Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Way to go! I will add your blog to my list of folks participating in this challenge!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Based on the signature lines for the folks that said they are interested, here are some links to follow for the next few months.

A*MUSE -ingly Crafty
Joyful Living
Tartan Magnolia
Diane's Workshop
Old 05-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #43
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
Based on the signature lines for the folks that said they are interested, here are some links to follow for the next few months.

A*MUSE -ingly Crafty
Joyful Living
Tartan Magnolia
Diane's Workshop
I'm really looking forward to this!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

I know, I'm getting excited about it too! Looking at my calendar, I have a lot of travel scheduled in that 90 days. I guess I better get a jump start to do those cards ahead of each of the trips so I don't feel so behind when I get home. That should help me stay on track and be proactive instead of feeling like I am in the weeds.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Hi! Good goal. Wishing you sucess.

Here is a link to the Clean and Simple blog where at the top, right corner you can find a link to the PDF challenge file.

clean&simple: PDFs

They have some neat sketch challenges so hopefully you will find some that interest and inspire you. 100 cards in 100 days ... you may "need" some CAS cards! Hee! Gabby
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Great challenge, Mindy. I am going to follow your progress on your blog. I think you should do something for yourself that you normally would not do as a reward. Do you regularly get massages, manicures, or pedicures? If not, consider one of those as your reward.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #47
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
You can the the SCS sketches only here: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - SCSketches - Handmade Cards & Crafts
It's fairly up to date and has plenty of inspiration without the distraction of finished sketches .

Back on topic, I read this last night and was trying to think what I'd do as a treat for myself. I think I would likely buy something for card-making, but tools rather than consumables. Maybe a couple of Nestabilities that are on my wish-list but I wouldn't be likely to get as part of my regular buying pattern. But if you really don't want to add more your stash, then a massage sounds like a great option , or a spa day even better. After achieving your goal you should certainly reward yourself with something out of the normal.
Thanks for sharing this link Sabrina. I never knew I could see the SCS sketches in the gallery. I knew about the pdf downloads but not this! Awesome.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #48
Proud Fan Club Member

Mindy, I applaud you on what you are challenging yourself to. I think it's a great idea. I love personal challenges. Is there something in the paper-crafting industry that you've really wanted but felt it too pricey to justify buying? Maybe some sort of tool like one of the electronic die-cutters (if you don't already own one)? I would want a big prize for meeting this goal. LOL
Old 05-23-2012, 03:58 AM   #49
Cardstock Collector

This sounds like a great challenge! And thanks to everyone for the Card Maps. I just got rid of my stash of cards, and need to get started on a new one.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #50
Compulsive Stamper

I would love to join your challenge but life is in the way I do make cards throughout the year and give small bundles to friends/mailgal/etc as gifts. They appreciate and look forward to them - even ask if I will do them again this year. Lets Capture These Sketches is a site that isn't listed here and inspires me...you artistic gals would need to wade through tons of samples but I appreciate them. One hint is to add something to the envelope that complements the card, using of course, some of your stash! Let's Capture These Sketches: Card Sketch
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #51
Compulsive Stamper

I don't have a blog but will check out your progress as I take up the challenge also. Need to use up the many, many supplies I have. Thanks for the idea!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #52
Cardstock Collector

I think this is a great idea, and I am going to try to do this also. I have so much 'stash' that my dear hubby would love to see get used. Can't wait to get started, and having a day off for the holiday will give me an extra day to get started! Thanks for the great idea. Good luck and happy stamping to all who are doing this!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

I would love to join you also! I need to scrapbook - 100 pages in 100 days is going to be REALLY hard but I will do as much as I can. I'm a super slow scrapper. I need to start my daughter's school albums before she graduates next year. Maybe if I can discipline myself to scrap in the evening instead of eat, I could reach two goals - my weight watcher goal as well as busting some of my stash!

my gallery
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #54
Cardstock Collector

I am going to join you. I love love love the idea of not buying anything new. What a fun way to widdle down the stash of old stuff. .
Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #55
Matboard Maniac

Default Operation Write Home

I just found OWH and Im doing my first card party june 9th, check them out at operationwritehome.org/ My goal is to use my stampup papers that have retired (seem to forget about them) and have 100 personal done by the party and have 100 ready for the ladies to do at the party. I started a week ago and I have 60 personal done and 60 ready to make, and Im having a blast. I wouldn't be able to do this if I didn't have the insperation I get for splitcoaststampers! Good luck

Craftmut stuff!!!!
NEW STAMPIN UP DEMO

><((((*>
Old 05-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #56
Cardstock Collector

I am also doing Weight Watchers, and this will definitely be a great thing to do while those 'night time hunger' vibes come in. Just STAMP!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

I have SO much stamping stuff that I need to join you. I have to give this some thought in the next 7 to 8 days.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #58
Pearl-ExPert

LOTS of GREAT ideas!!! I think I am going to check out the swap boards too. That might help me focus to get a couple of batches done and out the door.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #59
Cardstock Collector

My daughter and I started using up scraps almost two weeks ago. Until we gathered them in one place we didn't realize just how many we had. Sandy from operation write home did a vlog on this topic and it inspired us to us up our scraps. I have a much more difficult time with the not buying thing. I just cann't resist a garage sale with bargan stamp or tool prices. But I will try to limit my purchases to non-consumables and adhesive or glue dots only. We can easily do the 100 cards as we send more than that each month to Operation Write Home. Good luck to all of you!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #60
Insane Embellisher

This might get me going on the old blog too! I usually get all enthusiastic for about 4 days then it tails off... till the next burst of enthusiasm.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #61
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

oops

Last edited by inkyfingersrsexy; 05-23-2012 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: posted in wrong thread
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #62
Glitter Queen

This a great thread (is that what you call it?) I didn't realize that there were all these different layout for cards. They will really help stir up ideas for me. TFS Jean
Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #63
Kookie Creator

Is it going to be 100 different cards? If so, that is a lot of mojo.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #64
Forum Fanatic

QUOTE=gabalot;19447102]Hi! Good goal. Wishing you sucess.

Here is a link to the Clean and Simple blog where at the top, right corner you can find a link to the PDF challenge file.

clean&simple: PDFs

They have some neat sketch challenges so hopefully you will find some that interest and inspire you. 100 cards in 100 days ... you may "need" some CAS cards! Hee! Gabby [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link to the Clean and Simple card sketches - they are definitely more my style. I like the idea of 100 cards in 100 days a lot, especially the part about not buying anymore new supplies. But that will be hard to do with the new SU catalogue just out!!

One challenge I'd like to set for myself which would be good to combine with the 100/100 one is to use every single one of the stamps I own!!

My gallery is here should you care to look!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #65
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I so love this idea. I am adapting it to my style of stamping

I'm a retired SU demo, I stopped in 2007 after 15 years of being a demo. I've since discovered the Cricut and tons of cartridges and a lot more supplies. I've been having a lot of fun, but I've been shopping more than card making lately and my stash of made cards is low.

I date organized all my SU catalogs, and the little supplements that they used to send out for spring, summer, SAB, etc. I started with the oldest supplement, turned to the first page with a set I have and case'd that card. I will make 3 or 4 of each design for each set I own. They won't be copies exactly, but enough to get me going and creating.

And I own a lot of SU sets since I never sold off any of the sets I purchased. They will all be blank on the inside, because I can fill in as I need to.

When I get bored with making cards, I'll take a break and work on some scrap book pages, or take a break and make some Cricut inspired cards.

My goal is no more window shopping (looking at postings, pinterest, galleries, etc...) and actually making this "bright ideas" I'm saving.

I'm recovering from foot surgery, had to have me Achilles tendon reattached to my heel, and I'm tired of sitting with my foot elevated. Now that I can begin to walk again, after almost a year in a walking boot, and with the help of Physical Therapy.I feel motivated to get back to my desk. I did pass the time doing a lot of cross stitch, my first love, and window shopping.

Thank you for this wonderful idea. It will also help me get going on Holiday cards too. I will be posting photos on my blog starting this weekend.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #66
Cardstock Collector

Love love this idea!!! think I am going to give it a try...4-5 per week is not an imposible goal...thanks so much for the idea...

Happy Stamper Bev
Old 05-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #67
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via AIM to MrsAngotti Send a message via Yahoo to MrsAngotti

The cleanandsimplestamping blog has a TON of great layouts!!!!
A Muse Creative Consultant #1099
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

This sounds awesome! 100 in 100 is a big enough challenge but i cant imagine not buying any paper or bellies!

Alas, end of school is approaching, I have a 5 month old plus 2 older kids. So it is not gonna happen. But it's a great goal for 4 years from now when they are all in school full time! By then I'll have so much stash I'll have to do 1000 in 1000!! But I don't keep large quantities of Cardstock so I'd probably have to rebuy my favourite colours. Though part of my challenge could be to use up some random sheets I bought in bulk sight unseen which aren't my Fav colours... Guess I could start that now...

If your cards are typically publication worthy, I'd definitely send some in and maybe also play some online challenges to keep it fresh and maybe win some goodies! Even if you make some that aren't publication worthy (no way I could maintain that level of creativity for so many days) enter in challenges that have a random prize winner chosen. With so many cards, you are bound to win some stuff!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #69
Mad Swapper

Oh the fun I am going to have with this! I support Operation Write Home, so a bunch of the cards will be headed to them when I'm done and I'm also hoping to get a head start on Christmas!
I've checked out a bunch of sketches, scoped out some challenge blogs and plan to use the Amuse catty for inspiration too.
I'm going to add everyone to my blog under the cute graphic Mindy attached.
Looking forward to getting inky with you all
Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #70
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
This might get me going on the old blog too! I usually get all enthusiastic for about 4 days then it tails off... till the next burst of enthusiasm.
That's EXACTLY what I do. So this challenge is really helping me to stay focused on putting something on my blog. I say this with lots of enthusiasm because I'm on day four. So let's keep each other motivated!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #71
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
I have some great sources for sketches/layouts for scrapbooking. Does anyone know of something similar for card layouts?
Ever check out MoJo Monday sketch challenge? Great sketches and lots of samples of how to use it.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyestitch View Post
Is it going to be 100 different cards? If so, that is a lot of mojo.
I don't have enough of the same exact supplies to make the same exact card 100 times, but I do have enough "stuff" to make 1 or 2 of the same and repeat 50 or 60 times.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess

What a great idea!! I'm marking my calendar to start with you on June 1. With all the SU sets retiring, I still have plenty of 'active' sets, so I need to find some new ways to use these, and use some of the papers I have on hand. Should be a good way to spark interest and keep the creative juices flowing. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
Rubber Obsessor

I think this is a great idea to really get me going with my card making. And maybe (hopefully!) with my blog, too! June 1st it is
Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #75
Rubber Obsessor

Default I'm so there!

Brillant Idea!
I'm so in! I've been very bad about buying new things and not using them AND starting projects and not finishing. I love to create, so think I the 100 won't be the hard part. It will be using only what is in my stash and not shopping that will tax me. I do have montly kit expenditures I've allready committed to from Club Scrap, Simon Says Stamps, and an SU club. Other than that no shopping for me!

For idea you may want to check out Club Scrap Assembly Line instructions at the link below. Look for ALSB for how to get a number of scrapbook pages from selected supplies. And look for ALSB cards for the same thing for cards.

Club Scrap ALSB - Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Digital, Handmade Books-Albums
Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #76
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyousgirl80 View Post
That's EXACTLY what I do. So this challenge is really helping me to stay focused on putting something on my blog. I say this with lots of enthusiasm because I'm on day four. So let's keep each other motivated!
Posted twice today. Yay me. One with an update (oops, where did 3 months go?) and one with 100.4! Off to check yours out now!

Loving this challenge so far Mindykid, it's really giving me a kick up the bottom!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #77
Kookie Creator

This is a huge challenge! I want to join in!!

My mom and I are always saying we need to get together to make stuff, this is a perfect tool to motivate us! Thanks to everyone who has posted so far with all the wonderful ideas and of course to Mindykid for starting it up! I also love ladybugstamper2's idea and may go that route for inspiration. And getting involved in OWH would be wonderful, that way I can send off my cards to a great cause.

My mom recently got a Cinch so we may do "100 projects" and make books, cards and scrapbooks!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #78
Cardstock Collector

Wink Challenge

This is a great challenge...I always buy more than I need and end up letting it sit. I'll have to try this.

I find some great sketches at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges. They also have a lot of sketches from old challenges in their forum.

Good luck in your summer challenge!!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #79
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Posted twice today. Yay me. One with an update (oops, where did 3 months go?) and one with 100.4! Off to check yours out now!

Loving this challenge so far Mindykid, it's really giving me a kick up the bottom!
I checked your blog out, great blog! And YAY to us for blogging! I actually have to work today so no new card or blog until Friday.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #80
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Your cards are great - and those boys are awesome!