Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2817Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #1041
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Morning
Good morning Jackie!!!!
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hpyscrpr2 likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #1042
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning everyone! Glad that everyone got home alright! Can't wait to hear everything!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 15/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +$179.47
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #1043
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
they should all get back today/tonight. Was checking in to see if they were in yet.
I've managed to stress a muscle (one that goes to the base of my brain) and am not very mobile with my typing. can't hit the right keys, etc. so not on much. I'll try to check in and see how everyone is doing.
sorry to hear that Kelly. hope you feel better soon. thank you for the gift . we got y'alls in the mail late Saturday. so be patient
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #1044
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Morning everyone! Glad that everyone got home alright! Can't wait to hear everything!
I'm not home yet...stranded in Denver. Wore the same clothes for 17 hours yesterday and back in them again today. Yuck! LOL Tucson airport called and wondered why I didn't claim my luggage.... It is there and I am in Denver. The adventure continues... Leaving hotel now to try and fly standby. I have a seat on a later flight today but hope to get home sooner....missing my hubby and girl. Trip with PBR was beyond fun! I had a fabulous time and have lots to blog about. I miss you gals and Nancy I should of done the road trip to IL with you! Hugs!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #1045
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
I'm not home yet...stranded in Denver. Wore the same clothes for 17 hours yesterday and back in them again today. Yuck! LOL Tucson airport called and wondered why I didn't claim my luggage.... It is there and I am in Denver. The adventure continues... Leaving hotel now to try and fly standby. I have a seat on a later flight today but hope to get home sooner....missing my hubby and girl. Trip with PBR was beyond fun! I had a fabulous time and have lots to blog about. I miss you gals and Nancy I should of done the road trip to IL with you! Hugs!
Oh, I feel for your! We were stuck in the Denver airport from 6 am until 4pm after flying the red eye from Anchorage and getting off a ship at 7am before that. Alaskan cruise was wonderful (in 200 but getting home was the pits!
Just hang in there. Hugs!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #1046
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hi Paper Bloggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm home!

I can't begin to tell you what a great time I had. It was so much fun to meet up with Brandy, Brenda, and Nancy. It was like I'd known them forever. They are all so great. We had so much fun. It'll be tomorrow before I can get caught up, pictures up loaded and do a blog post.
Glad you made it home. I wondered if the weather affected your trip and flight. I agree..felt like we knew each other forever. I so hated to see our in person visit end. I'm still in Denver. I should get home tonight. I tried to fly standby on an earlier flight but the gate agent said to stay with my confirmed flight that all flights are oversold and I would be taking a chance of getting stranded somewhere else. As it stand now I fly from Denver to Los Angeles, change plans and land in Tucson at eight tonight. Miss my family and ready to be home. I even miss the poodle, Rosie. LOL my daughter has been texting me a lot. I think she misses me. LOL
mschoener and ashjoy like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #1047
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I'm home!

Just a quick post to say made it home safe and sound. I will update everyone tomorrow. It was a fantastic trip!!!!!!
Glad you made it home. Any bad weather along the way? I ended up landing in Omah, NE for fuel last night because they had the plan in a holding position outside of Denver for so long we were running out. So pilot says we need to go to Omah for more fuel and then head back to Denver. At that moment I knew for sure I should of went on the road trip with you. I couldn't believe I was going to Nebraska LOL.

On the ground in Omah I called hubby and told him what was going on. He dealt with the airlines from home, got me a flight out today and also a hotel to spend the night at. Got to the hotel at 1:00am Minneapolis time. I have had quite the travel adventure. LOL
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and ashjoy like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #1048
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I'm home!

Just a quick post to say made it home safe and sound. I will update everyone tomorrow. It was a fantastic trip!!!!!!
Glad you made it home. Any bad weather along the way? I ended up landing in Omah, NE for fuel last night because they had the plane in a holding position outside of Denver for so long we were running out. So pilot says we need to go to Omah for more fuel and then head back to Denver. At that moment I knew for sure I should of went on the road trip with you. I couldn't believe I was going to Nebraska LOL.

On the ground in Omah I called hubby and told him what was going on. He dealt with the airlines from home, got me a flight out today and also a hotel to spend the night at. Got to the hotel at 1:00am Minneapolis time. I have had quite the travel adventure. LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #1049
Insane Embellisher

Jackie how was your birthday?

Kelly...thank you so much for the gift! I had a lot of fun guessing what was in the package. Love it!

Sharon...isn't Denver's airport HUGE? I have been on a train, escalator, elevator, moving walkway. You name it I have done it here.

Ok gals.. Off to get lunch and then hopefully board a plane for LA and then home. The LA airport will feel more like home then Denver as LA is where I fly into for Disneyland.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #1050
Insane Embellisher

Brandy... I envy the sleep you have gotten!! Can't wait to hit my own bed. By the way I had to use different shampoo and soap today due to my luggage not with me. No rash or migraine yet. LOL I knew you could appreciate that one.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1051
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, I hope you are felling better today! Thank you ver much for the gift, it is perfect (but I am still scrapping one page), LOL.
Crafting When We Can
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #1052
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad you made it home. Any bad weather along the way? I ended up landing in Omah, NE for fuel last night because they had the plane in a holding position outside of Denver for so long we were running out. So pilot says we need to go to Omah for more fuel and then head back to Denver. At that moment I knew for sure I should of went on the road trip with you. I couldn't believe I was going to Nebraska LOL.

So what weree they sitting on the runway for? When you checked, flights were running on time.

So glad DH could get you a hotel etc.

If you didn't make your connection, what happened to your luggage?

You should have come home with me!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #1053
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
So what weree they sitting on the runway for? When you checked, flights were running on time.

So glad DH could get you a hotel etc.

If you didn't make your connection, what happened to your luggage?

You should have come home with me!
Wait!!! i'm jealous!!! I wanna come see your nice newly done kitchen cabinets
Old 09-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #1054
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
sorry to hear that Kelly. hope you feel better soon. thank you for the gift . we got y'alls in the mail late Saturday. so be patient
my butterflies arrived Sat. Thank you!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #1055
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all.
Muscle is better today. I'm going for another massage tomorrow. I feel so spoiled but the treat beats not being able to turn my head, use my left arm properly or remember things. Ugh!

On an up note... the first chapter of my Western Historical took 2nd place in competition. So many projects so little time.

And if I told you that already.. a by-product of this stupid Lateral Cortex muscle.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #1056
Insane Embellisher

Kelly enjoy those massages. Continue to feel better. So happy for your second place!
Brandy... Bad weather is what happened with my flight.
I am in Los Angeles right now. Oh happy day !! I have never been so glad to see LAX airport!!!! Next stop TUCSON !
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #1057
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Hey all.
Muscle is better today. I'm going for another massage tomorrow. I feel so spoiled but the treat beats not being able to turn my head, use my left arm properly or remember things. Ugh!

On an up note... the first chapter of my Western Historical took 2nd place in competition. So many projects so little time.

And if I told you that already.. a by-product of this stupid Lateral Cortex muscle.
@Kelly Wow. I didn't realize it effected that much of the body or memory.
Hope you get better soon
Old 09-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #1058
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Kelly enjoy those massages. Continue to feel better. So happy for your second place!
Brandy... Bad weather is what happened with my flight.
I am in Los Angeles right now. Oh happy day !! I have never been so glad to see LAX airport!!!! Next stop TUCSON !
next time we should find a non Denver lay over. definitely
what other options did you have? I forget who your carrier is
maybe you could go east say to albuquerque then north or maybe
even el paso. wiuldnt want you to have too many lay overs
tho
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1059
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, sending get well wishes.
Brenda, hope you are home now!

Proud Fan Club Member
Old 09-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1060
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good day everyone! I wonder what great fun the girls are having at Scrapfest? .
I went to !Michaels touse a 50% coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket. I got some Tim Holtz acrylic paint daubers. I plan on doing the mix-ability challenge this week. But of course spent more than that, as they had albums 60% off. So bought two for Christmas presents for DD $ DGD. They are pretty ones with the pocket for photo on front, K&Co 12x12 for only 3.99 each. Okay now to go make a card.
The Tim Holtz class I took was so much fun. I don't think I have a photo of my project because one of the little charms fell off and I need to fix it. It is very delicate. I do have a photo of the one that was on display. And he gave us fabulous gifts - a whole set of the burlap bases like the one we used for the project only these are printed and the other was plain. We got an apron which you cannot find anywhere for sale because I looked today. I thought I left mine in MN, but I finally found it. Before I found it, I did a search on the Internet and they are just not anywhere for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-12-woyww-new-tim-holtz-apron.jpg (37.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (26.3 KB, 6 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #1061
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I wonder what they are doing now? Can Maggie stay up to midnight???? I hope they take a photo of all of them and post it in this thread! Come on, where are the rest of you???
LOL! Sharon, you're pretty funny! Friday, we all got together for the Christmas Blended class. It was okay, but not what I was expecting. The problem with most of the classes was that they were rushed. We hardly had time to get things done. I haven't taken pictures yet of the projects that I made, but do have some that were on display.

Well, none of us made it to midnight on crop night. It ran from 5:30 to 11:30. The last shuttle left at 12:10, so we had to make sure we were done by then. We did make a project with the Basic Gray Rep that was there. Brandy and Nancy were working on layouts. Brenda was working on some snowflake swaps that are just beautiful. I was doing some coloring with my Copics, but the lighting where we were outside the Sears store was terrible, so it was hard to see well enough to do some of the detail work. One thing too was that the chairs were terribly uncomfortable and low. It made e feel like I was sitting on the floor. Since we were right next to Sears, Brenda decided she wanted to go get a pillow to sit on. I thought that was a great idea so I went with her. We each got one. Then Nancy wanted one, but she couldn't find one like ours which was because we bought the last 2 they had. She did find a Minnie Mouse one that she bought. Then it got really cold there. I didn't have a sweater, but by then we were all getting tired and decided to leave. We were out of there about 10:30. I did get to meet a lady from another blog group.

Kelly also made us each a cute photo album which you can see if the photo with Nancy and Brandy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (36.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (56.9 KB, 6 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #1062
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wow! Quiet around here with some of us at Scrapfest! Guess we know who the chatty ones are!! LOL
I was trying to check in, but couldn't get my Kindle Fire to cooperate and I don't have a data plan on my cell phone. I think I may need to check and see if there is a certain contract time that I need to have one. I have Tim Holtz photos on my phone that I can't get off, but if I sign up for a data plan and then get them off, then I could cancel the plan again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #1063
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good morning! Sharon, did I thank you for my pretty birthday card? It's lovely Hun & thanks for sending me a smile
Did you get the one I sent you??
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #1064
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
they should all get back today/tonight. Was checking in to see if they were in yet.
I've managed to stress a muscle (one that goes to the base of my brain) and am not very mobile with my typing. can't hit the right keys, etc. so not on much. I'll try to check in and see how everyone is doing.
I hope you get to feeling better Kelly. Sounds painful. What are you doing for it?

Thank you for the cute photo albums. I need to get some of the ones that the other girls took so I can have a whole collection.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #1065
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Glad you made it home. I wondered if the weather affected your trip and flight. I agree..felt like we knew each other forever. I so hated to see our in person visit end. I'm still in Denver. I should get home tonight. I tried to fly standby on an earlier flight but the gate agent said to stay with my confirmed flight that all flights are oversold and I would be taking a chance of getting stranded somewhere else. As it stand now I fly from Denver to Los Angeles, change plans and land in Tucson at eight tonight. Miss my family and ready to be home. I even miss the poodle, Rosie. LOL my daughter has been texting me a lot. I think she misses me. LOL
No, we didn't have any weather problems, but still went through some turbulence on the way home but not as bad as on the way up. They A/C though still wasn't working properly while we were up in the air. Worked pretty good when we were on the ground.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible flight home. What was the deal with them having to stop somewhere and refuel???? Didn't they know they needed fuel before they left MN? I wonder how it would have been if you had gone to Illinois with Nancy?

LOL! I miss all the texting.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1066
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Glad you made it home. Any bad weather along the way? I ended up landing in Omah, NE for fuel last night because they had the plan in a holding position outside of Denver for so long we were running out. So pilot says we need to go to Omah for more fuel and then head back to Denver. At that moment I knew for sure I should of went on the road trip with you. I couldn't believe I was going to Nebraska LOL.

Did the airline spring for the hotel, or did you have to pay for that yourself? I've spent a few nights in the Denver airport way back when my DD was working for Continental and I flew standby and didn't make it on the flight. Not fun sleeping in an airport.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #1067
Quacker Stamper

[QUOTE=pinkdisneychick01;20346963]Brandy... I envy the sleep you have gotten!! Can't wait to hit my own bed. By the way I had to use different shampoo and soap today due to my luggage not with me. No rash or migraine yet. LOL I knew you could appreciate that one.[/QUOTE]I went to bed early last night and slept through 9 hours. It felt great. I don't feel very tired yet tonight and I still have some things I want to do, so I may be up later.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #1068
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey all.

Glad you are feeling better Kelly. WOO HOO on the 2nd place. Was there a prize for that?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #1069
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL! Sharon, you're pretty funny! Friday, we all got together for the Christmas Blended class. It was okay, but not what I was expecting. The problem with most of the classes was that they were rushed. We hardly had time to get things done. I haven't taken pictures yet of the projects that I made, but do have some that were on display.

Well, none of us made it to midnight on crop night. It ran from 5:30 to 11:30. The last shuttle left at 12:10, so we had to make sure we were done by then. We did make a project with the Basic Gray Rep that was there. Brandy and Nancy were working on layouts. Brenda was working on some snowflake swaps that are just beautiful. I was doing some coloring with my Copics, but the lighting where we were outside the Sears store was terrible, so it was hard to see well enough to do some of the detail work. One thing too was that the chairs were terribly uncomfortable and low. It made e feel like I was sitting on the floor. Since we were right next to Sears, Brenda decided she wanted to go get a pillow to sit on. I thought that was a great idea so I went with her. We each got one. Then Nancy wanted one, but she couldn't find one like ours which was because we bought the last 2 they had. She did find a Minnie Mouse one that she bought. Then it got really cold there. I didn't have a sweater, but by then we were all getting tired and decided to leave. We were out of there about 10:30. I did get to meet a lady from another blog group.

Kelly also made us each a cute photo album which you can see if the photo with Nancy and Brandy.
Don't forget to send me copies of the pictures!

Those pillows that Maggie and Brenda bought are now sitting in the sofa in my basement! Those two silly girls were going to just leave them at the hotel to get thrown in the trash!

Those chairs sure were uncomfortable! LOL
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #1070
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey all.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Whoo hoo on the second place!!!! That is awesome!

!!!!!!!!!!!

(a few extra ! For Brenda )
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #1071
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Don't forget to send me copies of the pictures!

Those pillows that Maggie and Brenda bought are now sitting in the sofa in my basement! Those two silly girls were going to just leave them at the hotel to get thrown in the trash!

Those chairs sure were uncomfortable! LOL
LOL! I was glad that you were able to use them. I probably could have fit one in my luggage, but I really don't have a place to put it. I couldn't believe it but my large suitcase topped out at 47.5 pounds so I didn't have to pay extra for it and I had to gate check my carry on again so I didn't have to pay for the 2nd bag either.

Do you want a copy of all my photos or any specific ones? I want copies of yours too and Brenda's and Brandy's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #1072
Quacker Stamper

I was finally able to figure out how to send my camera photos to me, so now I have the Tim Holtz ones on my computer. Here's one that I got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tim Holtz.jpg (52.1 KB, 8 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #1073
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=mschoener;20347457]I was finally able to figure out how to send my camera photos to me, so now I have the Tim Holtz ones on my computer. Here's one that I got.[/QUOTE

Last edited by ibalady12; 09-23-2013 at 08:17 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #1074
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I was finally able to figure out how to send my camera photos to me, so now I have the Tim Holtz ones on my computer. Here's one that I got.
can't wait to see the rest
Old 09-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #1075
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers. Back to the real world today. I have to make a stop on the way to work.

Last night I put the trap out and this morning I have that last little kitten in the trap and am going to take it to SNAP to be fixed. It's going back outside. I'm just afraid that it's too old to be domesticated and adopted. Also, it's mama is preggers again and I'm going to have to make an appointment to take her in. She's friendly enough for me to get her in a regular carrier.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #1076
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hope everyone has made it home safe and sound by now.

What other celebrities were there? I can't waiti to see more photos!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #1077
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's so cool he posed for you. What a great picture!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #1078
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL! I was glad that you were able to use them. I probably could have fit one in my luggage, but I really don't have a place to put it. I couldn't believe it but my large suitcase topped out at 47.5 pounds so I didn't have to pay extra for it and I had to gate check my carry on again so I didn't have to pay for the 2nd bag either.

Do you want a copy of all my photos or any specific ones? I want copies of yours too and Brenda's and Brandy's.
I don't know what photos you took! You can always out them in Snapfish and send me an I vote to view and I can print what I want. I think you mentioned you use Snapfish.

I'll send the few I took on my phone.

That's great you didn't have to unload your suitcase or pay extra for going over 50lbs. I've seen people pulling stuff out of their suitcase and putting everything in plastic bags so they don't pay any fees.
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #1079
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning paper peeps!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #1080
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh my goodness! That is great Maggie! I am so envious of all the classes, and fun you all had. I was going to suggest you email your photos to yourself. I do that all the time. I take photos with my iPad then send them to me, then open on my laptop which is desktop now. I have had to do that because my reader we wouldn't read my camera card.

It is so good to have you back and I look forward hearing more and seeing more.
Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member