Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajojus View Post
Good evening ladies!!!!. There was so much to read. One day that I'm out and I feel so behind. I'm glad Carol your trip was a success and that you had a great time with your mom. Olga congratulations to you too!!!. I send some applications to be part of designer teams, still have to wait a couple of days more. Never participated in any and I would love to be part of one. Do we have to say something to the person we are praying for????. Do we have to do something apart from praying???. Great Challenge Kelly, my head is spinning too. My son's team lost , I had to drive like to hours far to see him played for 2 whole minutes!!!. We went to Tae Kwon Do, we are a tae kwon do family and now I'm exhausted ready for my pizza and movie and then to bed, but I wanted to say hi to everyone and wish you a very peaceful and blessed night!!!. Am I forgetting someone or something??? to tired . I'm with Melina. It is hard for me to know everyone if you don't put your names in the signature part of the thread. I can't remember each name with just looking at you thread name???. Sorry about that but would be a great help. Thank you ladies... Good night!!!
Carolina, it will happen! Your work is gorgeous!! I am in awe of your stitching on your cards - something that's in my to do this for this year's cards I gave my Singer to my mom when she needed a second machine and now either to them by hand or not at all, lol.

My son is in Tae Kwan Do! He started when he was 4. Now he's 7 and a red belt. The sport is just absolutley amazing though I'm not a fan of sparring It makes my heart lurch into my throat! Are you all in TKD or just your son? Did he have a tournament - is that what you mean by driving so far? I'm sorry he didn't win. We did our first tournament this summer past -- being that they were so little, they all got a small certificate as "everyone wins" but now that he's 7, if he competes, it's you win or lose. Hugs to you!

As for the prayer sister, just pray! In the future, we'll add to that But for now, many of us need prayer and it's always so nice to do that on an individual basis so someone can pray for you, me, all of us on a more heartfelt level!

Big hugs to all - off to craft a bit! Hi Jackie! Though I saw you in the thread, too!

Blessings!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #122
Insane Embellisher

Good SNOWY morning ladies!!!. SNOW here in BC, I thought it would never happen this winter, but it is here. My son and my husband went to another basketball game and I hope today he plays a little bit more. Driving to a game for two hours for him not to play is a little discourage. We are all in Tae kwon Do Kelly. My oldest son and myself are black belts and my middle son is brown, my little one doesn't want to know anything about it... he's very shy but he comes with us to every class. I got my black belt last month and we went to a couple of competitions but now that he is black I'm not sure about it, sparring is brutal, we just do it as a family and we LOVE it!!!. Well ladies enough about me, I hope you all enjoy your day. I can't do any crafting today, I have to take my son to a birthday party and then meet with some friend so I'll be back at night or tomorrow. Have a very blessed day!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #123
Embossing Fanatic

We are thinking of both actually.
My husband said we should go digital till our supplies come in.
We are going for high quality photo-polymer.
Fell free to comment and to suggest items and themes.
We take personal requests.

Thank you for the encouragement my husband and I have been in the digital arts for many years and finally a door opens up. God sent us an opportunity we took it.

sneak peek 2

Designs are by Kalez
Concepts are by me

Stamp By Faith

Last edited by ApostolicCynthia; 01-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: updated with new image.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #124
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajojus View Post
Good SNOWY morning ladies!!!. SNOW here in BC, I thought it would never happen this winter, but it is here. My son and my husband went to another basketball game and I hope today he plays a little bit more. Driving to a game for two hours for him not to play is a little discourage. We are all in Tae kwon Do Kelly. My oldest son and myself are black belts and my middle son is brown, my little one doesn't want to know anything about it... he's very shy but he comes with us to every class. I got my black belt last month and we went to a couple of competitions but now that he is black I'm not sure about it, sparring is brutal, we just do it as a family and we LOVE it!!!. Well ladies enough about me, I hope you all enjoy your day. I can't do any crafting today, I have to take my son to a birthday party and then meet with some friend so I'll be back at night or tomorrow. Have a very blessed day!!!
I ve lived in BC for many years On Vancouver Island in comox valley and courtney I rarely saw snow in the years I've lived there. How luck you are.

*****************************Edit***************** ***********************
just wanted to add this Ladies a very good inspiring video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&sns=fb

Last edited by ApostolicCynthia; 01-14-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I've missed something along the way, although I went back to reread what it might have been. Has what the challenge will be been announced? I guess we decided on the end of the month?? I'm new to this blog stuff, and I am not at my computer everyday, so I might miss a few threads.

Today I helped with a restorative justice event at my church and tomorrow is Restorative Justice Sunday. Inmates from a nearby state prison will be singing and giving testimonies during the service. I have been busy helping a friend prepare the stew we will serve tomorrow for lunch to our visitors and newly released inmates who are looking for a church home. Keep us in your prayers that this is well attended and that these men and women are blessed by attending.

The joy of the LORD is my strength.

Right Brain Madness --My blog
Proud member of the redDivas
KSS certified multi-step stamper
Fan Club member since 2004
Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Liz, that sounds so moving and inspiration - what a great and positive role model you must be to the inmates with the programs that you and dh are involved in! I think tomorrow will be a beautiful day for you all and I'm prayerfully so!

And yes!! The challenge is on the first post, the very front where our names are listed! Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #127
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies , hope everyone is enjoying some down time tonight with family, sitting here watching Monters with my 3 month old grandson , ok so maybe I'm using him as an excusses to watch it lol. Did the email for the prayers go out already? I seem to only get a couple of these posts to my email. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow, keeping everyone in my prayers. Liz D.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #128
Embossing Fanatic

Oh wow how nice I don't recall we did something like that at our old church.
we have prison ministry though.
I am new at my new church only been there since the end of Oct and I am Sunday school teacher since Dec 1st.
I can't wait to see what other things my new church does.
by the way our church is opening a Christian school Praise God.
But I am Unemployed and the fee can be from 1000$ to 5000$ a year per child
So please pray that all goes well with My current blessings that God sent me.
So that I can afford the school for my daughter and in a few years for my son to. thank you Ladies.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, Faith-filled sisters!! I hope your day is beginning marvelously!

Liz2 - I'm sorry you are missing mail! I will resend everything that I've send to you, but it should be in your PM inbox here on SCS

Cynthia, that sounds so wonderful! I think it's a wonderful journey that your church is opening a new school! I taught Sunday school at our old church and just LOVED working with the little ones - their eyes so bright for Jesus and their minds and hearts were so open! I'm sure you just love it, too I'll be praying that the parents embrace the school idea and enrollment begins with good results!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #130
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you Kelly.
Good afternoon Ladies I just now returned from church * Sunday school*
this morning Had a blast my co teacher is awesome and she's so so sweet to she bought us all lunch today. what a sweetheart!!
Told The ladies of my new life projects they are so excited to see how things Go and are praying for us.
and so because I feel Blessed beyond Blessed today Ill share a sneak peek 3 with you.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon! Cynthia, how adorable!

Ladies - here is a picture to inspire you for today

I've read on a few of the information sheets that a few of you like to scrapbook - anyone want to give that a try this week? I'm aiming to scrap a few pages a month and so far, well ........... LOL!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg How-precious-thy-thoughts-O-God-great-sum.jpeg (61.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #132
Matboard Maniac

Had a wonderful morning , took our grandson to chuch , was such a joy , he wanted to sing I think , when we were singing he was looking at the book and making such cute sounds. there is nothing like a new baby , Hope everyone is having a wonderful day .Liz
Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #133
Rubber Obsessor

I actually have only done a little SBing... but would love to do more! I am so loving this group, such a blessing! Olga is one awesome SBooker!

Patti ~My blog Stampersize
Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

I have much to learn, too I'm soon behind! I used to Sbook all the time before I found card making, lol! Now my poor kids tell me they miss it ... What I make! . I figure 3-4 pages a month is better than none!!

What are some of your face spooking places? I go to a few sketch layouts links but those links are in my laptop. I'm attempting to learn how to navigate this ipad2!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #135
Rubber Obsessor

Really don't have any... maybe my card making, scrap booking friend can suggest a few sights!

Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #136
Embossing Fanatic

Time for evening church in Spanish see you ladies later God Bless !!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #137
Matboard Maniac

evening all, been a busy day yet a great day!!!! Sitting here now on the computer and watching TV with DH. Yes I do sbook every now and then, been a few months, need to get back in it..........I go to different sites or magazines to get ideas, I need to print out some pictures of Stella. heard last night she has lost her 2nd baby tooth, no beauty padgents for awhile LOL okay, I'm gone, eveyone have a blessed night/week and I'll catch up later!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #138
Insane Embellisher

Good evening ladies. Busy day today. We went to church in the morning too. I also teach Sunday School and those little ones loved making some crafts about Jonah today. The service was really nice, just the words I wanted to hear. I couldn't do any craft today. I'll do something tomorrow. I do scrapbook a lot but since the card challenges I'm behind. I'll try to do a scrapbook tomorrow. I don't post them though, I think I should especially now that I know some of you scrapbook too. I hope you had a marvellous day and a blessed night.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #139
Stazon Splitcoast

So, so busy in the Pylant household today. We just got home about an hour ago since 8:45 this morning! Wow, o Wow!

I pray you all had a blessed Sunday!
2014 Goals: Cards ~ 17/75 Scrap pages ~ 63/150 (May goal 16/18)
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #140
Embossing Fanatic

Good morning Ladies. I hope you all had a great Sunday.
I know I did. I went to church in the morning *Sunday school*
I went back in the evening with some prototypes of my Husbands designs
the folks at church Loved them and Blessed our projects.
The pastor prayed over me and told me to put my family and faith first to trust in the Lord as i do because he has got a lot of Good plans for me this year. Such a blessing to hear the same thing God tells me but uttered out of a mouth :P
It's very cold here this morning I am probly gona go back and cuddle in my bed a bit more. Have a great day Ladies.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #141
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Ladies! Every morning I send my son a text with scripture or an encouraging quote. This morning I sent "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord... to give you a future with hope." Jeremiah 28:11. Many times it blesses my heart as much as it does his. Thought I would share and hope it's an encouragement to you too!

Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #142
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpnelson View Post
Good Morning Ladies! Every morning I send my son a text with scripture or an encouraging quote. This morning I sent "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord... to give you a future with hope." Jeremiah 28:11. Many times it blesses my heart as much as it does his. Thought I would share and hope it's an encouragement to you too!
It's Jeremiah 29:11 Sister but thank you very encouraging.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #143
Matboard Maniac

What a great way to start the day, I also send all the family texts to help them get though the day., Just wanted to pop in and say Have a wonderful day in what ever it is you need to do and be safe. Liz D
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #144
Rubber Obsessor

Your so right... hit the wrong number!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, lovely sisters in faith! I hope your day is starting out great! My girls (2 in High School) were slammed with homework for this long holiday weekend and i'm about to head out to the track to do some walking with my youngest daughter and son Yep, I have 4 kiddos! The girls just turned 17, 15, 13 and our son is 7

Here's your question of the day - another Mini-Challenge! And I'll be back later with TWO questions - I'm hoping someone here can help, you are probably way more savvy than I am Love 'n blessings to you all!

Where does your crafting/creating
inspiration come from?
{magazines, card books, online galleries, etc!)
Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #146
Embossing Fanatic

God I wait on the Lord for everything even for the right time to head to bed or get up :P and Life experiences which again are all from God. God is my inspiration to me he is THE MASTER artist.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #147
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!, another snowy day here in BC. When I scrapbook, I usually don't copy anything like challenges or sketches, I just see how many pictures do I have and let my imaginations do the rest, but for cards I need a sketch challenge. No magazines or anything else. Sometimes if there is a lady that blew me away with her creations like Kittie Caracciolo then I tried to copy some style but usually challenges are the best for me. I hope you have a wonderful blessed day. I'll try to start a scrapbook now .
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #148
Matboard Maniac

sometimes it's from something I saw and I'll change it up to be me, but usually it hits me in the middle of the night when I can't sleep , which is more nights then not. I really have to "feel" it in order to make something ., I work well under pressure . I'm always suprised at the end result and know that I was guided there by god. Kelly I remember those days well with the kids mine are 26,25,23,21,20 ( turning 22,21 in March) due to my husband working out of state for awhile 4 of the kids got a place together and when my daughter and son in law had their baby we decided to get a place by them so I'm so lucky to see my daughter and grandson everyday and we have family dinner everynight. I am so blessed .
Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #149
Embossing Fanatic

I am working on my card for the end of January I can't wait to see what all you Talented ladies made.
in the mean time here's a new sneak peek.

I have a lot of thing going on tonight so have fun ladies see ya tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #150
Rubber Obsessor

I get a lot of inspiration from looking at others creations. It is usually colors that catch my eye. I struggle with color, so it is nice to see what other combinations other folks use.

Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening ladies!

I get inspired by SCS. All the lovely creations on this site is more than I can take in. But, I'm like Carolina with my scrapbooking, I usually just see what pics I'm doing and start laying it out.
2014 Goals: Cards ~ 17/75 Scrap pages ~ 63/150 (May goal 16/18)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #152
Insane Embellisher

Evening ladies. After talking about inspiration, I stared at the pictures I was going to work with and couldn't do a thing.... Ayyyyyy!!!. Maybe tomorrow... although it is probable a non school day due to the snow. I didn't post in almost five days and feel lost . Have a great night!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a little late in responding to the question, but my main inspiration and motivation comes from challenges. I go to my stampin' friend, debdeb's daily challenge site called The Daily Dare every day and look at a few of the challenges listed. They vary and there always seem to be something that will jump start my mojo. Sometimes my scrap pile will inspire me and sometimes a piece of design paper will get me fired up with some idea. And here on SCS there are always cards in galleries that supply endless inspiration and ideas.

The joy of the LORD is my strength.

Right Brain Madness --My blog
Proud member of the redDivas
KSS certified multi-step stamper
Fan Club member since 2004
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful to hear of your inspiration! I'm kinda all over with it..sometimes I even just dream it up! I jump out of need and scribble down ebay I thought of, lol! I don't buy magazines anymore, they are too expensive but I do like to visit their online sights that are free
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooh Carolina, please be careful in all that snow!! I hippie you stay indoors where its nice and warm me? I'd be out in it!! Lol!! Please dont fret over the scraping!! Its not required and only if its FUN and when e have the time!! Hugs!!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #156
Matboard Maniac

Morning ladies...........first, I'm sorry I am not on here much, it's that thing called time, plus I'm not a big talker anyway, my daughter tells me all the time, talk!!! She calls, I say what needs to be said and off the phone LOL. I get inspritions all over, the TV, pictures, blogs, SCS, and yes sometimes I dream of layouts. I think that is God helping me out LOL. I have decided to send Stella ( my only Grand daughter ) the last scrapbook I did of her for her birthday she will be 5. She lives in AL 12 hours away so I hardly ever see her. She is in all the beauty padgents and wins, but I just don't like those pictures, I like the natural beauty God gave her, so I don't get many pictures, then I add flowers, butterflies, all the girly things. Okay for some one who doesn't talk much I sure went on and on, oh yeah, say a prayer this morning for a man/woman, who wrecked up from my house this morning around 5:30AM. Some man stopped and ask us to call 911 which I did, not sure how it turned out, waiting to hear it on the news, but really I have a bad feeling bout this one. Yall take care and God Bless. ( I'm at work hehe)
Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #157
Rubber Obsessor

Prayers goin up my friend! I'm like Kelly and Olga... all over the place with inspiration! I once got inspiration from a picture hanging in the Dr.s office (0= Crazy how the Lord works and I love it! Have a super awesome day! We got about 4 inches of snow last night and it's supposed to keep coming )=

Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #158
Embossing Fanatic

My daughter got a Hello Kitty scrapbook kit for Christmas we do a page a week about.But lately I haven't had times with the designs and all and the ink it takes We don't have any real pictures we have a digital cam and with print the pics out :P. So the ink gets low :P
Have a great Blessed filled day <3
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, lovely ladies!! I hope today is off to a good start! I took the kids to their schools and it just went downhill from there, lol. Traffic was snarled due to an accident near the high school, we made it with an inch to spare - my son's pants (bought from the SCHOOL STORE no less,lol, busted the zipper - eeeek!) I pulled his shirt (they have to tuck it in) down and ran to the class - no spare clothes in my son's bin - seems they loaned them out and they never came back, rofl. No worries - run to the office - none there either, they only had a few donations of shirts. Eeek again! Run to the school store and buy a used pair of pants and race back up to class to get him to the bathroom to change - tada! Took dd to school after that and she said "Ooops, I left my lunch at home." I NEARLY handed her my latte and said "here, drink this - it has milk!" LOLOL!!!!!!!! Ay yi yi!

Oh ladies, I am sooooo excited - I just saw that I submitted a card to Our Daily Bread and won a gift cerfticate (random draw) and I am sooo stoked! I like never win And from ODB, wow! I did buy their grunge cross at the release as it was a MUST HAVE and I had my Christmas stocking money, lol! THat was my one splurge other than glue and adhesive, lol!

I just uploaded my first video to my blog - yay me! When I saw that i'm technologically BAD, I am not joking! But it's nice to click to the bottom and just let it play. Soooo soothing!

Blessings to you!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #160
Rubber Obsessor

Congrats on your win! Totally awesome... Your day can only get better! Off to check out your video!