Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6328Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #441
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
i bought a travel album kit too just for the occasion. I havent read the details about the class in awhile . will we be making 2 albums ?
No, just one in the Capture Travel class, but I'm also doing the Santa's List Album class. I"m not sure that I need photos for the Santa album.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #442
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
on your blog ? i'll look in a minute
No not on my blog. I printed off the images and did the hair and then I put them in the mail to you today. I did mark through the images though so they can't be used. I don't want us to get in trouble for sharing images that we're not supposed to. I thought you could see them much better if you had them in hand.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #443
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
It must be take the pets to the vet week.Happy Friday! I had to take DD1's rabbit to the vet today. She keeps holder her head sideways and won't use one eye. Vet said it could be two things and gave her antibiotics. I hope she's right and the bunny gets better, otherwise DD won't be happy.
I hope the meds will help the little bunny and she'll be be better in no time.

I don't remember what time my appointment is for Corey tomorrow which means I'll have to get up early and call them. Usually they'll call me to remind me, but they didn't this time. I guess because it's not a surgery and he doesn't have to be fasting or anything.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #444
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
No not on my blog. I printed off the images and did the hair and then I put them in the mail to you today. I did mark through the images though so they can't be used. I don't want us to get in trouble for sharing images that we're not supposed to. I thought you could see them much better if you had them in hand.
thank you. no worries . I'll probably get them some time if they are still available .i know she retired some not that long ago .wouldn't want to violate their angel policy either
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #445
Stampin' Fool

Hi! Brandy what classes did you sign up for at Scrap Fest? Are you in the travel album class? Also you and I arrive the earliest so I will call you once I get to the hotel. I figure all of us will firm up our plans closer the time but wanted to mention about Thursday.

The floors are coming along...still not done. I have had my poodle at the Groomers doggy daycare for the last two days. She knows them from going to get groomed. She is safer and happier there than home with the construction. My lab mix big guy, Boots, is happy all the time so he has been easy.

Due to the fact my craft room is where I had to stay this afternoon (rest of house was being worked on or used to store the furniture) I made a quick card. Hope to post it this weekend.

Hope everyone is good!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #446
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Lots of things going on in my world. Since Bob picked up an extra week at work we went last weekend to celebrate our anniversary. 9 days after he gets home we'll head to Paducah for 3 days to celebrate my birthday. I'm combining that with a research trip for my next novella.

I have the contract for my first novella, Somewhere Down the Line. I'd pinch myself if I knew it wouldn't hurt

The music business is really picking up. I write for 2 publications now as well as my own promotion work for various TX musicians.

To top everything off I'm trying desperately to get a handle on the studio stuff. I've been pitching and donating for a month in prep for my Organizations class coming in January.

What's everyone else up to?
Excited for you Kelly!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #447
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hi! Brandy what classes did you sign up for at Scrap Fest? Are you in the travel album class? Also you and I arrive the earliest so I will call you once I get to the hotel. I figure all of us will firm up our plans closer the time but wanted to mention about Thursday.

The floors are coming along...still not done. I have had my poodle at the Groomers doggy daycare for the last two days. She knows them from going to get groomed. She is safer and happier there than home with the construction. My lab mix big guy, Boots, is happy all the time so he has been easy.

Due to the fact my craft room is where I had to stay this afternoon (rest of house was being worked on or used to store the furniture) I made a quick card. Hope to post it this weekend.

Hope everyone is good!
just the crop and xmas one .not part of the travel album class . just bought it for the ocassion. I may even leave it @home . depends on whether I make any pre-trip layouts or not . right now i havent'. still getting together every thing i already planned out . dont know if i will add or not

is there something specific you want to do thursday while we wait for the other girls ?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #448
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
I hope the meds will help the little bunny and she'll be be better in no time.

I don't remember what time my appointment is for Corey tomorrow which means I'll have to get up early and call them. Usually they'll call me to remind me, but they didn't this time. I guess because it's not a surgery and he doesn't have to be fasting or anything.
Thanks Maggie!

Poor Corey. He's not going to be happy to go to the vet again. I know someone an another thread that had to bring her cat to the vet this week too.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #449
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm not taking any photos with me even for the 2 albums I'm making. I'll make the albums and add photos later. That is really too much pressure. Besides, I hope to get lots of pictures on the trip to put in my Capture Travel album.
I'd rather bring the pictures with me and close to the sizes they ask for so I can make them work on the page and not come home with a half finished LO. I was looking at the Carte Postale LO and I will end up turning one page sideways and making a few changes to embellies placement.

If I had not gone through my stuff I would have made the layout as is and had a harder time using it.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #450
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks Maggie!

Poor Corey. He's not going to be happy to go to the vet again. I know someone an another thread that had to bring her cat to the vet this week too.
Well, it didn't happen this morning. I had to reschedule for Thursday. I should have gotten him in his crate first thing in the morning when he comes and loves all over me. When it came time to put him in there, he didn't want me any where near him. He's so smart! I thought I could corner him in the bathroom and get him, but he wasn't having any of it. Hissed and growled at me. I rescheduled for Thursday morning and I'll just crate him first thing in the morning if he's still talking to me by then.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #451
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'd rather bring the pictures with me and close to the sizes they ask for so I can make them work on the page and not come home with a half finished LO. I was looking at the Carte Postale LO and I will end up turning one page sideways and making a few changes to embellies placement.

If I had not gone through my stuff I would have made the layout as is and had a harder time using it.
That's good that you have it all laid out already in your mind, but I'm hoping to get pictures from our trip to put in the album, so I'll have to make them work for it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #452
Quacker Stamper

I"m going to go get myself dressed and out to the grocery store early. I also need to go to JC Penny and return a few items. Hope that isn't a problem. They were things I had gotten for my window coverings, but didn't use them and then there is the broken shade that I had to rebuy. After that I'll have the rest of the weekend for me to get some cards done in the stamp room.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
smadson likes this post.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #453
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's a great idea. I'm going to have to see if I can find one of those and then see if I can find a place to put it for those odd stamps that I have scattered in drawers.
I like being able to pull my loose (mostly $1 stamps) out of the drawer and put them in the tray on my desk while I'm working instead of having them scattered on the work surface in my way. I can also take them from my 'card' area into the other room where I work on assembly line projects and mixed media stuff. I thought about revamping my stamp storage when I get a studio and use these for all of my loose stamps. Then I can just remove the vent tray with all the same themed stamps from the shelf and carry them to where I am working. Still working on that though.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #454
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post

Hope everyone is good!
Lots of activity at your house. And darn being quarantined to the craft room. That must have been rough!

My cards to y'all are going to be late... but they'll arrive in Sept. Having a flea problem in our bedroom. Instead of working in the studio today I'm doing laundry and detailing the bedroom. FUN!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #455
Crimping Master

@brenda. wanna learn to quill thursday? I can teach you in a matter of minutes.
i'll bring abox of quilling strips.I'll have to find you quilling
tool as I only have 1.its pretty easy to learn you might even get boredd
If you do,its no biggie and you will have learned a new skill.
what do you think?
Old 08-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #456
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm at home between feedings for Mom. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but finally got some formula that doesn't make her so sick. Seems great today. It is like up and down every other day. But praise the Lord, today is a good day.

You girls are going to have so much fun. Are you going to be able to chat once in a while on this thread, while you are there?

I would love to learn to quill!

Hope things work out with your kitty, Maggie.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #457
Crimping Master

@nancy whats a good source for scrapbook layouts ? Im working on one where I have my main focal point but it doesn't work for color blocking . i also found this terrific paper that when you emboss it looks like ceiling tiles . its awesome .I have an EF that has music notes that i used on that paper. I would make that paper the background however the main image obliterates most of the effect if I do . I wanna do the traditional title bar and borders . and so far have nothing for picked for either .
TIA
Old 08-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #458
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I'm at home between feedings for Mom. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but finally got some formula that doesn't make her so sick. Seems great today. It is like up and down every other day. But praise the Lord, today is a good day.

You girls are going to have so much fun. Are you going to be able to chat once in a while on this thread, while you are there?

sure Sharon . We can work out the details . I don't have the ability to do a video tutorial. I used to be a trainer so I could probably work up something written for y'all . How about if Brenda decides to, she can be my guinea and based on her feedback I would make a formal tutorial for y'all.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #459
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
@nancy whats a good source for scrapbook layouts ? Im working on one where I have my main focal point but it doesn't work for color blocking . i also found this terrific paper that when you emboss it looks like ceiling tiles . its awesome .I have an EF that has music notes that i used on that paper. I would make that paper the background however the main image obliterates most of the effect if I do . I wanna do the traditional title bar and borders . and so far have nothing for picked for either .
TIA
On the left sidebar on my blog I have three scrapbooking links that have sketches for scrapbooking.

Here is one of them:

sketch savvy

Also, on the left side of the above blog, she has some more links to some other scrapbooking places.

How big is the picture you are trying to scrap? I know I hate to cover up pretty things! You can off set the image from the background so it does get completely covered.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #460
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hopefully there will be time to post while we're there.

That's good you found something that doesn't make your mom sick.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #461
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Glad you've found something her body might accept. Will keep her in my prayers.

Sharon, since you're not close to Brandy or I, there are some great quilling videos on YouTube. In a pinch, you can use a toothpick instead of a quilling tool.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #462
Stazon Splitcoast

Sketch Savvy is one of my favorites. I also get a lot from Creating Keepsakes and from Pinterest. If you're on Pinterest either check out my scrapbooking board or do a search for scrapbooking sketches and you'll get a ton.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #463
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd love to see your tutorials. Can always learn something new. I use to teach it at Michaels so have everything to follow along.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #464
Crimping Master

Quote:
Glad you've found something her body might accept. Will keep her in my prayers.

Sharon, since you're not close to Brandy or I, there are some great quilling videos on YouTube. In a pinch, you can use a toothpick instead of a quilling tool.
that might be a bit of a challenge. the quilling tool has a slot for the paper. the toothpick doesn't. wouldn't be as easy. not that it couldn't be done
kelly i didnt know you could quill
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #465
Crimping Master

Quote:
Sketch Savvy is one of my favorites. I also get a lot from Creating Keepsakes and from Pinterest. If you're on Pinterest either check out my scrapbooking board or do a search for scrapbooking sketches and you'll get a ton.
true . but y'all can save me the trouble of culling out the garbage from the good. lots of worthless carp on the net

so thanks to both of y'all . do you use pinterest much? at first it was interesting but I haven't been back since . i even manage to get notifications that someone is following me on pinterest. considering I havent added a thing in probably 6 months I find that amusing. maybe i should . more exposure for my gallery
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #466
Stazon Splitcoast

Pinterest is the only 'free' time I get on the net... well except now that I'm back on here hehe.
I work 12 hours a day on the computer. So I enjoy scrolling Pinterest with my cup of coffee in the morning before the long work day starts. I have over 50+ boards and use a lot of things.
It's like having a Favorites you can never lose if your computer crashes
Old 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #467
Stazon Splitcoast

I am KellyH or colormuse. I think you can find me under either one. I've been using a lot of recipes, get tons of tutorials and ideas for art journals/ mixed media as well as card ideas.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #468
Stazon Splitcoast

you mentioned the carp on the net. That's the other reason I like Pinterest. Someone else has already done that. I follow people who are pinning things i like then that's what comes up on the page when I sign in. What's on my main page may not be what you see on yours based on who you're following. Example: I follow mixed media artists so I get a lot of mixed media and art journal pins on my page.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #469
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Pinterest too to save examples of layouts or sketches that I like. But everyone's taste are different whether it's on Pinterest or a blogs so sometimes there is still looking through carp to find what you like!

I think I am either nhagen or nancyh on Pinterest. I have a follow me link on my blog if you can't find me. I have a bunch of scrapbook stuff on there.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #470
Crimping Master

Quote:
I use Pinterest too to save examples of layouts or sketches that I like. But everyone's taste are different whether it's on Pinterest or a blogs so sometimes there is still looking through carp to find what you like!

I think I am either nhagen or nancyh on Pinterest. I have a follow me link on my blog if you can't find me. I have a bunch of scrapbook stuff on there.
this is probably no big suprise but I have no idea which name I use . then again I dont know my amazon login and password . the computer knows and thats sufficient to access .
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #471
Crimping Master

Quote:
this is probably no big suprise but I have no idea which name I use . then again I dont know my amazon login and password . the computer knows and thats sufficient to access .
i am so shallow . I was just on pinterest and taking stuff off . there is too much stuff my mind wanders .its a good thing you can go back later when you mind wanders back from wherever it went
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #472
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Brenda, what did you do the rest of the day in your scrap room? And how long will the quarantine be?

Sharon, that's great you found something. I had constant heartburn and nothing seemed to help when I was on TPN. Glad it's a good day, and hopefully the day becomes a week.

I've been stamping all weekend, even did a video tour on my blog of my craft room.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #473
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Forgot to say I'm on pinterest as well. You can find me under Ashjoy or my real name.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #474
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm so glad that things are going better with your mom, Sharon. I'm sure she's happy about that too. Yes, all you can do is put it in His hands.

I wasn't planning on taking my laptop with me to SF, but I'll most likely have my Kindle Fire. I know I can get on and read, and I think I can post, but I haven't tried it in awhile.

I've wanted to learn quilling also for some time, but haven't taken the time to learn.

Corey is doing better. He let me pet him this morning. I didn't try to pick him up yet though. He's still a little freaked from me trying to catch him yesterday.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #475
Quacker Stamper

Good morning ladies!

I ended up going out to the movies last night with a GF. I had called her on Thursday to wish her a Happy Birthday, but didn't hear anything back until yesterday morning. We went to see The Butler. Really, really good show. There's a lot of history there. It was so funny because Alan Rickman (whom I love) played Ronald Reagan. I thought he looked like Alec Baldwin, but his voice is so distinctive, it did sound like Alan. We had to watch the credits so we could see who everyone was.

I did miss a call from my DD in CA. I was going to call her this weekend, so I'll probably try her back this evening.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #476
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, Nancy. I'm looking at your craft storage board and your cover pic is the vent tray! LOL I'll bet Pin is where I saw it. LOL
Old 08-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #477
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Okay, Nancy. I'm looking at your craft storage board and your cover pic is the vent tray! LOL I'll bet Pin is where I saw it. LOL
Yep! I pinned that a long time ago and gave up looking for it. I even saw at a building in the ceiling a vent tray just like it. I thought I couldn't find it at home improvement stores because maybe it was considered an industrial item not something for homes. I guess I just needed to look in a different area of the store!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #478
Stazon Splitcoast

Great tour of your studio, Joyce! You are indeed organized. Some great storage tips and the lighting thing, very cool.

You're one of the few I've seen use kitchen base cabinets so your counter/ desk is higher. I have that in my office side and it took me forever to find a stool that fit comfortably for me spending hours at the computer. Where did you get yours?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #479
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Forgot to say I'm on pinterest as well. You can find me under Ashjoy or my real name.
Following
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #480
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm working on laundry. Pulling a couple of the smaller pieces of furniture out of the bedroom in prep for a re-bomb. Ugh. Today would have been a perfect day to be out working in the garden shed for a bit.

I went out there to get dog food yesterday and found the cutest lizard perched on my bench cushion. Not sure how he got in there. He isn't a 'tiny' lizard... probably 7-9" tip to tail. I think I'll leave the shed door open today and see if he finds his way out. Though the shed is really warm when it is shut up. He might actually like it in there LOL