Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #201
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post
Wow! What a blessing you are to these women! God's using you to touch their lives. Hugs to you!!
To quote Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side "No, they're changing mine." If you've read much of Jailhouse Jesus you know that I too am an "ex-offender". God came and met me in County Jail and He showed me a path I never knew. Sharing that with frightened and lonely women as I once was is easy. Being loved by them just touches me so deeply each and every woman I meet. I don't have a choice in this any longer; God came inside those walls and carried me through the longest six months of my life....it's the very least I can do for Him. (I hope I don't sound preachy, but when I get to talking about our ministry, He just rises up in me!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #202
Crimping Master

I don't know if you all saw my post about a card/tag swap, would you all be interested in doing one?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #203
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry we just seemed to blow right past that! I like the idea...depending on deadlines. I promised myself no more swaps than I'm already doing this year...but...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't know if you all saw my post about a card/tag swap, would you all be interested in doing one?
Hmmm..... right now is not a good time for me,but you all may want to go ahead. I LOVE swaps, so maybe if the time is right I can join you! Thanks, Cass for throwing the idea out to us!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 06-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Leslie and Cassandra: Than you both so much for your input! I am thinking maybe I will give it a shot.

One of you mentioned "design teams". Can someone please explain what it means to be on a design team? I am not sure I really know what a design team is, lol!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #206
Crimping Master

It's ok ladies, I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone would be interested.

Design teams Sarah are where you use the product they are selling in your creation. For example, if they're selling digital stamps, you use their stamps to create with, they may have a challenge for you to follow, colors to use, etc. you post it to your blog share with blogger friends what you did with it or whatever the company would like for you to share. They may have you post sales that they're having, etc. Some have three month terms, six months, be a guest. It's fun! I have done some. I took on to many though and had to step down from a few.

There is a post on here that has them, if you feel led to try one, look through the ones they offer here and see if anything seems like a fit for you.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #207
Crimping Master

Yes, I love that movie! That's awesome that you are able to share with them because you've walked that path and it seems easier to share things with others if we've walked their path. We can truly understand what it is they are going through. Instead of someone who's never walked a similar path trying to understand. No you're not being preachy, you're sharing your heart. God bless you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
To quote Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side "No, they're changing mine." If you've read much of Jailhouse Jesus you know that I too am an "ex-offender". God came and met me in County Jail and He showed me a path I never knew. Sharing that with frightened and lonely women as I once was is easy. Being loved by them just touches me so deeply each and every woman I meet. I don't have a choice in this any longer; God came inside those walls and carried me through the longest six months of my life....it's the very least I can do for Him. (I hope I don't sound preachy, but when I get to talking about our ministry, He just rises up in me!)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #208
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
I just PM'd Cassandra about Upallnite (GREAT screen name!). Hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

I have been keeping up with all your blogs and enjoying all the creativity among this group. I'll head on over to Upallnite's blog, too

BTW- Do you want to share with us your *real* first name, Upallnite?
Hi Guys! I'm excited. Im sorry that I haven't responded any sooner...I didn't get an email that someone posted...usually I do...saying that I subscribed...but anyways.....Angel is my real...
Glad you enjoy my site. Im currently working on 2 more. Someone asked me how do I find the time...well, I don't find the time...I just do it! Kind of like juggling the family and extra curricular activies...you just stick your leisure in there along with it....and for the most part...its the reason I came up with upallnite...'cause literally...I can stay up all nite and craft, blog, etc.... I have done it hundreds of times! Can't get enough. I have lots to post to my blog. Just got started....Im in all the prep stages of starting a blog...so once Im done settling in...then I can get to the real stuff

oh, enough of my blabbing.....
http://stampingwithanangel.blogspot.com
http://myflowergardens.blogspot.com
http://myscrapbookingrecipes.blogspot.com

PS: Is it ok to add all of your blog addresses to my blog? wanted to blurb about my new family....and its fastest way for me to just click on to your blogs and visit.

Last edited by upallnite; 06-10-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #209
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I saw Cass and I'm just getting a chance to respond. I'd love to do a swap. I haven't done one of those in ages. In no one else is interested perhaps you and I could do a swap. Let me know.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #210
Crimping Master

Hi Jennipher, I don't see where anyone else is interested right now, but if they are, just let us know. I would love to do a swap with you hun. Would you like to do one, two, three? How much time do you have, is two weeks good for you as a send out time? Do you have my addy from when I sent you the tag from CPC? I have yours. I did get that out to you right?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #211
Pearl-ExPert

I think its a wonderful idea, but boy have I loaded myself down with swaps again. I'm so glad to see you guys going for it though.........
Old 06-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #212
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Jennipher, I don't see where anyone else is interested right now, but if they are, just let us know. I would love to do a swap with you hun. Would you like to do one, two, three? How much time do you have, is two weeks good for you as a send out time? Do you have my addy from when I sent you the tag from CPC? I have yours. I did get that out to you right?
Cass,
I haven't received it but that doesn't mean you didn't send it. My mail-delivery system is kinda funky sometimes. Let's stick with 2 tags; something that will fit inside a regular greeting card envelope. And I'm pretty sure I can get your addy from the DT board over at CPC. Two weeks is good for me.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #213
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
I think its a wonderful idea, but boy have I loaded myself down with swaps again. I'm so glad to see you guys going for it though.........
I know what you mean Les. I did that once with ATC's. Ugh! I was swapping and hosting swaps. Near bout drove myself crazy but, I do have a beautiful collection of ATC's to show for it. LOL
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I am kinda wishing I said yes to your swap, Cass and Jenn but honestly I know this is not a great time for me. I am sure you will have fun!

I just popped on over to everyones blogs and left some love on those who have updated since I last visited. Such awesome posts and artwork!!

Well, it's late and if I don't get to bed soon you will be confusing me with Upallnight, lol! Wow- I just checked and it's 1:45 am and I have to get up early! I have my contractor coming early to finish up my kitchen remodel (yay!) and my kids have no school tomorrow so I promised them I'd take them out to breakfast. I have a feeling I will be sleepy tomorrow, but I probably won't get a nap in since there will likely be a lot of hammering and other noise being made around here. Oh well... at least I had fun in my stamp room tonight, right???
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 AM   #215
Crimping Master

Sounds good Jennipher! Yes, I know about bogging down with things that is why I have let things go as I was feeling so overwhelmed and I don't like that feeling of always needing to be doing something.
Sarah have fun with the kids, time sure flies doesn't it?! I hope you're not to tired and how exciting kitchen remodeling! yay!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #216
Proud Fan Club Member

What do you all think about exchanging addresses with one another?

I was thinking of sending out some RAK"s. Let me know your thoughts on this.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
What do you all think about exchanging addresses with one another?

I was thinking of sending out some RAK"s. Let me know your thoughts on this.
Well Jennifer, you know the saying: Great minds.... lol!
I have recently been thinking the same thing and was wondering how I might get some addys
What would be the easiest way to do this? Maybe we can all PM you with our address and you can send one group email to all of us with them on it?
It might be nice to include email addresses if anyone wants, as well as birthdays??? Just a thought.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

Personally I think its a wonderful idea.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #219
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
Well Jennifer, you know the saying: Great minds.... lol!
I have recently been thinking the same thing and was wondering how I might get some addys
What would be the easiest way to do this? Maybe we can all PM you with our address and you can send one group email to all of us with them on it?
It might be nice to include email addresses if anyone wants, as well as birthdays??? Just a thought.
Yes that would be easiest if one person was collecting all the info and compiled it and then sent a list to everyone. I don't mind being responsible for it. So those that are interested go ahead and pm me your First and Last name, email, and bday.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes that would be easiest if one person was collecting all the info and compiled it and then sent a list to everyone. I don't mind being responsible for it. So those that are interested go ahead and pm me your First and Last name, email, and bday.
Jenn, this is so nice of you! Thank you!!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #221
Crimping Master

Sounds good! How about if we email one another our addresses? Jennipher you are so sweet!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #222
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Sounds good! How about if we email one another our addresses? Jennipher you are so sweet!
Thanks Cass. Really, though I don't mind. If everyone will pm me with their info and their email addy then I can just compile a spreadsheet and email it to all the members. That way the info is not posted here on SCS for the whole world to see. We have such a fun little group here and I think it would be nice to RAK someone at random.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #223
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Cass. Really, though I don't mind. If everyone will pm me with their info and their email addy then I can just compile a spreadsheet and email it to all the members. That way the info is not posted here on SCS for the whole world to see. We have such a fun little group here and I think it would be nice to RAK someone at random.
You're awesome, Jennipher! Thanks so much for doing this for us!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #224
Crimping Master

I emailed you mine, did you get it yet?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #225
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I emailed you mine, did you get it yet?
Yes! I have received Cass's, Les's, and Sarah's info so far.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #226
Crimping Master

Cool! This is gonna be fun!

Does anyone know how to do those grab my button html boxes?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #227
Proud Fan Club Member

Not me Cass but, I've always wondered how it worked. Love your new blog header BTW.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #228
Crimping Master

Thanks hun!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooohhh... Cass! I just popped over to your blog to see your new header and Jennipher is right! Love it! It's perfect for your blog... so "you"
Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #230
Crimping Master

Awww thanks hun! You girls are so sweet!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #231
Crimping Master

Sarah, have you thought more about sending your beautiful cards into some mags to be published? I really think you should! I love the one you just did, so pretty!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sarah, have you thought more about sending your beautiful cards into some mags to be published? I really think you should! I love the one you just did, so pretty!
Aww... thank you so much, Cass! Are you referring to the latest one on my blog? It's funny, I did not think that would be one to get too many compliments, as I must admit it looks way better IRL. When I made it, it was for a challenge and came out way different than I had planned. But I was happy in the end anyway

As for submitting stuff: Well, I really would like to. But I just don't know enough about it. I just don't know where to start. I have no idea which magazines or places I should try. I am not sure which would be the right places for my "style", for one thing. I want to, but I am really confused about it.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Well.. I'm off to take some pics. I have many things I have made but just have not taken the time to photograph them so I can put them up on my blog. Ha! It wasn't long ago when I didn't have time to make anything to post about and now I have the time to make the stuff, but don't seem to have enough time to upload it, lol!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast

Blog updated!

So, how was everyone weekend? Ready for a new week?
I know not everyone agrees with me (or- more like most do not agree with me, lol!), but...
I LOVE Mondays!!!I feel as if it's like a fresh start A whole week ahead with many possibilities in store for us!

I hope you all are having a wonderful evening tonight and have a great start to the week tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #235
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Sent mine in. I'm going blog hoppin' now....
Upallnite
http://myflowergardens.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #236
Embossing Fanatic

PS: Is it ok to add all of your blog addresses to my blog? wanted to blurb about my new family....and its fastest way for me to just click on to your blogs and visit.

Does anyone mind?
Thanks
Upallnite
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #237
Crimping Master

Absolutely hun! Go right ahead...I hope you're doing well and having a good day?!

What's your name again? Sorry, I didn't catch it when it went through.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #238
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnite View Post

Does anyone mind?
Thanks
Upallnite
We've all done that. In my other blog group, its actually a requirement! : )
Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #239
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Absolutely hun! Go right ahead...I hope you're doing well and having a good day?!

What's your name again? Sorry, I didn't catch it when it went through.
Hi - Its Angel. would you guys like me to set up a blog roll for us to all have on our own blog? we would be the only ones on it...and then we all have it. Let me know I'll set it up on mine and start it...then everyone can jump in and add their site. If not, I'll just manually add you all to my site for my personal use.

Upallnite
http://myflowergarden.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #240
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnite View Post
Hi - Its Angel. would you guys like me to set up a blog roll for us to all have on our own blog? we would be the only ones on it...and then we all have it. Let me know I'll set it up on mine and start it...then everyone can jump in and add their site. If not, I'll just manually add you all to my site for my personal use.

Upallnite
http://myflowergarden.blogspot.com
I hate to admit it, but I am afraid I am the "computer illiterate" one of the group, lol! (But I'm trying to rid myself of that title; please bear with me!!)

I am not sure how a blog roll works. Can you explain it to me? We each put it up on our own blogs? TIA!!!