Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #2281
Gabfest Goddess

Girls....in case you are close to a Starbucks in the next few days.....enjoy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #2282
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Jello sounds good too.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #2283
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

I'm meeting a friend there tomorrow! SKipping YOGA and all ........... :P

Barb, feel better!! We should have a no colds/flus allowed in here rule
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #2284
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning All!

Brandon had a wonderful birthday...he's grown so much. Makes me a proud Mama!

Hope you feel better Barb!

How is your recovery going Mary Rose?

Kelly, are you keeping busy?

Jeanette, what's going on girlfriend?

How is everyone else doing?

It is frosty & cold here but oh so beautiful! I do hope you're all of to a wonderful day & I'll check in a bit later
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #2285
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #2286
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everybody! Good morning!!! Busy day ahead -- watching two boys after school for my friends (one is taking her oldest for evaluations) and the other is a playdate add-on Wild times at my house - good thing I got my Starbucks to start the day

Jackie, sounds like a wonderful celebration for your son! I will have a 14 year old in 2 weeks All 3 of my daughters have December birthdays - yikes! And these are 'big" years .. one will be 16 and the other 18! I need the veteran moms to tell me it will be okay! I find myself really kinda sad in a small way!

Blessings to you all!
x0x0
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #2287
Glitter Guru

Bless you, sweet moms! And yes, Kelly, it will be okay. Different, but okay. My middle son, John, is coming home for Thanksgiving/end of quarter break tomorrow. My oldest is coming home next Tuesday. I cherish these years when they can still gather under the same roof, even for a short period of time. I'm a mom who loves having her boys around.

I was on the phone with my oldest son, Luke, last night. I told him that I'm getting around much better now. In the beginning, I walked like an old man from a PIXAR movie! LOL! I'm now able to do a little more...a few dishes, a little puttering in the kitchen,a little laundry...as long as I'm not trying to lift anything heavy or standing for too long, I'm okay. I'm off pain meds now and just taking an advil when I need one, which means I can go back to driving. Yippee!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #2288
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning All!

Brandon had a wonderful birthday...he's grown so much. Makes me a proud Mama!

Hope you feel better Barb!

How is your recovery going Mary Rose?

Kelly, are you keeping busy?

Jeanette, what's going on girlfriend?

How is everyone else doing?

It is frosty & cold here but oh so beautiful! I do hope you're all of to a wonderful day & I'll check in a bit later
Jackie, I remember my oldest son's fourteenth birthday. He got an electric guitar, and he was so proud of that thing! I can look at the photos from that day and see the young man he's grown up to be (22 now!). Luke's such a rock solid young man with a strong faith and a positive attitude on life. Psalm 127:3-5...sons are a heritage from the Lord, and I'm so blessed with mine!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #2289
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Maryrose for your comforting words and the knowledge that yes, this too shall be okay I'm just not too thrilled with them getting so old so quick!

I'm glad to see you are feeling better - been praying! Baby steps
x0x0
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #2290
Stazon Splitcoast

LADIES .... if you could please say a prayer for our extended family. I just got a most distressing phone call that left me shaken and upset, but I have to trust in God knows what's best for all. I can't say a lot (yet) but am so distressed by the irresponsibility of others and the sheer selfishness that has led to distruction that now is left for us to try to 'fix' ........ I know that there is a lesson but it will literally be LIFE changing for our own family. I have to trust that God is in control here and that me fighting it isn't going to make it easier or better. I just wish I were a bit stronger right now to really GET that!

I flipped to Habakkuk 3:2 which says "the just shall live by his faith" and from that am realizing that the battle I might be facing is fear ... fear of this situation at hand which is COMPLETELY out of my hands ... I just have to sit back and watch it unfold and PRAY ... He reminds us that we are not powerless but powerful becuase of him.

Please keep them in prayer and know that God knows their hearts and situation and I hope to share more later ..........

Blessings
xoxo
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #2291
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

Hi all....hopelessly behind here....the big wedding was last saturday and I'm hoping to be back to normal soon...

Kelly, sending up prayers for you and your extended family...you will make it through with all the grace and kindness you always display...I know it's hard but you are correct...it is in God's hands...

Barb, praying you feel better as well...so sorry to hear you couldn't make the trip......

Praying for all of you...big hugs....

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #2292
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a bit. My oldest has had some difficult issues and we are still working through them but I thought I should stop by and check in (thanks to the nudge from Kelly)

Kelly, I'm sorry for whatever you and your family are going through. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Barb, I hope that you are feeling better. Colds are yucky.

Jackie, good to see you. Remember, take one step at a time, one day at a time. My prayers are with you.

Carolina, did you visit New Orleans? What did you think of it?

MaryRose, glad to see you up and about and feeling better. Praying you continue to heal well.

BlueInks, thanks for the lead on Starbucks!

Kelly, my daughter turns 22-years-old on December 4th. Hard to believe I'm that old, lol

I'm sure I've forgotten many of you but I didn't have time to go back and read everything I have missed. Just know that you are all in my daily prayers.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #2293
Rubber Obsessor

Back again, this time with a prayer request. I just heard from a dear friend. Her husband has been battling cancer. A tumor appeared in his brain just over a year ago and after surgery and radiation things seem to have been getting better. On Thanksgiving (in October) he had a seizure and ended up back in the hospital. Unfortunately the tumor has reappeared and he underwent another surgery. They could not get it all as it was wrapped around a good portion of his brain stem. He ended up back in the hospital this week because he was experiencing swelling and difficulty talking. Today the family found out that his tumor is growing rapidly and there is nothing that can be done for him. They have given him a few weeks/months to live. He has the option of chemo/drugs to try and prolong his life so they are facing that decision. They have 4 children who are all grown and 5 young grandchildren (oldest being 7). One of their daughters has been teaching in Korea for the past 2 years so she is trying to get the quickest flight home that she can.

Please, please pray for this family. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. My heart is breaking for them
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #2294
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday.................................. I am going to spend the day in the stamp room and get ahead on a few swaps before things start to get hectic for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is to be a nice day with sunshine, so I also plan to take a walk and enjoy it.

I opened my annual Thank You swap last night--4th time hosting. We had 103 spots filled last year and my goal is to beat that in 2013. I'd love for you to check out the link in my siggy--thanks so much!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #2295
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappingMum View Post
Back again, this time with a prayer request. I just heard from a dear friend. Her husband has been battling cancer. A tumor appeared in his brain just over a year ago and after surgery and radiation things seem to have been getting better. On Thanksgiving (in October) he had a seizure and ended up back in the hospital. Unfortunately the tumor has reappeared and he underwent another surgery. They could not get it all as it was wrapped around a good portion of his brain stem. He ended up back in the hospital this week because he was experiencing swelling and difficulty talking. Today the family found out that his tumor is growing rapidly and there is nothing that can be done for him. They have given him a few weeks/months to live. He has the option of chemo/drugs to try and prolong his life so they are facing that decision. They have 4 children who are all grown and 5 young grandchildren (oldest being 7). One of their daughters has been teaching in Korea for the past 2 years so she is trying to get the quickest flight home that she can.

Please, please pray for this family. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. My heart is breaking for them
Oh Sharon, my utmost prayers for the family. How tragic and sad this situation is and I just pray for him to have no suffering and pain. I am finding so many people are losing the battle to cancer just way too young. Truly heartbreaking but I will keep them in prayer most definitely.

I meant to ask you, how is your cousin doing - I think it was your cousin, forgive me if not. I know since they lost their baby it must be a difficult journey for them and have kept them on my prayer list as well.

Group hug!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #2296
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Good Morning--Happy Friday.................................. I am going to spend the day in the stamp room and get ahead on a few swaps before things start to get hectic for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is to be a nice day with sunshine, so I also plan to take a walk and enjoy it.

I opened my annual Thank You swap last night--4th time hosting. We had 103 spots filled last year and my goal is to beat that in 2013. I'd love for you to check out the link in my siggy--thanks so much!
I see Barb is up and around! I hope that means you are feeling better!! YOu need some of my homemade juice - lots of vitamin C!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #2297
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, lovely ladies

Thank you so much for the prayers ~ I appreciate them! Sadly the decision was made in the opposite direction of what we hoped for and we prayed for a different outcome. Alas, I spent most of the night teary eyed and then feeling guilty that perhaps my thoughts were selfish in nature! It will definitely change the dymanics of many things and I just have to trust that this is all part of a greater plan. Fighting it makes no sense and doesn't change anything.

I picked up my handy dandy Hope for Tough Times (best book evah, btw!) and flipped to the dead center of the book: Surrender. What a message! It was soothing and I woke today with renewed hope and faith and just have to place that trust fully. I can't control it - family is family and we won't turn our backs on anyone, no matter how difficult and painful it will be.

Isn't this a wonderful prayer? It's not mine - it's from the book ... and it soothed my soul.

Thank you, Lord, that I am your precious child and your holy spirit lives in me. Thank you for your strength when times are tough. Lord I know my happiness doesn't depend on the "Happenings" in my life. True joy comes from my relationship with you. Help me to praise you, even in the middle of the fire! Help me experience the joy of your presence and the joy of my salvation. Help me to rejoice in your from the highest peaks and the lowest valleys! In your name, Amen.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #2298
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Faith-Filled Friends!

I'm home again... too far behind... may never catch up again... but home sure feels good.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #2299

Just read the posts... much too quickly to grasp/retain everything.... but want to let you know that you are all in my thoughts/prayers.

Sharon, so heartbreaking for the family dealing with such heartache and tough decisions!

Kelly, I am keeping your extended family in my prayers, too!

Hugs for all!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #2300
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. I can see that we are in need of lots of prayers.

Sharon, what a sad story. I can't imagen how sad it is to KNOW you have such a short time to live. I hope this man is a believer and leaves everything in HIS hands. My father died knowing ahead he was dying and he was SO STRONG and faithful. I admired him so much, I still do. I'll pray for him to be strong.

Kelly, I'll also pray for your family. Regarding your daughters... I struggled every day seeing them grow. It is a pain I have in my heart. I know they have to grow and became men but I MISS my little boys so much. Luckily I still have a seven years old, but I really miss the kids years with the other two and sometimes scrapbooking doesn't help. When I see the things we lived through those pictures, sometimes I cry so much. I know life will give me lots of happy moments as well in their different stages but I'm a very emotional person and can't leave the past behind. Memories follow me all the time.
Prayers and love for you my friend!!!

Jackie, have fun with his birthday!!!.

Yes Sharon I went to Oregon and had a great time with the family. The news so far: there is a less chance we are going to the States but the possibility is still there. We visited the coast and fall in love with it and the city. We visited "The Goonies" house (my brother's and my favourite movie when we were kids) and the kids had a blast. It was a nice trip.

Ok, my post is big today. FRIDAY!!!...Tae Kwon Do and Pizza and a movie night!!!. Favourite day of the week!!! I did all my laundry yesterday and don't need to cook till supper...CRAFTING TIME!!!

Have a wonderful and blessed day everyone!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #2301
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

I'm home again... too far behind... may never catch up again... but home sure feels good.
Hi Jeanette!!!. I'm glad your are home doing well. Have a nice day!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #2302
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Ladies! I hope you are all having a good day. I am so sorry to have not checked in for a while. It has been really busy as of late. More so than usual!

Carolina, I have not been paying attention! My goodness. You visited Oregon and are looking to move there. Where have I been?! I knew you were looking to possibly move, but not there!!! I grew up in the Portland area, so if you have any questions (on or offline) just let me know. I could maybe give you perspective on areas, school districts and such, if you are not already receiving information.

Kelly and Sharon, thoughts and prayers out to you and your families for the current situations to improve.

If you girls could give a shout up for our friend Kit, he is recovering from heart surgery. It has been very touch and go. He seems to be more on the go side now, which is great. He completely yelled at my DH like a dad on his first day of his job at 'the big beverage company' when he was 19 and since the second day they have been friends ever since!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #2303
Rubber Obsessor

Good afternoon, everyone. Long day at work and I'm exhausted. I'm so glad it's the weekend! I've been so tired of late and it's taking away my crafting mojo

Ladies, thanks for the prayers for my friend and her husband/family. Carolina asked if he was a believer and the answer is yes, he and his family are. Although the outlook does not look promising, we serve a God who still creates miracles so we praying that He send one their way.

Kelly, my cousin and his wife seem to be doing well. Of course, as the day of birth nears I'm sure it will be extremely difficult. She was due sometime in January. I do know that they would like to try again so that's good to hear. I was worried this would cause them to not want children for fear of the same thing happening again.

Jeanette, glad you made it home safely.

Blueinks, will definitely keep Kit in my prayers.

Everyone else, my prayers are with you all.

I think I might go take a nap now.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #2304
Glitter Guru

Good morning, ladies! Happy Saturday!

Nine days since my surgery, and I have to tell you that I'm feeling great! Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me! I'm able to drive now, and drove myself to Target yesterday. It's the little things that make life wonderful.

I also made four cards in my basement yesterday. woo hoo! I've got to get some Thanksgiving/thank you cards mailed out today. I have a lot to be thankful for. And can I just say how thankful I am for the doctors and nurses who took such good care of me? Being a patient is a humbling experience for someone who's used to "doing it herself". It made me so appreciative that I personally thanked every doctor and nurse for taking such good care of me. Heck, I even thanked the man who brought me hot scrambled eggs and coffee in the morning!

Ladies, I'm lifting up all of your prayer concerns. Prayers for healing and comfort.

What are you ladies doing for Thanksgiving? We can't travel on that day because my husband works in corporate retail, so black Friday begins sometime around nine or ten o'clock the night of Thanksgiving for him. I'll be ordering a turkey dinner from the grocery this year to make it a little less daunting in the kitchen. I'll bake my own pumpkin pies and hope for the best.

Blessings!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #2305
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #2306
Insane Embellisher

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Saturday!!!. I'm heading to church this morning to practice with the Sunday School our Christmas program!!!, later tonight our friends are coming for a MahJon game... it will be a long night of chatting and playing... YAYYYY!!!.

MaryRose, I'm glad you are feeling so good and that you have time to make lots of crafting. I made another Christmas card yesterday... 12 to go...!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #2307
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--have a Blessed Sunday!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #2308
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Barb is up early! Good morning!!

Tami - praying for your friend, Kit. I can imagine the difficulties and know that it takes a long time to recover - that is one serious surgery.

Maryrose - Feel better!

Hi Carolina!

Jeanette - Welcome home!

Sharon, thank you for the update on your cousins. My heart aches for them - and you are right, closer to the due date will probably bring to the surface new heartaches and tears but they are so blessed to have you supporting and loving them.

Thank you again for the hugs and support. I have been a mess, honestly. I have been teary eyed a lot and just can't wrap my head around the new future but thank God for a supportive husband and great kids ... otherwise, I think I'd be about ready to cash in my ticket to the Funny Farm

Hope I didn't forget anyone! I'm dashing through. Today was crazy sock wars at our school - somehow that got my mood into a colorful place, seeing all these crazy wild socks!! (the kids, that is, lol)

Off to craft ... this is the week of crazy Riley sneak peeks and I have been crafting my fingers to the bone!

God is the Almighty!!
"You Search the Scriptures"
(John 5:37-39)
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #2309

Sorry I've been missing - yet again! UGH! Our internet was down for a few days. Hopefully it's completely fixed now.

That being said, I am totally BEHIND and will not be able to catch up in the threads, so if I missed anything important, please let me know! Thanks!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #2310
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Monday Morning!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #2311
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

I've read through all the posts & stopped to pray for all of us. I do hope that things are a bit easier in everyone's life right now.

How are you Kelly & Mary Rose?

How are things your way Sharon?

Jeanette, are you being a good girl

Barb....hope you're having a fabulous day!

Hi Carolina, Carol & Ms. Blue! Hope you're all doing wonderful!!!!

I had a fabulous weekend celebrating Brandon's birthday! My brother's birthday was Saturday & he would've been 35 years old.....my family kept me extremely busy & happy. I was not sad at all & I'm grateful for them. I'm really excited about Thursday & so is everyone else. We're looking forward to having a good time!

I wish you all a great day & I'll check back in later
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #2312

Oh Jackie, do I have to be a good girl?

Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #2313
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL....no & I won't tell
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #2314

Thank you!

Oh, and remember, there are "bad" girls in the Bible, too!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #2315
Stazon Splitcoast

It sure is & Jesus didn't love them any less
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #2316
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning, Lovelies COF! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that you're in my thoughts even though I am often quiet. HUGS
Designer for The Deconstructed Sketch Challenge
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #2317
Stazon Splitcoast

Late evening check in ... Hugs for all

Xoxo
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #2318
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Good Morning!

I've read through all the posts & stopped to pray for all of us. I do hope that things are a bit easier in everyone's life right now.

How are you Kelly & Mary Rose?

How are things your way Sharon?

Jeanette, are you being a good girl

Barb....hope you're having a fabulous day!

Hi Carolina, Carol & Ms. Blue! Hope you're all doing wonderful!!!!

I had a fabulous weekend celebrating Brandon's birthday! My brother's birthday was Saturday & he would've been 35 years old.....my family kept me extremely busy & happy. I was not sad at all & I'm grateful for them. I'm really excited about Thursday & so is everyone else. We're looking forward to having a good time!

I wish you all a great day & I'll check back in later
Jackie, that is great! I am glad that you had a good day.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #2319
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Oh Jackie, do I have to be a good girl?
I'll answer for Jackie.....YES! LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #2320
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
LOL....no & I won't tell
Oh Jackie, don't let her off the hook!