Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #521
Quacker Stamper

Good morning all! It's going to be a day here!

Boss is really in pain. He hurt one of his knees a few weeks ago and has been in pain since. I'm not sure what tests they did - if he had an MRI or not, but I know his brother, the doctor, gave him a shot in it, but today he says it didn't really help and is worse. He really needs to get it taken care of. I can see the pain on his face every day. The paralegal was just in here starting to complain about how he was acting and I had to tell her to cut him some slack since he's in pain. He's not going to be at his best.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #522
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Found you. You use Brandy Tinney! Surprise!!!!!!
cool. thanks . I really didnt know
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #523
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I'd love to see your tutorials. Can always learn something new. I use to teach it at Michaels so have everything to follow along.
I think y'all might think thursday of this week . No i meant the thursday of our trip as Brenda and I get there early thursday . just something to do till the other girls get there . if she wants . we'll schedule for the rest of y'all once we get back . Ive got a few irons in the fire right now getting ready for the trip and some folks birthdays . I wonder whose they might be ? LOL
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #524
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
On the left sidebar on my blog I have three scrapbooking links that have sketches for scrapbooking.

Here is one of them:

sketch savvy

Also, on the left side of the above blog, she has some more links to some other scrapbooking places.

How big is the picture you are trying to scrap? I know I hate to cover up pretty things! You can off set the image from the background so it does get completely covered.
I was trying to download the previous sketches but everytime I do Nortons analyzes it and removes it . did you have any trouble ? i think the problem may be that its an exe file . I even tried to view it and save it manually as a pdf but it gave me another error

Instead I went to Echo Park and downloaded some of their freebie stuff.I'll try again later . right now I actually have to get some things accomplished
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
I was trying to download the previous sketches but everytime I do Nortons analyzes it and removes it . did you have any trouble ? i think the problem may be that its an exe file . I even tried to view it and save it manually as a pdf but it gave me another error

Instead I went to Echo Park and downloaded some of their freebie stuff.I'll try again later . right now I actually have to get some things accomplished
I have never downloaded any. I usually pin them to Pinterest so I have everything in one place. Why use up my hard drive! Plus, I can see them from any computer.

Are clicking on the download link that takes you to the 4share site? It could be possible that her files got corrupted on that site and have a virus. You might be able to contact her and let her know which files and what happens.
Crafting When We Can

Last edited by nhagen; 08-27-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #526
Crimping Master

Quote:
I have never downloaded any. I usually pin them to Pinterest so I have everything in one place. Why use up my hard drive! Plus, I can see them from any computer.

Are clicking on the download link that takes you to the 4share site? It could be possible that her files got corrupted on that site and have a virus. You might be able to contact her and let her know which files and what happens.
good point.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #527
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi all.
I've only ever saved the sketches to iBooks so I'm no help.

Friend just left, I was using her silhouette all day. I think I might need one.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning all! It's going to be a day here!

Boss is really in pain. He hurt one of his knees a few weeks ago and has been in pain since. I'm not sure what tests they did - if he had an MRI or not, but I know his brother, the doctor, gave him a shot in it, but today he says it didn't really help and is worse. He really needs to get it taken care of. I can see the pain on his face every day. The paralegal was just in here starting to complain about how he was acting and I had to tell her to cut him some slack since he's in pain. He's not going to be at his best.
men come in two species... big babies or plain stubborn. Guess we know where your boss sits. Hope he gets the knee looked at.
nhagen likes this post.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

I've started emptying the bedroom but have to divide time with writing. Have deadlines and I really want a nap. So far the only thing out of the bedroom is a small dresser and I've emptied one of two bookcases.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #530
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
men come in two species... big babies or plain stubborn. Guess we know where your boss sits. Hope he gets the knee looked at.
I asked him today if he had gotten an MRI. He said no that he just went to his brother (who is an endocrinologist) who gave him a shot, but it didn't work and now hurts more. Duh! You think he'd try something else. I told him he needed to go have it looked at.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't really accomplished anything today!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

two bookcases emptied. Tomorrow I hope to move them out as well as the bed. I also have computer work tomorrow.

I will be taking pics in the morning of my 'other' desk for WOYWW.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #533
Stazon Splitcoast

I figure at this rate, I'll be clearing this bedroom out all week long. Probably pulling carpet about Fri or Sat. Not letting the cats in there and Spirit is not happy.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #534
Stampin' Fool

Hi! Wow! I have missed a lot on here this week! Happy to report that the floors are in and I am beginning to put my stuff back in order. Very sad to report that I am not happy with part of the job they did and will have to have the owner come to my house to see it. Also, on Saturday, five to six hours was spent with no one knowing how to finish the trim. Unbelievable but true! I had to have my brother, who installs kitchens, come over to figure it out. Lucky for me he did and then spent time on Sun and Mon here finishing the corner work. So frustrating. Then I come home today and the last piece they put on, a transisition strip is crooked! I had about 1,000 square feet of flooring put in with a very reputable company. On a good note, I love the colors that I picked and all but the trim and transition strip went well. Job ran over by a few days but I figured it would. Just tired of the mess. Ok I have went on long enough....the card was all that I made while trapped in the craft room. I did a lot of organizing while in there.

@Brandy... I think when I get in for ScrapFest we need to explore Mall of America. I have to get the Disney Store out of my system. Also, I sent away for a tourist book to see what else is there. At some point I hope to go see where Mary Tyler Moore threw her hat. LOL I know, huge tv geek, huh? Don't worry I won't beg anyone to go there. LOL Also, I don't think the others arrive until very late that night so it just may be us until Friday morning. Also, I think ScrapFest kicks off that night so we could check it out. Thanks for the quilling offer...funny that is the class in Oct at my Frayed Knots group. If you want bring it along in case we want to do it. I am sure I can pick up whatever I need to learn there. Can't wait to see and meet you all in person.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #535
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I asked him today if he had gotten an MRI. He said no that he just went to his brother (who is an endocrinologist) who gave him a shot, but it didn't work and now hurts more. Duh! You think he'd try something else. I told him he needed to go have it looked at.
Sorry to hear about your boss! Hope he feels better soon.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #536
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I figure at this rate, I'll be clearing this bedroom out all week long. Probably pulling carpet about Fri or Sat. Not letting the cats in there and Spirit is not happy.
I feel for you Kelly. So not fun!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #537
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi all.
I've only ever saved the sketches to iBooks so I'm no help.

Friend just left, I was using her silhouette all day. I think I might need one.
I have heard great things about the Silhouette. It is computer dependent though, right?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #538
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Great idea about pinning to Pinterest. I need to be "pinning" more! Lol
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #539
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Did you know that eating an apple will help heartburn and indigestion? The apple absorbs the acid in your stomach and then it goes away. I've tried this and it really works.
I must tell my mom this as she always has heartburn.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #540
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I'm at home between feedings for Mom. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but finally got some formula that doesn't make her so sick. Seems great today. It is like up and down every other day. But praise the Lord, today is a good day.

You girls are going to have so much fun. Are you going to be able to chat once in a while on this thread, while you are there?

I would love to learn to quill!

Hope things work out with your kitty, Maggie.
Glad your mom has something that isn't making her sick.

Wish you were going with us! I will definitely try to check in while there. We need to keep our group updated on the happenings
Old 08-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #541
Crimping Master

Quote:
or both
Old 08-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #542
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi! Wow! I have missed a lot on here this week! Happy to report that the floors are in and I am beginning to put my stuff back in order. Very sad to report that I am not happy with part of the job they did and will have to have the owner come to my house to see it. Also, on Saturday, five to six hours was spent with no one knowing how to finish the trim. Unbelievable but true! I had to have my brother, who installs kitchens, come over to figure it out. Lucky for me he did and then spent time on Sun and Mon here finishing the corner work. So frustrating. Then I come home today and the last piece they put on, a transisition strip is crooked! I had about 1,000 square feet of flooring put in with a very reputable company. On a good note, I love the colors that I picked and all but the trim and transition strip went well. Job ran over by a few days but I figured it would. Just tired of the mess. Ok I have went on long enough....the card was all that I made while trapped in the craft room. I did a lot of organizing while in there.

@Brandy... I think when I get in for ScrapFest we need to explore Mall of America. I have to get the Disney Store out of my system. Also, I sent away for a tourist book to see what else is there. At some point I hope to go see where Mary Tyler Moore threw her hat. LOL I know, huge tv geek, huh? Don't worry I won't beg anyone to go there. LOL Also, I don't think the others arrive until very late that night so it just may be us until Friday morning. Also, I think ScrapFest kicks off that night so we could check it out. Thanks for the quilling offer...funny that is the class in Oct at my Frayed Knots group. If you want bring it along in case we want to do it. I am sure I can pick up whatever I need to learn there. Can't wait to see and meet you all in person.
that sounds like a full day. you drink coffee? lets have coffee first , then we can decide how much shopping we want to do . I cant promise any (one)store is going to hold my attention for long. I look @it like I look @tv on vacation . If I wanted to watch tv I could have stayed home . So as your going thru the tourism book , please find stuff you cant do @any other mall . the disney store can be an exception of course I wouldn't expect to skip that one even though i have one in several malls near me . so if I decide to wander I'll come tell you and you can shop in there to your hearts content. not promising I will but its a distinct possibility. that being said I think it would be cool to visit said store with someone who has a passion for it . So no, I wont just drop you off there and leave.

we'll have to get our heads together about specifics hopefully before the trip itself .
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #543
Crimping Master

mornin y'all
Old 08-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #544
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Brenda, sorry they didn't finish the floor properly. How can they not know how to install the trim and a transition piece? Is this the first time they have installed this product? Does the owner of the company always use the same crew (are they his employees) or does he hire contractors off the street for everything (or when he has a lot of work that his regular crew can't do)?

When we had our basement finished that was ine question we asked, if they had their own crew that worked for them.

If they are hiring day workers, who knows what their qualifications or experience and quality of work is.

Maybe they should pay your brother for doing their job for them!

Man, I want to go to the Disney Store!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #545
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

The Disney store here all closed. Loved that place when dd was little.

I hate when contractors don't do things well. I hope they take care of those issues for you quickly.

My flooring is hardwood, which is nice, but I sure could use new furniture.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #546
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking of coffee, my mission at Scrapfest is to find a Twin Cities Starbucks mug!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.5 KB, 4 views)
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #547
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Good morning!

Brenda, sorry they didn't finish the floor properly. How can they not know how to install the trim and a transition piece? Is this the first time they have installed this product? Does the owner of the company always use the same crew (are they his employees) or does he hire contractors off the street for everything (or when he has a lot of work that his regular crew can't do)?

When we had our basement finished that was ine question we asked, if they had their own crew that worked for them.

If they are hiring day workers, who knows what their qualifications or experience and quality of work is.

Maybe they should pay your brother for doing their job for them!

Man, I want to go to the Disney Store!
Hi! His crew...so there is a lot of explaining for them to do. At least the floor is perfect......but that transition piece ... Two of them are awful. It screams REDO every time I look at it. LOL will let you know what the owner says. My brother said I need to create an invoice up and show what it his fee was.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #548
Crimping Master

Quote:
Speaking of coffee, my mission at Scrapfest is to find a Twin Cities Starbucks mug!
ok. i'll try to remind you if you forget
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

You are all gong to have so much fun at Scrapfest! Just a trip, just getting away!! . I want to see Mall of America one of these days! Isn't like a little city almost?
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 93/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$59.13
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #550
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
sure Sharon . We can work out the details . I don't have the ability to do a video tutorial. I used to be a trainer so I could probably work up something written for y'all . How about if Brenda decides to, she can be my guinea and based on her feedback I would make a formal tutorial for y'all.
sorry to jump in back here but I was looking up y'all logins for pinterest. no luck with either of nancys . i'll use her link on her blog in a minute . Sharon, is it Sharon Mae Madson? when I put in sharon mae , i get serveral that have no last name .
Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #551
Crimping Master

been to pinterest. got all except soni and vikki. will have to get specifics from them. didnt know which one to pick
Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #552
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think Soni is on Pinterest. But here's Vikki's - Vikki Selix (vikkiselix) on Pinterest

And yes, Sharon is Sharon Mae: Sharon Mae (teapotter2) on Pinterest

and I can't remember what you said about Nancy's but here's hers: N Hagen (scrappaperglue) on Pinterest

Does that help?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

I've gotten my music post done for tomorrow. I love the networking benefit of that post but it takes me about 6 hours to do from start to finish Ugh! Scheduled for the Thu. morning drive show for my TX dj's.

Now I'm off to find something to eat then move mattresses/ bed frame. double ugh!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #554
Stampin' Fool

Hi! I called the flooring company this morning. I spoke with the owner/manager. We have a meeting scheduled for Monday morning. He said that they will take care of my problems. Glad meeting is a few days away....I can make my list for him. LOL

Hope all are having a good day. Kelly, sorry to hear all the work you have. Ugh is right.
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #555
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I guess I'll add in my $.02 worth of opinion here too. That SUCKS! That's terrible that the installers didn't even know what they were doing. How long have they been in business? I think if I were your brother, I'd send them a bill too for the work he did that they should have been doing and that they got PAID to do and didn't! Oh, I'm so burned for you! I'm glad that you like the color and the rest of it anyway. I hope that they'll make this right for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
nhagen and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #556
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your boss! Hope he feels better soon.
Thanks. Yesterday I printed off the information about he Orthopedist my sis and I both went to. My sis actually had the knee surgery by this doctor. I was surprised this morning when he told me that he made an appointment for this afternoon. yeah! I'm waiting to hear what happened.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
nhagen likes this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't think Soni is on Pinterest. But here's Vikki's - Vikki Selix (vikkiselix) on Pinterest

And yes, Sharon is Sharon Mae: Sharon Mae (teapotter2) on Pinterest

and I can't remember what you said about Nancy's but here's hers: N Hagen (scrappaperglue) on Pinterest

Does that help?
I found Vikki! Thanks!

I found Brandy now. She find me first!

I think I have everyone now that is on there.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

okay. mattresses moved. I've opened up the sofa bed and put the King sized tempurpedic foam on the Queen sized base LOL I'll have a bit more room to sleep on for the next three weeks.

Yes, three weeks. I told Bob tonight the mattresses came off easier than they'll go back so told him I'm going to wait until he comes home to put the bed back together....

Which means my house will be a disaster when my MIL arrives. Don't care LOL
smadson and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #559
Crimping Master

Quote:
okay. mattresses moved. I've opened up the sofa bed and put the King sized tempurpedic foam on the Queen sized base LOL I'll have a bit more room to sleep on for the next three weeks.

Yes, three weeks. I told Bob tonight the mattresses came off easier than they'll go back so told him I'm going to wait until he comes home to put the bed back together....

Which means my house will be a disaster when my MIL arrives. Don't care LOL
all that plus open space in your bedroom?sounds humungous. as for more room, the fact that Bob is MIA (working) would seem to create plenty of room by itself
Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #560
Crimping Master

Nancy! just finished it.!!! According to the post office should be Saturday, tuesday @the latest. Monday is a holiday
nhagen likes this post.