In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6306Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #681
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Grout on the floor or walls? They make this stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes that looks like shoe polish (squeeze bottle with the foam applicator) that you put in the grout and then wipe off any excess from the tile and makes the grout look new again. We had white tile with white grout at our old house. I'm not sure what other colors it comes in.

My old dishwasher didn't clean ver well either and it wasn't installed properly and wobbled when you opened the door. I don't know how old it was but it finally had to go!
Floors, we bought zep brand but its a liquid. Would love to know the name of the foam, sounds much easier. I'm useing a tooth brush!
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #682
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

The new dishwasher is a frigidaire, gallery model. Its lovely! I can't even tell you how quiet it is. I ran it last night during dinner and dh had to walkover and make sureit was really on.

My old one was a GE and only 5 years old!
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #683
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Happy Anniversary Sharon!
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #684
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
The new dishwasher is a frigidaire, gallery model. Its lovely! I can't even tell you how quiet it is. I ran it last night during dinner and dh had to walkover and make sureit was really on.

My old one was a GE and only 5 years old!
Our old dishwasher was a GE Profile. Hated it! Didn't clean worth a darn.

We bought a Bisch and it is super quiet too. I don't hear a thing when it is on. It has a light that shines on the floor so you know it's running!

Is your grout white? I always used to spray Tilex with bleach on the grout and wait several minutes before cleaning it. If its really dirty looking, I used this:

Tile Grout Coating, White, 4.3oz

It covers the dingy grout and makes it white again. Really easy to use. It doesn't come off and looks brand new again. I would use bleach first if it's really dingy and try to lighten it as much as possible and then use this to go over it. Otherwise you might need to go over it twice. We were in our last house 13 yrs and I still have half a bottle of that stuff. I only used it 3-4 times over 13 yrs.

I know the bathroom floor right in front of the toilet of sink would always get dirty from shoes and feet.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #685
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
Ever heard of B Makowski ? I included a totebag from that line . It was the black thing the rest was wrapped in. its made of some extremely soft denim. It has the name on it
No, I had never heard of them. I had to google it yesterday! Thank you again. That was too sweet of you!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #686
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Our old dishwasher was a GE Profile. Hated it! Didn't clean worth a darn.

We bought a Bisch and it is super quiet too. I don't hear a thing when it is on. It has a light that shines on the floor so you know it's running!

Is your grout white? I always used to spray Tilex with bleach on the grout and wait several minutes before cleaning it. If its really dirty looking, I used this:

Tile Grout Coating, White, 4.3oz

It covers the dingy grout and makes it white again. Really easy to use. It doesn't come off and looks brand new again. I would use bleach first if it's really dingy and try to lighten it as much as possible and then use this to go over it. Otherwise you might need to go over it twice. We were in our last house 13 yrs and I still have half a bottle of that stuff. I only used it 3-4 times over 13 yrs.

I know the bathroom floor right in front of the toilet of sink would always get dirty from shoes and feet.
You shouldn't use bleach on grout, it will break it down and it will start to crumble. Thats what the flooring book says I have anyway.

Our home is only 6 years old so this is the first true grout cleaning. Really just the high traffic areas are in need.
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew

Last edited by ashjoy; 09-04-2013 at 07:13 AM..
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #687
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

anyone recognize this ?
" Over there sits the chair
Where she brang the paper to me
And sit down on my knee and whisper oh I love you
But now she's gone forever
And this old house will never be the same
Without the love that we once knew

Straight ahead that's the bed
Where we lay and love together
And lord knows we had a good thing going here
See her picture on the table
Don't it look like she'd be able
Just to touch me and say good morning dear

There's her rings all her things
And her clothes are in the closet
like she left them when she tore my world apart
As you leave you'll see the nursery
Oh she left me without mercy
Taking nothing but our baby and my heart
Step right up, come on in

trivia question: What is it and original who then remake who

first one with all the correct answers
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #688
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
anyone recognize this ?
" Over there sits the chair
Where she brang the paper to me
And sit down on my knee and whisper oh I love you
But now she's gone forever
And this old house will never be the same
Without the love that we once knew

Straight ahead that's the bed
Where we lay and love together
And lord knows we had a good thing going here
See her picture on the table
Don't it look like she'd be able
Just to touch me and say good morning dear

There's her rings all her things
And her clothes are in the closet
like she left them when she tore my world apart
As you leave you'll see the nursery
Oh she left me without mercy
Taking nothing but our baby and my heart
Step right up, come on in

trivia question: What is it and original who then remake who

first one with all the correct answers
gets 30 small exotic butterfly die cuts. there are 3 diferent
ones,10 of each.
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #689
Stazon Splitcoast
 
hpyscrpr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Happyland
Posts: 26,877
Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2
Default

No fair...don't have a clue but boy did he get DONE lol!!!
__________________
Jackie *sneaky* stalker
Stampin' Up! Demo~Supervisor
Gallery Blog Website
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Creative Knockouts
Simply Create Too
hpyscrpr2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #690
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

Well, I didn't recognize it, so cheated and googled it. The Grand Tour sang by George Jones. Don't know who remade it or if he remade it. Aaron Neville made it popular again in the 90s.
Never heard of it though!
What made you think of it?
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #691
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
You shouldn't use bleach on grout, it will break it down and it will start to crumble. Thats what the flooring book says I have anyway.

Our home is only 6 years old so this is the first true grout cleaning. Really just the high traffic areas are in need.
Never had a problem with it crumbling. Does it depend on the type of grout used? I know the new grout has a type of sand in it.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #692
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Nope, I have no clue either Brandy!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #693
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Well, I didn't recognize it, so cheated and googled it. The Grand Tour sang by George Jones. Don't know who remade it or if he remade it. Aaron Neville made it popular again in the 90s.
Never heard of it though!
What made you think of it?
a memory from my honky tonk angel days. a fond memory @that.

you've got your butterflies coming. I'll mail them in the morning
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #694
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

man, y'all have been chatty. LOL going back to catch up.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #695
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hello!

Thanks Kelly!

I hope you can get rid of those darn critters! How frustrating to keep find more.

DH and I have spent all day working on the kitchen island. We are going to refinish the cabinets in the kitchen. Took us all day to remove the doors, hardware, drawers, then sand, then used a deglosser on them (cuz DH doesn't want to take any chances on base coat ever peeling or coming off). Tomorrow we need to apply the base coat and then top coat as soon as the kids leave for school. Its going to take all day to apply and let each coat dry.

It going to take forever to do the whole kitchen!
I remember those days. Though we used unfinished cabinets when we did the kitchen. When we bought the house there was 1 each upper and lower cabinet... 1950's metal. I wouldn't have minded had there been an entire kitchen like that but just 2 cabinets wasn't going to cut it. LOL I had to remove all the hardware, sand, prime, paint, seal all 14 cabinets for the kitchen, 4 for the studio and 3 for the bathroom.


Just keep reminding yourself you'll LOVE the result... oh yeah, and share pics!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ashjoy like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #696
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

this time we'll do high school days. and the prize will be 10 4.25x5.5 featuring the
musical embossing folder in the shiny gold CS.

I'll be back with your musical clue shortly
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #697
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

nice layout. Love the embossed mats.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #698
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Good morning! I don't envy all the work you have to do in your kitchen re-do, Nancy! We have been there done that. I learned that it is more difficult to live in a re-do than building a house! It is like trying to live in The house while you are building!
Well, 47 years ago today, i married my sweetheart! .
Hope everyone has a great day!
Happy belated Anniversary Blessings, Sharon. Wow! 47 years. That is very cool! You must have married VERY young
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #699
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

sorry you're not feeling well, Maggie. Sounds like the fall gunk has found you. But on the bright side, you should be over it and able to enjoy your trip to ScrapFest.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #700
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

As I read back and caught up, something struck me. It appears as if the PBU group has finally found the group of people who work! At first this group really struggled. I'm happy to see many of our core members still here and the new additions fit so well. I'm happy to be a part of such a fun, supportive group. HUGS!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, ashjoy, nhagen and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #701
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

Okay, I've loafed long enough. The rolls of carpet/ padding are bagged up and in the back of my truck to take to the city dumpster tomorrow. Mayor is kind enough to let me dump it there for a per bag fee as opposed to the city dump fee - which is also a farther drive. Next I have to brave hubby's shop to get the tile scraper so I can get up the flair square tile that was underneath. I'm hoping upon hope I don't find any more fleas in his shop. Aside from the bedroom, that room was the worst.

I'm going in!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #702
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

HI Kelly! Your are here and gone already? Thank you for good wishes, everyone!
We had a great day! Went out to eat last night at Red Lobster, and in fact had more of it today at lunch!
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ashjoy and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #703
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
a memory from my honky tonk angel days. a fond memory @that.

you've got your butterflies coming. I'll mail them in the morning
Whahoo! I still get something even though I googled it?

*forgt to say thank you!
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37

Last edited by smadson; 09-04-2013 at 02:31 PM..
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, ashjoy and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #704
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
this time we'll do high school days. and the prize will be 10 4.25x5.5 featuring the
musical embossing folder in the shiny gold CS.

I'll be back with your musical clue shortly
What is the occasion for the game?
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ashjoy likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #705
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

When do you all go on your trip? Is it this week? I was thinking it was.
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #706
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

I'm not going ;-( but it is the weekend of the 21st.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #707
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,867
Default

Okay... tile gone in the closet and the floor has been sprayed down good with vinegar.

Unfortunately, when I went down to hubby's shop to get the tile scraper, guess what I found? Yep.. FLEAS! Geez! I've set 3 bombs off in that place. And it's suppose to kill larvae for up to like 7 weeks. Really? I'm going to get brave tomorrow and try vacuuming down there... then set off 2 more bombs... at once. I'm thinking I might just be chasing them from one section to the next.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #708
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smadson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,407
Default

Kelly, so sorry you are still battling those critters!
__________________
Sharon
♥♥♥
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
smadson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #709
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
What is the occasion for the game?
sometimes play with kel. thought y'all might like to play 2

I mostly play when I have creative project block. Have a serious case today.
matter of fact I have accomplished exactly zero today.Don't
know what happened. been getting things done left and right. Feeling good to be back in the groove.

anyways she'll be back. my creative muse
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #710
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Never had a problem with it crumbling. Does it depend on the type of grout used? I know the new grout has a type of sand in it.
Not sure, so I contacted tilex, figured it would be much cheaper. they say to follow manufacturers recommendations.
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #711
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

I only used it in the bathroom and I think that is how they market it. It's not 100% bleach. I guess it depends on the tile and grout. I think as long as it is white grout it is ok to use a bleach solution. Colored grout it isn't okay.

Is the floor care book one you bought or is it a care guide from the builder of the house? Is the product your using working?

We have porcelain tile in the entire kitchen/laundry room/foyer/half bathroom etc but it has a grey grout. Same thing with both upstairs bathrooms (grey grout) so I haven't had a a problem with dirty grout. Not even in high traffic areas. I did buy a steam mop for this house and it works great on the tile and grout. The downstairs tile and kids bathroom tile is the original tile and this house is 30 yrs old.

If you have marble or granite floors, I'm not sure if there is any special care for cleaning the grout on those.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #712
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Whahoo! I still get something even though I googled it?

*forgt to say thank you!
never said that you couldn't google it , so yes . maybe next time I'll make that stipulation but I seriously doubt it. its not like its any trouble and we are friends. if you can't do something nice for your friends then who ? from here on in , if its something that I post as a game, challenge , or give away then Google is definitely allowed. not everyone loves music and dancing as much as I do

you're more than welcome.
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #713
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,708
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I only used it in the bathroom and I think that is how they market it. It's not 100% bleach. I guess it depends on the tile and grout. I think as long as it is white grout it is ok to use a bleach solution. Colored grout it isn't okay.

Is the floor care book one you bought or is it a care guide from the builder of the house? Is the product your using working?

We have porcelain tile in the entire kitchen/laundry room/foyer/half bathroom etc but it has a grey grout. Same thing with both upstairs bathrooms (grey grout) so I haven't had a a problem with dirty grout. Not even in high traffic areas. I did buy a steam mop for this house and it works great on the tile and grout. The downstairs tile and kids bathroom tile is the original tile and this house is 30 yrs old.

If you have marble or granite floors, I'm not sure if there is any special care for cleaning the grout on those.
Its from the builder. The grout is an off white. The stuff is working but its very expensive. 12$ a bottle and takes 3-4 bottles just for the downstairs. Then you have to seal it again.
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #714
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,014
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Its from the builder. The grout is an off white. The stuff is working but its very expensive. 12$ a bottle and takes 3-4 bottles just for the downstairs. Then you have to seal it again.
Off white, then definitely no bleach products.

How about a white vinager and water solution? Which means the tile guard won't help since it is for white grout. $12 a bottle sounds expensive! If I lived nearby, I'd bring over my steamer!

We picked out some cabinet/drawer pulls. I'm not sure where DH came up with 44. We recounted and their are 72

The island is finished expect for putting all the doors back on and the drawers and installer the new pulls. So on to the next section!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #715
Stampin' Fool
 
pinkdisneychick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,342
Default

Hello Everyone! Maggie I hope that you are feeling better. No fun to be sick. Kelly .. That is awful you still have unwanted visitors at your place. It does sound like they are moving around from room to room.....dodging the bombs and vinegar. Brandy...I knew I had heard that before but did not know by who. I am terrible with songs. Floor update... They are due back Saturday to fix all the errors and the discount wasn't much. They asked my hubby about it and he thought it was fair. I am in a slight disagreement with him over this....sore subject. LOL wish old Ted would of called me about the discount.... I would of just laughed at him. LOL Anyhow...soon it will be done and over with and off to ScrapFest I will go! What a wonderful thought!
__________________
Brenda "Pinkdisneychick01"
Blog:www.disneygirlcrafts.com
DT Member: Scrapbook Blessings Club
pinkdisneychick01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #716
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
never said that you couldn't google it , so yes . maybe next time I'll make that stipulation but I seriously doubt it. its not like its any trouble and we are friends. if you can't do something nice for your friends then who ? from here on in , if its something that I post as a game, challenge , or give away then Google is definitely allowed. not everyone loves music and dancing as much as I do

you're more than welcome.

matter of fact i'll make the same for all.
ibalady12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #717
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
HI Kelly! Your are here and gone already? Thank you for good wishes, everyone!
We had a great day! Went out to eat last night at Red Lobster, and in fact had more of it today at lunch!
I love Red Lobster. Their cheesy biscuits are the best. I have a recipe to make them and did one time for a family dinner. Yummy!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #718
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Whahoo! I still get something even though I googled it?

*forgt to say thank you!
I Googled it too, but didn't post it. Have you seen the commercials on TV where they try to say that Bing is better than Google. Well, I tried that test with this question and by far Google was much better with the answer than Bing.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #719
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
When do you all go on your trip? Is it this week? I was thinking it was.
We're all leaving on the 19th and it's that weekend, coming home on the 22nd. Soooooooooo excited!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #720
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I'm not going ;-( but it is the weekend of the 21st.
Bummer.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off