Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #201
Glitter Guru

Patty, got you added to my blog list! I'm at 37/100, but cheated a bit on my spending. I had a Michael's gift card from my birthday and I don't get down there too often. I was down that way yesterday, so I stopped in and picked up a couple of punches and Nesties. But I did not go over my gift card amount, so I didn't ~really~ spend any money, lol! Keep up the good work, I am enjoying all your lovely creations!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #202
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
Patty, got you added to my blog list! I'm at 37/100, but cheated a bit on my spending. I had a Michael's gift card from my birthday and I don't get down there too often. I was down that way yesterday, so I stopped in and picked up a couple of punches and Nesties. But I did not go over my gift card amount, so I didn't ~really~ spend any money, lol! Keep up the good work, I am enjoying all your lovely creations!
Awe...Thanks! I try to set aside time everyday to make a card and update my blog, but it's so hard with 3 kids plus school is out now so it's ever harder. I want to try and keep up with the challenge so I'm not going to let myself get too far behind.

If you just spent your gift card then I think your okay I had to place a SU order for the ribbon for my ribbon share so that doesn't count for me either, right?! Seriously though, I just got a look at the new holiday catalog and it's going to take some will power! I love the new embossing folders and framelit dies!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #203
Glitter Guru

I know, love the Holiday catalog! I am going to have to get the next 63 cards done FAST! I love the new EF and the new coordinating dies, I am in big trouble!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #204
Die Cut Diva

Morning ladies, I'm happy to announce...day 2 and a second card done before midnight! ...Gonna work on todays a little earlier, maybe!
Part of my adaption of the challenge for myself is to try to stamp daily, I did a LOAD with Lain Ehman and with that you scrap a page a day...and there is something in the routine of doing. I have a couple swaps coming up so I'll be making then for sure but that's a different process, too, isn't it?
enjoy your day!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #205
Compulsive Stamper

I am really enjoying this challenge! I have found stash that I forgot I had. Don't have a blog but check in on others when I have time. I hope to put a dent in my supplies by the time I have finished 100 cards but I swear it keeps multiplying!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #206
Stampin' Fool

I've got a bit behind on the blogging but have realised this isn't going to make any sort of dent in my tonnes of retired DSP. I will post a list of what I have on here and if you want it, it's yours! (Cut to fit into a reasonable envelope).

There - new stuff without buying anything! Good eh?

Also - I am thinking about subtracting my 10 OSW cards off my total so far because I really don't like them and I feel I cheated! I will send them to OWH...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #207
Pearl-ExPert

I keep making cards, but this stash isn't shrinking!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #208
Rubber Obsessor

I just posted #8 and #9 on my blog and they are awaiting approval in the SCS Gallery. I can NOT, no matter how hard I try, get #7 to upload to SCS so I'm just going to give up on trying to post it here.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #209
Rubber Obsessor

Amanda, did you try resizing it? I know there is a size cap on the width/height that can be uploaded. Just a thought.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #210
Rubber Obsessor

I just posted #3 and #4 in my gallery. Hoping to get lots of "me" time this weekend so I can get a bunch done.

Enjoy the journey!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappingMum View Post
Amanda, did you try resizing it? I know there is a size cap on the width/height that can be uploaded. Just a thought.
Your probably right....Amanda try resizing your photo and that should do the trick.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #212
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
I keep making cards, but this stash isn't shrinking!!!
Haha, I could probably make 1,000 cards and it would barely make a dent in my stash!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #213
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
I've got a bit behind on the blogging but have realised this isn't going to make any sort of dent in my tonnes of retired DSP. I will post a list of what I have on here and if you want it, it's yours! (Cut to fit into a reasonable envelope).

There - new stuff without buying anything! Good eh?

Also - I am thinking about subtracting my 10 OSW cards off my total so far because I really don't like them and I feel I cheated! I will send them to OWH...
I think you should count them as 10 cards because they all look like different card designs. I usually make 2 or 4 cards at a time, exactly the same way. Like I made those 28 postcards, but I'm only counting them as 1 card towards my total. I understand what you're saying, but to me, subtracting all of them would be discouraging because I'd feel so far behind in my personal challenge.

As far as making a dent in your patterned papers, why not challenge yourself to make 10 cards using at least 3 layers of DSP on each? While looking at your blog, it seemed to me that most of your wonderful cards featured just stamping and cardstock. Or you might try making some DSP-heavy items, like mini-albums, zig-zag cards, or floral/rosette embellishments. Or make your own envelopes and stamp or punch mailing labels from the lightest-solid-looking papers or even on the white backsides of patterned papers. Although I must admit, I like your PIF idea too! Other places that accept papers are daycare centers, schools, and senior centers.

Last edited by tishahendricks; 06-14-2012 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention envelopes/labels! ok, now I can go back to sleep!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #214
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Morning ladies, I'm happy to announce...day 2 and a second card done before midnight! ...Gonna work on todays a little earlier, maybe!
Part of my adaption of the challenge for myself is to try to stamp daily, I did a LOAD with Lain Ehman and with that you scrap a page a day...and there is something in the routine of doing. I have a couple swaps coming up so I'll be making then for sure but that's a different process, too, isn't it?
enjoy your day!
Hooray!! I've gotta try to finish before midnight too. :/ It isn't good to be sleepy when doing data entry. Just sayin'. I did LOAD a few years ago. It was a lot of fun and a lot of stress at the same time. One day I might challenge myself to try that again. Since I haven't scrapbooked for awhile, I do have lots of photos now. One challenge at a time though.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay Mindy! Youve got so much excitement going on in here and I just feel like I have to be part of it. Only problem is, I can't start my 100 days until June 18th. Would that still be acceptable?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #216
Insane Embellisher

Is it too late to join in the challenge. I need this challenge to help me refrain from spending. LOL.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #217
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappingMum View Post
Hmm. I didn't think it was any bigger than the others but now that I look back I think I took this particular picture with my iPhone, and those pics end up huge. Will try again tonight, thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #218
Crimping Master

Well, I'm currently working on #20 and this is my 21st day... had to get more adhesive do pencils (prismas) count...40% off and with a gift card no money came out of my wallet.....hee hee. Project 19 was 30 cards for our homebound/facility members. No blog so hopefully will get them uploaded later.

I'm enjoying the challenge, thanks Mindy.
Karla
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #219
Mad Swapper

Wow, people in double digits, people in the 30's!!! I am falling behind, people - but it's much too early in the game to call it over. Maybe I'll have a sudden burst of energy this weekend.....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #220
Insane Embellisher

Today is the first day of my 100 days so I am a little behind everyone else. I did get 4 cards made today. Well actually I did 24, but they are in groups of 4 so I am only counting them as 4. I am going to like this I think.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #221
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Tisha for the ideas and allowing me my 10 OSW cards... I've decided to aim for 110 instead! Funny thing is, I cut paper for a Christmas OSW but haven't the heart to start it. So that's on the back burner.

I have decided to start a new personal challenge today - cards inspired by clothing/fabric. I have spotted a few fab prints in my closet so I will post a pic, then try to make a card inspired by it. We shall see how it goes! Feel free to join me if you have any prints you love in your closet!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #222
Glitter Guru

Bexx, that is a great idea, I will play along! I love inspiration challenges, can't wait to see your inspiration fabrics. I have a couple I will post also!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #223

I love this challenge! I'm not sure if any else has noticed, but I've been trying to update my blog everyday and I'm getting a lot more blog traffic by updating daily.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #224
Glitter Guru

I just posted 40/100 and both of my cards used patterned papers, my personal challenge. I also took some photos for Bexx's fabric inspiration challenge, will work on getting them on my blog next. Have fun ladies!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #225
Stampin' Fool

Wow it'll be great to see all these fabric inspirations. I've really struggled this week with finding the time/energy to create. Leo (11 weeks) is such a cuddly baby, I am barely getting the essential chores done. I've managed to make 5 cards (3 were at a stamp camp!) but I know I need to kick it up a notch. My husband has been working really hard this week (he's a flight test engineer and Midsummer is peak time because they can fly late into the evening and the weather is good) so I am running about after Jacob and Leo on my own until about 7-7.30 at night. I am not moaning at all but I am explaining my poor blog posting rate!

I'm going to try to set the next 5 posts off on a schedule so that at least my blog will be updated every so often! No idea how to do that (not a pro blogger by any means) but I can but try.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #226
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies. I just posted the four cards I made on my blog. I would love to have you come check it and if you like them, leave me a comment and let me know. I also am in desperate need of some more followers of my blog. I only have 3 including myself, so if you would, please help me out and follow my blog. Thanks for looking.

Em's blog
Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #227
Glitter Guru

I just posted my card for Bexx's Fabric Inspiration, in my gallery and on my blog. Anybody else doing VSN?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #228
Rubber Obsessor

Wink

Hey y'all, I just posted cards 5 through 9 in my gallery. Going to put them on my blog shortly .. but I'm going to schedule 1 per day starting tomorrow.

Card # 6, 7 & 8 (father's day series) all have sentiments created by me. There are available as freebies on my blog if you are interested. Anyhow, go take a looksee if you'd like
Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #229

Emily- I'm following you now I tried to make a list of everyone here on my blog and follow everyone.

If I'm missing anyone on my list please let me know.

With Father's Day being today I'm falling behind on my goal. I'm planning to set aside some time this evening to get caught up.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #230
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Wow

My countdown to start is on for 06/23 and I'm looking forward to it. I just have to get through one more week of "graduation" stuff ... topped off with Grad Party next Saturday!

I've enjoyed checking out all the blog inspiration! I hope soon to have time to comment but these past few weeks I've barely had time to do anything extra crafty ... hopefully soon!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #231
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
Wow it'll be great to see all these fabric inspirations. I've really struggled this week with finding the time/energy to create. Leo (11 weeks) is such a cuddly baby, I am barely getting the essential chores done. I've managed to make 5 cards (3 were at a stamp camp!) but I know I need to kick it up a notch. My husband has been working really hard this week (he's a flight test engineer and Midsummer is peak time because they can fly late into the evening and the weather is good) so I am running about after Jacob and Leo on my own until about 7-7.30 at night. I am not moaning at all but I am explaining my poor blog posting rate!
I'm going to try to set the next 5 posts off on a schedule so that at least my blog will be updated every so often! No idea how to do that (not a pro blogger by any means) but I can but try.
Hey Bexx, I tried to comment on your blog, but I don't have any of those type accounts, so I'm commenting here about your "so sweet" fabric inspiration card:
Please don't change anything on this cute card, except using the embossing buddy! That's the beauty of handstitching---the slightly imperfect stitches show it wasn't made by machines, but with love (maybe I'm just kidding myself? LOL). I agree with using the embossing buddy. I can't heat emboss anything without it!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #232
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
I just posted my card for Bexx's Fabric Inspiration, in my gallery and on my blog. Anybody else doing VSN?
I didn't realize it was VSN this weekend, so I was late starting on Fri. I made cards for challenge D (transportation) and challenge E (landmarks/locations). Then, Sat. we were gone all day for our Family Day (reunion). I looked at all the challenges this morning before congregation, so in a few minutes (top of the hour) I'm going to start on the other challenges and see what I accomplish.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #233
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishahendricks View Post
Hey Bexx, I tried to comment on your blog, but I don't have any of those type accounts, so I'm commenting here about your "so sweet" fabric inspiration card:
Please don't change anything on this cute card, except using the embossing buddy! That's the beauty of handstitching---the slightly imperfect stitches show it wasn't made by machines, but with love (maybe I'm just kidding myself? LOL). I agree with using the embossing buddy. I can't heat emboss anything without it!
Thanks Tisha - you are a great encourager! I am a bit OCD about finishing things I've started and I rushed this at the end. Why, I do not know!

Just surfed the 100in100 gallery, wow people have been making some fabbo stuff! I haven't uploaded any of my pics to SCS for a while as it takes AGES but I have updated the blog. I can do that from my phone so it's speedy!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #234
Rubber Obsessor

Default 1/2 way done with my 100 cards

Using up my card stock and stash...
Hosted a baby shower, made invitations for that,
had a birthday party and made thank yous for all the above.
50 cards total.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #235
Rubber Obsessor

I've got 10-14 on my blog and they should be approved on SCS tomorrow
Old 06-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #236

I have one more card to make and I'm back on track...whew! I hate falling behind.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #237
Gallery Gazer

I just posted card 23 on my blog! I'm really enjoying the challenge, but I'm going to have to start thinking out of my comfort zone with colors. I'm almost out of the ones I use the most!!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #238
Compulsive Stamper

Having trouble with computer recognizing camera card so I can't post the newest cards yet. Hoping tomorrow it won't be so particular otherwise it's off to purchase a photo card reader.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #239
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLouStamps View Post
Using up my card stock and stash...
Hosted a baby shower, made invitations for that,
had a birthday party and made thank yous for all the above.
50 cards total.
Wow! You go, girl! I'm always needing thank-you card ideas. Did you put any of them online? I'd love to see them!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #240
Glitter Guru

Just posted 10 cards to my gallery, thanks to VSN, 52/100 done!