Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #241
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
I just posted card 23 on my blog! I'm really enjoying the challenge, but I'm going to have to start thinking out of my comfort zone with colors. I'm almost out of the ones I use the most!!
Beautiful cards! I love all the bright colors popping off the white bases! After we finish our challenge, you'll have to remember to buy only those colors you use the most, or at least, to only buy those colors in bulk and other less-liked colors on an as-needed basis. That way, you won't have a bunch of old cardstock or papers that you keep passing over for your faves. Don't forget there are ways of disguising yucky patterns or colors!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #242
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
I just posted card 23 on my blog! I'm really enjoying the challenge, but I'm going to have to start thinking out of my comfort zone with colors. I'm almost out of the ones I use the most!!
When we begin to run out of our favorite items I think that's where the challenge is going to get harder for me....yikes!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #243
Pearl-ExPert

I just did a bunch of halloween and used up nearly all my black....time to get creative!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #244
Crimping Master

Finished project 25 of my 100 on day 26 - didn't take a picture of of the "sofa gift card holder" (project 24) I made for my father for Father's Day. It did turn out cute - I'm the favorite daughter again. Now on to making a bday card for my sister and if I finish it today, I'll be caught back up again. Like Patty said, it's no fun being behind.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #245
Rubber Obsessor

Man, I have been MIA. My job just got really busy, so I haven't had a chance to post. I Just made the blog rounds and there are some really neat projects being made. I need to catch up so badly. Off to check out the gallery!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #246
Pearl-ExPert

26 cards in the bag...so far so good.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #247
Rubber Obsessor

Haven't stamped in a few days. It's just been too hot to be in my craft room lately
Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #248
Insane Embellisher

Come on people! We can do this!

Just surfed all your blogs and I *think* I commented on everyone - we all have such different styles but I am getting so inspired by ALL the creations. In fact, I made rather a momentous decision. Well, I am still in two minds, but I *think* I am going to drop my SU! demonstratorship. I just see so much fab stuff out there that I want to play with... and I have been buying a few bits (please don't shout!) from other places and it's just so fun to experiment.

Things I have discovered I LOVE:

*Washi Tape (have had to hide my meagre three rolls or I'll run out of mustard, Bashful Blue and Night of Navy CS
*Echo Park DSP (already had a weakness for this)
*Longer & bigger sentiments than SU! offers
*Colouring in! (Bought some Rileys on BST, not done "cute" before but willing to give it a whirl. Not sure I'll ever jump on the big headed kids trend though)
*Crisp, clean outline images
*Stamps with mixes of fonts
*Glitter glue in lots of colours
*Hero Arts (oh my word!)
*The Amuse set with the Union Jack (going to have to buy that I think. Genius to split the colours.)

There's more too... but don't want to enable all you good little troopers.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #249
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Woot! Woot!

I can't believe it's 06/22 already ... wow! I'm VERY much looking forward to my journey of 100/100 which starts tomorrow DS Grad Party tomorrow and then "semi-normal" life returns

So anyone want to share what seems to be working best --- multiples of same card/item or creating single cards daily?
Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #250
Insane Embellisher

Boy has it been hot here..I have gotten my cards done, I just haven't posted them to my blog..I'm such a slacker..lol. I am on Day 5 and have completed 6 cards. I am going to try and get them posted sometime this weekend. That is if I don't faint from heat stroke..
Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #251
Insane Embellisher

I posted 57/100 today. I didn't get much done this week, three cards and two 12x12 layout kits. I got some goodies in the mail today, Memory Box dies purchased with the last of my birthday gift cards, so I am hoping to get some time to play this weekend! I try to visit the gallery every couple of days, you guys are doing some great stuff!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #252
Mad Swapper

Checking in! I'm very behind, but it's supposed to rain all day here in soggy FL so I'm hoping to get some crafting time in. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my little home on the interweb and left kind comments
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #253
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
So anyone want to share what seems to be working best --- multiples of same card/item or creating single cards daily?
I have done a few sets of tags. For me, 6 tags = 1 card
And, I have done multiples of some of my favorite cards and I count each one I create towards my total.

36 cards so far...and I have set up my blog ahead of time to post 1-ish a day. During this 100 day period, I didn't realize how much I would be on the road so I make cards in waves - about 6-7 each weekend. It looks like I might finish my 100 cards ahead of the 100 days which will be good since the new A|MUSE Studio Holiday Hoopla catalog will be out Aug 1 and I don't want to be on my "don't buy anything new" diet when that happens!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #254
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
And, I have done multiples of some of my favorite cards and I count each one I create towards my total.

36 cards so far...and I have set up my blog ahead of time to post 1-ish a day. During this 100 day period, I didn't realize how much I would be on the road so I make cards in waves - about 6-7 each weekend. It looks like I might finish my 100 cards ahead of the 100 days which will be good since the new A|MUSE Studio Holiday Hoopla catalog will be out Aug 1 and I don't want to be on my "don't buy anything new" diet when that happens!!!
Oh, I'm absolutely giving myself a waiver if I'm not done in August! I already know there is no way I'm going to be able to resist the Holiday Hoopla - and I haven't even seen the previews yet.....
Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #255
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post

Thanks Mindy! I think I'm going to have to do multiple cards of the same design. It works well using up some supplies. I too am already traveling for work so keeping up will be fun this way

I'm SO excited to get started, I posted my first card. I made 6
Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #256
Insane Embellisher

I just posted my 60th card! And I made a multiple, something I don't usually do. I made a card for the Inspiration Challenge and over stamped to match my inspiration poster, but I didn't really like th look of it. I had an extra die cut on my desk, so I made the card again how I would normally have done it. And you know what I learned, they are both cute, each has it's own charm. I have to work on this OCD stuff!

Today I am going to try to make cards with the outtakes from the lighthouse card I made on Friday. I have 5 images to work with, did I mention my OCD, lol! Hope everyone has a great week!

Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #257
Crimping Master

Oh Mindy, multiplies count 1 to 1 THANKS!! I was gettiing behind, it's day 32 for me and have 28 projects done - so my homebound/care facility card will help if I get further behind.

Though I did buy 3 new nesties with a gift card when Joann's had them 50% & free shipping.... Good luck ladies.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #258
Rubber Obsessor

Default Up to 55 of my 100

It has been a while. I've been hard at work on a 12x12 digital album for my son's band trip. I completed 28 pages and ordered the album on Sunday. That counts as my 23-50 of my 100. I can't post those pages. I've also made a cute Wallet Album for Father's Day for project 51. I finished up with a set of 4 cards made from 4 sheets of 6x6 DPP for 51-55. Yeah, I'm past the half way point! To see my projects check out my 100in100 album.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #259
Rubber Obsessor

Finally got around to uploading some more cards to the gallery. I am only at 16/100 ... I need to get busy!

Have a nice evening.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #260
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my so many of you have made great strides! I haven't even really started. I mean, I have made two cards but, no where near where you ladies are. Good job everyone!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #261
Compulsive Stamper

I want to thank everyone who has left me comments on my cards. Being a newbie I was very anxious about posting my card creations along side the beautiful cards I so admire on this site. You have given me confidence to keep on creating and hopefully improving my cardmaking. Thanks again so much. This challenge is so much fun. I am using dies, embossing folders, embellishments and stamps I haven't used before.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #262
Crimping Master

I'm glad I did this challenge, I'm using up paper and trying some different things. I did hit the Joann's clearance mentioned on another thread; did buy paper, shame on me - but got 5 cuttlebug efs also. Then hit the TJ Maxx - also mentioned on another thread - gotta stay out of the forums!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #263
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftykarla View Post
I'm glad I did this challenge, I'm using up paper and trying some different things. I did hit the Joann's clearance mentioned on another thread; did buy paper, shame on me - but got 5 cuttlebug efs also. Then hit the TJ Maxx - also mentioned on another thread - gotta stay out of the forums!
Well, I tried to hit Joann's but they just remodelled ours so I think they clearanced all the nesties early. Hit Marshalls - 7 packs of MME paper! Also signed up for the "Stretch your Stamps" card class which is on another thread, and bought (ahem) a few bits for that....

To be honest, I am so fired up and enthusiastic from this challenge that I am pleased I've freshened up my stash. Today I went through all my randomly arranged clear stamps and totally resorted them, they are all stored neatly now. I did a big bin-bag full of who knows what the other day too, none of it was of any interest to anyone or I would have posted it here!

And I've decided I will let my SU! demoship lapse if I don't meet the minimums. I am still going to use most of their CS, ink and a few other faves but I'm not sure that's $300 a quarter. We'll see. I am feeling fired up and very creative, plus I sold my 7th card on Etsy today, and I have a whole load more to list once I can enlist my DH as photographer for a while!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #264
Insane Embellisher

I just updated my blog with days 4, 5 & 6. I am still a little behind. I have been having a busy weeks and not feeling so well. Hop on over and check out my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

I have been checking out ya'lls blogs too and I have to say..WOWZA!!! You guys are great.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #265
Pearl-ExPert

I'm on vacation but I did my 48th card before I left. I will get back on it next week. In the meantime my blog has several posts stacked up with auto posting everyday that I am gone.

See you soon!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #266
Kookie Creator

Default question please

I don't have quite as many cards/projects done as the rest of you, but I am not going to buy anything new until I make my 100th project

Here is an important question that I need my fellow s'coasters to answer for me. I finally decided that I need a color swatch of all my cardstock. So I used up a ton of scraps and made a set for my mom and myself. I used the small tag punch and will ring bind those together, then I used the 1 inch circle punch (since I don't have a square punch, I couldn't believe it!) to make a book of all my colors. Then I also used the word window punch to make a sample that I can put in the label holder.

So now, the question is, would you consider this 1 project or 2? I also did some re-arranging so that all my colors are in roygbiv order instead of alphabetical. That way when I am flipping through trying to pick out the perfect blue color, they will all be together, instead of me having to remember all the names and go in-between drawers.

Thanks for the help!
Stacey
Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #267
Insane Embellisher

Stacey - How many cards could you have made in that time? What "sits right" as a number of projects? Having made swatch books before, I know it can be surprisingly time consuming! This is your own challenge so do what works for you!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #268
Rubber Obsessor

Stacey, that sounds like a very big task you've completed. I'd definitely say it's 2 projects if not more. Like Lancaster Lurker suggests, try to gauge how many cards you could have made in the time that it took you to complete the task and go with that #.

I would love it if you could post a picture of the swatch book. I've never heard of this before.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #269
Pearl-ExPert

That's at least worth 2 cards - or more!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #270
Insane Embellisher

I agree, that is a huge job, I say it is worth at least three! I did a color swatch swap one time and it was a massive undertaking, never again, lol! I just posted 70/100, I am so excited, finally making some progress with the piles on my desk. I have about a dozen images ready to be made into cards, I hope to finish a few more this weekend. I will be checking out the gallery and blogs later. I hope everyone is using the 100in100 keyword, I would hate to miss someone! Have a fun and productive weekend ladies. And Bexx, I do hope you are feeling better!

Old 06-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #271
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
I agree, that is a huge job, I say it is worth at least three! I did a color swatch swap one time and it was a massive undertaking, never again, lol! I just posted 70/100, I am so excited, finally making some progress with the piles on my desk. I have about a dozen images ready to be made into cards, I hope to finish a few more this weekend. I will be checking out the gallery and blogs later. I hope everyone is using the 100in100 keyword, I would hate to miss someone! Have a fun and productive weekend ladies. And Bexx, I do hope you are feeling better!
Dummy me...I didn't even think about putting the 100in100 keyword in. So now I am going to have to go back, look at my blog, and then input the keywords. Thanks for this tip! My blog will update at 7p EST tonight with my two newest cards. Check it out...and ladies, I desperately need some new followers. I only have 6. How can I get some more??
Old 06-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #272
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink I'm In

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmama72inpa View Post
Dummy me...I didn't even think about putting the 100in100 keyword in. So now I am going to have to go back, look at my blog, and then input the keywords. Thanks for this tip! My blog will update at 7p EST tonight with my two newest cards. Check it out...and ladies, I desperately need some new followers. I only have 6. How can I get some more??
I'm a follower now Em,

I've found that the more you do challenges, the more folks will visit your blog and will follow I think?

I uploaded to the 100in100 gallery -- I missed about the key word too, but my first card is in now
Old 06-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #273
Rubber Obsessor

>>I uploaded to the 100in100 gallery<<

Lela, where is the 100in100 gallery? I've looked but can't find one.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #274
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappingMum View Post
>>I uploaded to the 100in100 gallery<<

Lela, where is the 100in100 gallery? I've looked but can't find one.
I can see your card there. I typed 100in100 in the gallery search and this is the gallery -- 100in100 here
Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #275
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I see. What you've shared is the results of a keyword search. In order for a card to show up there it must have 100in100 typed into the keyword box. I thought there was an actual gallery for us to upload to.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #276
Kookie Creator

Thanks for your answers to my question!! It did take a a few hours to punch and mark all the cardstock and it seems like it should be worth a few extra points. I will count it as 3. That seems fair and I did use up a lot of scraps. However, it does take me a long time to make a card from "scratch-not casing anyone" so I don't think I really could have made more than 3 original cards in that time either.

Also, thanks for the answer to the 100in100 gallery, I too thought it was a seperate gallery and was going to ask about it sometime.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

First of all, thanks to those of you who are doing a great job of checking out the 100in100 gallery and making comments.
I think I will have internet woes all summer as we are almost out of the cell phone service area, and we use Verizon for our RV. The computer works fine in town but not at our RV park. I may have to resort to adding cards while in town. But if I added correctly (between my SCS gallery and my blog) I have 64 cards in 29 days - but I have been forgetting to include 100in100 on many of them.
When it is easier to get on line I will take a good look at that gallery!
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #278
Insane Embellisher

I have just posted my 80th card to my gallery, only 20 more to go, woo hoo! And I better get them done quick because I have a boatload of goodies heading my way from the new Holiday Catalog! I hope you all have a fabulous 4th of July!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
I have just posted my 80th card to my gallery, only 20 more to go, woo hoo! And I better get them done quick because I have a boatload of goodies heading my way from the new Holiday Catalog! I hope you all have a fabulous 4th of July!
Way to go! This challenge has proven harder than I thought it was going to be, but I'm a trooper and I'm not giving in....LOL I'm 1/4 of the way there!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #280

Does anyone have an updated list of those of us who are participating? I wanted to make sure that I have everyone's name and blog link posted on my blog. Thanks!