Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4296Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #561
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, I am amazed at all your energy!! I don't think I could do all that. Moving mattresses, etc.

And I think I have followed all 9 of you on Pinterest now! Yes I have been on there already today! LOL. Yeah. I have that kind of energy!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #562
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
okay. mattresses moved. I've opened up the sofa bed and put the King sized tempurpedic foam on the Queen sized base LOL I'll have a bit more room to sleep on for the next three weeks.

Yes, three weeks. I told Bob tonight the mattresses came off easier than they'll go back so told him I'm going to wait until he comes home to put the bed back together....

Which means my house will be a disaster when my MIL arrives. Don't care LOL
I'm sure she'd rather not have fleas in the house, so it's best to get it all cleaned up even if it means a little discomfort for awhile. Maybe if you tell her, she won't come.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #563
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers. I was "supposed" to take Corey to the vet this morning for his booster shots. Well, that didn't happen. He is such a smarty and a little stinker. Every morning when I get up, he and Casper are at the hallway door waiting for me to get up. He rubs on my legs, wants me to pick him up and pet him and snuggle. Well, NOT this morning. From the get go, he didn't want anything to do with me and wouldn't let me get close enough to grab him even with trying to entice him with treats. I think I'm going to let it slide for now until the next time he lets me hold him in the morning, and I can get him in his crate, then I'll call the vet and see if we can get in that day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #564
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Paper Bloggers. I was "supposed" to take Corey to the vet this morning for his booster shots. Well, that didn't happen. He is such a smarty and a little stinker. Every morning when I get up, he and Casper are at the hallway door waiting for me to get up. He rubs on my legs, wants me to pick him up and pet him and snuggle. Well, NOT this morning. From the get go, he didn't want anything to do with me and wouldn't let me get close enough to grab him even with trying to entice him with treats. I think I'm going to let it slide for now until the next time he lets me hold him in the morning, and I can get him in his crate, then I'll call the vet and see if we can get in that day.
Sounds like a good plan! I remember the days when we had a kitty, when my daughter was at home. They somehow know when you want to do something like that! The stinkers.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #565
Quacker Stamper

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am jumping up and down right now.

They just posted the Copic 2013 Color & Ink Workshop for November 8-9 in Dallas! I sent in my application right away and already got back the confirmation that I'm in the class!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited. I'm also signed up for the Evening Round Table Friday night with the instructors. I can't wait!!!!!!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
nhagen, smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #566
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Thanks Sharon for the happy mail!!!!!!
Crafting When We Can
smadson likes this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Kelly, I am amazed at all your energy!! I don't think I could do all that. Moving mattresses, etc.

And I think I have followed all 9 of you on Pinterest now! Yes I have been on there already today! LOL. Yeah. I have that kind of energy!
LOL I don't have the energy I use to. Ten years ago I'd have done this all in one day rather than one week. Did I mention I'm 5'4" and 185 pounds LOL I'm like a military wife, Sharon. When you are your only option, you do what you have to do.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm sure she'd rather not have fleas in the house, so it's best to get it all cleaned up even if it means a little discomfort for awhile. Maybe if you tell her, she won't come.
I actually like my MIL visiting. Her husband can be another story. We usually lock horns before the week is over with. she gets here on the 18th, Bob gets home on the 19th and I leave on the 20th for 3 days
Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #569
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

They just posted the Copic 2013 Color & Ink Workshop for November 8-9 in Dallas! I sent in my application right away and already got back the confirmation that I'm in the class!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited. I'm also signed up for the Evening Round Table Friday night with the instructors. I can't wait!!!!!!

Thrilled for you, Maggie. I know how much you enjoy the classes and networking. And your cards show how beneficial this courses are.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #570
Stazon Splitcoast

just cruising through tonight. I'm going to spend some time on Pinterest and just chill. had to take an analgesic for a headache earlier today so am kind of hung over. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #571
Crimping Master

Quote:

So excited for you Maggie! Something else to look forward to.

I read about Corey. He is too smart! Really is. I think your plan is a good idea. Catch him off guard. Of course he will be mad later because he got tricked. LOL
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #572
Crimping Master

Just an update on my home improvement project...floors are beautiful! I love the them and yes...they were worth the work (and continual work). The base boards and transition pieces are still awful. I will deal with that at Mondays meeting. I am a bit calmer just knowing the manager/owner is coming to go over the problems with us. On a really good note, I have put all the books (a lot) back in the entertainment center, tv is hooked up and furniture back in place. Most knick knacks are back in the china cupboard. I probably have about a days worth of work left and all will be back in place. I am in such a better mood just seeing the house go back to normal. Also, my dogs are crate trained and they love their crates. Well I have always disliked the lab's crate. He came with it when we got him and it is ugly. He deserves better. LOL anyhow I just ordered him a prettier nicer one. So excited about this. Ha-ha also, he scored a new bed for the family room. I could tell he missed laying on a soft rug. Yes, he is just a little spoiled. Now the poodle, she just demands to sit on your lap at all times. Love her, but sometimes drives me nuts.

Since life here is getting back to normal, I hope to get on Pinterest this weekend and follow you all and I also hope to craft. I have a friend of my daughters spending most of the weekend with us. Her parents are out of town.

Three weeks from today I will be in Minneapolis with you all! I must get my crafting stuff that I am taking figured out. Am SO excited I can hardly stand it!!!!
mschoener, ScrappinCEO, nhagen and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #573
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:
LOL I don't have the energy I use to. Ten years ago I'd have done this all in one day rather than one week. Did I mention I'm 5'4" and 185 pounds LOL I'm like a military wife, Sharon. When you are your only option, you do what you have to do.
Kelly, you crack me up. It is so true though about you are your only option. That is how it is here. My hubby travels a lot for work. Thru this home improvement project I felt like a work horse. He was out of town when I was putting everything back. I was using muscles I didn't even know existed, . He came home from this last trip and said the company was cutting some travel. I am definitely not heartbroken over that. After January they will have more $$$ to spend on travel and off he will have to go. Until then I will be getting his "honey do" list together. LOL
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #574
Crimping Master

Quote:
Thrilled for you, Maggie. I know how much you enjoy the classes and networking. And your cards show how beneficial this courses are.
November ,huh?I'll see what I can do to make you feel welcome on the eastern part of my neck of the woods. See what kind of actvities we can find for after your classes . Are you flying or driving ? On my way back from florida I had a layover in houston I dont remember which airport. you have houston hobby and another one I think . I dont remember its been a while . not sure why you would. flying is such a hassle for such a short flight .
Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #575
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post

I read about Corey. He is too smart! Really is. I think your plan is a good idea. Catch him off guard. Of course he will be mad later because he got tricked. LOL
Talk about smart, DD's bunny is too smart! She decided her medicine wasn't much of a tasty treat after a few days. She started to squirm and wiggle out of my arms (really is easier with two people but I was on my own). Her hind legs even scratch me good a few times with her jumping out of my arms. So I got a towel and wrapped her up like a baby so she can't move her legs and wiggle free. After the second time with the towel, she sees the towel outside her cage and wouldn't come out on her own!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #576
Stazon Splitcoast

Brenda, I'm glad you like the floors. Hopefully they can do something about the transition and the baseboards. Do we get any pictures?
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #577
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aging is the pits! There's a lot that I used to do in my younger days that I can't do anymore either. I hate it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #578
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I actually like my MIL visiting. Her husband can be another story. We usually lock horns before the week is over with. she gets here on the 18th, Bob gets home on the 19th and I leave on the 20th for 3 days
It's just your MIL that is coming?? So, you'll only be there one day with just her. How long is she staying?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #579
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
just cruising through tonight. I'm going to spend some time on Pinterest and just chill. had to take an analgesic for a headache earlier today so am kind of hung over. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.
I hope your head is feeling better this morning so you can get things done again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #580
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I started typing my reply after reading then lost it befor it posted. I hate when that happens!

I love watching funny animal videos. But this one was an awww moment this week.
Tortoise helps friend who's flipped over - YouTube
Old 08-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #581
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

It's so hard to catch them off guard though. He still wasn't having anything to do with me this morning - took a wide berth around me when he wanted to get anywhere. Casper, on the other hand, was easy to trick. It sounded like he needed his meds again so I was able to entice him close enough to me with treats to grab him. Lucky I had the syringe all ready and just popped it in his mouth.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #582
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Just an update on my home improvement project...floors are beautiful! I love the them and yes...they were worth the work (and continual work). The base boards and transition pieces are still awful. I will deal with that at Mondays meeting. I am a bit calmer just knowing the manager/owner is coming to go over the problems with us. On a really good note, I have put all the books (a lot) back in the entertainment center, tv is hooked up and furniture back in place. Most knick knacks are back in the china cupboard. I probably have about a days worth of work left and all will be back in place. I am in such a better mood just seeing the house go back to normal. Also, my dogs are crate trained and they love their crates. Well I have always disliked the lab's crate. He came with it when we got him and it is ugly. He deserves better. LOL anyhow I just ordered him a prettier nicer one. So excited about this. Ha-ha also, he scored a new bed for the family room. I could tell he missed laying on a soft rug. Yes, he is just a little spoiled. Now the poodle, she just demands to sit on your lap at all times. Love her, but sometimes drives me nuts.

Since life here is getting back to normal, I hope to get on Pinterest this weekend and follow you all and I also hope to craft. I have a friend of my daughters spending most of the weekend with us. Her parents are out of town.

Three weeks from today I will be in Minneapolis with you all! I must get my crafting stuff that I am taking figured out. Am SO excited I can hardly stand it!!!!
Brenda, so glad that you're feeling better about the floors and I do hope that they work it all out on Monday when you and they meet. It's not right if they don't fix it.

I bet your lab will be so happy to have a new home and a new bed. My kitties love all their perches. My computer room looks like a kitty play room with all their stuff out there.

Hope you have a good weekend and get lots done.

I know!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and yet anxious at the same time. I still don't have an idea what I'm doing. I hope I can take Monday and just figure it all out. I'm thinking I may just print off a bunch of Christmas images that I want to use for cards and bring them along with a bunch of my Copic markers and color! Then I'll just need to put them together when I get home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #583
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
November ,huh?I'll see what I can do to make you feel welcome on the eastern part of my neck of the woods. See what kind of actvities we can find for after your classes . Are you flying or driving ? On my way back from florida I had a layover in houston I dont remember which airport. you have houston hobby and another one I think . I dont remember its been a while . not sure why you would. flying is such a hassle for such a short flight .
Yep! November. I'm planning to drive up - maybe Thursday evening and stay over to come home Saturday evening unless I decide to stay until Sunday and drive back then. Not quite sure yet. It's a long drive, but if I fly then I'd need to rent a car. Yes, we do have 2 airports - IAH and Hobby. I can fly out of either one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #584
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Talk about smart, DD's bunny is too smart! She decided her medicine wasn't much of a tasty treat after a few days. She started to squirm and wiggle out of my arms (really is easier with two people but I was on my own). Her hind legs even scratch me good a few times with her jumping out of my arms. So I got a towel and wrapped her up like a baby so she can't move her legs and wiggle free. After the second time with the towel, she sees the towel outside her cage and wouldn't come out on her own!
That's what I would normally do with my kitties too if I could catch them! Maybe easier to grab your bunny. They are all so tricky!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #585
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
I started typing my reply after reading then lost it befor it posted. I hate when that happens!

I love watching funny animal videos. But this one was an awww moment this week.
Tortoise helps friend who's flipped over - YouTube
That was very cute. While I was watching it though, I wondered - Who was shooting that video? Why didn't they just turn the other tortoise over?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
nhagen likes this post.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #586
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's what I would normally do with my kitties too if I could catch them! Maybe easier to grab your bunny. They are all so tricky!
I can get her from the cage it's just easier if she hops out on her own. I have to hold the cage door open with my head to get two hands inside to get her. You have to support bunny's hind legs when you pick them up otherwise they think they will be eaten and try to get away! They are prey animals so if a predator picks them up their legs are dangling! so if you put one hand under their feet they are okay when you pick them up.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #587
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That was very cute. While I was watching it though, I wondered - Who was shooting that video? Why didn't they just turn the other tortoise over?
Your using common sense! How are they going to post it on the web if they did that? LOL. It's an online world nowadays.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #588
Crimping Master

Quote:
Brenda, I'm glad you like the floors. Hopefully they can do something about the transition and the baseboards. Do we get any pictures?
Hopefully pictures soon. I have taken some along the way. Your bunny sounds so smart. My mom loves bunnies. Years ago we had a couple. My hubby had one that was house trained in his single days. My mom had trouble keeping hers alive. Sad but true. The only one that made it was one we let be outside all of the time.

A good friend of mine is raising chickens. She got them this past year and now the eggs are appearing. I know more about chickens then I ever thought I would. It is our daily conversation. LOL funny though, my buddy is out of town right now and while typing this I realized that I miss the chicken talk. LOL
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #589
Stazon Splitcoast

HI everyone. I started a post earlier this morning and lost it? Oh well, I had said a lot too. Guess I talk too much anyway....
I just posted on my Blog Tuesday that Tuesdays would be the the days that I would post.
Then I visited Nancy's Blog and read about WOYWA and wondered about doing Wednesdays! I guess I shouldn't get involved in too much.
I am off to the gym, (only second time this week). See you later.
All this Kitty talk, did read Understandblues's kitty story on her Blog. It is so funny.
Proud Fan Club Member
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #590
Crimping Master

Quote:
Brenda, so glad that you're feeling better about the floors and I do hope that they work it all out on Monday when you and they meet. It's not right if they don't fix it.

I bet your lab will be so happy to have a new home and a new bed. My kitties love all their perches. My computer room looks like a kitty play room with all their stuff out there.

Hope you have a good weekend and get lots done.

I know!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and yet anxious at the same time. I still don't have an idea what I'm doing. I hope I can take Monday and just figure it all out. I'm thinking I may just print off a bunch of Christmas images that I want to use for cards and bring them along with a bunch of my Copic markers and color! Then I'll just need to put them together when I get home.
I agree Maggie...slightly anxious myself. Slightly unsure what crafting stuff to take. I also hope to plan it out this weekend.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #591
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
HI everyone. I started a post earlier this morning and lost it? Oh well, I had said a lot too. Guess I talk too much anyway....
I just posted on my Blog Tuesday that Tuesdays would be the the days that I would post.
Then I visited Nancy's Blog and read about WOYWA and wondered about doing Wednesdays! I guess I shouldn't get involved in too much.
I am off to the gym, (only second time this week). See you later.
All this Kitty talk, did read Understandblues's kitty story on her Blog. It is so funny.
That was so funny, and I could relate. The other day my Maggie Mae did that same thing. She was sitting almost in the doorway of the computer room and looking up at the wall or the ceiling. I slowly walked out and turned around expecting to see a large spider or one of those icky tree roaches that fly! There was NOTHING! Silly cat and she kept sitting there staring at NOTHING for a few minutes. Guess it was a phantom something.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
smadson likes this post.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hopefully pictures soon. I have taken some along the way. Your bunny sounds so smart. My mom loves bunnies. Years ago we had a couple. My hubby had one that was house trained in his single days. My mom had trouble keeping hers alive. Sad but true. The only one that made it was one we let be outside all of the time.

A good friend of mine is raising chickens. She got them this past year and now the eggs are appearing. I know more about chickens then I ever thought I would. It is our daily conversation. LOL funny though, my buddy is out of town right now and while typing this I realized that I miss the chicken talk. LOL
Bunnies can be litter box trained. DD's bunny has a litter box. Sometimes she doesn't poop in it. Not sure why but she always goes potty in it.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-31-2013, 04:07 AM   #593
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

After my hair appointment, I'm going to go by Michael's. They have 15% off everything today and I need some Halloween stuff for a swap I'm in. Then I go by the grocery store and pick up the few things I need.

Then hope to come home and do some crafting along with the laundry.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #594
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Maggie, thanks for reminding me. I need two things for Scrapfest. Well 3 but I think I can do without one or borrow. We shall see.

I received my photo printer yesterday and got it set up. It is big and takes a lot of space on my table but I moved a few things around and I still have lots of crafting space. I don't really sit where the printer is anyway.

Now I need to learn how to use it!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #595
Quacker Stamper

Well, I bailed on getting my hair cut. I decided I wasn't quite ready to do that yet. Maybe in another month or so when I go back for color. Maybe I should get a body wave.

I do go to Michael's, but I was very disappointed with their Halloween paper crafting stuff - almost nothing. I did find a cute kitty in a Santa hat stamp that I got. I'm sure that will see some card making this year. I did get some things for the swap, but I think I'll have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby.

Haven't heard from my GF yet about what time she's coming over, so I'm going to get busy on some house stuff - laundry, change the bed linens and then I can get busy on my projects.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #596
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, did your GF make it over to stamp?

Brandy, did you get the Minnie Mouse easel card stuff I sent you?
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #597
Crimping Master

Quote:
Maggie, did your GF make it over to stamp?

Brandy, did you get the Minnie Mouse easel card stuff I sent you?
meant to tell you love the texture of the paper used.
is that cs or sb paper?did you have to cut several dferent
papers and assemble?you'd have to be very good at
placement to make it look rite. they are terrific!!!
thank you very much for making them
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #598
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
meant to tell you love the texture of the paper used.
is that cs or sb paper?did you have to cut several dferent
papers and assemble?you'd have to be very good at
placement to make it look rite. they are terrific!!!
thank you very much for making them
I'm glad you got it! Your very welcome!!

It's all 12x12 Cardstock. I know the white is American Crafts. The heavy black I think is Bazzill. The red and cream might be a from some 8.5x11 cardstock that is some kind of specialty paper for cards.

Yes, they are all cut from the different papers and then assembled. The Cricut has all the cuts on the cartridge and you can select the size you want it to cut. All the layers are part of the cartridge so it's pretty easy.
Crafting When We Can
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #599
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:
I'm glad you got it! Your very welcome!!

It's all 12x12 Cardstock. I know the white is American Crafts. The heavy black I think is Bazzill. The red and cream might be a from some 8.5x11 cardstock that is some kind of specialty paper for cards.

Yes, they are all cut from the different papers and then assembled. The Cricut has all the cuts on the cartridge and you can select the size you want it to cut. All the layers are part of the cartridge so it's pretty easy.
Hi! Can't wait to see the card when it is done
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #600
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I went to Michaels this week as well. They were very limited in Holloween and no Christmas.