Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathibc View Post
Love your blog Dell.. you and Jennipher seem to post the most often in this group... I am proud to be a part of this group... but I have a lot to learn still...

Can anyone suggest a website or a book with the basic 101 on how to build a blog into a beautiful website??? Thanks for any help you have so mine can look nice like all of yours! Kathi
Thanks for the compliment Kathi! So happy you are here with us!! All of us have a lot to learn and I speak for myself the most!

Not sure of any book or website for building a blog. When I did it I just went to blogger and started building it. The best thing is just dig in and get your hands dirty. Don't be afraid to mess anything up. It is all correctable. If I wasn't sure of something or didn't understand a term I would "google" it and find out what I needed to do. I created my own header at the top a few years ago. I would probably like to change it in the near future but I haven't taken the time to do it. I took a picture of the things I wanted to showcase for crafting and sized my pic up so it could fit for the header. Then just added it to blogger.

My best suggestion is just start it and see where it takes you. If you get hung up you can always post a question on this forum or even this thread and someone from SCS will be more than like happy to assist you.

Good luck with it!!

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #522
Stazon Splitcoast

One thing I did notice Kathi is that I cannot seem to post a comment on your blog. I tried your last three posts and it will not bring up the comment block for me to post. Not sure if this is on your end or mine. I can however, post to other folks blogs.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #523
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Thanks for the compliment Kathi! So happy you are here with us!! All of us have a lot to learn and I speak for myself the most!

Not sure of any book or website for building a blog. When I did it I just went to blogger and started building it. The best thing is just dig in and get your hands dirty. Don't be afraid to mess anything up. It is all correctable. If I wasn't sure of something or didn't understand a term I would "google" it and find out what I needed to do. I created my own header at the top a few years ago. I would probably like to change it in the near future but I haven't taken the time to do it. I took a picture of the things I wanted to showcase for crafting and sized my pic up so it could fit for the header. Then just added it to blogger.

My best suggestion is just start it and see where it takes you. If you get hung up you can always post a question on this forum or even this thread and someone from SCS will be more than like happy to assist you.

Good luck with it!!
Well said Dell! You just have to jump in there. My first blog is still out there in cyber space somewhere and well, in pails in comparison to this one. I've come a long ways since then and I've shifted my focus from scrapbooking to card-making. I never played in any challenges before either. I also wasn't on any design teams. Being on design teams and participating in challenges has given me something to "blog" about. On my old blog, I shared more about my personal life and it was a culmination of so many things. I wanted this one to be strictly about paper-crafting. That doesn't mean I want add some personal content here and there but, it's clear that my passion is about paper-crafting. Like Dell said, there is nothing that can't be undone. So take some chances and ask questions. Have fun!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #524
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Everyone!!! I'm so sorry about the lack of updates and chatting here... but unfortunately life got in the way a bit. We found out almost 2 weeks ago now that my dad is losing his job which means things are going to be pretty tight around here for awhile that on top of me teaching at a theater summer camp and working on the summer musical at the same theater it's been nuts! But summer camp is over and so is the show and my family is working on dealing my dad's job and I just finished applying for a weekend job. I've finally gotten a chance to breathe... and update my blog!

My Blog: http://mycraftyplacesam.blogspot.com/
Old 08-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010 View Post
Hello Everyone!!! I'm so sorry about the lack of updates and chatting here... but unfortunately life got in the way a bit. We found out almost 2 weeks ago now that my dad is losing his job which means things are going to be pretty tight around here for awhile that on top of me teaching at a theater summer camp and working on the summer musical at the same theater it's been nuts! But summer camp is over and so is the show and my family is working on dealing my dad's job and I just finished applying for a weekend job. I've finally gotten a chance to breathe... and update my blog!
Hope things work out for your family. Sorry to hear about your dad's job. That is so tough!!

Off to check out your blog!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #526
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to hear about your Dad's job Sami. Economic times our tough on everyone. I'm thankful every day that I have a job as our company just went through a major restructure and some people did lose their jobs. My hours got cut down to 20 per week but I got to keep my medical and other benefits which is really what I work for.

I've updated my blog a couple of times this week. I have had such a crazy week with 2 different companies contacting me out of the blue and offering me a DT position. At first I thought maybe someone was pulling a joke on me. But it's for real! I can't say where just yet and the second offer came today and I don't know if I'm going to accept or not. I like to pray about things before I decide. However, now that I only work 20 hours per week I sure have the time on my hands.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #527
Compulsive Stamper

I think we'll be fine. My dad has his job till holloween and I'm hoping to either have a weekend job at home or a weekday job at school by then. I've only applied to Best Buy so far and I'm still thinking of applying at Jo Ann.

That's so awesome about the DT's Jennipher!! I'm going to look at some DT calls next winter/spring for next summer I think they sound like lots of fun!!!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennipher, congrats on the DT calls. Sounds like a great opportunity for you!

Sami, glad that your dad has a little time b4 his job goes away. Good luck on your job hunt.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

I was able to work in my craft room today. I made 4 mini albums for some swaps that I am participating in. Amazing how much time it takes to put those together.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #530
Rubber Obsessor

Default thanks for the feedback Dell!

Quote:
One thing I did notice Kathi is that I cannot seem to post a comment on your blog. I tried your last three posts and it will not bring up the comment block for me to post. Not sure if this is on your end or mine. I can however, post to other folks blogs.
For some reason I am not getting all the messages from this board and just got my computer back from the shop today... posted a blog and came here... sorry I have not responded sooner to your expression of kindness!

Thanks again for the encouragement .. I will get it like I like it sooner or later and in the mean time I will have fun with your blogs and others I have discovered! Thanks for having me!

Kathi
Old 08-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #531
Rubber Obsessor

Default Congrats on your offers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Sorry to hear about your Dad's job Sami. Economic times our tough on everyone. I'm thankful every day that I have a job as our company just went through a major restructure and some people did lose their jobs. My hours got cut down to 20 per week but I got to keep my medical and other benefits which is really what I work for.

I've updated my blog a couple of times this week. I have had such a crazy week with 2 different companies contacting me out of the blue and offering me a DT position. At first I thought maybe someone was pulling a joke on me. But it's for real! I can't say where just yet and the second offer came today and I don't know if I'm going to accept or not. I like to pray about things before I decide. However, now that I only work 20 hours per week I sure have the time on my hands.
I like to pray about things too.. mull it over and look at all sides of it... I have learned when the grass looks greener it not always is... then your in the middle of it.. but when I pray before rushing in it is God who gets the glory. Share with us when you know more! Kathi
Old 08-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #532
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Okay Dell... took your advice and played around starting with comments because I want to know what my readers think... see ifyou can leave a comment easier now since I made some changes Thanks Kathi
P. S. Anyone reading this that knows what I should be doing please tell me as I am willing to make it easier to leave feedback or at least comment on my blog Everyone likes to see readership up!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #533
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Crafty Ladies!!
I actually put up quite a few updates today and I'm going around to everyone else's blogs now before I start crafting again

Old 08-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #534
Rubber Obsessor

I have been crafting... will post that blog tomorrow... and still getting the house ready to sell... keep us in your prayers that resistant family members will become more open to the idea of moving... Kathi
Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #535
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have been crafting... will post that blog tomorrow... and still getting the house ready to sell... keep us in your prayers that resistant family members will become more open to the idea of moving... Kathi
Was able to post on your blog!! Yay!!!

Definitely in my prayers. Moving is so hard to do.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #536
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Was able to post on your blog!! Yay!!!

Definitely in my prayers. Moving is so hard to do.
Thanks Dell... and thanks for checking out my blog and posting there... glad it is easier now Kathi
Old 08-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #537
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, Dell. That is a lot of mini albums!

Here's my latest layout. I dusted off the Cricut for the border.

Lisa E Design Blog: Our Day at Biltmore
Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa love your layout of the Biltmore! I so enjoy visiting there.

Yes, I don't know how I managed to get all those albums done but I did. Guess I was on a roll!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #539
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to post on my blog but been too busy. I have been working on several projects using my Cricut machine but can't seem to slow down to take pics and blog.

Ever have days like this??

Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #540
Rubber Obsessor

Hi All... I just found the best blog if you have a gypsy... it is Cricut is close to my heart look at Saturdays post for a really cute card I would like to make with my gypsy and imagination. Also check out the card I made following Sheila's previous posts on her personal blog! Kathi
Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #541
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I need to post on my blog but been too busy. I have been working on several projects using my Cricut machine but can't seem to slow down to take pics and blog.

Ever have days like this??
I do... lol! Kathi
Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

Great website Kathi! TFS.

Yep, just can't get time enough to stop and post. I think the hassle of downloading pics can be time consuming for me.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #543
Matboard Maniac

I enjoy visiting all the blogs and I leave a bit of love behind when I can. However, it has become quite difficult at times to leave a comment. It almost always takes me two to three trys to get the mixed up words correct, and then, if the blog is moderated, I don't know if my comment has made it past security. I'm finding more and more blogs are using the mixed up letter to leave comments. The mixed up letters can be very hard to read when one has old eyes.

Last edited by GrandmaJoyce; 08-23-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #544
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce View Post
I enjoy visiting all the blogs and I leave a bit of love behind when I can. However, it has become quite difficult at times to leave a comment. It almost always takes me two to three trys to get the mixed up words correct, and then, if the blog is moderated, I don't know if my comment has made it past security. I'm finding more and more blogs are using the mixed up letter to leave comments. The mixed up letters can be very hard to read when one has old eyes.
I could not agree with you more, Joyce! I hate the new word verification blogger has come up with. In my personal opinion, if you are worried about spam comments then you should just do comment moderation. Plain and simple. You see the comment before it gets posted to your blog and if you don't like it, then don't approve it. Then there are those that do word verification and comment moderation! Seriously?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #545
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
I could not agree with you more, Joyce! I hate the new word verification blogger has come up with. In my personal opinion, if you are worried about spam comments then you should just do comment moderation. Plain and simple. You see the comment before it gets posted to your blog and if you don't like it, then don't approve it. Then there are those that do word verification and comment moderation! Seriously?
Thank you Jennipher. I honestly thought I was the only one who didn't like the verifications. The new ones are really hard to decipher.
I was blogging using another forum and several of them had the verification and I couldn't get past it the letters were so piled on top of each other. I left comments on the forums. I run into it so often that blogging is becoming not fun. Is there really that much spam?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #546
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Thank you Jennipher. I honestly thought I was the only one who didn't like the verifications. The new ones are really hard to decipher.
I was blogging using another forum and several of them had the verification and I couldn't get past it the letters were so piled on top of each other. I left comments on the forums. I run into it so often that blogging is becoming not fun. Is there really that much spam?
I honestly don't think so. I've been blogging since 2007 with blogger, typepad and wordpress and I've had one spam comment.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #547
Rubber Obsessor

Just visited everyones blog... Laurie I love how you are getting your readership or posters up! I may try a give away after my yard sale is over and the house is on the market.. something I haven't used that others would want... I know I would have to pick up the shipping cost... so how bad do I want more commenters???

Jennipher did you find out if you are going to take the designer spots you mentioned earlier in the month???

I have been offered a guest designer spot on a new blog that is starting for weekly e-machine challenges. It is The Paper Cabana. If you wanna have some fun check it out! Or see the card I entered as inspiration for the first challenge on my blog!

Have a blessed week everyone!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just visited everyones blog... Laurie I love how you are getting your readership or posters up! I may try a give away after my yard sale is over and the house is on the market.. something I haven't used that others would want... I know I would have to pick up the shipping cost... so how bad do I want more commenters???

Jennipher did you find out if you are going to take the designer spots you mentioned earlier in the month???

I have been offered a guest designer spot on a new blog that is starting for weekly e-machine challenges. It is The Paper Cabana. If you wanna have some fun check it out! Or see the card I entered as inspiration for the first challenge on my blog!

Have a blessed week everyone!
Awesome Kathi! I checked it out and looks like a great blog and opportunity! Good luck.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think there is if you have a high traffic blog. Like Jennipher, I have only had one or two of them.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #550
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to hpyscrpr2

Good Morning! How is everyone doing? I hope you're all having a good day so far....I'll check back in a bit later
Old 09-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jackie! Awesome day here in the South! Happy Labor Day everyone.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #552
Rubber Obsessor

Happy Labor Day everyone... time to see some fall things on your blogs! lol Don't forget to pull out your e-cutters and check out the challenge blog I am helping design for on Wednesday at www.thepapercabana.com ! Kathi
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning & Happy Labor Day Everyone!

I'm going to check out your new challenge Kathi!

OK, it sounds like you need to have an e-cutter to play along. What is that? All I have is the Big Shot & I LOVE that thing. Can I use that?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning
Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #555
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to sarahbeth46

Hi everyone!
This seems like a really fun blogging group! Are you still accepting new members? If so, can I join?
Sarah
Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #556
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning & Happy Labor Day Everyone!

I'm going to check out your new challenge Kathi!

OK, it sounds like you need to have an e-cutter to play along. What is that? All I have is the Big Shot & I LOVE that thing. Can I use that?
Hey Jackie... sorry for the delay in my reply I didn't get your message. You do have to have a cricut or a cameo or something like that to play with this but if you love your big shot and dies you should check out this blog... I am LOVING her stuff....Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds.

I want to get back to basics and do some of this stuff on the side... just need some of her tools. thinking about using a mouse pad that is dense foam for my shaping board until I can get a cake decorators foam board and ball tool!

Anyway, back to creating for my next challenge! Kathi
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth46 View Post
Hi everyone!
This seems like a really fun blogging group! Are you still accepting new members? If so, can I join?
Sarah
Hi Sarah. Your blog is fantastic! By all means, you are welcome to join. I will add you to my blog list. We are just a bunch of crazy gals that like to craft and use our power tools! Welcome!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

Been a crazy work week for me. Tomorrow I have to take a state certification test. Wish me luck!!! I have to get up with the chickens to drive 2 hrs to take this too. Test starts at 8:30 a.m.

I will update my blog sometime this weekend.

Kathi, would love to do your challenge but I have had so much studying to do I can't come up for air until after tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #559
Rubber Obsessor

Default Welcome Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth46 View Post
Hi everyone!
Sarah
Glad to have you aboard! Love your cherries button card but love the vase with flowers even better! Great work! Look forward to being inspired by you!

Kathi
Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #560
Rubber Obsessor

Default It is all good....

Quote:
Been a crazy work week for me. Tomorrow I have to take a state certification test. Wish me luck!!! I have to get up with the chickens to drive 2 hrs to take this too. Test starts at 8:30 a.m.

I will update my blog sometime this weekend.

Kathi, would love to do your challenge but I have had so much studying to do I can't come up for air until after tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Dell, Stop and take a deep breath... you will go to sleep on time tonight and wake up before the alarm ready to focus on last minute studying during your 2 hour drive to the test... All will work out as it should... do your best and give it your all!

As for the challenge I invited you to join this week... it goes through Tuesday and winners are posted Friday I think and the next challenge is on by then. So if you find yourself with lots of energy AFTER the test ... and have a project that is a basic color grouping and has one electronic die cut cut on it... link away! This goes for everyone in the group if you haven't seen the blog yet check it out at The Paper Cabana

Have a blessed and relaxing time Dell! And I will be praying for an A for you! lol Kathi