside for a bit but if I don't get the studio in order I won't have anything posting for tomorrow. We'll see. Right now I'm just going to enjoy my hot tea and board hopping. LOL
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #13423
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I would be willing to at least try it. LOL I saw a thing on Diners Drive Ins and Dives last night. A vegan deli back east somewhere. The brother/ sister team started out selling at a local farmers market. Moved into a solid location within 2 years. They have turkey, pastrami, beef, cheese etc.... and not a bit of meat in any of it. The guy has created his own recipes. the base seems to be mostly gluten free flour and organic yeast. From there it's all about the various seasonings/ flavorings (no meat stocks) that he uses to get the unique flavors of each meat. I'll see if I can find the link.
That is fabulous! Wish we had someplace like that here. Years ago we used to go to a restaurant that made their dishes using tofu, only thing is that you would never have known. It was all made to look like the product it was supposed to be and tasted like real. We were all so sad when they closed. It was a family business and the father and mother had already closed and retired once and then were encouraged to come back which they did for awhile. Not sure why their kids didn't take over, but maybe they weren't the same cooks as their dad.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 06:06 AM   #13424
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

what's on your to do for today, Maggie? More stamp unmounting?
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 08:23 AM   #13425
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
what's on your to do for today, Maggie? More stamp unmounting?
Not until later if I have time. I've finished up my income tax return. I was waiting to get the info from US Coins, but when I went to look at the tax return, the Theft has to be more than 10% of your AGI, so that wasn't going to work either. So looks like I'm out from both my insurance and the income tax. Totally lost. I thought that I'd be able to continue from my return from when I started it before, but it wasn't there, so I had to start all over again! Grrr. . .

I did get some slow cooker Lemon Chicken going. It'll be done when I get home from church. This will be fore lunches this coming week. Going over to DD's for dinner after church.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #13426
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 16,276
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

My family are such carnivores, I'm not sure they would walk in the door. But I would definitely try it. My husband has corns beef in the instant pot, but for us girls I'm making Moroccan chicken and a beet salad for dinner. Bare Root Girl
The guys will have chicken as an appetizer.

We need to do a WalMart trip today. Just things we can't get at the grocery store or Aldi's.

No other plans for today.
I think we will go see Beauty and The Beast on Tuesday.
__________________
Joyce
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #13427
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 16,276
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

My family are such carnivores, I'm not sure they would walk in the door. But I would definitely try it. My husband has corns beef in the instant pot, but for us girls I'm making Moroccan chicken and a beet salad for dinner. Bare Root Girl
The guys will have chicken as an appetizer.

We need to do a WalMart trip today. Just things we can't get at the grocery store or Aldi's.

No other plans for today.
I think we will go see Beauty and The Beast on Tuesday.
__________________
Joyce
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #13428
Mad Swapper
 
pinkdisneychick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
My family are such carnivores, I'm not sure they would walk in the door. But I would definitely try it. My husband has corns beef in the instant pot, but for us girls I'm making Moroccan chicken and a beet salad for dinner. Bare Root Girl
The guys will have chicken as an appetizer.

We need to do a WalMart trip today. Just things we can't get at the grocery store or Aldi's.

No other plans for today.
I think we will go see Beauty and The Beast on Tuesday.
I saw Beauty and the Beast this weekend. DD and I loved it. We went to the theater with reserved seating so it was relaxing. I tend not to go on opening weekend to a movie. Having the reserved seats saved us from fighting opening weekend crowd
__________________
Brenda "Pinkdisneychick01"
Blog:www.disneygirlcrafts.com
DT Member: Scrapbook Blessings Club
pinkdisneychick01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #13429
Mad Swapper
 
pinkdisneychick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,966
Default

I am still in Physical Therapy three times a week for my leg The hope is by April I will go twice a week. Measurements were taken today and I have great range of motion in the knee, so that is good. I am still limping and exhausted half the time trying to walk. At the mall this weekend I used the walking stick. It was too much for me to do on my own yet. This Sunday is the 10K that I was training for prior to the injury. I am going with my running buddy to give her moral support. She is picking me up at 5:45 am. Ouch! That will be an early hour.

My mother in law arrives today. DH and DD are on their way to the airport to pick her up. I am meeting them at the hotel in a bit. Sitting here relaxing and watching Titanic on tv. Such a sad ending I tend to not watch it. Decided today I'd leave it on. LOL


It is very warm here already...in the low 90's. It is suppose to cool down again but I have my doubts.


I signed up for another online class with My Pink Stamper. She uses the Stampin Up set Basket Bundle and framelits for the class. I got the supplies in the mail today and the video link should be sent to me tomorrow. This will be the third class that I have taken from her. I have enjoyed the last two. I get enough supplies to make six cards.
__________________
Brenda "Pinkdisneychick01"
Blog:www.disneygirlcrafts.com
DT Member: Scrapbook Blessings Club
pinkdisneychick01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #13430
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Not until later if I have time. I've finished up my income tax return. I was waiting to get the info from US Coins, but when I went to look at the tax return, the Theft has to be more than 10% of your AGI, so that wasn't going to work either. So looks like I'm out from both my insurance and the income tax. Totally lost. I thought that I'd be able to continue from my return from when I started it before, but it wasn't there, so I had to start all over again! Grrr. . .

I did get some slow cooker Lemon Chicken going. It'll be done when I get home from church. This will be fore lunches this coming week. Going over to DD's for dinner after church.
Well that stinks!


I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason.
Lemon Chicken sounds yummy.


I made chicken marsala yesterday and froze the 3 portions for the next couple of weeks.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #13431
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
My family are such carnivores, I'm not sure they would walk in the door. But I would definitely try it. My husband has corns beef in the instant pot, but for us girls I'm making Moroccan chicken and a beet salad for dinner. Bare Root Girl
The guys will have chicken as an appetizer.

We need to do a WalMart trip today. Just things we can't get at the grocery store or Aldi's.

No other plans for today.
I think we will go see Beauty and The Beast on Tuesday.
I'm a carnivore as well but I do love my vegies, too.
I think I'm going Wednesday night. Light night for customers because of church and school activities. should be a quiet viewing.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #13432
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
I am still in Physical Therapy three times a week for my leg The hope is by April I will go twice a week. Measurements were taken today and I have great range of motion in the knee, so that is good. I am still limping and exhausted half the time trying to walk. At the mall this weekend I used the walking stick. It was too much for me to do on my own yet. This Sunday is the 10K that I was training for prior to the injury. I am going with my running buddy to give her moral support. She is picking me up at 5:45 am. Ouch! That will be an early hour.

My mother in law arrives today. DH and DD are on their way to the airport to pick her up. I am meeting them at the hotel in a bit. Sitting here relaxing and watching Titanic on tv. Such a sad ending I tend to not watch it. Decided today I'd leave it on. LOL

It is very warm here already...in the low 90's. It is suppose to cool down again but I have my doubts.


I signed up for another online class with My Pink Stamper. She uses the Stampin Up set Basket Bundle and framelits for the class. I got the supplies in the mail today and the video link should be sent to me tomorrow. This will be the third class that I have taken from her. I have enjoyed the last two. I get enough supplies to make six cards.



Hard to believe it's time for her visit already! Where does the time go?


Sounds like you are healing well.. Slow and steady wins the race Your friend will love your support.


I'm glad you're enjoying her classes. I got my Basket Bundle in the mail a week ago but I've been too miserable with this cold to play. I had to force myself to do the Paper Pumpkin post for tomorrow.


I'm getting better. The cough has moved in tonight. I'm working from my chair a lot. I have 2 meetings later this week I can't miss.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #13433
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

I got quite a bit of stuff done on the computer today plus took care of some customer service issues. Still fighting with Lowes but Best Western satisfied an issue. I've never stayed in a truly filthy hotel until the weekend in Fayetteville AR. Didn't appear to have been dusted, carpet smelled of urine, legos between the bed and night stand and a dirty wash rag still on the shower bar in the bathroom. Then they served cold food on the breakfast bar. I had used my points to get the room for free. BW reinstated my points and profusely apologized.

Lowes on the other hand were supposed to deal with me and call me in 24 hours with a resolution... they called Bob. After I told them he was on a boat and couldn't do anything... including maybe not even take the call. They called him and we still don't have the issue resolved.


Oh yeah.. the issue. Long story short... they didn't get my smoker in when they said it would and now I'll have to make a special trip to Springfield (200 mile round trip) to pick it up when it does come in. I told them I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't been told it would be in when they did (I was supposed to pick it up on my way through from AR last Monday). I think they should deliver it to me... for free. Apparently, they (upper management) told Bob they didn't know if they could do that, that they didn't deliver that far out from a store. Read my lips - Not My Problem. If they can't deliver, I'll cancel the order, they can reimburse the payment I just made yesterday and I'll buy it from Walmart- who will deliver it.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #13434
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Well that stinks!

I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason.
Lemon Chicken sounds yummy.

I made chicken marsala yesterday and froze the 3 portions for the next couple of weeks.
I usually am too, but I can't figure for the life of me what the reason would be except that maybe they needed quarters for the washer/dryer at the laundromat. Actually, sometimes things just happen usually from someone's bad choice.

It turned out pretty yummy. The chicken marsala sounds great too.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #13435
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
I am still in Physical Therapy three times a week for my leg The hope is by April I will go twice a week. Measurements were taken today and I have great range of motion in the knee, so that is good. I am still limping and exhausted half the time trying to walk. At the mall this weekend I used the walking stick. It was too much for me to do on my own yet. This Sunday is the 10K that I was training for prior to the injury. I am going with my running buddy to give her moral support. She is picking me up at 5:45 am. Ouch! That will be an early hour.

My mother in law arrives today. DH and DD are on their way to the airport to pick her up. I am meeting them at the hotel in a bit. Sitting here relaxing and watching Titanic on tv. Such a sad ending I tend to not watch it. Decided today I'd leave it on. LOL

It is very warm here already...in the low 90's. It is suppose to cool down again but I have my doubts.

I signed up for another online class with My Pink Stamper. She uses the Stampin Up set Basket Bundle and framelits for the class. I got the supplies in the mail today and the video link should be sent to me tomorrow. This will be the third class that I have taken from her. I have enjoyed the last two. I get enough supplies to make six cards.
Brenda, so sorry that you are still dealing with that sore leg. I sure figured it would have healed up by now, but it must have been a lot worse than we thought. They are doing a 5K walk for Arthritis with Weight Watchers here. I'm thinking that I could do that. I haven't done that much all at once. My lunchtime walks are about half or a little more than 1/2 of that. I just worry about my low back. It actually hasn't been bothering me much when I'm walking since I got that new mattress topper.

Hope you enjoy the time with your MIL. Is DH going to be in town while she's there? We've been in the mid to upper 80's this week. Have the A/C on.

Have fun with the Pink Stamper class.
Save
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #13436
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 138,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I got quite a bit of stuff done on the computer today plus took care of some customer service issues. Still fighting with Lowes but Best Western satisfied an issue. I've never stayed in a truly filthy hotel until the weekend in Fayetteville AR. Didn't appear to have been dusted, carpet smelled of urine, legos between the bed and night stand and a dirty wash rag still on the shower bar in the bathroom. Then they served cold food on the breakfast bar. I had used my points to get the room for free. BW reinstated my points and profusely apologized.

Lowes on the other hand were supposed to deal with me and call me in 24 hours with a resolution... they called Bob. After I told them he was on a boat and couldn't do anything... including maybe not even take the call. They called him and we still don't have the issue resolved.

Oh yeah.. the issue. Long story short... they didn't get my smoker in when they said it would and now I'll have to make a special trip to Springfield (200 mile round trip) to pick it up when it does come in. I told them I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't been told it would be in when they did (I was supposed to pick it up on my way through from AR last Monday). I think they should deliver it to me... for free. Apparently, they (upper management) told Bob they didn't know if they could do that, that they didn't deliver that far out from a store. Read my lips - Not My Problem. If they can't deliver, I'll cancel the order, they can reimburse the payment I just made yesterday and I'll buy it from Walmart- who will deliver it.
Wow! Remind me never to stay at BW. Yuck! I would have asked them to move me to another room.

I think that I'd cancel and reorder. Doesn't sound like Lowe's is wanting your business if they have to go out of their way.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #13437
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 16,276
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

You may have been better off having it under your bed in a shoe box then the bank box Maggie. That stinks.

Kelly, I would cancel as well. That's crazy! Amazon even delivers Home Depot items now!

Beauty and the Beast was so good! I'll be singing for days! The end scene dress should have been a frillier yellow, but it was pretty. I missed the original Mrs Pots
__________________
Joyce
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #13438
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Wow! Remind me never to stay at BW. Yuck! I would have asked them to move me to another room.

I think that I'd cancel and reorder. Doesn't sound like Lowe's is wanting your business if they have to go out of their way.
Don't blame BW. They are a really great company. Each hotel is individually owned - kind of like McDonalds. I've stayed at other BW and never EVER had a problem. In fact, the hotel I stay at in Eureka Springs is a BW and I find myself comparing every hotel I stay at to how Randy runs his. After they'd reinstated my points, I made sure they knew how happy I am to always stay at Best Western Inn of the Ozarks...that Randy has set the bar very high for other hotels.


Lowes has come around. My smoker will be delivered on Monday - Assembled! So I won't have to wait for bob to get home before I give it a try.


I'll let you know next week how this plays out. But right now it looks to be on the upswing.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #13439
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

I'm feeling much better today. The head is clear and almost no cough. I guess back to back doses of Nyquil yesterday did the trick. I'm not going to overdo today. Change the sheets on the bed, wash the dishes and whatever I can do from the recliner.
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 06:37 AM   #13440
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 29,107
Default

Good morning, buddies.most of my head cold is history and I'm getting some things done. I got three cards made yesterday. Hope to get a couple more done today for challenges. I have meetings this weekend so have business stuff to get done, too. I still need to get a card off to Nancy and one to Sharon.


How is everyone else feeling? Has spring sprung where you are?
__________________
Kelly
BlogSU Blog
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$406.50 AOCC
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off