Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #121
Mad Swapper

Here you all are! I slip off to do some decorating and you leave without a forwarding address??

I was involved with the OWH bloghop this weekend, so I've been a little pre-occupied with commenting on 100+ blogs.... turning my attention to this little venture now. Goodness, it how it's grown. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all along the way
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #122
Compulsive Stamper

I am fairly new to card making. (just 2 years) I took a big step and posted four (100 in 100) of the cards to the gallery here as I don't have a blog. I needed the push to use supplies that I already have as I am shamelessly addicted to buying supplies. Feel free to give me advice on how to add a little finesse to my cards.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #123
Compulsive Stamper

Sorry, can't get the pictures to upload
Old 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #124
Polyshrink Goddess

Default 1st 100 cards in 100 days posting

Hi!
So I did some work, I just love this idea. I'm doing the old, haven't been used in a very long time Stampin' Up! sets, as a way to get collection of blank cards.

Disclaimer - I am a former SU demo, I started in 1995, I've amazed a huge collection of SU stamps as well as stamps from other companies. I stopped being a demo 7 years ago, and I haven't bought many stamps since then.

So, the sets I am showing are very old, probably no longer available or ridiculously high on E-Bay. I am not posting names, because the sets are just that old.

Photos on my blog. Thanks for looking
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #125
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswanger View Post
Sorry, can't get the pictures to upload
They are showing up in your gallery now! Off to leave some love!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #126
Hardware Hotshot

Cynthia -- I love the cards with the little boy...makes me think of my little frog-chasers!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #127
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswanger View Post
I am fairly new to card making. (just 2 years) I took a big step and posted four (100 in 100) of the cards to the gallery here as I don't have a blog. I needed the push to use supplies that I already have as I am shamelessly addicted to buying supplies. Feel free to give me advice on how to add a little finesse to my cards.
Welcome Rswanger! I'm a newbie to card making too! I've been making cards for almost a year now. I started making cards in June of last year. I'm not quite sure how I started or why. But I am so hooked on doing it!

If you need help getting your pictures in the gallery, PM me and I'll see if I can help. I remember I couldn't upload my first picture because it was too big, but once I figured that out it's been smooth sailing. So let me know! I'd love to see your work, and we can be newbies together!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #128
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I almost forgot... today is Day 10 of my 100 in 100 Challenge (Yep, I'm one of the ones that couldn't wait to get started), and to celebrate making it the first 10 days, I'd like to share a little of my stash with one lucky winner. Just leave me a comment on my blog before 7 pm Pacific time on Friday 6/1/12. I thought it might be fun to get a few "new" supplies while we're abstaining from shopping. Hope this isn't cheesy...
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #129
Crimping Master

Got project 9 finally done - cards for our homebound members - 91 projects to go.....
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #130
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
They are showing up in your gallery now! Off to leave some love!
Thanks for leaving some love. Everyone needs all the love they can get. I will super excited when I saw that some people had actually commented to my pics.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #131
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyousgirl80 View Post
Welcome Rswanger! I'm a newbie to card making too! I've been making cards for almost a year now. I started making cards in June of last year. I'm not quite sure how I started or why. But I am so hooked on doing it!

If you need help getting your pictures in the gallery, PM me and I'll see if I can help. I remember I couldn't upload my first picture because it was too big, but once I figured that out it's been smooth sailing. So let me know! I'd love to see your work, and we can be newbies together!
Hey newbie. I found out my pics were to large also and once I corrected that I was fine. Glad someone else out there is new too.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #132
Compulsive Stamper

This is a great idea! I especially love the idea of using your current stash (I'm on a stash busting kick this year) Still, I have so much stuff that I'll probably be buried with it. so I'm going to participate alongside the rest of you, although I don't have a blog. As far as not buying anything- I am committed to a SU Card club monthly, and won't count adhesive, or white or black cardstock, if needed.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #133
Insane Embellisher

I absolutely love that everyone is giving this their own spin to help them out with their own stash "issues". I have realised my focus NEEDS to be DSP. I have waaaay too much and rarely use it. I'm a DSP stroker! Going to check out the gallery now... I am trying to comment frequently so my superlatives might get a bit overused!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #134
Matboard Maniac

All of your blog projects look wonderful! I thought about starting a blog--even came up with some titles! LOL--but I'd rather be making cards instead of trying to figure all that out. I just uploaded my 1st card of 100 to SCS's gallery, but I'm not sure how to link it here. I might not be able to post links yet until after I reply some more.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #135
Hardware Hotshot

I;m crazy to join this!! I hoped to get a start on the 100 before June 1st. But my first card STILL isn't done. I have a 3 month old, so craft time is pretty unpredictable these days. I miss it.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #136
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
I;m crazy to join this!! I hoped to get a start on the 100 before June 1st. But my first card STILL isn't done. I have a 3 month old, so craft time is pretty unpredictable these days. I miss it.
I remember those days. Is there a place where you could leave your card out and every time you go by, you do one thing to it until it's finished? Or do you have any ready-made card kits that you could whip out during baby's naptime?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 AM   #137
Crimping Master

Oh Heather, I remember those days also. My baby will be 23 in July... This is my first challenge and I didn't really realize all the stuff I have.
Heather - don't forget to rest when your baby does!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #138
Insane Embellisher

I have just uploaded my 21st card, having a long weekend really gave me a jump start on this challenge! For the next few days I am going to focus on remakes. I have a little bin of cards that are damaged or I just don't like, so I am going to work on remaking them. Hopefully, I will use up some more of stash of leftovers on my desk also, although I must admit I have made a pretty good dent in it in the past week. I have also been very busy working on my new blog, today is my 1 week anniversary! I would love for you to come take a look, I have all of my 100in100 projects posted, as well as a Card Gallery page. I am open to suggestions on how to make it better, I am just starting and the learning curve is pretty steep!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms

Last edited by fishymom; 05-31-2012 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #139
Mad Swapper

Tomorrow is the big day! Thanks to those who have already left me some love on my blog. I'll be around to visit you tonight i hope.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #140
Kookie Creator

I've got a great start on this 100 projects in 100 days....I've made 25 cards in the last 2 days! I started by using die cuts that have been in my scrap box forever! I was proud of myself for using a lot of them! Most are Creative Memories die cuts. My cards are simple...but sweet! I have 5 loaded in my gallery, will load more tomorrow!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #141
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot... today is Day 10 of my 100 in 100 Challenge (Yep, I'm one of the ones that couldn't wait to get started), and to celebrate making it the first 10 days, I'd like to share a little of my stash with one lucky winner. Just leave me a comment on my blog before 7 pm Pacific time on Friday 6/1/12. I thought it might be fun to get a few "new" supplies while we're abstaining from shopping. Hope this isn't cheesy...
Just FYI, I'm having some trouble leaving comments on your blog - it wants me to sign in using some type of ID that I don't have. Is there any way to adjust the settings?
I love the cards you made with the Echo Park paper - it made me want that paper!! And that sort of defeats the purpose of a stash busting challenge, no?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #142
Insane Embellisher

So much I want to respond to!

Heather - I have a 9 week old too, so my cards are coming in fits & bursts. But they're coming! I find I'm having the ideas whilst doing baby things, then knocking them out pretty quick as and when I get chance!

Fishymom your blog is fabulous and I am so inspired by how you are using your mistakes. You are inspired!

Nat I love that Echo Park paper too... must be strong! I also have a basket all loaded up at Gina K but again, I am trying to be strong! And it's the first day of the new SU catalog today so I am itching to order there too....
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #143
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayInFL View Post
Just FYI, I'm having some trouble leaving comments on your blog - it wants me to sign in using some type of ID that I don't have. Is there any way to adjust the settings?
I love the cards you made with the Echo Park paper - it made me want that paper!! And that sort of defeats the purpose of a stash busting challenge, no?
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I changed some settings on the blog, and you should be able to comment now.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #144
Insane Embellisher

Good luck to everyone starting the 100in100 Challenge today! I started on Saturday to take advantage of the long week and just posted my 22nd card on my blog and in my SCS gallery. I have been keeping up with the 100in100 gallery here and trying to visit everyone's blog, and there is some awesome work going on. What a talented group this is!

Last edited by fishymom; 06-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #145
Matboard Maniac

Default on track

My tracking chart says I'm on Day 3 now, but I started a little early because I really needed to give Emma her card and gift since I had already helped her mom with her graduation party last week. :/ Anyway, I made 3 more cards almost exactly like hers, so I'm only counting them as 1 for the challenge. Then, I made a really simple sympathy card. I have a hard time making them, but I need some in my card stash because unfortunately, I've had to send 2 in the past month. I hope y'all are getting on track too! I know all of us can do this!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #146
Crimping Master

I also got started early, first this is my first challenge and if I would have waited until yesterday I would have talked myself out of it. And probably would have gone shopping also...the new releases are pretty good....
Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #147
Insane Embellisher

I made the rounds of the blogs listed on Mindy's blog and will be adding them to my sidebar. I will try to add new ones as I see them, but if I happen to miss you, please visit let me know, I don't want to miss see any of your lovely creations!

I was wondering if anyone is up for some mini challenges within our HUGE challenge? I have this great little app on my phone that is just inspirational quotes that I love scrolling through. So this week, I am going to choose an quote each day as an Inspiration Challenge. I will post the quote on my blog each evening and try to make the card the next day. I would love to have you guys join me in this mini challenge. If you do choose to participate, just let me know and I will link to your project on my blog.

Today's quote is:

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless"

Mother Teresa

Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #148
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up I'd Like to Play

If you're taking new members, I'd love to play. I've thought about how this would work best for me and I've decided I'm going to start on June 23 that puts me finishing up at the end of September. I can't start until then because my youngest is graduating high school and I have some work travel.

I'm going to be an "empty nester" starting June 23. For those of you with babies, I never imagined this day so {hug} alot. I figure if I give myself some fun projects to work on it will make the house seem a little less quiet.

Along with my Creating 100 in 100, I'm also going to challenge myself to eliminate 100 items from my Stash during that time. I unloaded alot 2 years ago but now it's time once again to get more items that are not being used OUT! I'm going to set up a box to add items for donation and at the end of the 100 days take it to the Senior Center nearby.

Off to find the list of players and check out the inspiration!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #149
Crimping Master

Oh Lela, big hug for you. I'm passing you the box of tissues and wiping a tear from my eye. Our two boys are still with us - youngest leaving for college in August... Where did the time go...
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #150
Insane Embellisher

Hello Lela, hugs to you from an empty nester who survived freshman year! It was a tough year for me, my daughter, also my youngest, left for college 1500 miles from home in August. Then my son graduated from college in December and moved 600 miles away in January, just two days before my dad passed away. I got through it somehow, but boy did I miss having my daughter here when I lost my dad!

Good luck to you on the 100in100 challenge!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #151
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftykarla View Post
Oh Lela, big hug for you. I'm passing you the box of tissues and wiping a tear from my eye. Our two boys are still with us - youngest leaving for college in August... Where did the time go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
Hello Lela, hugs to you from an empty nester
who survived freshman year! It was a tough year for me, my daughter, also my youngest, left for college 1500 miles from home in August. Then my son graduated from college in December and moved 600 miles away in January, just two days before my dad passed away. I got through it somehow, but boy did I miss having my daughter here when I lost my dad!

Good luck to you on the 100in100 challenge!
Oh thank you ladies for both understanding! This just didn't seem this painful with my oldest? I'm happy for him but inside I'm sad ... I will just miss the day-to-day stuff ... I will pass back the box of tissues Karla at the end of July!

Oh and 1500 miles away ... WOW! That would be tough. Both of my boys will be about 300 - 400 miles away and that seems far.

Part of my 100 cards will be for my sons and nephew who is graduating next weekend and enlisted in the Navy. My challenge will be to come up with "guy" cards so I can send 1 a week ...
Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #152
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
I have some great sources for sketches/layouts for scrapbooking. Does anyone know of something similar for card layouts?
I make cards for Operation Write Home and they have great sketches for cards. There is a new one every week. Here is the address operationwritehome.org/category/sketch-challenge/
You can get a PDF of the first 100 sketches.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #153
Rubber Obsessor

Default Set of 18 Cards

I've just completed my set of 18 cards for OWH. I posted them and the instructions on the Club Scrap site because I was having trouble with the upload here last night. I hope to have the higher res pictures here in the next day or so.

ClubScrapLink

23 of 100
Old 06-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #154
Compulsive Stamper

I got my first 4 cards done in the 100 in a 100. I'm working first to get our Christmas cards done ( not counting those).
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #155
Rubber Obsessor

Default OWH ALCM Complete Set of 18

I've finish the first 23/100 projects.
This is my full set of 18 cards (3 sets of 6) for Operation Write Home (OWH). I based the design on OWH sketches #74, #88, and #100. I was inspired by the Club Scrap Assembly Line Card Making (ALCM) from the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop. ALCM is a method for making many cards by efficiently using your papers. Attached are the instructions for this ALCM.

Primarily Club Scrap Supplies
See associated gallery for details

Link to gallery cards
OWH ALCM Complete Set of 18
Watercolor Flowers set of 6 OWH ALCM
Flowery Goodbye set of 6 OWH ALCM
Heraldry set of 6 OWH ALCM

Cards 6-23 of 100in100
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OWHsk74-88-100-ALCM-18_rev1.pdf (800.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats to all who have a great start. We have been on the road, and now we will spend the summer in our motor home, in an area with terrible internet access. (It has taken a couple of hours to upload a card and add some links). But I officially started today. Some cards will be in my SCS gallery, and many in my blog. If i can count, Sept. 12 is the target date for me.
I do need suggestions on the blog - it is very plain Jane as of yet! (The link should be in my signature line.)
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #157
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhat10 View Post
I've just completed my set of 18 cards for OWH. I posted them and the instructions on the Club Scrap site because I was having trouble with the upload here last night. I hope to have the higher res pictures here in the next day or so.

ClubScrapLink

23 of 100

Those are great! I remember the card assembly post on your blog - I have it bookmarked to go back to for reference. TFS
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #158
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I changed some settings on the blog, and you should be able to comment now.
Yip, that fixed it. Just FYI, I still had to complete a word verification but that may be something you decided to leave in there?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #159
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhat10 View Post
I've finish the first 23/100 projects.
This is my full set of 18 cards (3 sets of 6) for Operation Write Home (OWH). I based the design on OWH sketches #74, #88, and #100. I was inspired by the Club Scrap Assembly Line Card Making (ALCM) from the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop. ALCM is a method for making many cards by efficiently using your papers. Attached are the instructions for this ALCM.

Heraldry set of 6 OWH ALCM
Pouting....the beautiful Haberdashery horse you used is on sale and I can't buy it right now!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #160
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
I was wondering if anyone is up for some mini challenges within our HUGE challenge? I have this great little app on my phone that is just inspirational quotes that I love scrolling through. So this week, I am going to choose an quote each day as an Inspiration Challenge. I will post the quote on my blog each evening and try to make the card the next day. I would love to have you guys join me in this mini challenge. If you do choose to participate, just let me know and I will link to your project on my blog.

Today's quote is:
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless"
Mother Teresa
You've made some great cards for your inspiration challenge! And your daughter's photos are amazing also!