Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #3441
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--the weekend is Here! A quick trip to the grocery store and then I get to wait until my specials guests arrive this afternoon. I cannot wait!

I am not sure how much I will be online from now until Monday night as we have quite a few things packed into the next few days--a fish fry tonight, stamp camp class tomorrow, a trip to Creative Pals, eating out at Motor-the restaurant at the Harley-Davidson Museum, a tour of Sprecher Brewery and then a mini shoe-box swap on Monday when Jeanette is able to join us. A Busy Time Ahead--but I Love It!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #3442
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Have fun, Barb!!!

Hi everyone!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #3443
Glitter Guru

Happy Saturday, sweet friends!

I've been feeling so disconnected lately...from my husband (living in Pittsburgh), from my family far away, from my crafting, from this group. Too many cares and concerns are trying to steal my joy on a daily basis.

We did not get the "perfect" house last weekend. Seven other families also thought it was perfect, and a bidding war ensued. In the end, we lost out. We know that God has something else in store for us, but right now we're feeling the panic, as we will be homeless on May 30. The packers come on May 27, and I'll probably be in a hotel until my little guy finishes school. After that, I'll probably have to go stay with my mom in Michigan until we find a place.

I coudl sure use some prayers, friends!

Looking forward to April's challenge...I have way too many flower stamps! Just hoping that I can feel motivated to craft again soon.

Anyone chat with Carolina lately? Just wonder how she's doing.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #3444
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
Happy Saturday, sweet friends!

I've been feeling so disconnected lately...from my husband (living in Pittsburgh), from my family far away, from my crafting, from this group. Too many cares and concerns are trying to steal my joy on a daily basis.

We did not get the "perfect" house last weekend. Seven other families also thought it was perfect, and a bidding war ensued. In the end, we lost out. We know that God has something else in store for us, but right now we're feeling the panic, as we will be homeless on May 30. The packers come on May 27, and I'll probably be in a hotel until my little guy finishes school. After that, I'll probably have to go stay with my mom in Michigan until we find a place.

I coudl sure use some prayers, friends!

Looking forward to April's challenge...I have way too many flower stamps! Just hoping that I can feel motivated to craft again soon.

Anyone chat with Carolina lately? Just wonder how she's doing.
So sorry you did not get the house. It is hard when you think it is the best thing for you....but then there are other plans! It is hard right now, but it WILL work out. I just know it. Take care!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #3445
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning on this wonderful SONday! Raining is peeking behind the clouds and it looks like we may have some rain before service -eek!

I have been running ragged! I can't seem to catch a break to slow down and May certainly isn't going to be any slower, lol - eeek! Just yesterday alone we were out of the house by 8 am (dd registering for her classes at High School), and from then on, all 4 kids had various activities through-out the day/night - mama is tired!

Maryrose, I'm sorry the house deal didn't work out. I'm a firm believer in God's design of one door closing, one opening ..... I know the 'right place' is out there and the stress you must feel with the hotel/sale/going to mom's but it's only temporary, right? (((( 's ))))
Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #3446
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello From Ladies Weekend on Jenna Lane!

We are having a wonderful time! Darlene and Carol arrived Friday afternoon and we jumped back in my car to head to Kohl's for a bit of shopping--imagine that! We then went out for a fish fry at our favorite restaurant! Yesterday was a fun-filled day--and an long one................. LJ arrived around a bit after 7 and we headed to Camp Stamp-in-Oga where Terry met us at the hotel doors with a big smile and hugs! We had a great morning in class, making 5 sweet cards! I won a raffle prize (a stamp set) and also took 2nd place in one of the card challenges (I won one of the new in-color ink pads and some cardstock-Strawberry Slush--yummy color!) The picture below is from the class.

We then had lunch and made a trip to Creative Pals to check out the Whipper Snapper selections as well as the other lines they carry--and we each walked out with a package of new toys! Then a quick stop at Kopp's for a frozen custard cone! Back to my house with Terry along for a wonderful class on coloring with a local friend--awesome information! Supper late with Rebecca making salmon and some interesting salads--it seemed everyone liked the meal..... We chatted around the table until 11:00, when Terry left to drive home and we all went to bed.

This morning we all went to church and have had a change of plans for the rest of the day. Originally we were going to head to the Harley-Davidson restaurant for lunch, a ride along Lake Shore Drive and then a tour of a local brewery that makes soda as well as beer. Well--we are all OK with just staying here and playing with ink and paper, sharing stamps and other supplies and chatting.

Tomorrow, Jeanette arrives and Terry is coming back to join us for a mini-shoebox swap. We may take another trip to Creative Pals with Jeanette and a stop at another LSS. I am sure tomorrow will be a day with lots and lots of laughs and I will post more pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6558.jpg (39.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6559.jpg (35.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #3447
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday, friends!

Barb: looks like fun was had by all! I'm so hoping to find some crafty people at my next town!

Hubby spent the day looking at houses in the south hills area of Pittsburgh. He found quite a few that would be perfect if we were a family of three. Alas, we are a family of five with a dog!

We're beginning to rethink one of the houses we saw two weeks ago. I call it "the diamond in the rough". It's a '60s colonial with a lot of positives: new roof, new furnace, nicely landscaped, flagstone patio with flat-ish yard, hardwood floors and plenty of bedrooms. It has a few negatives like original windows, original vintage bathrooms (pink and yellow toilets!), and a kitchen that could use some updating. But my husband and I like to redo houses, and the projects are nothing that has to be done asap. My favorite features of the house: a huge laundry room with a laundry chute and a door that leads to the back yard! Also, there's a main floor den that's loaded with built in shelves, cabinets and a desk...hello, craft room!

I'm thinking positive, sunny thoughts on this grey day!

Better get to my craft room for April's challenge! Are the rest of you done already?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #3448
Stazon Splitcoast

Great pictures, Barb!

Morning, all!

And yep, I'm done! But I had to do a combo since it's my turn to host tomorrow and they were both of the same theme - I purposely worked in both requirements to one challenge. Sometimes you just have to! Awesome challenge, April!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #3449
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

My post is scheduled to go live @ midnight ladies. I have another post @ 6 am so if you get to my blog after that time please scroll down to see our challenge card.

Thanks all & have a great evening!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #3450
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lovelies,

I just wanted to pop and let you know that my card is not going to be ready for tomorrow. I'm so sorry. I was out of town this weekend and have just felt super overwhelmed in the last week. I am aiming to have it up on Wednesday, because I certainly am excited about April's flower theme (I LOVE flowers). Hugs to you, Sweet Ladies.
Designer for The Deconstructed Sketch Challenge
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #3451
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Girls!

Kadie, no worries on your post time. I am sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I hope things ease up this week for you!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #3452
Glitter Guru

I'm heading to Bible study this morning, but I'll get mine posted later today!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #3453
Crimping Master

Great challenge this month April! I'm a little late, but my post is now live.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #3454
Crimping Master

Maryrose, I'm sorry you did not get the house you wanted, but I am in total agreement with you that God has a better plan! I heard a great saying from a dear friend in my Monday night Bible study, "when you're in the valley just look up, there is a mountain on either side". God is good!

Sending you a big hug!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #3455
Stazon Splitcoast

Great challenge April! I've enjoyed all the cards I've seen so far...looking forward to seeing the rest
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #3456
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it sure is a quiet morning as all of my stamping friends are gone............... We had a wonderful time yesterday!

Terry came back to my house and Jeanette arrived around 9:30 and we played and played and played more with ink and paper! But--we wish we had more time and the day was much longer than it was............ Everyone made a great card kit and we each made 5 wonderful cards! A few giggles and laughs also surrounded the table. And--Paola was with us via the phone. She called Sunday night and talked to Carol, Darlene, LJ and myself--then called back yesterday morning to surprise Jeanette and Terry with her voice!

We had a Wisconsin lunch of grilled Italian sausage and bratwurst--along with potato salad and coleslaw. LJ then headed home and the 5 of us went to Polka Dots--a LSS 12 miles away. I think we spent close to an hour shopping! Then back home and saying our goodbye's along with a promise to do it again! Thank You Carol, Darlene, Terry, Laura Jean and Jeanette for a wonderful couple of days--the smile on my face will be stay for a long time..................

The two pictures are taken on my deck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6584.jpg (44.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6585.jpg (47.2 KB, 5 views)
BlueInks likes this post.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #3457
SCS RAK Coordinator

I will check out the cards later tonight or tomorrow. Going to a funeral late this afternoon and have some swap cards to get done today and tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #3458
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueInks View Post
Hi Girls!

Kadie, no worries on your post time. I am sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I hope things ease up this week for you!
Thanks, Tami. ♥
Designer for The Deconstructed Sketch Challenge
BlueInks likes this post.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #3459
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
I will check out the cards later tonight or tomorrow. Going to a funeral late this afternoon and have some swap cards to get done today and tomorrow.
So sorry you have to go to funeral today.....
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #3460
SCS RAK Coordinator

me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueInks View Post
So sorry you have to go to funeral today.....
Old 04-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #3461
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands4ever View Post
Maryrose, I'm sorry you did not get the house you wanted, but I am in total agreement with you that God has a better plan! I heard a great saying from a dear friend in my Monday night Bible study, "when you're in the valley just look up, there is a mountain on either side". God is good!

Sending you a big hug!
Marsha, this brought tears to my eyes tonight! Thank you!

Barb, what a sweet and wonderful bunch of saints you're surrounded by! What a blessing!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #3462
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #3463
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning all...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #3464
Glitter Guru

Just visited the blogs and left some love. Such pretty cards!

Family is coming in to town for my son's college graduation this Saturday. Trying to think of what to feed all these people! With my husband working in Pittsburgh, I've pretty much given up on cooking...it's frozen meals and pizzas for my little guy and me!

Good news...we put an offer on a house yesterday, and it was accepted! Thank you, Lord! Now we have to see if it passes inspection, and hope we can get in the first week of June. I'm already decorating it in my head, and I have big plans for my new craft room! I can't wait!

Loving this spring weather! It's finally "sitting on the front porch" weather again!
momcgw likes this post.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #3465
Stazon Splitcoast

That's awesome Maryrose! Now to keep praying for inspection....
momcgw likes this post.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #3466
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Faith-Filled Friends!

I'm home again - and way too far behind with too much to do! So I'm not reading to catch up; just jumping in right here at this spot. Please let me know if I missed anything important.

I'll check out your blogs ASAP!

I missed you... but had soooooooooooo much fun while I was gone!!!

Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #3467
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope you have a Tremendous Thursday!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #3468
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

I'm home again - and way too far behind with too much to do! So I'm not reading to catch up; just jumping in right here at this spot. Please let me know if I missed anything important.

I'll check out your blogs ASAP!

I missed you... but had soooooooooooo much fun while I was gone!!!

Hugs for all!!!
I apolgize as I have been gone as well...am hoping to post my card tonight as my computer has been on the fritz (DH the computer wizard seems to not be able to keep it connected....)

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #3469
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning...have a great day
Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #3470
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Friday
Old 05-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #3471

Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #3472

Missing our Kelly... I don't think I've seen her since I got home. Does anyone know if she's doing okay?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #3473
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope your Saturday is Super!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #3474
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

Hi all...hoping you are having a wonderful weekend...

(my card is up and posted finally...sorry for the delay).

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #3475
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a second to stop in and say hello.

MUCH going on here, mostly good and unbelievable full plate but God is in charge!

Hugs to,all, I'm too far behind to catch up but sending love!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #3476
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a second to stop in and say hello.

MUCH going on here, mostly good and unbelievable full plate but God is in charge!

Hugs to,all, I'm too far behind to catch up but sending love!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #3477
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning....Hi Kelly
Old 05-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #3478
Stazon Splitcoast

I should have my challenge posted very soon ladies.....stay tuned
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3479
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jackie!

Can't wait to see what you have in mind - sorry I forgot the send a reminder! I haven't been online or anywhere near a pc much at all - you ROCK!!

Blessings and Happy SONday, all!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #3480
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is going to be a bit of a busy Monday. A meeting this morning, a couple of errands and then more meetings tonight. And--great weather to enjoy!