Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4257Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #921
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good morning! Enjoy the day Sharon & hope your Mom continues to do well
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #922
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Yes, just 5 more days till we leave for SF! So excited.

I have the Pest Control people coming today to spray for Raspberry ants. I'll be so happy to be able to go outside and not see them crawling all over the place. I have a couple of errands to run this morning before they get here. I spent a lot of time last night organizing and straightening up in my storage room and stamping room. If they spray inside I wanted most everything out of the way that I could. I'm not sure if they are just doing the outside and the attic or if they'll come inside also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #923
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

We have been getting rain here the last few days. It was down to 40 last night, but forecast for today is a high of 70. Would prefer your weather Sharon!

I can't wait to hear about SF!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #924
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Good morning!

We had a nice dinner last night. Sorry, Kelly no pictures! If my MIl was still alive and if she lived close by to babysit, she would have taken a picture!

The weather here has cooled off quite a bit as well. But we have had an odd summer with hit, then cold, then hot,then cold weather. I had the windows open all day yesterday.

I out together one scrap kit for SF. I need to get some more together. I have everything for the workshops put together. I need to check to make sure I pack enough pop dots, adhesive etc. this week is going to go by fast. Thursday will be here before you know it!
Crafting When We Can
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #925
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you had a nice dinner, Nancy. When Bob and i went out for 25th anniversary, we had someone at the restaurant take our pic. Something to think about for future. Pics of you and your hubby are important for your family.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #926
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Sharon.

When my 1st book Somewhere Down the Line is released, it will be available on Kindle. So those of you who don't have a Kindle, might need to put it on your Christmas list... hehe

You can always have it sent to your computer/ ipad and read from there as a pdf file I believe.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #927
Stazon Splitcoast

The temp was 48 when I got up this morning. We're just now to 65. Beautiful beginning to a Saturday. Feels like fall.

I've put contest entries in the mail and am headed into town after while. A friend of mine is performing at a retirment village grand opening. I've not heard him and his wife play in awhile. Kind of a mix of bluesy/ old rock stuff.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #928
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking of packages... a 2-day prio went out to Maggie this morning. Enjoy!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #929
Crimping Master

Hello Gals! I am spending my Saturday morning with the flooring guy. I told my hubby that I am tired of strangers in my house. He informed me that they have been at our house so much they are no longer strangers. LOL! Very true. I hope today is the last day of floor talk for me.

My suitcase is pretty much packed as is my carry on. I am SO ready with the exception of the stuff for the crop. Not sure what I am taking to this yet. LOL if I wasn't taking it out of town I would know what I would bring. I plan to have it figured out soon though.

Happy anniversary Nancy. Hope you had a great evening out!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #930
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

We had a nice dinner last night. Sorry, Kelly no pictures! If my MIl was still alive and if she lived close by to babysit, she would have taken a picture!

The weather here has cooled off quite a bit as well. But we have had an odd summer with hit, then cold, then hot,then cold weather. I had the windows open all day yesterday.

I out together one scrap kit for SF. I need to get some more together. I have everything for the workshops put together. I need to check to make sure I pack enough pop dots, adhesive etc. this week is going to go by fast. Thursday will be here before you know it!
I just picked up more adhesive yesterday. One can never have too much. LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #931
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Good morning!,, can't believe I am first one today! . Have to go to Mom's in a bit, but thought I would check in. The weather has finally cooled down here, low 80s after being 100 on just Monday. DH is staining our deck this week-end. So I have extra furniture in living room. (From the deck). No company this week-end or big doings, maybe I will get to craft! I am excited for you girls as you go to Scrapfest!
Kelly, how do I get to read your books?
Joyce, happy for your nice weather. Did you get some rain?
Well, happy day everyone!
Oops . looks like I didnt submit this morning. My apologies.
GM All
thank you maggie for the bd card. its lovely. thank you for thinking of me

as for our weather, can't tell it's not summer yet

I will ptobably be all packed by monday. have to play santa first . You know checking my list and checking twice
mschoener, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #932
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
GM All

I will ptobably be all packed by monday. have to play santa first . You know checking my list and checking twice
Are you working on cards at the crop? I will call you once I get checked in at the hotel. Figure we will do a group "plan" email this week to coordinate Thursday and Friday morning meet ups. Can't wait!!

Vikki Jo when are you meeting up with us? Are you attending ScrapFest or meeting us to eat and visit (or all ).

So excited!! I have a new camera I need to learn by Thursday. My favorite one just bit the dust.

Happy to report the floors are completed! I'm finally happy! Now my job begins ....painting the baseboards. Well start that project once I return from MN.

Happy Saturday! We are off to tailgate! Good food lies ahead for the rest of the day! LOL
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, hpyscrpr2 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #933
Stazon Splitcoast

Your excitement is contagious Brenda!

Okay, I got brave and did a challenge other than one on SCS. You guys are really encouragers. So on Wednesday I did the WOYWW, and today I did a challenge that I found through Jackie's Blog, and posted it on my Blog. Don't know if I did it right or not. One of you told that you find all the challenges you, but not how you find them. I found one.... LOL
love you guys! I am 67 and learning all these new things.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
ScrappinCEO, hpyscrpr2, nhagen and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #934
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Are you working on cards at the crop? I will call you once I get checked in at the hotel. Figure we will do a group "plan" email this week to coordinate Thursday and Friday morning meet ups. Can't wait!!

Vikki Jo when are you meeting up with us? Are you attending ScrapFest or meeting us to eat and visit (or all ).

So excited!! I have a new camera I need to learn by Thursday. My favorite one just bit the dust.

Happy to report the floors are completed! I'm finally happy! Now my job begins ....painting the baseboards. Well start that project once I return from MN.

Happy Saturday! We are off to tailgate! Good food lies ahead for the rest of the day! LOL
I hate painting baseboards!

Have fun tailgating.
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #935
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, I got brave and did a challenge other than one on SCS. You guys are really encouragers. So on Wednesday I did the WOYWW, and today I did a challenge that I found through Jackie's Blog, and posted it on my Blog. Don't know if I did it right or not. One of you told that you find all the challenges you, but not how you find them. I found one.... LOL
Go to Paper Playful and you can find a list of challenges daily. You can find ones that interst you, or make a card and look for as many challenges your card fits and link away.

Each challenge site has their own set of rules to play by (image requirements or not, how many entries, how many other challenges you can link up to). There is a key on the Paper Playful site to the rules.

Paper Playful

Your doing great Sharon!
Crafting When We Can

Last edited by nhagen; 09-14-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #936
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Quote:

You go girl LOL!!!

Nancy spelled it out perfectly
Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #937
Crimping Master

Quote:

I have several cards that are almost complete that I will be taking along with several almost completed scrapbook LO's,probably take some images to color. I plan on trying to make a recipe called cake fudge for the occasion. lucky for me it requires no cooking or baking . just mixing and refrigerating. I have some of those bags that are supposed to keep them cold for the plane ride . its only a 2hr flight. hopefully it wont take much to keep it cool for that short amount of time .
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #938
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!

You ladies are so far ahead of me getting all ready for SF. Ugh! I have my list and my luggage out, but that's all. What kind of clothes are you taking? I did buy some snacks today to take along.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #939
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
The temp was 48 when I got up this morning. We're just now to 65. Beautiful beginning to a Saturday. Feels like fall.

I've put contest entries in the mail and am headed into town after while. A friend of mine is performing at a retirment village grand opening. I've not heard him and his wife play in awhile. Kind of a mix of bluesy/ old rock stuff.
I'm not quite ready for the cold weather yet. We're still up in the 90's during the day. It is getting dark earlier, so I know the Fall is just around the corner.

Good luck with the contest entries.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #940
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello Gals! I am spending my Saturday morning with the flooring guy. I told my hubby that I am tired of strangers in my house. He informed me that they have been at our house so much they are no longer strangers. LOL! Very true. I hope today is the last day of floor talk for me.

My suitcase is pretty much packed as is my carry on. I am SO ready with the exception of the stuff for the crop. Not sure what I am taking to this yet. LOL if I wasn't taking it out of town I would know what I would bring. I plan to have it figured out soon though.

Happy anniversary Nancy. Hope you had a great evening out!
I sure hope that this is the last of the flooring people that you have to deal with. Hope you get things figured out. Wish I could. I need to print off and stamp some images to take and then figure out which Copic markers I want to take for coloring.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #941
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
GM All

You're welcome. Sorry it was late.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #942
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

WTG Sharon on joining the challenge. I use Paper Playful to find out what challenges are going on which day. Paper Playful

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #943
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have several cards that are almost complete that I will be taking along with several almost completed scrapbook LO's,probably take some images to color. I plan on trying to make a recipe called cake fudge for the occasion. lucky for me it requires no cooking or baking . just mixing and refrigerating. I have some of those bags that are supposed to keep them cold for the plane ride . its only a 2hr flight. hopefully it wont take much to keep it cool for that short amount of time .
I have a recipe like that also. Called No-Bake Triple Chocolate Brownies. I'm wanting to try it out. I need to get some Hazelnuts for it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #944
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
You ladies are so far ahead of me getting all ready for SF. Ugh! I have my list and my luggage out, but that's all. What kind of clothes are you taking? I did buy some snacks today to take along.
I have packed capris and tee shirts. It is still so hot here we are still in summer wear. I also packed a pair of jeans and two blouses. The blouses are in case I feel "under dressed" LOL we tend to be much more casual here than most cities. Also I am bringing a zippered sweatshirt and a wind breaker. Not sure if I will be cold or not. I tend to layer up. I feel like I packed pretty light. At this point in life I can be hot in a flash! LOL My snacks are packed too. Now if I can just get the crop stuff figured out I will be done. It must happen tomorrow as I work the rest of the week. Trying to get my daughter ready also. She has projects at school due when I am away and her first band concert of the school year. She has a dress code for it. Tomorrow we need to make sure she has what she needs for the project and concert. My hubby would do it but I like to.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #945
Crimping Master

Quote:

Good for you Sharon!! I will have to check it out.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #946
Crimping Master

Quote:
I have packed capris and tee shirts. It is still so hot here we are still in summer wear. I also packed a pair of jeans and two blouses. The blouses are in case I feel "under dressed" LOL we tend to be much more casual here than most cities. Also I am bringing a zippered sweatshirt and a wind breaker. Not sure if I will be cold or not. I tend to layer up. I feel like I packed pretty light. At this point in life I can be hot in a flash! LOL My snacks are packed too. Now if I can just get the crop stuff figured out I will be done. It must happen tomorrow as I work the rest of the week. Trying to get my daughter ready also. She has projects at school due when I am away and her first band concert of the school year. She has a dress code for it. Tomorrow we need to make sure she has what she needs for the project and concert. My hubby would do it but I like to.
I'm packing shorts. Im just so used to shorts.i'll take a hoody and socks in case it gets chilly. i'll be wearing my sandals that i practically live in . if I have room , I'll probably bring my pillow and blanket from home . I may get a space bag just so I can. sometimes I cant sleep away from home. sometimes my own pillow and blanket make all the difference in the world . I used to be unable to sleep anywhere but my own bed. I hope that's not the case as I will be one seriously tired person when i get home on Sunday
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #947
Crimping Master

Quote:
You're welcome. Sorry it was late.

no worries. you can send me a beautiful card like that any time . matter of fact if you have any orphan cards in need of a good home, Im your gal. I love getting as well as receiving cards. I save them all . I cant count the number of cards I've saved over the years. even xmas cards. One year I made a scrapbook album of xmas cards sent and rcvd. of course the ones I sent were just pics . I had to get extra posts, it got to be so wide. I may move them . those post bound ones dont look good stuffed like a over stuffed teddy bear . the material its made of only covers posts so wide across . I'll catch a pic someday to show you what I mean
Old 09-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #948
Crimping Master

GM Y'all. Gonna find some breakfast . back later with a packing progress report
Old 09-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #949
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That all sounds good. I have to remember I'm only going to be there for 3 days. I always tend to overpack. I just looked at the forecast and it looks like 60's during the day and 40's at night, so it might be a bit chilly.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #950
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm packing shorts. Im just so used to shorts.i'll take a hoody and socks in case it gets chilly. i'll be wearing my sandals that i practically live in . if I have room , I'll probably bring my pillow and blanket from home . I may get a space bag just so I can. sometimes I cant sleep away from home. sometimes my own pillow and blanket make all the difference in the world . I used to be unable to sleep anywhere but my own bed. I hope that's not the case as I will be one seriously tired person when i get home on Sunday
I'm sure I'll be wearing my flip flops that I do live in. They are Skecher Tone Ups and I love them. I have toe socks that I wear with them in the Winter, so you'll be seeing those
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:41 AM   #951
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
no worries. you can send me a beautiful card like that any time . matter of fact if you have any orphan cards in need of a good home, Im your gal. I love getting as well as receiving cards. I save them all . I cant count the number of cards I've saved over the years. even xmas cards. One year I made a scrapbook album of xmas cards sent and rcvd. of course the ones I sent were just pics . I had to get extra posts, it got to be so wide. I may move them . those post bound ones dont look good stuffed like a over stuffed teddy bear . the material its made of only covers posts so wide across . I'll catch a pic someday to show you what I mean
I save all my cards too (well, most of them) that I receive. I have big albums of them. I can't remember where I got them, but could track them down if you want to know. They have protector pages that are for Polaroid size prints and the regular size cards fit in there perfectly. Not so good if they are square or oversize. They are a binder type so it's easy to put new pages in or move them around if you want to.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #952
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning! I see I am not first today! Busy day, but will check in to see how all the packing is going. I always over pack! There is always something you wished you had packed!
Maggie I have an album like that, now I know what to put in it! My cards people send me are either on my bulletin board for inspiration or in a drawer.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #953
Crimping Master

all right fellow travelling pbr's , we have some choices for our cake fudge. . the original recipe calls
for a yellow cake.mix. honey says he'd be willing to try german chocolate cake mix fudge. What
about y'all? my personal fave cake is red velvet. what can I say? Its my mom's fault. good stuff
Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #954
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. This cold is killing me today. I feel awful.

I can't decide what clothes to pack. I'm. It ready for long pants yet! I was thinking capris and short sleeves but I will bring a sweater or something in case the A/C is cold in the mall and for the evenings. Maybe I'll bring a pair of jeans. Its going to be cold outside friday night waiting for a taxi or the suttle bus if its running that late. Decisions, decisions!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #955
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
all right fellow travelling pbr's , we have some choices for our cake fudge. . the original recipe calls
for a yellow cake.mix. honey says he'd be willing to try german chocolate cake mix fudge. What
about y'all? my personal fave cake is red velvet. what can I say? Its my mom's fault. good stuff
I can't have wheat so you bring whatever you want.
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #956
Crimping Master

Quote:
I can't have wheat so you bring whatever you want.
it can be done gluten free amazingly . poot. i guess i'll just make honeys then
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #957
Crimping Master

Quote:
I'm sure I'll be wearing my flip flops that I do live in. They are Skecher Tone Ups and I love them. I have toe socks that I wear with them in the Winter, so you'll be seeing those
toe socks !!! too cool . where do you get them ? I havent had any for years. i would love some
Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #958
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning. This cold is killing me today. I feel awful.

I can't decide what clothes to pack. I'm. It ready for long pants yet! I was thinking capris and short sleeves but I will bring a sweater or something in case the A/C is cold in the mall and for the evenings. Maybe I'll bring a pair of jeans. Its going to be cold outside friday night waiting for a taxi or the suttle bus if its running that late. Decisions, decisions!
wanna hear something funny? when its cold I still wear my shorts just with long johns and socks. if its really cold I'll wear my boots . when i lived in pa I learned to Love long johns also known as long handles to some folks and wear layers , usually lots of layers
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #959
Stazon Splitcoast

That's just around the house I hope! I am trying to picture shorts with long johns and socks.....so what's the coldest (or lowest) temp you might see in the winter where you live in Texas?
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #960
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

There is nothing like flannel lined jeans for winter in PA!