Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #161
Inking Addict

Ohh how nice for you I am glad you won something "finally"
do you know what your gonna buy?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #162
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning, lovely ladies!! I hope today is off to a good start! I took the kids to their schools and it just went downhill from there, lol. Traffic was snarled due to an accident near the high school, we made it with an inch to spare - my son's pants (bought from the SCHOOL STORE no less,lol, busted the zipper - eeeek!) I pulled his shirt (they have to tuck it in) down and ran to the class - no spare clothes in my son's bin - seems they loaned them out and they never came back, rofl. No worries - run to the office - none there either, they only had a few donations of shirts. Eeek again! Run to the school store and buy a used pair of pants and race back up to class to get him to the bathroom to change - tada! Took dd to school after that and she said "Ooops, I left my lunch at home." I NEARLY handed her my latte and said "here, drink this - it has milk!" LOLOL!!!!!!!! Ay yi yi!

Oh ladies, I am sooooo excited - I just saw that I submitted a card to Our Daily Bread and won a gift cerfticate (random draw) and I am sooo stoked! I like never win And from ODB, wow! I did buy their grunge cross at the release as it was a MUST HAVE and I had my Christmas stocking money, lol! THat was my one splurge other than glue and adhesive, lol!

I just uploaded my first video to my blog - yay me! When I saw that i'm technologically BAD, I am not joking! But it's nice to click to the bottom and just let it play. Soooo soothing!

Blessings to you!
Oh Kelly, you made me laugh, I know those days that the only word in my mind is "seriously????". Glad you won something, I entered so many challenges, never won anything. It is random, and there so many women playing so the chances are few. It snowed like crazy last night so today everyone is at home, no school. I hope I can do some crafting, I feel so behind!!!. Have a great and blessed day!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #163
Inking Addict

Carolina what part of BC you from ? I was on the Island for several years the snow was so rare <3 I miss those rainy winters.
Thanks for the comment btw very sweet of you!

lovelyblues | Rpg maker Resources *my pixel art blog*
flowers and plants are my specialty
Old 01-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #164
Insane Embellisher

Cynthia, I'm from BC, Chilliwack. I moved from Edmonton and people used to tell me that it doesn't snow in BC... well, we are covered today. I don't miss Edmonton's snow, it never goes away but a little snow in winter is nice!!!. I realized today that I wasn't in your followers I guess after you told us that you changed the blog I forgot to update you in mine again. I finally finished another scrapbook page, I didn't post the one before this one but I'll do it probably tomorrow. Now I'll see if I can do a card for some challenge. Have a great day!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies!
A yucky, rainy, stormy day here.

Congrats Kelly!
Carolina I love your new picture!!

...gotta go make supper.
2015 Scrappy Goal ~ 44/100 (July 2/10)
Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #166
Inking Addict

I realized Sunday night that scrapbooking isn't only for pictures and cards.
But that we can use them in almost anything.
As my pastor was preaching and telling us about all the notes, study notes and preaching notes she took and wrote a light bulb clicked.

What if she embellished/Designed layouts for all her notes and place them in a protective album or something then I began to think what if we all wrote one page of on a subject she preached that affected us wouldn't that be an awesome gift?? * I have been going there for almost 4 months now and I am a Sunday school teacher since Dec. The pastor is so anointed All the teachings and preachings have reached me In a way I can't explain but every thing she preaches God reveals to me. I think I have mentioned this but I'll mention it again I a here because God brought me here and I am now in what I believe is a life changing project because it is part of what God has planed for us.
And all within a week the pastor told me God will send you an opportunity grab it.
so I have so many pages to add to her scrapbook so to speak.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning, ladies!

Carolina, love the new photo of you in your avi! You have the happiest joyful look about you

I'm getting soooooooooooo behind this morning! I still have to do a blog roll run! If you have any new creations up and I haven't visited, I'll be by soon!

Cynthia, you are right -- scrapbooks can be for anything! IN high school, I had a full album that didn't have a single picture It was mostly ticket stubs, matchbooks (no, I didn't smoke, lol, it was a momento), brochures, leaves, you name it!

Here's a verse to leave you inspired for today!

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
—1 Peter 1:18-19
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #168
Inking Addict

God is so Good Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!
My hubby got his new visitor visa it's good for another 2 years!!!
That's gives me plenty of time to get on my feet and get a JOB!!!
I Know for sure that all this is part of HIS plan for us.
Thank you Jesus.

* my husband and I have been married almost 7 years we are both from different countries me from Canada and Him from U.S.A since i don't have a job i can't sponsor him yet and so we have been paying for visitor visa extensions every 6 months.*
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #169
Insane Embellisher

Thank you Melina and Kelly for the nice comments about my picture. The other one was from 3 years ago, I was tan and with my hair short, so I decided to put something according to the reality. Cynthia, good luck with his papers, it takes a while but you'll get them, let's pray for that!!!. Very very windy here in BC. The power was off in the morning and I don't have a single cookie to eat, so I tried to go to the store but since I live in the mountain, I got stuck . I have to wait till they clean the road to go out. I hope the power stays on now. Perfect day to scrap!!!. I hope my oldest son gets safe from school. I can't get out of the house and if that little distracted mind forgets to take the bus we'll be in trouble. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!. Stay warm and cozy while you can!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #170
Matboard Maniac

Snowy and blowy in Washington state today. I am in central Washington, the whole state is getting dumped on. This is a wonderful blessing though. Farmers and ranchers need the moisture for the coming season. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home and not go out on the roads. My husband only works a few miles from home, so not much of a commute for him. I'm working on some crafty things this week. My goal is to have several cards done and to knit down one sleeve of the sweater for a grandson. Weather like this makes it pretty easy to stay in and craft with a hot cup beside me! Have a blessed day! Stay warm and dry!!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies
Old 01-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #172
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepylant View Post
Hello ladies
Good afternoon Melina!!
are you having a good day so far?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #173
Polyshrink Goddess

We are getting really dumped on her in North Idaho... 3 hrs from Carol! We got a foot of snow yesterday and are expecting another foot today! Stay warm and dry friends!

Patti ~My blog Stampersize
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

Cynthia, yes, my day is good so far. Clothes are done. Schooling is done. Now I'm just hanging out in my craft room until time to get ready for church

Hey Patti Wow, what a pile of snow! Yes, stay warm!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #175
Inking Addict

I have church tonight as well. But i don't know if ill be able to go.
My sister might be coming down shes having life issues.
So she will be staying with us for a few days + but i don't know if shell be here tonight my moms car broke down this morning while she was supposed to go get her.
It all depends. as for the weather here It was extremely windy and cold here this morning
I am staying in and keeping warm !!!.

*will be attending CHURCH Thank you JESUS*

Last edited by ApostolicCynthia; 01-18-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #176
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to twobizie linda

hi everyone
just got home from church - have been thinking about all of you snowed in..pray your power stays on and you can just enjoy the time and maybe get some crafting time in (-:
I love the snow but really hate it ...because I have to get out in it and cant stay home and enjoy. My work requires me to be there and if I'm at work when the snow begins, then I have to stay there (keep a bag of clothes and stuff in my car when there is a hint of snow coming our way). I manage commercial office buildings and we have to "monitor" the snow contractor...amazes me that I have to be there...
Stay safe and warm to you snowbirds (-:
hugs
Linda
"Do all things without murmuring and disputing" Phil 2:14 (my every day challenge)
Color Me Creative Design Team Member
Payne Holler Cards - my blog
DT CSS Alumni for Gina K's Stamp TV
DT Alumni for Heartfelt Creations
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh LInda, good to hear from you! I've been worried about the girls that haven't checked in .... some of the weather they show on the news is crazy!

Cynthia, what AWESOME news! God is good indeed, all the time! I'm glad you got the good news for your dh and wish you success on job hunting!

I'm just about to go to bed here I just got a blog post up finally .........

I got into a scrap today!!!!!!! *smile!*
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Mini Challenge #2!

WELCOME to mini-challenge #2!!

C.O.F ~ Here is your new mini challenge for the next week! Your mission is to create a card using A color combo of THREE DIFFERENT COLORS that is given to you by the person on the list below you! That’s right – your sister of faith will give you ANY three colors of her chosing! And it might not be your favorite 3 colors, lol, it might be hers! Or 3 colors chosen at random! Please embrace those colors and create – you can use the colors by way of cardstock, your paper, your ink, your coloring of an image, or all of them! (etc!) Please post your color choice in the thread so she will be able to go back to the posts, and it’s OKAY if more than one person thinks up the same color combo – GMTA Just to start if off in a fun way, I put everyone in alphabetically order so here we go!!!!!! Have FUN! If we could try to have a card done by say ……… within a week, in ONE week?!! Date: TBA, but not running into our First Challenge Card ;} and providing the crafters check in! As always, your mini challenges are totally optional, but if you could let your crafting sister know 3 colors so she can play along, that would be fantabulous! Blessings!

Get Ready, Get Set, COLOR!! ;}

Carol: give 3 colors to Carolina ... dark brown, light green and white
Carolina: give 3 colors to Cynthia ... Olive green, cream and burgundy
Cynthia: give 3 colors to Jackie ... Light Green, Blue of your choice, Light ish Yellow (banana style)~
Jackie: give 3 colors to Kelly ... Red, Black, White
Kelly: give 3 colors to Linda ... Pink, Burgundy (Cobbler, etc!), and Black!
Linda: give 3 colors to LizD
LizD: give 3 colors to LizW ... pink, gray, purple
LizW: give 3 colors to Melina ...RED<WHITE<BLACK!!
Melina: give 3 colors to Olga ... Orange, Purple and blue
Olga: give 3 colors to Patti ... Ivory,Kraft, and Soft Sedue.
Patti : give 3 colors to Carol Very Vanilla, Blue, and deep red, like cherry cobbler or bravo burgundy

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 01-20-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #179
Inking Addict

Sounds like a really fun challenge Kelly!!
Good morning Ladies I am about to leave for Montreal to get my little sister.
As I have said earlier last night my sister will be living with me for a while.
She doesn't know God and I am praying that this Life break will introduce them To each other. Maybe this is God's way His plan for her.
So Please pray for us.
and so I post my challenge colors Good Luck and have fun ladies!!

~For Jackie
I hope these wont pose a problem
and I hope you enjoy theses colors
Good luck on the Challenge.

Light Green
Blue of your choice
Light ish Yellow (banana style)~

Blessings and much more in Jesus Name!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #180
Matboard Maniac

Morning ladies, sorry to be missing so much, time is short for me, work all day, hurry home, fix supper, do dishes, rest and go to bed, I don't do much during the week mostly on weekends........no snow here, thanking God, I to have to travel to and from to work and do not like driving in it. Wonder why I couldn't of been born rich instaed of so good looking, LOL,(joke) I got cheated in both LOL. Mini challenge sounds good, so I guess It's here I tell Patti the 3 colors.........I pick Ivory, Kraft, and Soft Sedue. Being I used those recently I remembered them LOL, another cheat.......gotta run, I'm at work, have a blessed day and I'll drop back in later (I hope)!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #181
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for such a great color combo Olga... you're just to good to me! I saw you card on FB with this combo and it's amazing! Have a super awesome day girls... stay warm and dry!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Lovely choices so far! I'm off to a meeting at church so I'll quickly say to Linda that your color choices are ........

Pink, Burgundy (Cobbler, etc!), and Black!

Blessings!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #183
Matboard Maniac

sorry ladies , I will catch up this afternoon , be safe everyone, Linda so sorry that you have to stay at work , be safe ( linda's came to my email) I'll read the post here when I get home. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Liz D
Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #184
Matboard Maniac

This sounds like fun and I would like to play along-if we are going alphabetical, does this mean that Patti sends me colors?
~Blessings to all today! ~
Old 01-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #185
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinforyeshua View Post
This sounds like fun and I would like to play along-if we are going alphabetical, does this mean that Patti sends me colors?

I would think so I think Kelly accidentally miscalculated ...
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #186
Matboard Maniac

1. Patti ~ Stampersize
2. Carolina -Cardolina Scrapolina
3. Olga - craftieodamae
4. LizW - Right Brained Madness
5. Melina - Crafty Scrapper
6. Cynthia - Design by Faith
7. Jackie - Kreatewithme2
8. LizD - Crafts4thesoul
9. Linda -Payne Holler Cards
10. Carol - Bills Favorite Stamper
11. Kelly - Sandcastle Stamper

Just posting this so I can remember who is who.
Liz W here are my 3 colors for you, hope they work for you.
pink, gray, purple . Happy crafting
Old 01-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am so sorry, Carol! Forgive me! it was an oversight but yes, Patti will send to you!! I'm in a church preschool meeting and ran out to post real quick and send apologetic hugs!!! I'll update as soon as I'm home blessings!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #188
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks our faithful leader {Kelly} you are the bomb diggity!!! Lets see Carol... Very Vanilla, Blue, and deep red, like cherry cobbler or bravo burgundy! Have fun! I don't remember... when were we posting these?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #189
Matboard Maniac

Yes, THANKS Kelly-you are pure awesomeness!! Thanks, Patti for the great color combo, I have ideas floating through my head as I type!!
Carolina, I went to your blog to see if there are colors you lean to, what I see is such beautiful work in all colors. You are GOOD, girl! Soooooo, how about we go with my fav ice cream, mint chocolate chip- so the colors would be dark brown, light green and white. Have a wonder-filled day!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Here ye, Read all about it!! :)

I"m home! Thank you, Carol, for understanding! I'll update now and I'm so excited to see the ideas and joy running through this thread of how you will color! I'm also excited to see what my color combo will be - ohhh it's like waiting to see what the prize is in the bottom of the cracker jacks! Hee hee! ** I did want to add not to stress over the colors! If you, for example, are given Burgandy and you don't have it, just subsitute the closest you have It's all good!

Now, I do have ANOTHER something something to share with you girls! So not to overload you all at once

I'd really like for each of you to take a moment to think over if you'd like to grab onto a month and embrace it and make it your own I was thinking since we're a group of 11, how would you each like to take a month to host the monthly challenge?!!! You can make it your own - come up with your scriptures, ideas, and plans for us to get crafty!

In other words, we'll have Feb-Nov and maybe just come up with a general theme together for December, the holiest of months We do something similiar in our (Melina and I are in that one together!) crafting group and I was thinking at the onset of this group that if we get enough crafters, we could do something similiar! No pressure, just something to think on! We can do it by order of how you found this group, random draw, you can let me know "I really want MARCH!", etc I'm totally open! So, whatcha think!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 01-19-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #191
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Kelly~
That sounds like a maaavelous idea!! I would love, love to have September. My spring s gonna be pretty interesting and I love the fall colors. Thanks again!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #192
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Kelly~
That sounds like a maaavelous idea!! I would love, love to have September. My spring s gonna be pretty interesting and I love the fall colors. Thanks again!
You got it, September sister!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #193
Polyshrink Goddess

May pleeeeeee~se!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #194
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. I was without power last night and now I'm trying to keep up with all the news. But I need help first!!!!. I apply to be part of a DT for the first time and they accept me, which I'm sooo happy, I was never part of a team and I thought I was ready... the only problem is that they want to send me DIGI STAMPS and I still never try them...ayyyyy!!!. I bought one from them just minutes ago, but I don't know what to do. Could someone explain me how to use them????. It is just accommodating the percentage of the image before printing it and that's it???. I know I have to print it in my card stock and then colour it, but would the ink of the printer work good with Copics???. I should save the images all together right???. PLEASE HELP!!! I need to answer them before saturday if I want to be part of the team and I really want this. THANK YOU so much. I'll keep up with all the news after I figure this out!!!! THanks again!!! Have a blessed day.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #195
Matboard Maniac

Carolina-
Digis are pretty easy. Save them in a file, resize and print when needed. I usually print off several at a time so I always have images at hand. Set the ink with your heat tool and Copics should work fine. Something I have learned the hard way is to not put the images too close together on your printing page-you won't have enough space to cut them apart and use nesties on them if they are too close. Stampin' Up! cardstock goes thru a printer pretty easily. Gina K Luxury stock is to heavy and might jam. I hope this is helpful. Blessings, my friend.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpnelson View Post
May pleeeeeee~se!
Yes ma'am!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #197
Stazon Splitcoast

Carolina...congrats on the DT! You'll do just fine! Like cynthia said , they are pretty easy to download to your files and then printing them out like you would a document. You can resize them to your needs, too . Glad you got the power back on!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls!

Kel, I'll take October if it's available

My colors for Olga are.........Orange........Purple.........Blue

These are the 3 colors I never use. I want to use them more. Give me some inspiration Olga!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #199
Insane Embellisher

Thank you ladies for the encouragement!!!! I AM SOOOO OVERWHELMED WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON!!!!. I lost my connection yesterday and I read that there is a lot going on. I need to take some time tonight to update everything. Ok. I'm ok with the monthly challenge!!!. I have to write everything down. I have three groups, challenges everywhere and if I accept I'll be having postings there too AAAAHHHHH!!!.
Cynthia, I hope you have a great time with your sister. My colours for you are:

Olive green, cream and burgundy. Kind of my favourite colours!!!.

Thank you Carol for your tips. I can't save it though in my documents. I have Mac and don't know exactly how to do it once I downloaded. I did it on my son's computer and the printer's ink is running into my colouring. Am I doing something wrong???. Thank you for your response. I'm so nervous!!!

I promise I'll read everything again tonight and when everyone is sleeping, take some time for writing everything down and make some comments on blogs. Have a blessed day!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepylant View Post
Hey girls!

Kel, I'll take October if it's available

My colors for Olga are.........Orange........Purple.........Blue

These are the 3 colors I never use. I want to use them more. Give me some inspiration Olga!
Love it!! Those are awesome and cool colors!! And October it is!!!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 01-19-2012 at 01:24 PM..