Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #321
Insane Embellisher

OK then, I am going to start a thread for a Card-a-Day Blog Group, I hope all of you will join us!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #322
Rubber Obsessor

You all are kicking my butt! Lol. You're almost done and I haven't even hit 30 yet! Slow but steady, right?!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #323
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
"I'm well into the 80's now... and I think I will just keep going... I am going to make it a make a card every day challenge I think! I too am so grateful, I've never been so inspired and I feel like my card making has made a big leap forward. Thanks Mindy!"

I agree, this was a great challenge, thank you Mindy! I think we should start a Card-a-Day blog group, I have so enjoyed seeing all the wonderful cards from this group!
I finished #74 on Wednesday ... I really agree this challenge has Inspired me to stamp and scrap more often and I've pulled out lots of supplies that have been sitting. I've sure blogged more and participated in lots of challenges. I'm really pushing for #100 as there are goodies I want from the new catties coming out in August

Let's hope the MOJO is good for all
Old 07-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #324
Hardware Hotshot

Wow! You guys are doing great!! I'm just trying to keep up with the one-a-day and finish on time. I just scheduled the post for #38, which means I'm six cards behind.

I agree with Lela. It's been nice to pull out some of these supplies that have been sitting for awhile and use them. It's also been nice to just focus on one card at a time. Since I don't have much time to craft anymore, this is what I need to stay crafting...just one at a time, Heather!!

On the "bad" side, there are some projects I want to do but feel it's holding me up. I know that I COULD do them as part of the 100 Cards/Projects, but because they're more involved and will take additional time, they'll probably set me back if I start them now. That being said, I'm looking forward to focusing on them in September...most of them are Christmas ideas, so I can get going on them early.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #325
Mad Swapper

It's Saturday, people! I've got lots of "stuff" planned for today (anyone seen Brave yet? It's on the list) but am hoping to have some time to make cards tomorrow. I've counted up everything I've done since the start of the challenge, including the duplicates, and I'm at 35. Which isn't in the 50's (Nat) or the 80's (Bexx) or even near the finish line (Francesca) but I'm pleased with it since i I have a tendency to start things off with great enthusiasm and never finish them. Not this time!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #326
Insane Embellisher

Slow and steady wins the race as we say in Lancashire!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #327
Insane Embellisher

You all are doing great! I had some help getting ahead, I started Memorial Day weekend when I had lots of free time and I participated in the VSN, which helped a lot. Also, I don't work outside the home and my kids are grown, I am amazed at what Bexx accomplishes with two little ones! I also get a far amount done in the middle of the night when insomnia strikes. With all the changes in my life in the past year, stamping has kept me sane! I tell my husband it is cheaper than therapy, lol!

And just in case you missed it, I started the http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19554278. Everyone is welcome, I hope you will join us!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #328
Gallery Gazer

Great job everyone! I didn't make many cards last week, but I was SO lucky and won the entire Flourishes release with one of them I posted! I am excited!! New stamps to play with!! I hope to get to play a little today and tomorrow, before things get crazy busy again. I'm behind a little, and I love the Card a Day idea, but I'm not sure I can commit to it right now. I'll definitely think about it if things ever settle down again here!! For now I'll just work on completing the challenge. I'd love to finish 2 cards and be on #41 by tomorrow!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #329
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WooHoo!

Way to go Tricia, what a FUN prize to win! You definitely have lots of inspiration now so I hope it slows down for you ...

When I started the 100 in 100 challenge, I decided that I wanted to also get rid of 100 items in my Scrap/Stamp Office that I wasn't using and the (woodmount SU!) stamps I was keeping to get them unmounted. I'm so happy that I've made a big donation, listed stuff on BST and unmounted over 30 sets. I more afternoon of working on these and I should be all set! Nice big spot on my shelves now open space
Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #330
Insane Embellisher

Wow Tricia, that is so awesome! Enjoy your new toys!

I have just posted my 100th card to my gallery! I am so excited to have finished, I have had so much fun. But don't think you've gotten rid of me, lol! I will still be checking in and checking out all your fabulous creations!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #331
Insane Embellisher

Well done Tricia and Francesca! How exciting to have all those new toys for FREE. How's your mum doing Tricia?

Francesca.... I think when I was 13 cards behind I knew I was beat! Still lolling about in the 80's, will possibly break 90 tonight if boys allow!

The way I get it done is I don't watch any TV in the evenings, and when I'm looking after the boys during the day I'm mulling ideas over in my head so I can blast it out when I get chance at night. The only problem comes when I'm too bone weary at night to do anything and just sit and stare at my stuff wishing I could find the impetus to reach to that shelf and grab that paper.

I have an awesome NEON idea swilling around right now so after I get the boys to bed, away I go! Wahoo!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #332
Rubber Obsessor

I'm getting there slowly but surely. I just uploaded 20, 21 & 22 to my gallery. This brings me to a question. What do you all do with the cards you make? Right now I have a box full of different occasion cards that I can pull from when I need them but I know that sooner or later I'm going to run out of space to store them all. Just curious.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by ScrappingMum; 07-15-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #333
Insane Embellisher

Sharon, I plan to go through my card stash this week and send cards to Ronald McDonald House, Operation Write Home and Hospice.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #334
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I like that idea. I'm Canadian ... we have Ronald McDonald Houses here. Not sure what Operation Write Home is though.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #335
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Way to go Tricia, what a FUN prize to win! You definitely have lots of inspiration now so I hope it slows down for you ...

When I started the 100 in 100 challenge, I decided that I wanted to also get rid of 100 items in my Scrap/Stamp Office that I wasn't using and the (woodmount SU!) stamps I was keeping to get them unmounted. I'm so happy that I've made a big donation, listed stuff on BST and unmounted over 30 sets. I more afternoon of working on these and I should be all set! Nice big spot on my shelves now open space
You must feel SO good with all that free space!! It will be very enjoyable to stamp now, won't it!

I'm not sure when life will slow down. I have a website to upgrade for my business, my Mom to take care of after her stroke, and regular wife and mom stuff. One day at a time!!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #336
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Wow Tricia, that is so awesome! Enjoy your new toys!

I have just posted my 100th card to my gallery! I am so excited to have finished, I have had so much fun. But don't think you've gotten rid of me, lol! I will still be checking in and checking out all your fabulous creations!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! Good for you!!!!!!! I finished two more today which brought me up to 40. I think that puts me about 5 behind, but that is catch up-able!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #337
Insane Embellisher

I am almost 1/3 of the way done. I have updated my blog too.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #338
Insane Embellisher

How do you donate to RMCH Francesca? I have done OWH before but felt a bit conflicted as I'm not American! Ridiculous but that's me all over. Plus my good friend's son was in NICU immediately after birth and she stayed at a RMCH.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #339
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Me Too

Quote:
Sharon, I plan to go through my card stash this week and send cards to Ronald McDonald House, Operation Write Home and Hospice.
I send cards out weekly for SLT (Send Love Today) for brain cancer patients & I have a box that's been growing that will go to Op Write Home. I've been going through all of my boxes looking for Swap Cards or Card Fronts that I can donate. I'm almost up to *100
Old 07-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #340
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
How do you donate to RMCH Francesca? I have done OWH before but felt a bit conflicted as I'm not American! Ridiculous but that's me all over. Plus my good friend's son was in NICU immediately after birth and she stayed at a RMCH.
Here is the Thread for RMCH ... oh looks Like Emily has the info in her signature too!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #341
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yay!

Quote:
WooHoo! Way to go! I'm at #80 w/ Scrap Page that just needs a title laying here on my desk and that leaves me 18... For some reason I got MAJOR MOJO for organizing today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
You must feel SO good with all that free space!! It will be very enjoyable to stamp now, won't it!
I look around my scrap/stamp office and do feel much better. Those projects had been plaguing me & since I'm getting close to the 100 Finish Line I wanted to make sure I completed some of the other goals I had set
Old 07-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #342
Insane Embellisher

I always feel so much better when my space is clean, but I have to say that I am more creative when my stuff is all spread out, lol!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #343
Pearl-ExPert

I took the weekend off, but I am back at it again - 60 done, 40 to go
Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #344
Compulsive Stamper

Wasn't feeling well for a week and a half so got behind on cards. I just posted #39-#42 so I have some catching up to do. Just seem to be staring at the card stuff and not getting much accomplished.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #345
Compulsive Stamper

Anyone going to CKC - Lancaster, PA?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #346
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
WooHoo! Way to go! I'm at #80 w/ Scrap Page that just needs a title laying here on my desk and that leaves me 18...
Oh my .... I think I "jinxed" my MOJO. Ever since I've posted this I've been stuck w/ little umph for creating ... HOPING if I come here and post again that I'm stuck I'll get crafty again
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #347
Pearl-ExPert

running out of steam...burning out...feeling more like a chore than fun anymore
Old 07-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #348
Compulsive Stamper

On no, Mindykid. You can't poop out on us. You were our inspiration for this challenge. Take a look at the picture galleries and see what you have inspired us all to do. Hang in there kid. We won't give up on you!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #349
Insane Embellisher

How about we do a challenge to wake ourselves up? I've stalled at 97!

How about a card inspired by the number 100?

You could put 100 embellishments on it (well, you COULD!), do a 100th birthday card, use a sentiment that has something to do with a hundred, a sketch of one tall, thin rectangle with two circles (to represent the 1, 0, 0)....

Post your entries here!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #350
Crimping Master

I finally got around to posting 45 - 48, I'm behind by 6 I think. Just finishing up on my batch (25 cards) to send to our church care facilty/homebound that will put me back on track.

Mindy, just think of that new catty that came out...don't give up now. This has been a great first challenge for me.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #351
Matboard Maniac

Well, I'm not giving up, even though I'm 26 cards behind! So y'all can't give up either! Is Francesca the 1st to finish her 100 cards? Bexx, you're next? Then, Lela?

Mindy, I think now that you've faced the difficult realization that you (actually all of us!) don't really NEED all the cute NEW things (because of course we haven't used ALL the PREVIOUS cute NEW things), you'll be able to enjoy the pretty things you already have and be able to make decisions about what you still like or want to get rid of (which I would count as a project too!). Marketers are great at their jobs, aren't they?! LOL They make us want "NEW! NEW! NEW!" when we probably have something similar in our stash that we can use instead and still get that fabulous look. And later on, if we still really, really, want the cutest thing, most likely it'll be available somewhere, and even better, hopefully, on sale! To counteract your burnt-out feeling, maybe you could take a short break from cardmaking and when you're home for awhile, you could host a fun game here or offer blog candy for a scavenger hunt (definitely worth a 3 at least on the 100 goal mark!)?

I'm sorry I haven't had time to comment much or check out everyone's blog. I will when I have more time. I am encouraged by your stats, so I hope everyone will check in to post how much they've done so far!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #352
Matboard Maniac

Finish Line:
Francesca - 100

In the weeds (LOL):
Tisha - 26

Where are you at?
You - #?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #353
Pearl-ExPert

76 done...pushing to the finish...
Old 07-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #354
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
How about we do a challenge to wake ourselves up? I've stalled at 97!

How about a card inspired by the number 100?

You could put 100 embellishments on it (well, you COULD!), do a 100th birthday card, use a sentiment that has something to do with a hundred, a sketch of one tall, thin rectangle with two circles (to represent the 1, 0, 0)....

Post your entries here!
This is a GREAT idea!!! I have to plan what my card 100 will be. Only 24 more to get there!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #355
Compulsive Stamper

Just posted cards 45-47! Inching closer. Still 6 behind.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #356
Insane Embellisher

Finish Line:
Francesca - 100

In the weeds (LOL):
Tisha - 26

Stumbled at the finish line.
Bexx - 99!!!

Going to make a card with something 100-y for my last one.

In GREAT news, I got 750 (!!!) hits on my blog today! Two of my projects for the Stretch Your Stamps class were highlighted by Kristina Werner / Jennifer McGuire in today's Bonus Day so my hits went through the roof. I was so flattered to be chosen.

More GREAT news, I got home today to a surprise package - one of the SU! demonstrators on here (NavyWyf) sent me the "Reason to Smile" stamp set absolutely free. She even paid for it to go Priority. How fab is that? She's asked me to pay the favour forward so I will be looking out for good deeds to do!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #357
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
In GREAT news, I got 750 (!!!) hits on my blog today! Two of my projects for the Stretch Your Stamps class were highlighted by Kristina Werner / Jennifer McGuire in today's Bonus Day so my hits went through the roof. I was so flattered to be chosen.

More GREAT news, I got home today to a surprise package - one of the SU! demonstrators on here (NavyWyf) sent me the "Reason to Smile" stamp set absolutely free. She even paid for it to go Priority. How fab is that? She's asked me to pay the favour forward so I will be looking out for good deeds to do!
Wow, Bexx, that's awesome!! Count me as one of your admirers too! You really captured the inspiration challenges on your cards!

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #358
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Tisha! You're very kind. I definitely feel that I have made a great leap forward in cardmaking during this challenge. One of the MANY brill things about having done it...
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #359
Insane Embellisher

Congrats Bexx, that is awesome! I think I would pass out if I ever had 750 hits, I haven't even hit 200! And you know I just love your work, you have great style!

Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to share - I have completed my 100 cards - no purchases, but I did win a couple of digis and did use a bit of new cs sent through WishRAK - full disclosure here! And no noticeable dent in the supplies I brought with me this summer. I started June 4 so I think that is 50 days. (Some cards are in my albums and galleries here, and most can be found at my blog.)
I have to add a slight toot of the horn - I sell cards at a little weekly craft show in our RV park - mostly people who stay in the park come to shop. I had about 100 cards in my inventory to start with - I am down to 30, with the addition of the 100 I made. So it has been a good summer.
Then the down side of our summer - I still have pretty poor internet connections - can't go to McDonalds every day!! So I have almost no chance to check out the galleries - I hope to get there some day. Same goes for reading all the posts...
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/