Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #721
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Sarah,

To answer your question, yes we live on the east coast but Mike travels and works on location. So wherever the movie is being filmed is where he goes. That could be as close as Wilmington, NC or as far away as Minneapolis, Minnesota.
None of those were filmed in Hollywood? That seems crazy to me!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #722
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
None of those were filmed in Hollywood? That seems crazy to me!
I know, right? Mike rarely works in CA and he really prefers not to. Doesn't care for the area at all.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 AM   #723
Crimping Master

Hi ladies, catching up here. Jennipher those photos are amazing. My love and I would like to take a photography class one day.
Sarah, did you decide on a camera yet?

That is an awesome idea Molly is doing, offering something for free and if someone would like to pay the shipping, that's great too!
I give a lot of my stuff to Goodwill or if I hear someone say they need something I will look in my art stash and see if I have it. I have seen an altered item I gave to Goodwill at the Habitat Restore behind the counter. I thought that was pretty awesome they were using it. I have found lots of goodies there.

Jackie and Margaret, how are you doing?

I apologize for not being around here more. I've been learning new things in Photoshop and with my art. Homeschool is starting in eleven days and I am looking forward to it. Our son will be doing an online program this year so everything is pretty much all planned out. Yay! I have things around here that need to be finished and started.

I hope you all have a peaceful day. Hugs
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #724
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning! Blog is updated & I'll be visiting everyone soon
Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #725
Quacker Stamper

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA these last 2 weeks. First of all it's been really crazy busy at work so computer time has been limited and at home I've been trying to get my stamp room re-organized and actually make something. So, I've gotten 3 cards done during that time; one for the Monthly Challenge, one (actually 5 of the same design) for the Christmas Card Challenge; and one just for fun. Finally had the time to get them posted on my blog tonight.

Off to check out everyone else's blogs.

Jackie already looked at yours. Great job on your latest card. Loved the added pearls.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #726
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
One more thing... As I was looking at everyone's blogs I noticed that Molly is doing a very cool give away. She is going to unload something new and unused every day this month. You know, I think we all have too much stuff. I'll bet I have a month's worth of things I could donate/ give away, too. I am quite inspired by what she is doing. I have some things I could just box up and donate the way I usually do, but it might be fun to do it through my blog. I think the only draw back would be that you could end up having to pay a LOT in postage. At least with donating you could actually get a tax write off, you know? But don't you think it would be fun to put stuff up on the blog and see who might want it? Maybe if you offered things free and the person who was willing to pay the postage could have it? Man, I really need to do some serious de-cluttering and this might be a fun way to get it done. I have everything from never worn clothes to LOTS of crafting stuff and books and decorative things and unused cosmetics and jewelry, etc. etc. etc. What do you all think?
I think this is a great idea. I would do something like this if I had a lot of followers, but so far, not so many, just a few friends. Not really sure how to get it out there.

I agree, if I did a give away, I wouldn't want to have to come up with the postage for all of that. The idea to offer things for free that you didn't want anyway would be a good idea if they wanted to pay the postage. I've got a couple boxes of stamps that I would love to sell. Going to try E-Bay, but if that doesn't work, maybe I'll consider this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #727
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
You're welcome, Maggie! Actually the comment that went through was my second try. Hopefully it was just a weird one time thing that my first comment didn't work
Love your card. You did a great job on the challenge. I don't often do challenges. I have a hard enough time making cards without restrictions and rules; challenges just stress me out lol!
LOL! I can understand that. Stresses me out sometimes too, but I take my time looking for the right layout and go through all my stash of stuff to add to whatever image I'm using. I think that's part of what I like about it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #728
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Sarah,

To answer your question, yes we live on the east coast but Mike travels and works on location. So wherever the movie is being filmed is where he goes. That could be as close as Wilmington, NC or as far away as Minneapolis, Minnesota.
What a fun job that must be. What's the longest he ever had to be gone for a shoot? Do you ever get to go with him?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #729
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post
Hi ladies, catching up here. Jennipher those photos are amazing. My love and I would like to take a photography class one day.

That is an awesome idea Molly is doing, offering something for free and if someone would like to pay the shipping, that's great too!
I give a lot of my stuff to Goodwill or if I hear someone say they need something I will look in my art stash and see if I have it. I have seen an altered item I gave to Goodwill at the Habitat Restore behind the counter. I thought that was pretty awesome they were using it. I have found lots of goodies there.

I apologize for not being around here more. I've been learning new things in Photoshop and with my art. Homeschool is starting in eleven days and I am looking forward to it. Our son will be doing an online program this year so everything is pretty much all planned out. Yay! I have things around here that need to be finished and started.

Hi Cass. I'm doing good. It's been a busy couple weeks with work and trying to be a little creative. Was able to get out with a couple GF's for dinner and theater last night so that was a lot of fun.

I have some friends who homeschool their children. That's really hard I think coming up with the curriculum and dealing with your children all day and then having them at night too. Oh, that's great that your son will be doing that online program. How old is he? Do you belong to a sharing group? School starts around here on the 22nd. My oldest DGD is going off to college this year. She's been invited to a Leadership Workshop the week before school starts so she'll do that and then get settled in at college the weekend before school starts. Hard part is that my DD and SIL are both going, but that leaves the youngest at home. They are paying one of the oldest DD's GF's to come and stay at their house while they are gone so she can get the other DD to all her activities and school. She's into dance and has at least 4 or 5 classes every week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #730
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post

Love your latest blog post Cass. It's beatiful.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #731
Quacker Stamper

Blog is finally updated with 3 new cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #732
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyDR View Post
hello loves! going to post some craftiness this week while I am at VBS!
Molly, I love how you're giving away stuff in your home that is not being used anymore. Great idea. I got a large trash bag of clothes and shoes together yesterday to take to our local Ministries Thrift Store. I'm sure I'll have some more when I pull out the Fall/Winter clothing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #733
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Hey Jackie, glad to see you and so glad to have someone try to regenerate our blog group! How's crafting going for you this summer?
How are things going with you Leslie. I just checked your blog but nothing new in awhile. Hope all is well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #734
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone- hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. I meant to update today but spent most of it in bed with a stupid migraine. Uuggh.... they have been pretty frequent lately.
But, the other night I actually made a card! I was highly motivated by one I saw on here, but it's not exactly a "cased" card, so I think I will put it up on the blog.

Maggie- if you do end up eBay-ing stamps. please let me know how it all goes. I would love to eBay a bunch of stuff but what's holding me back is the postage part. (Gee- I think I have major postage issues in my life, lol!) I don't know how you determine what to charge people for postage, do you?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #735
Quacker Stamper

Sarah, I mostly try to use Priority Flat Rate Envelopes to send stamp sets off and so I would charge a flat $5 for postage. Then if they buy more, you can alter the price of postage a little, but you do that between you and the buyer. I usually say that I'll adjust postage for multiple sets. You can usually put 2 sets in one envelope unless they are big. If one person buys more, they you can use a flat rate box. Check USPS.com to see how much they cost. If you want to use First Class, you'd have to weigh the package to see what to charge, but I think 1 stamp set is probably between $2.50 and $3.00. Hope this helps.

Sorry you've been plagued with migraines. They are not any fun. I have a great nephew who has very debilitating ones. He's having surgery on Sept. 1 to implant a neuro-stimulator under his skin on his head to reduce the pain. He did a test for a week and did very well using this, so they are finally hopeful that this will help him. He's been struggling with his headaches for a number of years now. He's 15.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #736
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MollyDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Molly, I love how you're giving away stuff in your home that is not being used anymore. Great idea. I got a large trash bag of clothes and shoes together yesterday to take to our local Ministries Thrift Store. I'm sure I'll have some more when I pull out the Fall/Winter clothing.

Thanks for the kind words! I have had such a creative block I decided to do something else in the mean time! I feel like my creative block is almost permanent but I am trying to free up the stress of wanting ot be creative by doing something else

Sorry I have not visited anyone lately - I am going to set some time aside a couple times a week to do so - sorry!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #737
Quacker Stamper

I'm on a roll. Had some time tonight to play with some stamps and decided to do one for the Stamp 2 Spend SCS Challenge. It was to use a tree or a branch in some way for the card. I dug out a stamp set that I've never used but it was perfect. Got it on my blog.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #738
Quacker Stamper

Blog is updated with a new card. Hope to visit around again this evening. Hope you're all having a wonderful week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #739
Crimping Master

Hi ladies, gracious, I apologize for not keeping up with everyone. I've been doing so much that I forget. I hope you all are doing well.

Hugs
Old 08-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #740
Stazon Splitcoast

Blog is updated & I've visited you all and left some love. I'm getting ready for a very busy weekend since school starts on Tuesday & I'll be back to being a taxi driver
Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #741
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Blog is updated & I've visited you all and left some love. I'm getting ready for a very busy weekend since school starts on Tuesday & I'll be back to being a taxi driver
Very cute card on your blog Jackie! Good luck with getting the kids back to school!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 AM   #742
Crimping Master

Hi ladies! How's everyone doing? I know I've been MIA, I do apologize. I've been consumed with learning digital art and thinking about updating my online shop, homeschool started back. I've been quite productive. I hope you all are doing well and I am off to visit with you. Have a great day!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #743
Stazon Splitcoast

Blog is updated with a special request---my friend lost his Mom to cancer & I'd really appreciate it if you all would send him a card. Info is on my blog...thanks so much
Old 08-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #744
Quacker Stamper

I'll be checking out your blog a little later today Jackie and will be happy to send a card. Losing someone is always hard, but extra hard when it's your mom or dad.

I've been working on my October Christmas cards and plan to get them on my blog later today also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 AM   #745
Stazon Splitcoast

That is very true Margaret! I lost my Dad, then my Mom within a year's time & last year I lost my baby brother.....my heart goes out to Cody & I'm just trying to help him through a difficult time.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #746
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I've got some blogs to catch up on!
Jackie- that is so nice of you to get cards recruited for your friend. I'm so sorry for his loss- and yours. I also know all too well how hard it can be. In the last approx. 5 years I lost my parents, two of my best friends (from cancer), and my brother who I was extremely close to, plus he was my DH's best friend as well. And, just this Summer my DH lost both of his sisters. It can be overwhelming! Every card that came in the mail was such a reminder that we have love and support and that there are many people who care. It can be a real comfort during such difficult times. I am sure Cody will really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #747
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
That is very true Margaret! I lost my Dad, then my Mom within a year's time & last year I lost my baby brother.....my heart goes out to Cody & I'm just trying to help him through a difficult time.
Your card is beautiful Jackie. I'm sure that it's one he'll treasure.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #748
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I guess I've got some blogs to catch up on!
Jackie- that is so nice of you to get cards recruited for your friend. I'm so sorry for his loss- and yours. I also know all too well how hard it can be. In the last approx. 5 years I lost my parents, two of my best friends (from cancer), and my brother who I was extremely close to, plus he was my DH's best friend as well. And, just this Summer my DH lost both of his sisters. It can be overwhelming! Every card that came in the mail was such a reminder that we have love and support and that there are many people who care. It can be a real comfort during such difficult times. I am sure Cody will really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Sounds like you guys have been through a lot also. Tragic that your DH lost both of his sisters this year. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you during your times of trial.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #749
Quacker Stamper

Good evening ladies. Blog has been updated with a couple of cards I've been working on this week. Hope you all have a great evening. Yeah for Friday!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #750
Crimping Master

Hi ladies, how are you? All is good here. In all this busyness which I have found to be more busy work than productivity as I had thought it was. The busyness has taken me off my path of where I thought I was to be but instead it was where I wanted to be and not where the Lord wanted me. I'm glad for hard lessons in life, I want to learn to listen the first time and ponder on things a bit before I jump in and start swimming as fast as I can.

I hope you all have a great day. Off to visit with you.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #751
Quacker Stamper

Thanks to all of you for your comments on my cards this last week. Guess I need to get busy and do some more creating. I ended up having to get a new computer on Friday. My other one was really wonky. Then it wasn't compatible with the printer I had, so I had to go get a new printer on Saturday. Worked all weekend trying to get it all up and running and stuff moved from one to the other. Very frustrating.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #752
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Evening Ladies! Blog is updated & I've visited you all
Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 AM   #753
Crimping Master

Hi ladies...how are ya? All is pretty good here.

Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #754
Quacker Stamper

I am caught between making cards which I desperately need to do and still getting my new computer all set up. Tonight it's cards. Sending one off to Jackie's friend Cody and a dear GF of mine lost her father this week after losing her husband about 2 months ago. It's been a struggle for her. I have a few birthdays that I need cards for so it's a busy night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #755
Stazon Splitcoast

What a choice Margaret but thanks for sending Cody a card! That's really sweet of you & I thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing that for me

Sorry to hear about your gf's loss. That's a true double whammy to have to deal with...my heart goes out to her as I truly understand what she's going through. I'll keep her in my prayers.

I hope you had some fun making those birthday cards
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #756
Quacker Stamper

I did. Thanks Jackie.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #757
Crimping Master

Hi ladies, how are you? So much going on around here. I am taking another Christy Tomlinson workshop, She Had Three Hearts, it's great!! I just love the way she teaches and shares her heart with everyone. I am going to be making some tags for Enchanted Makeovers soon. Been taking some time to find me as it seems I got off the path of where I needed to be, which is spending more time with my family than trying to be a business woman. So not who I am right now in this time of my life. I had a birthday a couple days ago and that sent me into a whirlwind of knowing that my kids are growing up and what am I going to do with me, who am I day...I am learning to be me. It's just been a crazy month. I am sorry I haven't been around much on here. I hope you all are doing well. Hugs
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #758
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Blog is updated & I hope you all have a wonderful weekend
Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #759
Quacker Stamper

The 3-day weekend went by too fast! I'm not ready to go back to work. I did get my blog updated tonight with 2 new cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #760
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
The 3-day weekend went by too fast! I'm not ready to go back to work. I did get my blog updated tonight with 2 new cards.
I know what you mean. I have one more day off and I'm dreading to see Wednesday come. Wouldn't it be nice if all we had to do was paper-craft for a living?