Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2807Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #361
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I'll cut out a few more and mail them to you probably on Monday. If you change your mind, you can always use the minnie mouse for something else!

I think I'll cut one for me too and send one to DD in college.
thank you . did the pics I attached help to explain how the easel is made and how it works? hopefully it did
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
thank you . did the pics I attached help to explain how the easel is made and how it works? hopefully it did
your welcome! I had already figured it out thanks to google the day before. Thanks for the creative challenge!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #363
Insane Embellisher

Nancy , here is the tutorial for the side step card
Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #364
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #365
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #366
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Brandy, thanks for the link to that tutorial and glad to see that Nancy was able to help you with your Disney card. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Boss is out today so it should be a good day. I have lots to do though. We have 4 mediations next week and lots of paperwork to do to get ready.

One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #367
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Nancy , i made this with you in mind . still working on the dimensions for the big sparkly image i made the other day. hasnt been as easy to convert as I thought it would be .with her sparkly background she is about 5 1/2 wide x 12. I don't think i cut the background down at all. so it is probably the full 12 inches.

making it wider is easy. its the dimensions of the panels for lack of a better word thats the hard part . i had the left side 7 tall but then the right side steps didnt work out right . i even tried adding an inch to every step and that didnt work either . so back to the drawing board for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (29.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (28.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Nancy , i made this with you in mind . still working on the dimensions for the big sparkly image i made the other day. hasnt been as easy to convert as I thought it would be .with her sparkly background she is about 5 1/2 wide x 12. I don't think i cut the background down at all. so it is probably the full 12 inches.

making it wider is easy. its the dimensions of the panels for lack of a better word thats the hard part . i had the left side 7 tall but then the right side steps didnt work out right . i even tried adding an inch to every step and that didnt work either . so back to the drawing board for me
It looks pretty good to me!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #369
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Off to get some breakfast and then out the door. Need to go to the PO and mail off a package. Gotta hit the grocery store for some food for tomorrow's dinner and need to stock up on vitamins again. I hope my store has their buy one, get one free deal going. That's when I like to buy my expensive ones.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #370
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good morning friends! Wanted to pop in & wish you all a happy weekend. I'm relaxing in bed & looking forward to a wonderful rest of the day!!! I wish you all the same!!!!!
nhagen likes this post.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #371
Insane Embellisher

Simply Betty Stamps is having 2 mega bundle sales check it out Simply Betty Stamps
Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #372
Insane Embellisher

Hello everyone! Joyce...so sorry to hear about your uncle. Always hard to lose a loved one. Brandy...glad Nancy could help you with the Minnie Mouse. If you ever need to reach me quick please e-mail me. I just realized that I have not checked our thread recently. I have visited your blogs but not the thread. It is quite hectic here as new floors are going in mid week. We have been busy unloading all of our stuff out of the hutch, entertainment center, etc. I feel like I am moving. Also, I had a sick daughter on Friday. She is fine now...head cold or bad allergies..not sure. Jackie...Glad to see you up and about. Loved your recent post about your kids. Glad you enjoyed the card I sent. Felt bad you were on bed rest (I have been on bed rest before -- no fun! Did two months in the hospital prior to having my daughter). Sharon...Yes! ScrapFest is still a go and I am SUPER excited!!! Cannot wait!!! Just a little over a month away. Did I mention that I cannot wait???!!! Maggie...I never did get any Simply Betty stamps during the sale. I missed the first one and then didn't quite think I needed so many images even though the deal was fantastic on the 2nd sale. Love her stuff though!! Nancy....I chuckle every time I read about you & your daughter. Mine and I are either getting along great or bickering. No middle area with us. She is too much like me I am afraid to say. Also..I think girls are just tough at this age. LOL She is a good kid just so strong willed. Today she was bored and said to me ... well you at least had a brother to do things with. LOL First time she played the I don't have a sibling card. Needless to say I found things for her to do... like helping unload the entertainment center. I don't think she will say she is bored tomorrow. LOL! I spent my morning going to Estate sales. Really should of been home preparing for the floors to be installed. Found some fun stuff. All on the blog. Also had quality time with my mom and step brother. Well that's all I have. Wish me luck with the home improvement project (floors). I do not function well when the house is a disaster. (Which it is!). Happy Weekend!!! Oh! Loved your Minnie you made Nancy!! Not sure if I already said that. Also, Brandy I saw your FB post and shared it on my Disney Girl page. Take care all!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #373
Quacker Stamper

Good morning and Happy Sunday!

Brenda, I understand what you are going through. I had my floors refinished and ceramic tile installed about 6 years ago. Everything in the house had to be packed up and taken down off the walls. Yes, it was like moving and I don't want to ever have to do that again. Although I had to do it a little bit to have the windows installed, it wasn't quite so bad. And all the furniture had to be moved around. Everything in the rooms with the wood floors - 3 bedrooms, hallway, and living room had to be moved into the kitchen/dining room and my computer room. After the wood floors were done, everything was moved into those rooms so the ceramic tile could be installed. The one good thing was that I had the rooms all painted at the time since they were all empty. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #374
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning and Happy Sunday!

Brenda, I understand what you are going through. I had my floors refinished and ceramic tile installed about 6 years ago. Everything in the house had to be packed up and taken down off the walls. Yes, it was like moving and I don't want to ever have to do that again. Although I had to do it a little bit to have the windows installed, it wasn't quite so bad. And all the furniture had to be moved around. Everything in the rooms with the wood floors - 3 bedrooms, hallway, and living room had to be moved into the kitchen/dining room and my computer room. After the wood floors were done, everything was moved into those rooms so the ceramic tile could be installed. The one good thing was that I had the rooms all painted at the time since they were all empty. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you.
Thanks Maggie! I am so close to having everything unloaded. Hubby did his share today. Product arrives tomorrow and installation begins on Thursday. It is going in my family room, living room and dining room. Good-bye carpet, hello new floors! It will look like hard wood but it isn't. Hope I picked the right colors. Will let you know. Have a good evening.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hello everyone! Joyce...so sorry to hear about your uncle. Always hard to lose a loved one. Brandy...glad Nancy could help you with the Minnie Mouse. If you ever need to reach me quick please e-mail me. I just realized that I have not checked our thread recently. I have visited your blogs but not the thread. It is quite hectic here as new floors are going in mid week. We have been busy unloading all of our stuff out of the hutch, entertainment center, etc. I feel like I am moving. Also, I had a sick daughter on Friday. She is fine now...head cold or bad allergies..not sure. Jackie...Glad to see you up and about. Loved your recent post about your kids. Glad you enjoyed the card I sent. Felt bad you were on bed rest (I have been on bed rest before -- no fun! Did two months in the hospital prior to having my daughter). Sharon...Yes! ScrapFest is still a go and I am SUPER excited!!! Cannot wait!!! Just a little over a month away. Did I mention that I cannot wait???!!! Maggie...I never did get any Simply Betty stamps during the sale. I missed the first one and then didn't quite think I needed so many images even though the deal was fantastic on the 2nd sale. Love her stuff though!! Nancy....I chuckle every time I read about you & your daughter. Mine and I are either getting along great or bickering. No middle area with us. She is too much like me I am afraid to say. Also. .I think girls are just tough at this age . LOL She is a good kid just so strong willed. Today she was bored and said to me ... well you at least had a brother to do things with. LOL First time she played the I don't have a sibling card. Needless to say I found things for her to do... like helping unload the entertainment center. I don't think she will say she is bored tomorrow. LOL! I spent my morning going to Estate sales. Really should of been home preparing for the floors to be installed. Found some fun stuff. All on the blog. Also had quality time with my mom and step brother. Well that's all I have. Wish me luck with the home improvement project (floors). I do not function well when the house is a disaster. (Which it is!). Happy Weekend!!! Oh! Loved your Minnie you made Nancy!! Not sure if I already said that. Also, Brandy I saw your FB post and shared it on my Disney Girl page. Take care all!
They definitely are! She is getting better. I noticed this summer she wasn't as moody and argumentative. She definitely knows how to push my buttons!

What kind of flooring are you getting? laminate?

I think I would like to put hardwood in my living room. It is sunken and I think hardwood would look nice. I think DH would like hardwood in the dining room too. Probably not for a few more years!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #376
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I use my cell phone to take pictures of my layouts! Yep, I just put the layout on the floor near the window for the natural,light and use my cell phone. I even crop it on the phone.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #377
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Joyce, I use my cell phone to take pictures of my layouts! Yep, I just put the layout on the floor near the window for the natural,light and use my cell phone. I even crop it on the phone.
yours sounds more advanced than mine and I hardly know how to use any of the features it has
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #378
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wow! That's great! The thing I don't like about my cell phone now is that I can't download the photos off of it. I have to send them to my e-mail and that could be a pain if I have a lot of them. At least with my Blackberry, I could get them off the cell phone easier. What kind of phone do you have?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #379
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Wow, do you just use an app for that if so wich one?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #380
Stazon Splitcoast

I have an iPhone. No special app just the camera feature on the ohone. I just stand over the layouts and make sure the phone is level (so there's an equal amount of space on all sides) so when I crop it, it is nice and square. I can upload to my computer but if I'm just posing to my blog, I email the picture to myself after cropping. Then I don't have to do anything except download and post. It's faster to Dothan then connect the phone to the computer, then iTunes, and wait for all the pictures and updates etc. to load etc.

I used to use my good camera, but then there is the wait time to upload one photo, then the time it takes to load the photo editing software. It's takes 5x longer this way!
Crafting When We Can
mschoener, ashjoy and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #381
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I have an iPhone. No special app just the camera feature on the ohone. I just stand over the layouts and make sure the phone is level (so there's an equal amount of space on all sides) so when I crop it, it is nice and square. I can upload to my computer but if I'm just posing to my blog, I email the picture to myself after cropping. Then I don't have to do anything except download and post. It's faster to Dothan then connect the phone to the computer, then iTunes, and wait for all the pictures and updates etc. to load etc.

I used to use my good camera, but then there is the wait time to upload one photo, then the time it takes to load the photo editing software. It's takes 5x longer this way!
the other day i was just trying to go thru the pics on my phone and it went into shoot mode instead. what did i do? made it back to the default screen for when not in use . teach it to not do what i want !LOL
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #382
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
They definitely are! She is getting better. I noticed this summer she wasn't as moody and argumentative. She definitely knows how to push my buttons!

What kind of flooring are you getting? laminate?

I think I would like to put hardwood in my living room. It is sunken and I think hardwood would look nice. I think DH would like hardwood in the dining room too. Probably not for a few more years!
We went with vinyl flooring that looks like hardwood. I really hope it looks nice and not industrial. It was the most durable that they had. LOl I did not want to worry about scratches, etc as I have two dogs. I will know by the time I see you at Scrap Fest if I made the right choice. LOL Will let you know how it is. Really, anything has to be better than this old carpet. Wish me luck though...as I have said numerous times...I am not a big home improvement gal. Wow it is so much work! LOL
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #383
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG! I just realized that in exactly one month from today we will all be arriving in MN for Scrapfest!!!!!!
Crafting When We Can
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #384
Insane Embellisher

hey maggie , If I buy you 2 images from SSD , would you color the hair so I can see how to do it ? One has ringlets and the other has what i would call mountain passageways , looks like twisting winding roads. on the one with the winding roads, i would like to be able to make it look like not winding roads. the artist actually uses the winding roads hair on alot of her images

TIA
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #385
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
OMG! I just realized that in exactly one month from today we will all be arriving in MN for Scrapfest!!!!!!
YIkes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not ready! So much to do to get ready. What am I going to take??????????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
hey maggie , If I buy you 2 images from SSD , would you color the hair so I can see how to do it ? One has ringlets and the other has what i would call mountain passageways , looks like twisting winding roads. on the one with the winding roads, i would like to be able to make it look like not winding roads. the artist actually uses the winding roads hair on alot of her images

TIA
Sure, which ones are they? Are they new? I have some SSD images in my stash already. Hair is very hard for me too. Not sure I can do it justice, but I'll give it a go.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #387
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
YIkes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not ready! So much to do to get ready. What am I going to take??????????
I Know Right!
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We went with vinyl flooring that looks like hardwood. I really hope it looks nice and not industrial. It was the most durable that they had. LOl I did not want to worry about scratches, etc as I have two dogs. I will know by the time I see you at Scrap Fest if I made the right choice. LOL Will let you know how it is. Really, anything has to be better than this old carpet. Wish me luck though...as I have said numerous times...I am not a big home improvement gal. Wow it is so much work! LOL
I know someone that got that. At least I think that is what she got! LOL. She seemed happy with it.

Our downstairs is carpet in the family room and living room and dining room. I think DH would rather have hardwood. The rest of the downstairs is all tile. It's pretty durable! It works since we have a pool and if any need to use the bathroom, the walk on tile and. It carpet and I can just throw beach towels on the floor if they are dripping wet.
Crafting When We Can
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #389
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Morning All! Thanks for the card Brandy!!! Totally made my day
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #390
Insane Embellisher

Happy Tuesday! What to pack for Scrap Fest???? I have went over many different lists in my head to have for Crop night. LOL wonder which I will go with. I have went from coloring pre-stamped images to assembling precut Cricut images. Now I am thinking mini album..not sure. The clothes is the easy part. Oh yes and my snacks! LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #391
Proud Fan Club Member

Brenda, have fun at scrapfest! That will be a nice break from the renovations!
Love my hardwood, but it does scratch when furniture gets moved.

I'm guest designing for TCP, my first blog post is up today. I'm so
Excited!
mschoener and smadson like this post.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #392
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Sure, which ones are they? Are they new? I have some SSD images in my stash already. Hair is very hard for me too. Not sure I can do it justice, but I'll give it a go.
@maggie
no actually they are quite old. one is goldilocks and the other is Vivian of the steampunk collection . goldilocks has the ringlets and vivian has the hair that looks like bridges and over passes. the hair that vivian has she uses all the time on other characters that she makes . birthday cake sassy has the bridges only on the left side, sassy cupid has them on both sides along the bottom half , french maid sassy has it on both sides bottom half . if you have any of those you have probably seen it . makes me want to cut off her head and give her new hair
Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #393
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Morning All! Thanks for the card Brandy!!! Totally made my day
you're more than welcome. just glad you are feeling better .
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Brenda, have fun at scrapfest! That will be a nice break from the renovations!
Love my hardwood, but it does scratch when furniture gets moved.

I'm guest designing for TCP, my first blog post is up today. I'm so
Excited!
Visited your Blog and saw your cute card and all your peeks! Great job, Joyce.

I just did another post today on my Blog, second in less than a week! Whohoo!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 15/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +$179.47
mschoener and ashjoy like this post.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #395
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Happy Tuesday! What to pack for Scrap Fest???? I have went over many different lists in my head to have for Crop night. LOL wonder which I will go with. I have went from coloring pre-stamped images to assembling precut Cricut images. Now I am thinking mini album..not sure. The clothes is the easy part. Oh yes and my snacks! LOL
I actually took some pages that were created by someone else and putting my own spin on them . I've gone thru and put post its where i want what . I have also added some brads eyelets, and ribbon. one of the post it notes says change color scheme . several say re-make window smaller or larger. i have even planned pages for things that will be happening shortly like my husbands niece's kids birthday . its sept 14th I think . gonna make a couple with my nieces and nephews. @brenda remember you're ultimate birthday party where you were finally a Brady. My brother has enough kids to have his own "brady bunch". I dont own a cricut so unless someone else makes the images I dont have to worry about assembling cricut pre-cut images. what a mouth full
Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
@maggie
no actually they are quite old. one is goldilocks and the other is Vivian of the steampunk collection . goldilocks has the ringlets and vivian has the hair that looks like bridges and over passes. the hair that vivian has she uses all the time on other characters that she makes . birthday cake sassy has the bridges only on the left side, sassy cupid has them on both sides along the bottom half , french maid sassy has it on both sides bottom half . if you have any of those you have probably seen it . makes me want to cut off her head and give her new hair
No, I don't have those. I do have Birthday Cake Sassy. Country Girl has ringlets as well as Masquerade 3. LOL!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #397
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
No, I don't have those. I do have Birthday Cake Sassy. Country Girl has ringlets as well as Masquerade 3. LOL!
dont have either of those. sounds like what you have will work just fine
Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #398
Proud Fan Club Member

The cutting off heads made me lol this morning!

Way to go Sharon! Glad your getting some scrapping time in with all that's going on for you.

My second day sneaky peak is up on my blog.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #399
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
dont have either of those. sounds like what you have will work just fine
oops forgot my manners . thanks in advance maggie. truly appreciate your gift for coloring
Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #400
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
oops forgot my manners . thanks in advance maggie. truly appreciate your gift for coloring
Thanks Brandy for your sweet words. I"ll see what I can do for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew