Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #2481
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Happy Friday!

I have a few errands to do this morning as we have our annual Christmas Party tomorrow night for friends--22 are coming. I have some grocery shopping to do and then a couple of things to make--mini cheesecakes and put a roast in the slow cooker for shredded beef sandwiches. I also hope to spend some time in the craft room.

Have a great day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #2482
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning All!

I'm not sure how to stop the merry go round Jeanette....perhaps we should turn off the electricity

Hi Barb! Have fun at the Christmas party. Those are always so nice!!

Kelly, I'm still waiting on my answer young lady....hope you're having a great day

Hi Mary Rose! How are you today?

Darlene, thinking of you Sweetie & sending more hugs your way!

Hi Sharon, April, Kadie, Carolina, Marsha, Lorie, Tami, Carol, Liz & Liz! I do hope you're all doing fine.

I'm off to get crafty!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #2483
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning Faithful Friends!

Thank you all so much for your kind support. What a blessing you are!

Mary Rose: Bijou actually has a pet budgie (parakeet) named Lou. Pictures below. Bijou would be very concerned about the cold temps with winter coming. They can survive ok down to about the low 40's with proper nutrition, but it takes a lot out of them. Bijou doesn't think your parakeet will survive the winter.

Also outdoor bird seed usually is terrible quality because wild birds augment their diet with fruits and proteins (bugs). Budgies tend not to eat protein much if this one used to be domesticated. She/he may have some nutrient deficiencies.

Barb: maybe you can email me your recipe for the slow cooker shredded beef - I've been trying to chose a good recipe for those sandwiches for a while now. Have a great time at your party!

Oh, and if anyone has the answer to stopping the merry-go-round, please share it with all of us!!!

Hugs all around!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullTummyandSleepy.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg LousLovelyColors.jpg (48.2 KB, 7 views)

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #2484
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post

Thank you all so much for your kind support. What a blessing you are!

Mary Rose: Bijou actually has a pet budgie (parakeet) named Lou. Pictures below. Bijou would be very concerned about the cold temps with winter coming. They can survive ok down to about the low 40's with proper nutrition, but it takes a lot out of them. Bijou doesn't think your parakeet will survive the winter.

Also outdoor bird seed usually is terrible quality because wild birds augment their diet with fruits and proteins (bugs). Budgies tend not to eat protein much if this one used to be domesticated. She/he may have some nutrient deficiencies.

Barb: maybe you can email me your recipe for the slow cooker shredded beef - I've been trying to chose a good recipe for those sandwiches for a while now. Have a great time at your party!

Oh, and if anyone has the answer to stopping the merry-go-round, please share it with all of us!!!

Hugs all around!
Oh sweetness!! What a doll baby! I am in awe of how gentle and sweet they are - must be the good mama they have! TFS Darlene! And I am sorry to hear the previous news - I wasn't able to get on line but did see it via phone and prayed right away. Such a tough time of year, too {{{{ 's }}}}

Good morning, everyone! I'm a wee bit behind myself! More like A LOT behind! I am just frazzled in December and am losing my mind - but baby steps, that's what I keep saying! dd15 caught ds's bug in the midst of the shows we have tonight/tomorrow - performance by other dd ...... plus my niece is arriving this weekend .... so much stuff!

Jackie - so glad you like the theme, esp cuz you were the wonderful brain behind half of it! You girls are AWESOME!!

Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. — Psalm 90:1-2 niv
Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #2485
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
OK, while I wait to get approved to participate in Barb's swap....Kelly; you MUST have more than one spot if I'm going to receive one of your cute cards! How can you make just 6 of them....come on woman---swap some more
Oh my! What? I have a swap? Or am in one - Barb's swap? LOL!!!! Oh sweetie I would be honored to make you a card if that is what you mean -- yes, Barb has the most wonderful swaps! And she is so sweet, she has 'dibbs' if you see one you just love so much - right, Barb!!?!!

Thank you Jackie for jostling my brain that I actually have one to get the stickles on and in the mail! (ahem, Jeanette, you did NOT just hear that ..... hee hee)

I'm actually making each of my daughter's a special gift this year ... I ADORE handmade gifts and hope they love the ones I'm making for them! I just hope tme permits since Christmas is just weeks away and I leave for the out of town Chorus trip in 6 days! eeeek!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2486
Glitter Guru

Darlene, your birds are beautiful! I love birds, and feed them every day. We have a nature preserve behind our house, with a creek beyond that, so we get a huge variety of birds. Everything from the tiniest hummingbirds, chickadees and tufted titmouse to the biggest pileated woodpeckers you've ever seen! Imagine our surprise when this green and yellow and blue fellow started showing up regularly at my feeder! He must enjoy my seed (I always buy the pricey stuff that's not filled with millet and has lots of oilers). He will let me come out on the deck and talk to him, but he won't come to me. I spoke to my vet, and she also said that he won't survive the winter. I may have to buy a cage, rig it up with parakeet food and water, leave the cage door open, and just see if he'll make himself at home. We've grown rather fond of the little guy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4755.jpg (61.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #2487
Stazon Splitcoast

I think those birds are so pretty...am very glad they are in pictures and not here IRL.....I always think of that Alfred Hitchcock movie......
Old 12-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #2488
Glitter Guru

Good morning, friends!

It's been two days of grey skies and drizzly rain, and I'm having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit. Bring me some snow!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #2489
SCS RAK Coordinator

OK--so we just got a dusting overnight, but I know winter will be here soon...........
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #2490
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #2491
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh my! What? I have a swap? Or am in one - Barb's swap? LOL!!!! Oh sweetie I would be honored to make you a card if that is what you mean -- yes, Barb has the most wonderful swaps! And she is so sweet, she has 'dibbs' if you see one you just love so much - right, Barb!!?!!

Thank you Jackie for jostling my brain that I actually have one to get the stickles on and in the mail! (ahem, Jeanette, you did NOT just hear that ..... hee hee)

I'm actually making each of my daughter's a special gift this year ... I ADORE handmade gifts and hope they love the ones I'm making for them! I just hope tme permits since Christmas is just weeks away and I leave for the out of town Chorus trip in 6 days! eeeek!
LOL! Did you forget you were in a swap Sweetie?!!!! I may just have to send you an extra Christmas card then

It's so sweet to make your girls handmade gifts! I know that my kiddos love their *gifts* that I make them!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #2492
Insane Embellisher

Good morning everyone!!!. Busy week here too. I have been busy with the Christmas shopping, helping in the gym teaching and getting ready for tomorrow for our Christmas program at church... it is going to be so cute!!!. I'm getting ready to go to a Choir rehersal this morning and in the afternoon MahJon game with our friends, so it will be a busy day as well. Tomorrow after our Christmas program I'm planning to decorate our tree and do some crafting. I need to make two cards and I'm running late!!!

Darlene, so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you even though I'm responding late.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #2493
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Faithful Friends!

Grey and drizzling here, but feelin' good! Finished off 5 homemade gifts of card sets yesterday and got them mailed off to our various family members out of state.

Now to tackle my own Christmas card list...hahaha. Plus, this year we're making gifts in a jar for our (adult) children. We have to really watch every dollar this heating season. Ouch whenever that dang oil bill comes...!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #2494
Gabfest Goddess

Mary Rose:
I am going to PM my phone # to you. I have some ideas on how you may be able to capture him. What a sweetie!

April: LOL you and birds. Don't worry, if you are at my house I will put mine in their cage. We have some friends who also aren't bird people. Have to respect everyone's differences!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #2495
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post

OK--so we just got a dusting overnight, but I know winter will be here soon...........
Just in time for your annual Christmas Party, helps put everyone in the mood!

Dang cute blinkie too!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #2496
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Darlene!

Sounds like yesterday was a productive stamp therapy day!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #2497
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--hope you are having a great Sunday.

Our party last night was very nice--lots of laughs, good food and friends! Everything is already back in its place. I am working on sending out our Christmas Cards today--they will be postal tomorrow. It is a bit of a short week for me as I am headed to San Antonio on Friday for the National AD Convention and will not be back until the 19th. I love that city as the Riverwalk is so nice and the temps are usually good too. I am looking forward to the trip and the convention--I am going to start a term on a new committee that was formed, so that will be interesting.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #2498
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Good Morning--hope you are having a great Sunday.

Our party last night was very nice--lots of laughs, good food and friends! Everything is already back in its place. I am working on sending out our Christmas Cards today--they will be postal tomorrow. It is a bit of a short week for me as I am headed to San Antonio on Friday for the National AD Convention and will not be back until the 19th. I love that city as the Riverwalk is so nice and the temps are usually good too. I am looking forward to the trip and the convention--I am going to start a term on a new committee that was formed, so that will be interesting.
So glad that your party was another success! How fun for everyone.
Your trip to San Antonio sounds like a great time!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #2499
SCS RAK Coordinator

it was a nice time--we have already picked the date for next year and we are doing a theme--Ugly Christmas Sweaters. I even sent an email to everyone today telling them of it so they can look when shopping at thrift stores, rummage sale or relatives closets!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #2500
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
it was a nice time--we have already picked the date for next year and we are doing a theme--Ugly Christmas Sweaters. I even sent an email to everyone today telling them of it so they can look when shopping at thrift stores, rummage sale or relatives closets!
Hahahahahaha!! That is the funniest thing I've heard all weekend! That will be a fun party

LOOOOOOOOOOONG weekend here - I'm officially the MOM to an 18 year old! ! Yikes! It's bittersweet, that's for sure.

I wanted to drop in and say hi before I drop!

*Blessings*
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #2501
SCS RAK Coordinator

Ellen had some on her show last week and they were a hoot. There is a Senior in HS in our area who has been selling them online for three years and has made big bucks. He buys them at rummage sales and thift stores in 5 states--sells each for $35-50! His basement is full and he ships dozens each day. Here is his site: Ultimate Ugly Christmas Sweater Store

Quote:
Hahahahahaha!! That is the funniest thing I've heard all weekend! That will be a fun party

LOOOOOOOOOOONG weekend here - I'm officially the MOM to an 18 year old! ! Yikes! It's bittersweet, that's for sure.

I wanted to drop in and say hi before I drop!

*Blessings*
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #2502
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Ellen had some on her show last week and they were a hoot. There is a Senior in HS in our area who has been selling them online for three years and has made big bucks. He buys them at rummage sales and thift stores in 5 states--sells each for $35-50! His basement is full and he ships dozens each day. Here is his site: Ultimate Ugly Christmas Sweater Store
That's a riot! Why can't I think of a clever money-making idea like that? Good for him!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #2503
Gabfest Goddess

Ooops, bad manners, blame it on not enough caffeine yet...

Can you believe the second Sunday in Advent is history already? Yikes! This is the week that I get caught up on my life. I am determined!

Wishing everyone well and looking forward to spending more time with you in the coming weeks!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #2504
Glitter Guru

Good morning, ladies!

My son went to a Christmas Sweater party this weekend at his college Cru (campus crusade for Christ), and they made their own ugly sweaters! Here's his creation:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15975_2015258543642_750564011_n.jpg (36.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #2505
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! I did get all of the Christmas Cards done yesterday and they will be in the mail today. I am going to spend some time in the craft room today and hope to get a swap done to be postal today too!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #2506
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great Sweater Mary Rose!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #2507
Stazon Splitcoast

Dashing through the threads (to the tune of Dashing THrough the Snow ...)

Morning! Bible study was so refreshing this am with our cookie exchange and ornament giving - the leader had handmade oranments for us all with a personalized scripture .... mine was from the book of John I loved the message and know God meant for me to be there to hear it but wow, my mind is on a million other things and in a million different directions. Even now, I feel the tears threatening to fall but you know, with His strength, I know we will get through this trial and tribulation and rejoice in the beauty of the season. Can I get an AMEN!

Sorry to dash off .... love to all!
x0x0

The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:1-3
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #2508
Stazon Splitcoast

AMEN Kelly! Glad you had a nice time with Bible study....I tried & it was just too conflicting for me with all the badgering so I just do it on my own. Makes for a much happier experience
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #2509
Gabfest Goddess

peeking back in here...
Mary Rose, what a hoot that sweater is - how cool that your son made it too!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #2510
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning All!

Nice to see you Barb! I'm a bit jealous of you being done with your Christmas cards. I'm still putting addresses on mine but they should all be out by this weekend. I never knew home many *online* friends I had until I started addressing the envelopes.....one would think I'd figure it out by all the cards I was making but that part of the process is FUN

That is an interesting sweater Mary Rose....

Hi Darlene! How are you Hun?

Hello to everyone else & I'm wishing you all a FABULOUS day! BBL
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #2511
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Jackie! Keeping you in my prayers especially during this time of year!

Oh, you all are putting me to shame on Christmas cards. I'll never have enough to send to all of my online friends...I need to start making them back at Easter I think. LOL

I am dragging today, for no good reason. I actually feel like taking a nap I have dealt with insomnia for over 30 years, so taking a nap is crazy for me!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #2512
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Prayer Request !!!!!!

Darlene - cheers, sistah -- dragging here, too! I need sleep. I need more hours in the day. I need sanity!!

Maryrose, unreal that your SON made that! He's as crafty as his mama!

Jackie - hi sweetie! I am so bad with cards, too ladies .... I was always the mom that had it together, cards not only went out in a timely fashion with updated photo AND the yearly newsletter and now? Hallmark, if I'm lucky! And this year, I'm not lucky ....... I doubt mine will make it to the mail and hope for a new year's card at this rate. Two many kids commitments and December being the month to remember!

And apparently I'm a grandma, too!! My OTHER daughter has the AP Pysch class baby to tote around starting today for the next 3 weeks! a busy, non-stop, singing, performing, insanely active 15 year old with a 6 pound baby - HA! I told her "welcome to a small taste of my world!" She named her baby girl Holly Daniels ... she is a Christmas baby herself and said she always wanted to be Holly Noel ~ LOL! Guess I missed the mark on her name - ooops!

Oh ladies, could I borrow some of your prayer for my dd's classmate - Eric. He went home end of last week with an excruciating headache - blinding, debilitating and went to bed to escape the pain. They assumed migraine - we've all had them, we know how BAD they are .... and he woke up the next morning with the headache gone. And he went to school like normal to all his classes, being told by teacher after teacher "why are you here?"! Turns out he went to all his 9th grade classes ...... except he is in 11th grade!! He literally LOST 2 years! He didn't recognize his teachers, went to the wrong rooms, didn't know his own girlfriend and they thought he was playing a prank. THey soon realized he was not playing and his parents picked him up and straight to the ER they went. He has not been back to school since then I am so fearful of the news. It just leans towards something not good, and he did not have any trauma to the head or have an accident. My uncle passed from a sudden onset brain tumor and I just PRAY for good news and a good outcome. He is only 17, God bless them. I know they could use the prayer warriors today and onward through this journey.
xoxoxo
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #2513
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Darlene - cheers, sistah -- dragging here, too! I need sleep. I need more hours in the day. I need sanity!!

Maryrose, unreal that your SON made that! He's as crafty as his mama!

Jackie - hi sweetie! I am so bad with cards, too ladies .... I was always the mom that had it together, cards not only went out in a timely fashion with updated photo AND the yearly newsletter and now? Hallmark, if I'm lucky! And this year, I'm not lucky ....... I doubt mine will make it to the mail and hope for a new year's card at this rate. Two many kids commitments and December being the month to remember!

And apparently I'm a grandma, too!! My OTHER daughter has the AP Pysch class baby to tote around starting today for the next 3 weeks! a busy, non-stop, singing, performing, insanely active 15 year old with a 6 pound baby - HA! I told her "welcome to a small taste of my world!" She named her baby girl Holly Daniels ... she is a Christmas baby herself and said she always wanted to be Holly Noel ~ LOL! Guess I missed the mark on her name - ooops!

Oh ladies, could I borrow some of your prayer for my dd's classmate - Eric. He went home end of last week with an excruciating headache - blinding, debilitating and went to bed to escape the pain. They assumed migraine - we've all had them, we know how BAD they are .... and he woke up the next morning with the headache gone. And he went to school like normal to all his classes, being told by teacher after teacher "why are you here?"! Turns out he went to all his 9th grade classes ...... except he is in 11th grade!! He literally LOST 2 years! He didn't recognize his teachers, went to the wrong rooms, didn't know his own girlfriend and they thought he was playing a prank. THey soon realized he was not playing and his parents picked him up and straight to the ER they went. He has not been back to school since then I am so fearful of the news. It just leans towards something not good, and he did not have any trauma to the head or have an accident. My uncle passed from a sudden onset brain tumor and I just PRAY for good news and a good outcome. He is only 17, God bless them. I know they could use the prayer warriors today and onward through this journey.
xoxoxo
OH MY GOODNESS KELLY... I'm speechless. I'll be thinking and praying for that young man. How weird. I hope is nothing serious.

Good morning to everyone. Very busy weekend... but our Christmas Sunday School program is done and it was a great success. All my Christmas cards are gone and I'm starting to post Birthday cards instead, although I know there are going to be a couple of last minute X-mas ones still. We decorated our tree yesterday and the house is looking good, ready to start getting together with friends.

This week is going to be busy as well. My oldest son and I are getting ready for a TKDo exam this Saturday... a long one and on Friday we have a three hours seminars to get ready. I'll be exhausted on the weekend. Still have to do some Christmas shopping... which I'm still blocked... I want to do it really special but they are not helping. They don't know what to ask Santa... Could you imagen that???. I don't know where to start . Teens are so hard sometimes. They don't know but they are expecting the best... I can't do it without some hints...

Maryrose, that sweater is hilarious!!!

It is a very neat idea to do a party like that Barb. I could use it for next year. I never bought a Christmas sweater before!!!

Kelly... 18!!! Congratulations Mama!!!. I can't picture my babies with 18 and I'm close to that!!!... well in three more years.

Ladies... have a wonderful day!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #2514
SCS RAK Coordinator

Prayers for sure to Eric and his family!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #2515
Stazon Splitcoast

Sending prayers Kelly!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #2516
Gabfest Goddess

Fog has lifted here (outside and in my head, LOL). Dashing around a bit this morning. Have to run into town first thing and overslept a bit so not much time right now.

Kelly, I saw your post about Eric in another thread and prayers continue. Please post an update when you hear something. Hopefully with youth on his side he will be enjoying a full recovery. It's just amazing how younger bodies can heal themselves.

Wishing everyone a great day today!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #2517
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning All!

Hi Darlene! Hoping you all have a great day today...BBL
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #2518
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--you might have noticed that Jeanette has been absent from SCS since last Friday. She wanted me to tell all of you she is fine--however there are some health issues for some of her family members that she is dealing with. She is not sure when she will be back to post or share her Weird Holidays............... but she misses everyone and will be back soon. If you have can send a prayer her way, that would be wonderful. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #2519
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--hope your Tuesday is Terrific!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #2520
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. Kelly... any news about Eric???. I was telling my family yesterday and couldn't believe it. I hope he is doing fine.

Jeanette, sending prayers to you as well... we are missing our Forest Ranger around here!!!

My little one had a little bit of diahrea yesterday so I kept him at home today... just in case. Flu is everywhere around here at this time, and with a busy agenda better take care of everyone.

Hope you are all doing well. Have a wonderful day!!!