Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #281
Crimping Master

I understand hun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #282
Embossing Fanatic

Default hello everyone..

hi everyone! Its been crazy around here....just dropping in to say hi...just visited everyones blogs. I just added everyones blog address to my sidebar and gave a little blub post about us...hoping whoever visits will visit you as well. I will be posting some father day cards that I created for all the loved ones in my family.
Have a good one
http://stampingwithanangel.blogspot.com
Upallnite
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #283
Crimping Master

I just got a new post up as well...I forgot to post on this thread I have been so very sick lately...stayed overnight in the hospital late last week for dehydration & my heartrate has been increasing without me even doing anything...at least not more than normal. My day job is just becoming very busy and I may have had a panic attack...I am going to get a few posts ready to go in the next couple of days...trying to get a bunch done and ready to post...hopefully so easy my husband can do it... I'll check back more after the weekend... Happy Stamping!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldyward View Post
I just got a new post up as well...I forgot to post on this thread I have been so very sick lately...stayed overnight in the hospital late last week for dehydration & my heartrate has been increasing without me even doing anything...at least not more than normal. My day job is just becoming very busy and I may have had a panic attack...I am going to get a few posts ready to go in the next couple of days...trying to get a bunch done and ready to post...hopefully so easy my husband can do it... I'll check back more after the weekend... Happy Stamping!
Oh Debbie- I am so sorry to hear of your illness! Glad that you're home now. Please don't overdo it- you need to take care of yourself! And get well soon!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #285
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldyward View Post
Hello Paper Maven Projects...just visited your new post. Just wondering...how do you add the 'you might also like...' postings at the bottom of every post? I see it on alot of blogs...almost a recap of items you've posted already? Just curious as I'd like to do that as well.
Upallnite
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #286
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Cass, just visited your blog...was wondering if you could share your 'glitter chique' sign with us...its a shortcut to this spot on splitcoast. I'd love to put in on my blog where I justed added the glitter chique blog roll on my side bar.
Upallnite
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #287
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnite View Post
Hello Paper Maven Projects...just visited your new post. Just wondering...how do you add the 'you might also like...' postings at the bottom of every post? I see it on alot of blogs...almost a recap of items you've posted already? Just curious as I'd like to do that as well.
Upallnite
Oohhh... I'd love to know how this is done, too!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #288
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
Oohhh... I'd love to know how this is done, too!
ok girls...I couldn't wait any longer...I googled the answer... go to this website....add your blog information...then add the widget...literally will take ..... 3 minutes.... I can only speak for the ones who have blogger...don't know how it will work on the others such as typepad, etc...

http://www.linkwithin.com

Let me know how everyone makes out...
happy stampin'
Upallnite
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #289
Crimping Master

She is correct...I actually took it off of another person's blog...the link I mean. It automatically picks things I think based on tags perhaps?

Quote:
ok girls...I couldn't wait any longer...I googled the answer... go to this website....add your blog information...then add the widget...literally will take ..... 3 minutes.... I can only speak for the ones who have blogger...don't know how it will work on the others such as typepad, etc...

http://www.linkwithin.com

Let me know how everyone makes out...
happy stampin'
Upallnite
Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #290
Proud Fan Club Member

Sarah,

I don't really think that there is such a thing as posting too often. I have some friends who are on all these different DT's and they may have 2 or 3 posts for one day because they have to get all their DT projects posted and need to do a seperate post for each one. It's really whatever feels right to you. I hope to get to the point where I am posting a new project at least once a day. That is my ultimate goal.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #291
Proud Fan Club Member

I use link within as well and I'm on typepad. Works great.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Sarah,

I don't really think that there is such a thing as posting too often. I have some friends who are on all these different DT's and they may have 2 or 3 posts for one day because they have to get all their DT projects posted and need to do a seperate post for each one. It's really whatever feels right to you. I hope to get to the point where I am posting a new project at least once a day. That is my ultimate goal.
Wow! That is a LOT of posting!! Thanks for enlightening me
I am feeling a tad frustrated these days, though, due to the fact that I don't know how to "find" new readers. I have seen blogs that really (and I am not trying to be mean, but...) seriously, do not look all that good and the projects or content is really boring IMO and yet there are TONS of followers and people who post to them.
Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth my time, but I do have to admit it all comes back to the fact that I really do enjoy it. I just don't like feeling as if I am talking to myself a lot. Am I making any sense here???
Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #293
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Wow! That is a LOT of posting!! Thanks for enlightening me
I am feeling a tad frustrated these days, though, due to the fact that I don't know how to "find" new readers. I have seen blogs that really (and I am not trying to be mean, but...) seriously, do not look all that good and the projects or content is really boring IMO and yet there are TONS of followers and people who post to them.
Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth my time, but I do have to admit it all comes back to the fact that I really do enjoy it. I just don't like feeling as if I am talking to myself a lot. Am I making any sense here???
Try not to get discouraged by the number of followers other bloggers have. Just because they follow doesn't necessarily mean that they are active readers and commenters.
Also another thing you can do is link your blog posts up to your facebook profile and that gives you double exposure. I find that some of my comments come from people who saw the post on my facebook wall and followed over to leave a comment.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #294
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Try not to get discouraged by the number of followers other bloggers have. Just because they follow doesn't necessarily mean that they are active readers and commenters.
Also another thing you can do is link your blog posts up to your facebook profile and that gives you double exposure. I find that some of my comments come from people who saw the post on my facebook wall and followed over to leave a comment.
Thanks, Jennipher. Actually, I just started doing that. I had one gal say "I didn't know you had a blog", which really was funny since she is a stamper friend I "met" here! lol!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #295
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey- I have a question for you, Jennipher- and all you other scrappers:
It seems when I go to look at scrappin' blogs, almost always the pages feature only one photograph. Is that really how most people do their pages? I have soooo many pics I want to get done that I can not imagine just doing one pic per page!

Also- how does it work when you have so many embellies- and often big thick ones- on your pages? Don't they get crushed in the books and is there really room for all that when you put them in albums???
I can not help but think the pages people show are ones that they put on the wall or something. I just don't see how this cab really work very well.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #296
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Girls....just checking in....I follow this blog called Kevin and Amanda... GREAT INFO over there...she just posted (ok yesterday) that you can now change the background on your pages in blogger .....WHA-HOO!!!!.... this is EXACTLY what I was waiting for. Hence the reason for 3 different blogs...so I can have 3 different types of feeling. I didn't want to mix my apples and oranges...if you know what I mean by that. Gardening and crafting don't go well. Im so excited...going to play this weekend...I may just end up with ONE BLOG after all :^)

PS: check out my flower blog...I have a Jack n the Beanstalk story.....LOL
and I posted my fathers day cards. ENJOY!
Upallnite
http://myflowergardens.blogspot.com
Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #297
Crimping Master

Very cute, I love your jack in the bean stalk!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #298
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post
Very cute, I love your jack in the bean stalk!
Thanks! We're gonna see just how big it really gets. In an earlier post I mentioned I liked your glitter chique, hot pink, button on your blog...was wondering if you could share your picture/shortcut with us so we can use it (or me-if nobody else wants to). I'd love to put it on my blog and have the short cut to here....
thanks
Upallnite
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #299
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Hey- I have a question for you, Jennipher- and all you other scrappers:
It seems when I go to look at scrappin' blogs, almost always the pages feature only one photograph. Is that really how most people do their pages? I have soooo many pics I want to get done that I can not imagine just doing one pic per page!

Also- how does it work when you have so many embellies- and often big thick ones- on your pages? Don't they get crushed in the books and is there really room for all that when you put them in albums???
I can not help but think the pages people show are ones that they put on the wall or something. I just don't see how this cab really work very well.
I often only do one photo layouts. My scrappin' is more of an art form for me than it is memory-keeping. I don't have any children of my own so I often scrap photos of my nieces and nephews. I do put them in albums, in fact they each have their own album. The embellies don't get crushed but the books do get really thick and I have to add post extenders. The only thing that I scrap that's really about me is the trips that Mike and I take together and of course on those pages I use multiple photos or I would never get them done. I also have a "Challenge of Me" album that I am working on from a Big Picture Scrapbooking class that I took awhile back that is about me. It is an landscape album (11 x 8 1/2) and because it includes quite a bit of journaling and the size of the page, I normally can only get one 4x6 photo on it. I did create a multi-photo layout today for my sketch-challenge blog and you can see it on my personal blog as well. It was truly challenging for me but then, that is the point isn't it. I had to crop some of the photos to get them all to fit. I think also, nowadays people have the ability to print at home and often print enlargements for their pages, which result in the one photo page. You will see me do that often. But, when it is a big event and I have taken lots of photos I just have them printed 4x6 and scrap them at that size or crop if needed.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #300
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Hi Girls....just checking in....I follow this blog called Kevin and Amanda... GREAT INFO over there...she just posted (ok yesterday) that you can now change the background on your pages in blogger .....WHA-HOO!!!!.... this is EXACTLY what I was waiting for. Hence the reason for 3 different blogs...so I can have 3 different types of feeling. I didn't want to mix my apples and oranges...if you know what I mean by that. Gardening and crafting don't go well. Im so excited...going to play this weekend...I may just end up with ONE BLOG after all :^)

PS: check out my flower blog...I have a Jack n the Beanstalk story.....LOL
and I posted my fathers day cards. ENJOY!
Upallnite
Blogger is really improving it's service. That's great.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 AM   #301
Crimping Master

I got that from Jennipher's blog here: http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/paper-expressions/

and in blogger I made it a link to here. I would have to go in and look as to how I did it as I can't remember! If you need help in figuring it out, let me know and I will go into blogger and see how I did it!

QUOTE=upallnite;16910461]Thanks! We're gonna see just how big it really gets. In an earlier post I mentioned I liked your glitter chique, hot pink, button on your blog...was wondering if you could share your picture/shortcut with us so we can use it (or me-if nobody else wants to). I'd love to put it on my blog and have the short cut to here....
thanks
Upallnite
http://myflowergardens.blogspot.com[/QUOTE]
Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #302
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Just to let everyone know, I will be out of town from this Saturday through next Wednesday the 30th, first at our housing unit for renovation beginning and then a conference from Mon - Wed in San Antonio for a national prison ministry conference. I'm not lost, just real busy! But I'll have my puter so you might even see me check in later in the evenings, who knows.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Just to let everyone know, I will be out of town from this Saturday through next Wednesday the 30th, first at our housing unit for renovation beginning and then a conference from Mon - Wed in San Antonio for a national prison ministry conference. I'm not lost, just real busy! But I'll have my puter so you might even see me check in later in the evenings, who knows.
Thanks for letting us know, Leslie! I'll pray for safe travels and for everything to go well for you during renovations, and during your conference.
Sounds as if you may return with lots to blog about!
Pop on to say "hi" if you have a chance!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #304
Stazon Splitcoast

Lots going on this weekend, and in the days ahead. My DH is on vacation, so I don;t know how often I will be on here or how much time I'll be able to commit to my blog until after the end of next week.
I did, however, just do a quick post with a card. I actually CASEd myself on a card that I CASEd, lol! Clear as mud???
Anyway, it's almost 1:00 am and time for me to hit the hay.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #305
Crimping Master

Thanks for letting us know, have fun renovating and at the conference! Good to know everyone is doing good!
Sarah enjoy your time with your love and don't worry about creating, just enjoy the time together.
I haven't done much creating in a while as I have been busy myself! Sorry about that ladies! Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #306
Embossing Fanatic

Great! jen do you mind if I snatch your creation to add it to my blog & I'll do the shortcut to here....

Had lots to do this weekend...busy, busy, busy....
Upallnite

Quote:
I got that from Jennipher's blog here: http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/paper-expressions/

and in blogger I made it a link to here. I would have to go in and look as to how I did it as I can't remember! If you need help in figuring it out, let me know and I will go into blogger and see how I did it!

QUOTE=upallnite;16910461]Thanks! We're gonna see just how big it really gets. In an earlier post I mentioned I liked your glitter chique, hot pink, button on your blog...was wondering if you could share your picture/shortcut with us so we can use it (or me-if nobody else wants to). I'd love to put it on my blog and have the short cut to here....
thanks
Upallnite
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 AM   #307
Embossing Fanatic

Do any of you girls have the 'just rite' stamp set? I've been eyeing them for some time now but don't want to invest in yet another group of stamps...
Upallnite
Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #308
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Great! jen do you mind if I snatch your creation to add it to my blog & I'll do the shortcut to here....

Had lots to do this weekend...busy, busy, busy....
Upallnite

[/quote]

Go for it. I actually created it for the group awhile back and posted the html code in one of the earlier posts. Help yourself.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #309
Pearl-ExPert

Ladies...........Day one of the Prison Fellowship Ministry Out4Life conference that I'm blessed to attend. I have to say, wow. God is moving, He's bringing folks together with a heart for the lost and wanting real solutions. I had to share with my friends here, I'm having the time of my life and my hubby says, "man are you fired up!" He can hear it over the phone! Pray for our ministry and some strong connections to work together in a Godly and strong way.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Ladies...........Day one of the Prison Fellowship Ministry Out4Life conference that I'm blessed to attend. I have to say, wow. God is moving, He's bringing folks together with a heart for the lost and wanting real solutions. I had to share with my friends here, I'm having the time of my life and my hubby says, "man are you fired up!" He can hear it over the phone! Pray for our ministry and some strong connections to work together in a Godly and strong way.
What an awesome post! So glad you are so- as your dh says- "fired up"!
I'll pray that God uses this conference to work His will through those there and that they will, in turn touch the lives of many in Godly ways!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 AM   #311
Crimping Master

Wow! Leslie, that's awesome!!! Thank you for sharing! God is moving and just reading your post gets me fired up!! yay!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #312
Crimping Master

I hope you ladies are enjoying your summer, it's been nice so far here. I need to get busy creating! Talk soon, have a great day!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #313
Embossing Fanatic

Go for it. I actually created it for the group awhile back and posted the html code in one of the earlier posts. Help yourself.[/QUOTE]

Jen, I couldn't find it...could you direct me to where it might be?
Thanks
Angel
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #314
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Girls,,, just checking in...going to have a great weekend....its gonna be a heat wave...yeah!
Upallnite
Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #315
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all! Just returned from a three day prison ministry conference and am ready to have some down time. Of course I'm headed out to a meeting this afternoon that will keep me busy and hopping all afternoon but come tomorrow, I'm just gonna get a few red boxes and relax all weekend. DH is out of town starting tonight so I get some real crafting/relaxation time. I'm going to try hard not to work though sometimes that's hard.

I will, however, do something fabulous for my blog. I've also been accepted as the editor of the BellaOnline.com Rubber Stamp Art Section and will begin the process of training to learn to upload procedures etc. to start a weekly article there. I'm very excited about this.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #316
Crimping Master

Hi ladies, I hope you all are staying cool! I have been busy running the roads going here and there, haven't had a chance to sit still to make tags.

I hope you all are doing well. Hugs
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #317
Crimping Master

Was today a holiday? My mail didn't run!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #318
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi ladies, I hope you all are staying cool! I have been busy running the roads going here and there, haven't had a chance to sit still to make tags.

I hope you all are doing well. Hugs
Sorry about no tag making; hope you have a great holiday weekend, though!

Is it really hot most places? I have not been paying attention. Here our highs have been in the mid to upper 70's all week and this should continue for at least another week. It's been beautiful!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Fourth Of July weekend!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Was today a holiday? My mail didn't run!
That's weird. We got mail today!!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #320
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been sooo busy! I posted a LOT of stuff on the BST thread... the PMs and emails have been incredible!!! Still so much to sell, though!

Anyway, I hope to get a blog post done later tonight!