Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #681
Rubber Obsessor

Gonna be starting to pack my craft room tomorrow.... phone work again in the morning... getting insurance quotes and the like. Waiting for the inspection report to come in firm so we can accept and finish this deal. We have hired movers .. we have ressies in a motel not far away for our last night in Tennessee!
Thanks for listening my bloggy friends... hope your Thanksgiving was as mellow as mine... now starts the storm!!! lol

Kathi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #682
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRae View Post
I'm sad to say that I have decided to stop blogging, at least for the foreseeable future. I just don't seem to be getting anything posted, and it bothers me so much to just leave it sit idle. It has turned into just "another thing I need to get done" and not the joy it once was for me. Hopefully, my zeal for it will return and I'll start again. Thank you all for your friendship over this time, and I will continue to visit your blogs when I have free time for surfing. Keep at it, you ladies are great!
Dixie
So sad to read this as I really enjoy my blogging persona... but I also understand... my blogging friends have to endure my ranting and moving issues right now! Stay safe Kathi
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #683
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathibc View Post
Gonna be starting to pack my craft room tomorrow.... phone work again in the morning... getting insurance quotes and the like. Waiting for the inspection report to come in firm so we can accept and finish this deal. We have hired movers .. we have ressies in a motel not far away for our last night in Tennessee!
Thanks for listening my bloggy friends... hope your Thanksgiving was as mellow as mine... now starts the storm!!! lol

Kathi
Kathi..welcome to Florida! Port Orange is a couple hours away from me. I hope you move goes well.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #684
Stazon Splitcoast

Visited everyone's blogs and updated mine. Have a great week everyone.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #685
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #686
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies. I wanted to share with you that I sold my older Cricut Expression (I still have my pink E) and purchased a Silhouette Cameo. Don't know if any of you have one or not but I made my first cut the other night and this machine is wonderful! I got a really good deal on my machine and so excited to use it.

I am thinking about selling some of my Cricut cartridges that I have linked to my Gypsy. I need time to go through all these and decide what I am going to do. I am also going to sell my Slice machine with several discs that I have too. If you know anyone looking for a die-cutter let me know. I also have my Anniversary E2 listed on Ebay for sell. It is in mint condition and comes with 4 built in cartridges. So pass the word along...I think I will post on the Buy, Sell, Trade thread.

Have a great day.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #687
Compulsive Stamper

I'm officially done with finals and home for winter break!! So to celebrate I updated my blog!
My Crafty Place: Spring card

My Blog: http://mycraftyplacesam.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #688
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010 View Post
I'm officially done with finals and home for winter break!! So to celebrate I updated my blog!
My Crafty Place: Spring card
Yippee for finishing your finals! Checked out your blog and gorgeous cards. I hope you can get some rest now that the test are over.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #689
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I got a wonderful surprise at work. I was promoted to the Marketing Director. This is going to be wonderful and allow me to expand my horizon and take on new challenges. I am so excited!!!!

Old 12-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #690
Compulsive Stamper

Congratulations on the promotion!!! I'm so glad to be done with finals! I'm also excited that no one is coming over to my house for Christmas this year so I don't have to try and keep the table clean and can relax by doing crafty things!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #691
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I got a wonderful surprise at work. I was promoted to the Marketing Director. This is going to be wonderful and allow me to expand my horizon and take on new challenges. I am so excited!!!!
Congrats on your promotion Dell and wishing you the best in your new endeavor.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #692
Matboard Maniac

Its been a long time since I have been blogging. Just visited several and have enjoyed catching up.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #693
Matboard Maniac

Dixie, thanks for coming by my blog and thank you for your comment. I've missed visiting your blog, but so glad that you are still visiting ours. Best wishes to you and yours.
Joyce
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #694
Rubber Obsessor

Hello all! I have missed being here but have been using power tools and paper crafting since we moved and I finally got my craft room open... go check out my blog and see my first official video! I am so excited that I met my first new years goal! Yay. Hope 2013 is good for all of you! Kathi
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #695
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile. I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. I'm working on blog commenting at the moment. My last update to my blog was on Wed.
I'm sorry that it's been so long. Things have not been good for me. In December I was told that my kidneys were not functioning properly and that was a huge setback for me. My doc put me on all kinds of drugs to try and reverse the problem and I'm due to have some blood work to see if it's working. Because of this, I took the entire month of December off from all my Design Team work and blogging. I apologize for not checking in with you all but I think you can understand where my mind has been.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #696
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Hi Ladies! It's been awhile. I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. I'm working on blog commenting at the moment. My last update to my blog was on Wed.
I'm sorry that it's been so long. Things have not been good for me. In December I was told that my kidneys were not functioning properly and that was a huge setback for me. My doc put me on all kinds of drugs to try and reverse the problem and I'm due to have some blood work to see if it's working. Because of this, I took the entire month of December off from all my Design Team work and blogging. I apologize for not checking in with you all but I think you can understand where my mind has been.
I saw and replied to your posts ... you are doing excellent work.. crafting is good for the soul and the kidneys! lol Will be praying for you Jennipher!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #697
Compulsive Stamper

Hey Ladies!
I just updated my blog! but I have a few questions for you.

If you read my blog update I asked for suggestions on non- card showing off but still crafty related posts I'd gladly take suggestions from you.
Also just curious from you ladies who have joined and been part of design teams. What do you look for in a design team that you might be interested in?

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #698
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010 View Post
Hey Ladies!
I just updated my blog! but I have a few questions for you.

If you read my blog update I asked for suggestions on non- card showing off but still crafty related posts I'd gladly take suggestions from you.
Also just curious from you ladies who have joined and been part of design teams. What do you look for in a design team that you might be interested in?

Thanks!
Sami, I just realized that I haven't been following your blog for some reason... so I am now a follower

I post about other crafty persuits but I find I get the most feedback from posts that have pics... even when they are of me or my family! lol

People like to relate to you.. you say on your profile you like the sims... make a post about that! Use screen shots you saved from your sims game or your fave sims family! Just an idea... but make posts about whatever you are passionate about ... post at least once a week so people will follow you and throw in a card or scrapbook layout when you get time.. or just post a pic of your work desk or school desk.. people love desk pics

Your goals sound straight forward and attainable.. I have been on a design team and really enjoyed it but I made sure I picked one that would be random enough for me to use my supplies that I had mostly without having to buy someones stamps or paper to make projects with... so think about that. Also design teams have deadlines that are hard lines.. you must produce or be left out that week... no fun being left out so make sure you are ready for that.. you may pick one that only posts 1 time a month because of that.

Hope this has helped you and I can't wait to see what the rest of the group says Have a blessed day!

Kathi
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #699
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the feedback!!!
Posting desk pictures is a really good idea!!!! You also just gave me an idea for another crafty thing I did that I didn't even think of posting!!!! I know picture posts go over better and I think even just in reading your post I have some Ideas for quick posts I can throw in if I don't necessarily have a card ready to go! I actually have a blog just for my sims so maybe I will give that a shout out every now and again! Thanks for the design team feedback I'm just sort of researching right now... I don't think I'll apply for any till after I graduate (December 2014) unless I find something that's short term... I might try to do a few guest designer spots this summer though.

Thanks again for the feedback!! I really appreciate it!!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #700
Stazon Splitcoast

Haven't been here in a while. I hope all is going well for everyone. I have been super busy with my new job and DH going to school. Has been pretty crazy around here.

I am so ready for spring and getting excited about my trip to California in May. Can't wait!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #701
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all. It's been forever since I've posted in here. That doesn't mean that I haven't been creating. Because I have. Due to some unexpected complications with my health, I've had to scale back on my DT commitments. I am now only on three teams one of which is my challenge blog and for now, I'm not really designing for it. I'm just taking care of the admin stuff and letting the other ladies design.

One problem I have ran into recently is trying to incorporate my style into making cards using digital images. I've never been a big fan of the digi stamp but there are so many cute pre-colored images out there that I just can't resist. I'm on one all digital team, Clearly Digital Stamps formerly Clear Dollar Stamps. They are phasing out the clear line and going all digital. Although I have been pleased with what I have made so far, I feel it lacks the dimension that I can get when I use my regular stamps and my Cricut or other die-cuts.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #702
Rubber Obsessor

Default miss you Dell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Haven't been here in a while. I hope all is going well for everyone. I have been super busy with my new job and DH going to school. Has been pretty crazy around here.

I am so ready for spring and getting excited about my trip to California in May. Can't wait!
When you reply to my blog posts you are a no reply blogger... did you know that? It is just a button that you didn't choose when setting up your page. You may prefer to be anonymous but thought I would let you know. I did leave you bloggie love in return though

Is your trip to CA a vaca or work related... would love to hear more about it... you sound excited! Kathi
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #703
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi all. It's been forever since I've posted in here. That doesn't mean that I haven't been creating. Because I have. Due to some unexpected complications with my health, I've had to scale back on my DT commitments. I am now only on three teams one of which is my challenge blog and for now, I'm not really designing for it. I'm just taking care of the admin stuff and letting the other ladies design.

One problem I have ran into recently is trying to incorporate my style into making cards using digital images. I've never been a big fan of the digi stamp but there are so many cute pre-colored images out there that I just can't resist. I'm on one all digital team, Clearly Digital Stamps formerly Clear Dollar Stamps. They are phasing out the clear line and going all digital. Although I have been pleased with what I have made so far, I feel it lacks the dimension that I can get when I use my regular stamps and my Cricut or other die-cuts.

Any suggestions?
I have seen lots of great projects you posted on your blog. How is your health lately? Three DT teams is quite a bit. You stay so busy!

I have tried a few digi images but like you it is not quite the same to me either. Seems like something is missing. However, I guess a lot of folks are going that direction. Didn't realize CDS was going solely digital. Maybe you could focus on more embossing for backgrounds and using embellishments that you normally wouldn't use.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #704
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathibc View Post
When you reply to my blog posts you are a no reply blogger... did you know that? It is just a button that you didn't choose when setting up your page. You may prefer to be anonymous but thought I would let you know. I did leave you bloggie love in return though

Is your trip to CA a vaca or work related... would love to hear more about it... you sound excited! Kathi
Miss you too Kathi! You are so sweet.

No, didn't know I was showing up that way. Will have to pay closer attention to how it is identifying me. Thanks for the blog love anyway.

My trip is purely pleasure! We were supposed to go last Oct but postponed due to my son having 3 surgeries. It is for my 50th birthday. I have never been to the CA coast and that has been on my bucket list. I have to tell you though, good thing we postponed because I won 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US about a month ago. I entered a raffle and won the grand prize! That was just pure luck.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #705
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry it has been ages since I've been here

I have a layout where I used the Cricut and also this is the last day I have on a giveaway.

Lisa E Design Blog: Valentine Page and Video

Last edited by LisaEDesign; 02-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: clicked publish too soon
Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #706
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaEDesign View Post
Sorry it has been ages since I've been here

I have a layout where I used the Cricut and also this is the last day I have on a giveaway.

Lisa E Design Blog: Valentine Page and Video
Love that layout Lisa!!! Missed you.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #707
Stazon Splitcoast

Where is everyone? Hope all is well.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #708
Proud Fan Club Member

I think we just keep forgetting to come on here and update. Right now I'm sitting in a doctors office waiting. I do have two recent updates on my blog. One uses lots of dies and I actually won a challenge spotlight with it. Take a peak if you get a chance. Hugs
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #709
Watercolor Wizard

are you still open for new members?
2014 Goals: 2/52 layouts, 0/200 cards, 0/60 Xmas cards
Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #710
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think we just keep forgetting to come on here and update. Right now I'm sitting in a doctors office waiting. I do have two recent updates on my blog. One uses lots of dies and I actually won a challenge spotlight with it. Take a peak if you get a chance. Hugs
I just went and visited your blog and everyone else's that posted recently. I haven't done much in blogging for a few weeks. I need to get mine updated soon.

I hope all is okay with you at the doctor's office. Nothing worse than waiting. I just love that recent card you made on your blog.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAcopan View Post
Hi Kel,
We would be happy to have you in our group! I am going to add you to my blog list now. Welcome!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #712
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Absolutely! Welcome aboard! I'll add you to the master list.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #713
Watercolor Wizard

Yay! thanks for letting me join!! i updated everyone to my blogroll... except the 2nd one: embellibuttons because it tells me there's no such blog.
2014 Goals: 2/52 layouts, 0/200 cards, 0/60 Xmas cards
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #714
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Yay! thanks for letting me join!! i updated everyone to my blogroll... except the 2nd one: embellibuttons because it tells me there's no such blog.
Oh that's right. That was Dixie. I need to take her off the list.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #715
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Is there room for me?

Join the FUN!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #716
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan7356 View Post
Is there room for me?
Sure Sassy! Welcome to the group. I'll add you to the main page and my sidebar.

I have to warn you guys Sassy is pretty chatty. She might just spice things up for us.

Last edited by stamptician; 03-15-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #717
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to sarahbeth46

Shame on me for not checking in here in quite a while! Welcome to the two new members. Going to check out your blogs right now!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #718
Proud Fan Club Member

I've updated today with two new digital creations. I did use my dies and punches.

CDS March New Release
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #719
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Quote:
Sure Sassy! Welcome to the group. I'll add you to the main page and my sidebar.

I have to warn you guys Sassy is pretty chatty. She might just spice things up for us.

Thanks, Jenn.... that chatty business comes and goes. But once I get a reply I am rarin' to go again! Oh goodie... blog updating time! I need a new look, too.

Where do you all like to get your blog designs? I like to change mine quite often!

Join the FUN!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #720
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan7356 View Post
Thanks, Jenn.... that chatty business comes and goes. But once I get a reply I am rarin' to go again! Oh goodie... blog updating time! I need a new look, too.

Where do you all like to get your blog designs? I like to change mine quite often!
I usually just grab a new header that I like from The Cutest Blog on the Block and then customize it in Photoshop Elements. I would love to learn how to do custom blog designs. Then I could get as fancy as I wanted to.