Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #1601
Watercolor Wizard

karla that is awesome that you made such a dent in your scraps. i wish i could say the same... the only thing i can really brag about is that my scraps are organized. lol. but for the most part, i ONLY used scraps or kits so that's a super good thing. there were a handful of bases i had to cut down from a new sheet of paper though...

i think next round i will be heavily into OSWs. haha. I found a stack of templates/samples that i had printed out and clipped together to make sets for christmas gifts and never got around to using them... i know it will force me to cut down new sheets vs using scraps but it's not like i am short of supply on either sheets or scraps. lol. i still have a ton of kits to use up though. i need to repost my goal list for the next 100... will have to go back to the original post and see how well i did last round.

have a good weekend everyone... my cousin is visiting from LA so we're getting ready to go to dinner.
2014 Goals: 4/52 layouts, 41/200 cards, 9/60 Xmas cards
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #1602
Watercolor Wizard

FYI: i went back to find my original list... we started talking about the round that started Jan 1, 2013 about halfway down on page 12. wow we sure are chatty. haha
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #1603
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies,
Still only working out of supplies on hand.
I like this... less clutter.
12 done, 88 cards to go in the 100 cards/100 days. I did 4 on Friday. I am really digging these. You could do these with circle, square or any graduated punches.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Four Flap Frame Cards: 100 cards / 100 days Four-Flap Cards Fun! by MomToLissa - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Close up of one: 100 cards / 100 days Four-Flap Cards Fun! by MomToLissa - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #1604
Crimping Master

Wow Sharon, you were busy. Really like the flap cards, very different.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #1605
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Karla!

I realized I didn't post a picture of what they look like open. Here is one with the inside down so you can see all the completed flaps. Thanks for looking

Four Flaps Card Open by MomToLissa - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #1606
Watercolor Wizard

sharon those cards are gorgeous. how did you line up the dies? i can never seem to do it right lol... i have to force myself to play with my big shot more.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #1607
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Kel!!
To be honest, I didn't use punches/dies on these. I recently received a Silhouette Cameo cutter and I programmed the cuts into the software so does it automatically. I used a 12x12 sheet for the base. The lazy girls way

I do know, however, that you could cut and score everything except the punched centers. Put the mat from SU mat pack inside, then fold the card at the score lines around it. Measure where center would be, take an awl (is that the term for it?? The sharp puncher-pencil-thing that you punch into the mat to make little holes in paper. I draw a blank but I think it is called an awl) and punch center. Then line up your punches with the center hole you made and punch. That's the easiest way I can figure to do it. Not sure if you can use a die. I have never used dies so I am not sure how they work.

Think I might try to pump out a bunch more cards today. We are going on vacation during my 100 days so I need to get ahead.

Here's a question to everyone... Do you typically do 100 DIFFERENT cards or do you make packs of similar designed cards in a sitting like I am doing? Does it matter or was there a set rule of 100 different designs?

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF. Blessings!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #1608
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mouse View Post
[/COLOR]

Can you say pale? I received my stampin success demo magazine today and was so disappointed to see that Smoky Slate is a gray that is lighter than the Basic gray already in the color family. I wanted a rich charcoaly gray.

The Basic Black being purple is an on going problem Jeanette and with the move to the new firm foam pads,,,the ink doesn' dry well on white or vanilla CS. The company says they have sorta uncovered the problem and have decreased the tolerances in the cardstock as the variations seemed to cause some of the problems and have reformulated the ink too so hopefully it will be solved soon.
UGH!!! I wanted rich/dark, not pale! What is SU thinking?!!?!? LOL!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #1609

Sharon I've loved seeing your cards! There are no real rules here... everyone sets their own guidelines. I think that's the beauty of this challenge. I chose to do unique cards - no two alike. Sometimes I made multiples of a card (as in for a swap) but I only counted 1 of them when I did. So I really made more cards than the number given, but that's the number of card designs I made. Make sense? Some people chose to count each and every card and that's okay, too.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftykarla View Post
As for using up supplies - I was surprised how much card stock scraps I used. My scrap bin is half of what it was. I hit my embellishment stash more than usual so that was good. I used up some ribbon and even opened up some paper pads I seemed to be hoarding. Inked up a few stamps that had never seen ink. Celebrated by buying 3 new embossing folders and a couple of packages of black cardstock (thanks to Jeanette and her layering); Michael's had it on sale $2 for a pk of 50 sheets.

I love the inspiration from the cards you ladies posted and as April said the pats on the back and encouragement helped keep me going.

Keep up the good work ladies, I'll be checking in to see your progress.
Oops! Sorry, Karla... didn't mean to make you spend $. But I do love layering with black CS. I bought about 5-6 packages when it was on sale for $2.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #1611
Glitter Guru

Sharon, those are new types of cards for me...I will have to play with it too.
and as Jeanette said,,,everyone makes up their own guidelines....me--I want to complete all the Card Sketches posted on splitcoast so I try to do each card with a new Sketch--though I have made some "seat of the pants" ones when the image I had didn't fit the sketch. I also have this thing about doing the sketches in order so I am ready for sketch 168 this time around......
and oh yes,,,Jeanette, I bought black card stock at Michels last week when it was on sale for $2 so I can layer like you do .......LOL!

Card Sketch Challenge 1-209 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating

Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #1612

Oops! I enabled another one. Sorry Pansy!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #1613
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

WHEW!! My weekend was SO busy (but fun!!) I was exhausted when I got home yesterday evening!! I even slept REALLY late for me this AM! Guess I was trying to "catch up" on the sleep I really lost this weekend!!
We didn't get any awards, but we had fun! That is the most important thing!! It was fun being the first chorus on the stage - we got to see all of the others instead of only seeing a couple of choruses like we usually do since we're close to the end (like 15th in line when 16 chorusues are participating).

Only frustrating thing - the entire hotel was awakened before 6:00 AM yesterday when a Fire Alarm went off. A blaring, continuous sound with the recorded announcement that we were too stay where we were as they "checked out" their alarm. It continued to blare/announce for almost 20 minutes! Talk about a frustrating wake up (and I had gone to bed about 2:00 AM after the Afterglow that was held!)!! They came back on, said the situation was investigated & all was OK. I went back to sleep for about 1 hour, then had to get up. We left there about 11:00 AM, I got home about 5:00 PM. Long drive!

OK- here is the video of our chorus this year. The beginning has someone talking for several minutes - we're after the lady announces us:
(and the solo part you hear in the 2nd song is the Bass section!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDBJgHedNA&feature=youtu.be

Today I plan to REST!! (Maybe I'll get more done with some cards.) I plan to get "back in the swing of things" tomorrow. And I'll try to get 100 cards done!!!!
We won't have chorus tomorrow night so I'll have a quieter day tomorrow!

Thanks to all of you thinking about us & wishing us well!!
(((HUGS))) to EVERYONE!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #1614
Crimping Master

Default How I wanted to finish my 100

Here is how I should have reached my 100 cards - cards for family my SIL and great niece. I am adding more layers thanks to everyone's inspiration and if you look Jeanette you might find some black CS in there.

Janet, welcome back - off to work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tish E. 04.14.13.jpg (75.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Cecelia's Cupcake 04 13.jpg (63.6 KB, 16 views)
JanetJ, Sama and KAcopan like this post.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #1615
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Karla, those cards are SO cute!!

Hmm.. giving me some ideas....
Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #1616

Oh Karla! Those cards are fabulous!!! Don't you love the way black makes everything pop! Black CS is my friend!

Hi Janet!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #1617
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

hello everyoneee....
woww so many GORGEOUS CARDS here!! lovethem all and it looks like you gals have been UBER productive!! Way to go on reaching your 100 cards in 100 days goal Jeanette, Karla and Pansy....I hope I did not forget anyone...I totally apologize if I did!!!!
I have NOT forgotten about my commitment....I just stopped counting there for a while...one of these days I'll count from where I left off...I should be very close to 100 (or maybe even reached it!!...lol)...I truly have no idea!... it should be interesting to find out....I'll be back soon ,in the next few days,and will report! Meanwhile....KUDOS to each and everyone of you!!! ♥♥♥♥
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #1618

Hi Sweet P.... and thank you! You've been creating and using your stash, too. So congratulations to you, as well!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #1619
Stazon Splitcoast

So more sorting and purging going on in my craft room. Got started on the stamps. Did CTMH and other clear stamps a couple days ago. Did wood mounted ones last night. Waivering on a few of those. Decided the ones I can't quite make myself give up, I will put a mark on them and if I haven't used them by this time next year they will go in the sale pile. This whole purging/organizing thing is really opening my eyes to several things.

1) the amount of crap I have bought becuase it was cute, etc. that I have never used.
2) how freeing it is to get rid of the clutter
3) how much you can get accomplished in 15-20 minutes if you put your mind to it
4) how much I truely love the supplies I am keeping

Hoping to get done with this before the next 100 days is complete so I can jump in, even if midstream. Collected all of my card kits in one space. Or tried to. I think I have been in too many card kit swaps. I put the kits in 8x8x8 fabric baskets. There are 3 of them. FULL. I'm committed to one now, so I will finish it out, but not signing up for any more until I use up a BUNCH of these. Pansy want some of them? I think I have enough we could botrh just use kits for the next 100 days. Finding lots of half finished stuff too that I am collecting together. Should make for quick cards to make up a bunch of them too when I finally sit down to create.

So when will the next 100 days start? Around May 1?
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #1620
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

It is helpful!!
And it also gets you to use the things you already have & not buy more & more & more things.....
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1621
Stazon Splitcoast

I know! I have already had some "so that's where that was at" moments. Being able to find the stuff I know I have and finding things I've forgotten I bought and hoping I didn't buy a duplicate.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #1622

Hi Ladies!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #1623
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jeanette!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #1624
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
So more sorting and purging going on in my craft room. Got started on the stamps. Did CTMH and other clear stamps a couple days ago. Did wood mounted ones last night. Waivering on a few of those. Decided the ones I can't quite make myself give up, I will put a mark on them and if I haven't used them by this time next year they will go in the sale pile. This whole purging/organizing thing is really opening my eyes to several things.

1) the amount of crap I have bought becuase it was cute, etc. that I have never used.
2) how freeing it is to get rid of the clutter
3) how much you can get accomplished in 15-20 minutes if you put your mind to it
4) how much I truely love the supplies I am keeping

Hoping to get done with this before the next 100 days is complete so I can jump in, even if midstream. Collected all of my card kits in one space. Or tried to. I think I have been in too many card kit swaps. I put the kits in 8x8x8 fabric baskets. There are 3 of them. FULL. I'm committed to one now, so I will finish it out, but not signing up for any more until I use up a BUNCH of these. Pansy want some of them? I think I have enough we could botrh just use kits for the next 100 days. Finding lots of half finished stuff too that I am collecting together. Should make for quick cards to make up a bunch of them too when I finally sit down to create.

So when will the next 100 days start? Around May 1?
That would be a huge NO!!! I still have about 8 of my own to use up...and then I can use my ownstamps....I know what you mean about the purging...I always feel more in control after I discard poor impulse buys and things that I bought too much of and am tired of.

-30 and sweating

Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #1625
Glitter Guru

Angie, I am starting my second 100 on May 6th....that is to take my mind off of not taking care of MR H anymore........

-30 and sweating

Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1626
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Angie, I am starting my second 100 on May 6th....that is to take my mind off of not taking care of MR H anymore........
NO WAY will you get your mind off of taking care of Mr. H!!!!
You will think of him constantly!!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #1627
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That would be a huge NO!!! I still have about 8 of my own to use up...and then I can use my ownstamps....I know what you mean about the purging...I always feel more in control after I discard poor impulse buys and things that I bought too much of and am tired of.
LOL! I didn't think you would take me up on it, but I had to offer! I'm finding that the more I purge the easier it is to let some of this stuff go.

Quote:
Well bummer that you need something to do to take your mind off not being with Mr H but it gives me time to get ready. One more week of school and I have until the 28th to get all my papers written and turned in. Having to write 5 papers in 5 weeks the prof is giving us a couple days past the end of term to turn them in. That will give me a full week to work on my room some more and maybe be ready to start.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1628
Glitter Guru

We can start together then......by the way, I am going to teach at the Iowa Photo Camp again this summer...maybe we can find a way to meet as I don't think DH is going to travel with me this year.

-30 and sweating

Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #1629
Watercolor Wizard

you guys are starting 5/6?? i'll start then too. that'll give me a few extra days to cut down some card bases.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1630
Watercolor Wizard

nevermind i take it back... our younger son didn't get into summer school so we decided to homeschool them over the summer. i'll use the time to work on the kids' school albums instead. but i'll stick around to chat if that's okay... and once i get the kids' albums done or the kids go back to school (whichever comes first) i'll jump in for another round.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #1631
Stazon Splitcoast

Let me know the dates and I'll put it on the calendar Pansy! I was disappointed we didn't get to meet up last year so hopefully we can this time.

Of course you can stick around and chat Kelly. You all let me do that this round. You could always count scrapbook pages if that is what you are working on.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1632

Oh Angie... where are you in Iowa??? I used to live an hour away from the Quad Cities. Not anymore, though.

I want to meet Pansy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pansy, I sure miss coming to your town!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #1633

Good Morning Ladies!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #1634
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Jeanette! I live in Cedar Rapids.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #1635

I know where that is, Angie! Been through there a few times in my life.

My mom was actually born/raised in Iowa - a little town named Sigourney.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #1636
Stazon Splitcoast

I delivered a wedding cake to my sister's BFF in Sigourney! My boyfriend lives in a little town called Deep River.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #1637

WOW! It sure is a small world, isn't it?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1638
Stazon Splitcoast

yes it is.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #1639
Watercolor Wizard

haha i totally should have started the next round as soon as i finished the last. after tomorrow i'll have posted 5 cards in 6 days. haha. oh well.

hope everyone is safe and warm for the weekend. i'm hoping the weather dries out and we can enjoy our plans to go to a family fair at the high school i went to tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #1640
Glitter Guru

Hi friends....while driving home yesterday, I somehow managed to break/loosen a crown from a back molar (luckily it had a root canal years ago) so I will be sitting in the dentist's chair Monday afternoon instead of party hearty for my birthday.....not that I would be anyway.....was going back Sunday for Mr. H care but his mom's grandfather passed on Thursday and the service will be Monday here....so they are coming tomorrow and I will have Mr. H and his two week older cousin during the rosary service and Mass. Then to the dentist and drive back into Wichita to be there Tuesday through Friday for Mr. H.....home again and then the last drive back.....boo hoo hoo......but I can tell you DH is more than ready for me to be home full time again.

-30 and sweating