Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #641
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I noticed the best way to have people visit your blog is to link cards to challenges. Some challnge blogs, though, don't visit and leave comments.

Blog groups help but when people in your own group don't visit, it is frustrating. Righ now it's summer, and I know I haven't been visiting as much or posting either. I usually visit try to visit on the same day each week. I'd never be able to comment on every post. Some people post daily!
I do that most always when I post a card to my blog. It takes time but I just go through the Paper Playful lists for each day and see what challenges my card fits. I can usually get about 10+ links and I think they most always come and comment on my card. I don't check that, but I do get a lot of traffic and have gotten quite a few that follow me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #642
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning! I have the new recap email ready except I don't know Maggi's arrival time Friday night. I can't find that email. I must have deleted that one with the last recap! I think it is around 10pm or 10:30pm ?????? Is that right Maggie?

Jackie, you've actually been to Scrapfest before so I am assuming the vendor booths are in the Mall and make and takes are like other craft fairs (you show up to the booth and either wait or get lucky and get a seat)?

Any tips or suggestions to get the most out of our time?
Yes, I get in at 10:15 PM. Late night. I need to get my information together to send to you. Do you have my class information?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #643
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yes, I get in at 10:15 PM. Late night. I need to get my information together to send to you. Do you have my class information?
I do have your class info with the times etc. Yours was the only one I had!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #644
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Cool! I like pictures! LOL

The cabinets are 30 yrs old but they are expensive ones. They are in excellent condition and I don't think I could get the same quality if I replaced them. The insides (walls, shelves, drawers etc) are all solid maple and the doors and drawer fronts are all solid oak. Of course it's the oak stain that dates them. We have a large kitchen too so the cost to replace would be huge! Replacing the door and drawer pulls will be expensive. There are 44 of them!!!!
I can understand not wanting to replace them if they are nice quality and still in good condition even though it's a lot of work to refinish them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #645
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Drawer pulls are expensive!i would refinish as well if you are happy with them. I wanted vintage looking glass pulls for my craft room. When I went looking they started at 7$ each. I resorted for pink 2$ drawer pulls from Michaels.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the comments from you all that do visit and comment. Just was pointing out to Sharon that she isn't the only one with just a few visitors. 2 of my groups just kind of died out, so I added 2 more, but even out of those 29 bloggers I'm sure I haven't heard from half of those in over a month. Some haven't even posted to their blogs in longer then that. I just wonder why they join the groups.

I'm haveing a new dishwasher installed today so waiting on the delivery person. Hopefully this will go smoothly!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Quote:
Good morning! I have the new recap email ready except I don't know Maggi's arrival time Friday night. I can't find that email. I must have deleted that one with the last recap! I think it is around 10pm or 10:30pm ?????? Is that right Maggie?

Jackie, you've actually been to Scrapfest before so I am assuming the vendor booths are in the Mall and make and takes are like other craft fairs (you show up to the booth and either wait or get lucky and get a seat)?

Any tips or suggestions to get the most out of our time?
I had so much fun when I went to that event! I was just a SU! customer @ that time so every class interested me LOL!!! I signed up for several but they were mostly scrapbooking ones....lots of cute pages & mini books. I did do one card class because they focused on watercoloring but overall; I had a blast.

The booths were all set up in the middle of the mall & you could just walk right up & watch a demonstration. They had ample space for you to try their tools & toys so you walked away with lots of make n takes. The only time I actually sat down was when I was attending a class & I didn't do any crops.

While the other girls I was with was doing their classes/crops; I either stayed in our suite...we booked a room @ Embassy Suites or I wandered the mall shopping @ different stores. I wasn't bored since the place is so huge & there's so much to see like the aquarium, legoland & the indoor theme park...no way will you be like "gosh, it's so boring here LOL!!!"

Since you guys have some of your classes together--I think; you'll have even more fun & get to socialize more. There was way too much drama with the girls I went with so I was happy to follow my own lead & do my own thing. There's plenty of places to eat so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I'm so jealous of you guys & wish I could go but maybe next year if everything pans out for us. I'm about to be real busy with this hunt & move so we'll see....
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 09-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #647
Crimping Master

Mornin Y'all. sorry im late getting on here but I was job hunting and then hubs wanted the computer . he was on here till just a few minutes ago . he had some errands to run and i told him if he didnt go I would go first . and out the door he went LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Drawer pulls are expensive!i would refinish as well if you are happy with them. I wanted vintage looking glass pulls for my craft room. When I went looking they started at 7$ each. I resorted for pink 2$ drawer pulls from Michaels.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the comments from you all that do visit and comment. Just was pointing out to Sharon that she isn't the only one with just a few visitors. 2 of my groups just kind of died out, so I added 2 more, but even out of those 29 bloggers I'm sure I haven't heard from half of those in over a month. Some haven't even posted to their blogs in longer then that. I just wonder why they join the groups.

I'm haveing a new dishwasher installed today so waiting on the delivery person. Hopefully this will go smoothly!
Drawer and cabinet pulls are so expensive! We have looked in the past and it gets expensive when you have 44 of them!

We got a new dishwasher about a month or two ago. I love my new dishwasher! Sad, I know!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #649
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I can not wait for my new dishwasher, my bottom shelf was not getting clean at all! Its crazy how we miss life's little conveniences when they are failing.

Today I'm spot cleaning some grout to seeif what my husband bought will work. Then will enlist the troops to help do it all. That should be fun!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
I had so much fun when I went to that event! I was just a SU! customer @ that time so every class interested me LOL!!! I signed up for several but they were mostly scrapbooking ones....lots of cute pages & mini books. I did do one card class because they focused on watercoloring but overall; I had a blast.

The booths were all set up in the middle of the mall & you could just walk right up & watch a demonstration. They had ample space for you to try their tools & toys so you walked away with lots of make n takes. The only time I actually sat down was when I was attending a class & I didn't do any crops.

While the other girls I was with was doing their classes/crops; I either stayed in our suite...we booked a room @ Embassy Suites or I wandered the mall shopping @ different stores. I wasn't bored since the place is so huge & there's so much to see like the aquarium, legoland & the indoor theme park...no way will you be like "gosh, it's so boring here LOL!!!"

Since you guys have some of your classes together--I think; you'll have even more fun & get to socialize more. There was way too much drama with the girls I went with so I was happy to follow my own lead & do my own thing. There's plenty of places to eat so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I'm so jealous of you guys & wish I could go but maybe next year if everything pans out for us. I'm about to be real busy with this hunt & move so we'll see....
That's great to know they have so much going on since we will be there the whole weekend!

I tried looking at the MOA website but their map requires flash and I cant do flash in an iPad. So I'll have to use the big computer later and print it out.

How is the house hunting going and the packing?
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #651
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can not wait for my new dishwasher, my bottom shelf was not getting clean at all! Its crazy how we miss life's little conveniences when they are failing.

Today I'm spot cleaning some grout to seeif what my husband bought will work. Then will enlist the troops to help do it all. That should be fun!
Grout on the floor or walls? They make this stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes that looks like shoe polish (squeeze bottle with the foam applicator) that you put in the grout and then wipe off any excess from the tile and makes the grout look new again. We had white tile with white grout at our old house. I'm not sure what other colors it comes in.

My old dishwasher didn't clean ver well either and it wasn't installed properly and wobbled when you opened the door. I don't know how old it was but it finally had to go!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #652
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
Mornin Y'all. sorry im late getting on here but I was job hunting and then hubs wanted the computer . he was on here till just a few minutes ago . he had some errands to run and i told him if he didnt go I would go first . and out the door he went LOL
I hope the job hunting is going well!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #653
Stazon Splitcoast

We got the first coat of color on the island and now it needs to dry 2-3 hrs before the next coat. It looks really good so far!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #654
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I don't envy all the work you have to do in your kitchen re-do, Nancy! We have been there done that. I learned that it is more difficult to live in a re-do than building a house! It is like trying to live in The house while you are building!
Well, 47 years ago today, i married my sweetheart! .
Hope everyone has a great day!
BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Gallery 2015
S2S 2015: +235.62
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #655
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Anniversary!
Crafting When We Can
smadson likes this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #656
Crimping Master

Quote:
Happy Anniversary!
congratulations !
smadson likes this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #657
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Hello ladies, I know you are all getting so excited about your trip woo hoo for youit is not looking like I will make it ~ unless some amazing happening happens lol

but I am excited for all of you and hope to hear all about it and see some great pics too

I did just get a blog post up... so I hope you will stop by soon...

have a great day ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #658
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to Scrapfest. We were hoping to see you there and meet you in person.
Crafting When We Can
mschoener and ibalady12 like this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #659
Stazon Splitcoast

Brandy, thank you very much for the beautiful birthday card. The quilling is beautiful. I especially like the flowers stamped on vellum and the image on the inside is gorgeous! Thank you also for the quilled flower. I have never learned to quill and it would make a cute embellishment on a scrap page!
Crafting When We Can
Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #660
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

And just because you have a lot of followers doesn't mean that they are all going to come leave comments on your blog. I once thought that I'd be able to go around and visit followers, but that just doesn't happen. If someone comes and leaves a comment on my that isn't for a challenge, I do make sure that I go and visit them too.

It's a mystery.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #661
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

We'll miss having you with us Jackie. We haven't heard from VickiJo in awhile to hear whether she was able to get away from work or not. Since we haven't heard, I'm thinking not. I don't think it's going to be boring at all. Looking forward to my classes, meeting up with everyone, and having a grand time!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #662
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
How's the job hunting going? Any thing interesting that you're considering?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #663
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I can not wait my new dishwasher, my bottom shelf was not getting clean at all! Its crazy how we miss life's little conveniences when they are failing.

What brand dishwasher did you get? What did you have before?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #664
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Grout on the flut ioor or walls? They make this stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's that looks like shoe polish (squeeze bottle with the foam applicator) that you put in the grout and then wipe off any excess from the tile and makes the grout look new again. We had white tile with white grout at our old house. I'm not sure what other colors it comes in.

My old dishwasher didn't clean ver well either and it wasn't installed properly and wobbled when you opened the door. I don't know how old it was but it finally had to go!
I'd love to find something like that for my tan grout. I love it and even sealed it when it was installed, but it still gets soiled and stained.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #665
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Good morning! I don't envy all the work you have to do in your kitchen re-do, Nancy! We have been there done that. I learned that it is more difficult to live in a re-do than building a house! It is like trying to live in The house while you are building!
Happy Anniversary Sharon. That' fabulous that you've been together that long. My sis and her DH celebrated their 50th a couple years ago. I can't believe how the times rushes by. I was one of her bridesmaids.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
smadson likes this post.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #666
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hello ladies, I know you are all getting so excited about your trip woo hoo for youit is not looking like I will make it ~ unless some amazing happening happens lol

but I am excited for all of you and hope to hear all about it and see some great pics too

have a great day ...
Your cards are just fabulous Soni. I do love that purple one and the image is just too cute.

So sorry that you're not going to be able to come join us even for a quick visit. I was really looking forward to meeting up with you finally after chatting with you for so many years. I guess that's still something to look forward to.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #667
Crimping Master

Quote:
How's the job hunting going? Any thing interesting that you're considering?
seems to be NO fish in this pond
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #668
Crimping Master

Quote:
Brandy, thank you very much for the beautiful birthday card. The quilling is beautiful. I especially like the flowers stamped on vellum and the image on the inside is gorgeous! Thank you also for the quilled flower. I have never learned to quill and it would make a cute embellishment on a scrap page!
Ever heard of B Makowski ? I included a totebag from that line . It was the black thing the rest was wrapped in. its made of some extremely soft denim. It has the name on it
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #669
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post

have a great day ...
Sad to hear that you won't be able to join us. Hopefully next time.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #670
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Good to know how it all works. Wish you could go with us. Not fun to be with a drama group. Good you were able to do your own thing while you were there. I am super excited to go. I am having slight mom guilt for leaving my girl at home but the minute I board the plane I will leave the guilt behind. LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #671
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Bummer!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #672
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

We got a new one about a year ago. It was like I won the lottery! The old one was awful!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #673
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:
I joined 2 different blog groups in hopes of betting some traffic, I visit anyone who posts to thei blog as soon as I see the project up. It really is only a couple of blogs a day. I guess I just don't understand why you belong to a blog group if you aren't going to blog and or comment.

I see you figured out how to post your beautiful page, good luck!
I notice that I get more traffic when I do a blog hop. The What's on your Workdesk one that Kelly does( a few of us have joined in recently also) are a great supportive group. I really felt that they visited and commented a lot. One or two even followed me. Also, my Wordless Wednesday Disney group tends to visit. Eventually you will get more followers and see blog growth with comments and visitors also. I think it takes a long time. You have a wonderful blog and do beautiful work so they will keep coming back.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #674
Stampin' Fool

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Happy anniversary! Hope it was perfect!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #675
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Kelly, I hope the bombs work. Good luck!

Nancy, that does sound like a ton of work, but its so satisfying when you see a job complete and know that its being done to your liking.

Brenda, they are going to charge you more to fix heir mistake? I would not be happy with that at all! They should fix the issue correctly and at no additional coat to you. Why should youpaybforbthe sales persons mistake. If they had there stuff together an knew what they were doing there wouldn't be any additional cost to you. Just my opinion.

We went shopping then for Thau for dinner, then Rita's for dessert. Dinner was awesome, Rita's not so much.
Hi! No extra charge to fix their mistakes.

Too bad you got a bad dessert!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #676
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:
Brenda, I hope they give you a lot off the flooring! So let us know on Wednesday what he does. I hope they can fix things soon. Do they need to order the right product to fix the transitions?
No they do not need to order the transitions. Funny... I had a bag full of left over product. When Ted was here I asked him if he wanted to see what was left. He looked completely puzzled by this. I think he was floored at what I had left because it was the correct transition pieces! LOL unbelievable but completely true. So.... I have no clue what is on my floor now as the transition. I just know it looks bad. Looking forward to his call tomorrow. I am just so glad that what needs redone does not involve any moving of furniture. I really would need to head to a local hotel if I was going to be in that mess again so soon. LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #677
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Not a very good way to run a business. I'm so surprised that they have a good rating and have stayed in business for so long. He better offer you a very good discount for all that you went through and plus the fact that your brother did most of the finishing work.

Good for you to keep your mouth closed. I don't know if I would have had the self-control for that.
Will let you know how phone call goes and what he offers us. Yes, definitely hard to keep my mouth closed. I honestly think if was a first for me. LOL I hope in the end my patience pays off.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #678
Crimping Master

mornin y'all
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #679
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry. That's one thing that keeps me at my job now even though I'd like to retire and work part time somewhere. Suppose I can't find a PT job. I'm not going to start looking until early next year anyway. Hope you can find something.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #680
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Not such a good morning here. I'm back to not feeling well - sore throat, cough, chest congestion - the whole nine yards. So, staying home to get well. I hate taking off the time to be sick especially since I have so many things going on the rest of the year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts