Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #561
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth46 View Post
Hi everyone!
This seems like a really fun blogging group! Are you still accepting new members? If so, can I join?
Sarah
Of course you can join Sarah! Welcome aboard. I'll add you to my sidebar now. Looking forward to getting to know you. Sometimes we are really active and sometimes we are really quiet. The summer has been quiet but, it looks like everyone is starting to resurface.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #562
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to sarahbeth46

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Hi Sarah. Your blog is fantastic! By all means, you are welcome to join. I will add you to my blog list. We are just a bunch of crazy gals that like to craft and use our power tools! Welcome!!!
Thanks! I can't wait to join in the conversations!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #563
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathibc View Post
Glad to have you aboard! Love your cherries button card but love the vase with flowers even better! Great work! Look forward to being inspired by you!

Kathi
Thanks Kathi! I really loved making the cherry card! I have two more from that class that I taught and am hoping to write up the blog posts this weekend.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #564
Proud Fan Club Member

I've added Sarah to our list on the front page of this group and to my blog list.
I would love to know if any of you would be interested in posting a weekly project dedicated to the Chic's with Paper Power Tools on your blog.

We could pick a day to post and reference this thread in SCS. It could be a lot of fun. So, let me know your thoughts.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #565
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Hello Friends!

Sounds like a plan to me Jennipher
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #566
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dell, Stop and take a deep breath... you will go to sleep on time tonight and wake up before the alarm ready to focus on last minute studying during your 2 hour drive to the test... All will work out as it should... do your best and give it your all!

As for the challenge I invited you to join this week... it goes through Tuesday and winners are posted Friday I think and the next challenge is on by then. So if you find yourself with lots of energy AFTER the test ... and have a project that is a basic color grouping and has one electronic die cut cut on it... link away! This goes for everyone in the group if you haven't seen the blog yet check it out at The Paper Cabana

Have a blessed and relaxing time Dell! And I will be praying for an A for you! lol Kathi
Thanks for all the well wishes Kathi. I really needed it. Test is over now and I just have to wait on results. I walked away feeling pretty good but the questions were kind of wonky too. So, just a wait and see game now.

I will have to check out your challenge sometime b4 Sunday afternoon. I am watching football. I really need to unwind and plus my stomach has been upset all morning. I am sure it is nerves from the test and all....Plus my poor DH went to brush his teeth this morning and picked up Desitin instead of toothpaste!!! It is funny now but at the time not so funny and I was afraid I was going to have to take him to the hospital and cancel the test...Anyway, stuff happens!!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
I've added Sarah to our list on the front page of this group and to my blog list.
I would love to know if any of you would be interested in posting a weekly project dedicated to the Chic's with Paper Power Tools on your blog.

We could pick a day to post and reference this thread in SCS. It could be a lot of fun. So, let me know your thoughts.
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #568
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Thanks for all the well wishes Kathi. I really needed it. Test is over now and I just have to wait on results. I walked away feeling pretty good but the questions were kind of wonky too. So, just a wait and see game now.

I will have to check out your challenge sometime b4 Sunday afternoon. I am watching football. I really need to unwind and plus my stomach has been upset all morning. I am sure it is nerves from the test and all....Plus my poor DH went to brush his teeth this morning and picked up Desitin instead of toothpaste!!! It is funny now but at the time not so funny and I was afraid I was going to have to take him to the hospital and cancel the test...Anyway, stuff happens!!
Dell... I prayed for you all day... glad you feel good about the test... as a nurse I have to take lots of timed tests for stuff to keep certified in my specialty area of pediatric critical care and never look forward to tests... ok... my hubby would have smacked me (JK) because I would have laughed at Desitin teeth! lmbo... so cute that you shared that with us! Let us know how your test results turn out... when do you hear??? Kathi
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #569
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

if everyone is up with that idea I am... I post at least twice a week and sometimes more... I can dedicate one to this. Wednesday is the post for the blog I am helping as a designer for but any other day is fine with me. Not sure how long I will be designing for them as most of the girls are cameo girls and have given up cricut long ago. I personally love my cricut and my gypsy! We should also plan a blog hop for when we are all making Christmas cards or Thanksgiving stuff! What do you think? I can find blog candy in my stash that has never been used to add to the ideas too!

I want to get my commenters up so I was thinking of doing that anyway. Let me know if you have ideas that have worked for you all to get commenting and subscriber rates increased! Thanks all! Kathi
Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #570
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dell... I prayed for you all day... glad you feel good about the test... as a nurse I have to take lots of timed tests for stuff to keep certified in my specialty area of pediatric critical care and never look forward to tests... ok... my hubby would have smacked me (JK) because I would have laughed at Desitin teeth! lmbo... so cute that you shared that with us! Let us know how your test results turn out... when do you hear??? Kathi
Thank you sooo much!!! It is a certification for managing an Assisted Living Community. I will hopefully know b4 the end of this week. I think they send the test results in the mail.

That is so neat that you work in pediatrics. Awesome that it is for those with critical care. I admire that!

Yes, it was too funny when I saw DH with all that white cream in his teeth and mouth! LOL!!!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #571
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
if everyone is up with that idea I am... I post at least twice a week and sometimes more... I can dedicate one to this. Wednesday is the post for the blog I am helping as a designer for but any other day is fine with me. Not sure how long I will be designing for them as most of the girls are cameo girls and have given up cricut long ago. I personally love my cricut and my gypsy! We should also plan a blog hop for when we are all making Christmas cards or Thanksgiving stuff! What do you think? I can find blog candy in my stash that has never been used to add to the ideas too!

I want to get my commenters up so I was thinking of doing that anyway. Let me know if you have ideas that have worked for you all to get commenting and subscriber rates increased! Thanks all! Kathi
Sounds perfect Kathi. You ladies just let me know dates and all and I will try and commit to doing this. I love the idea!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #572
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Thank you sooo much!!! It is a certification for managing an Assisted Living Community. I will hopefully know b4 the end of this week. I think they send the test results in the mail.

That is so neat that you work in pediatrics. Awesome that it is for those with critical care. I admire that!

Yes, it was too funny when I saw DH with all that white cream in his teeth and mouth! LOL!!!
Dell... how exciting.. are you looking for a job in that area or already have one and trying to be certified to keep it?

I love LOVE being a pediatric critical care nurse... it is challenging at times but is overall a great career.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone on here wants to do to further our blogs! Kathi
Old 09-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #573
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! I just made a round of visits to everyone's blog. Updated mine early this morning. So far, it looks like Jackie, Kathi, Dell and myself are up for doing a weekly post dedicated to our group. I know a lot of the other blogging groups do it but, I just have never really pushed this group to hard. And of course it wouldn't be mandatory to remain a member of the group. I believe that we all go through phases in life where we have to take breaks from things. I already have posts dedicated to Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed. So, Thu, Fri, or Sat would work for me.

Just a little FYI to Kathi, we can't really discuss or plan blog hops or blog candy on SCS. They frown really hard upon that and will delete your post if they see it.(I know cause I got my hand slapped for doing it) That being said we can always talk about those types of things through PM's.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #574
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Hi all! I just made a round of visits to everyone's blog. Updated mine early this morning. So far, it looks like Jackie, Kathi, Dell and myself are up for doing a weekly post dedicated to our group. I know a lot of the other blogging groups do it but, I just have never really pushed this group to hard. And of course it wouldn't be mandatory to remain a member of the group. I believe that we all go through phases in life where we have to take breaks from things. I already have posts dedicated to Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed. So, Thu, Fri, or Sat would work for me.

Just a little FYI to Kathi, we can't really discuss or plan blog hops or blog candy on SCS. They frown really hard upon that and will delete your post if they see it.(I know cause I got my hand slapped for doing it) That being said we can always talk about those types of things through PM's.
thanks for letting me know... I truly had no idea... just watching what is happening on other crafting blogs... will keep my ideas regarding this to myself or in PM's in the future and thanks for the heads up!

Kathi
Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #575
Matboard Maniac

Hello ladies! Life has been busy and my blog has been neglected, but I'm hoping to have more free time soon. Welcome to the group, Sarah! I'll be stopping by to visit your blog (and the rest of you ladies, as well) and adding you to my sidebar tomorrow morning. I would do my best to participate in a weekly posting for our group. Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #576
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #577
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dell... how exciting.. are you looking for a job in that area or already have one and trying to be certified to keep it?

I love LOVE being a pediatric critical care nurse... it is challenging at times but is overall a great career.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone on here wants to do to further our blogs! Kathi
I work at an Assisted Living Facility as the HR/Business Office Manager. I am looking to get a position as Administrator.

I can only imagine the challenges you must face as a critical care nurse. My DD is a nurse and works in the emergency room. She is studying for her ARNP and should finish in about a year. She loves it!!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #578
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Either of those days would work for me too. I would probably prefer Thur or Sat and not Friday though.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #579
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRae View Post
Hello ladies! Life has been busy and my blog has been neglected, but I'm hoping to have more free time soon. Welcome to the group, Sarah! I'll be stopping by to visit your blog (and the rest of you ladies, as well) and adding you to my sidebar tomorrow morning. I would do my best to participate in a weekly posting for our group. Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hi Dixie! Missing you lately. Hope you get some free time soon.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #580
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning
Hi Jackie! Hope all is going well for you.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 AM   #581
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Hi Dell.....I'm doing a bit better Hun

I prefer either Thursday or Saturday myself since Friday is already taken.....I'm looking forward to whatever you decide Jennipher.

Blog is updated & I'm off to visit
Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #582
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I work at an Assisted Living Facility as the HR/Business Office Manager. I am looking to get a position as Administrator.

I can only imagine the challenges you must face as a critical care nurse. My DD is a nurse and works in the emergency room. She is studying for her ARNP and should finish in about a year. She loves it!!
No test results yet???? Waiting is soooo hard!!! Cool that your DD is a nurse too... I was gonna be a nurse anesthetist but had a breakdown a few years ago so now I am home full time with my kids. Long story but my hubby died and our house burned down within 2 weeks of each other... we are moving forward these days but it took us a while of taking time off life to get back to living... I really love being a part of this group!

Have a great rest of the week Dell... and everyone! Kathi
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No test results yet???? Waiting is soooo hard!!! Cool that your DD is a nurse too... I was gonna be a nurse anesthetist but had a breakdown a few years ago so now I am home full time with my kids. Long story but my hubby died and our house burned down within 2 weeks of each other... we are moving forward these days but it took us a while of taking time off life to get back to living... I really love being a part of this group!

Have a great rest of the week Dell... and everyone! Kathi
No results yet...I keep going to the mailbox but nothing there. I am getting a bit anxious!

Wow Kathy, what tragedy you had to go through! I am sooo sorry!!! Hugs to you and your family. How many kids do you have?

BTW, I am thrilled you are a part of our group too!

Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #584
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #585
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning!
Good morning! Anyone have any crafty plans for this weekend? Im teaching two card classes!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #586
Stazon Splitcoast

I am working on 2 swaps. Almost have one finished tonight.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #587
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Hi All... I just found the best blog if you have a gypsy... it is Cricut is close to my heart look at Saturdays post for a really cute card I would like to make with my gypsy and imagination. Also check out the card I made following Sheila's previous posts on her personal blog! Kathi
Thanks for this info Kathi. I have a gypsy and have no idea how to use it. Can't check out the blog tonight, but I bookmarked it for future cruising.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #588
Matboard Maniac

Didn't realize it had been so long since I have been here. I see a new name, Sarah, Welcome.

I saw a post about dedicating a post on our own blogs to this forum sounds like fun.
I'll be visiting tomorrow.

Last edited by GrandmaJoyce; 09-14-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #589
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth46 View Post
Good morning! Anyone have any crafty plans for this weekend? Im teaching two card classes!
I am hoping to craft with a couple new dies I just got... have an ecutter but still use my cuttlebug! I had a yard sale today that was fun!

Hope your card classes go well!

Kathi
Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! I plan to get crafty today if all goes well.....I usually don't make plans though because something always gets in the way LOL!

Have a great day ladies
Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #591
Matboard Maniac

I can't get to The Paper Cabana. I was in there a couple of days ago, bookmarked it but when I click on the bookmark it takes me to a search page. When I type it in, I get the same response.
Kathi, I clicked on it in your blog today and it took me to the search page. How do I get there? I typed The Paper Cabana and this takes me to a search page.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #592
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce View Post
I can't get to The Paper Cabana. I was in there a couple of days ago, bookmarked it but when I click on the bookmark it takes me to a search page. When I type it in, I get the same response.
Kathi, I clicked on it in your blog today and it took me to the search page. How do I get there? I typed The Paper Cabana and this takes me to a search page.
I just went there and it worked for me... but I honestly will tell you Francie (who runs the blog challenge) has had some start up issues and occasionally I can't get on... just try in a bit and call me if it doesn't work... 615-948-2585. Kathi
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #593
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning
Old 09-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #594
Matboard Maniac

Good morning everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Joyce, did you manage to get on that site? Last week my computer kept rerouting me to a dlink search when I tried to go on some sites. It fixed itself when I completely shut down my computer and unplugged/plugged back in the router. Don't know if that's what's happening for you. I'm not a real techie myself, but that's the advice my husband always gives me and it helped that time
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #595
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRae View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Joyce, did you manage to get on that site? Last week my computer kept rerouting me to a dlink search when I tried to go on some sites. It fixed itself when I completely shut down my computer and unplugged/plugged back in the router. Don't know if that's what's happening for you. I'm not a real techie myself, but that's the advice my husband always gives me and it helped that time
Thanks Dixie

I haven't been able to get on to it. Whether I type in the address or click on a link it takes me to a search page. I find the paper cabana badge address in the search list and when I click on it I stay on the page I'm already on. I will try shutting everything down, didn't think it could fix that, but it does seem to be the magic "button".
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #596
Rubber Obsessor

Hi all... sounds like everyone is having a busy week. Visited everyone and left inspired! Hope to make some more cards today and close up my scraproom... we are getting ready to get pics taken of the house and my area has to be "clean"!!! I don't know how to do that!!!! lol Have a blessed weekend everyone! Kathi
Old 09-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #597
Matboard Maniac

I'm updated with a window card that Kathibc helped me make. I owe her a debt of gratitude for helping me get my Gypsy up and going

Also: got onto The Paper Cabana today. I even mentioned it in my post and was able to link it. Wheew

Have a good rest of the weekend. I'll be crusin the blogs tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #598
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce View Post
I'm updated with a window card that Kathibc helped me make. I owe her a debt of gratitude for helping me get my Gypsy up and going

Also: got onto The Paper Cabana today. I even mentioned it in my post and was able to link it. Wheew

Have a good rest of the weekend. I'll be crusin the blogs tomorrow.
I LOVED helping you learn how to love your gypsy again! Glad we are becoming fast friends as a HUGE bonus! Take care and everyone check out the Paper Cabanas Inspiration Challenge... just one cutter cut is needed on any type papercrafting project! Prizes each week too!
Kathi
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #599
Rubber Obsessor

My mom (aka "martha stewart") and my dad (aka "fix it man") are coming to my house tomorrow to help us finish getting ready to put our home on the market! Excited and scared at how Martha will stage it and fix it man will fluff it... please pray for me to be calm and grateful for all their "help". Have a great weekend and Happy Fall! Kathi
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #600
Kookie Creator

Quote:
My mom (aka "martha stewart") and my dad (aka "fix it man") are coming to my house tomorrow to help us finish getting ready to put our home on the market! Excited and scared at how Martha will stage it and fix it man will fluff it... please pray for me to be calm and grateful for all their "help". Have a great weekend and Happy Fall! Kathi
Best of luck, Kathi!

My husband and I are currently starting to re-do some rooms in our condo. We hope to put it on the market in a couple months. We really want to buy our first house so we can start a family. Sadly the housing market in NJ is a tough one.