Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Artist Trading Cards (ATC) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/artist-trading-cards-atc-f110/)
-   -   ***Postal *** 2nd Annual ATC Calendar Swap due 11-18-12*** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/artist-trading-cards-atc-f110/%2A%2A%2Apostal-%2A%2A%2A-2nd-annual-atc-calendar-swap-due-11-18-12%2A%2A%2A-t559714.html)

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:16 PM

***Postal *** 2nd Annual ATC Calendar Swap due 11-18-12***

Name of Swap: 2nd Annual ATC Calendar Swap due 11-18-12***

A handy desktop calendar - cute for you and great for gifts - Artwork to share!

We did this last year and it was a great success. I used several as gifts and have one on my work table. They turned out beautifully. We will not be requiring the Inchie on the calendar this year (for you returning players), you may use the entire space for your creativity**(See special design note below).

Description: ATC Calendar Pages
Quantity: This will be an 12+1 swap (You will get your own back)

* Please make this with at least 2 layers of good quality card stock
* At least one embellishment
* Calendar must measure 1.25 x 1.5 inches to fit the ATC. Placement on the ATC is your choice.

SCS Member mrslaporte (Marilyn) has created a multitude of calendar templates for our use here on Splitcoast. Below is a link to her templates. Please be sure to drop her a thank you for her hard work. If you are computer savvy, and are comfortable resizing the months you may use the template she has provided and resize them to 1.25 x 1.5 for this swap. If you are techno challenged, you may use the pdf files I am attaching to the thread for your month(s).

* Marilyn's Calendar pages link here

** Special design note - the calendar is designed to be oriented in the landscape position. Please leave the top 1/2 inch of the card free of embellishments so holes can be punched for the book rings. (See photo below)

* Please put your real name on the back of your work along with whatever other information you would like.

Vendor products: NVR

Requirements:
Standard size ATC is 3 1/2 x 2 1/2, please use a good base cardstock and provide at least 2 layers of cardstock. Minimum of 2 embellishments and/or techniques. Please sign your work.

Deadlines:
Due IN Hand: 11-18-12

These need to be in my hands no later than November 18th, I will swap within a week. If all are received early, I will swap at that time. I would like to get them swapped out asap to avoid the holiday mailing rush!! If these go out on time, you can use them as gifts for Christmas.

If you cannot commit to the swap PLEASE do not sign up, let those spots go to people who can, remember others are counting on getting your card. And if you do need to back out, PLEASE let me know, and give me at least a week's notice before the swap ends so that I have time to find someone to fill your spot or do so myself.

ALL LATE ARRIVALS WILL BE RETURNED.

Mailing instructions:
Place your items in a plastic zipper type bag prevent to possible water damage. Write your SCS name, real name, and swap name on the bag or on a piece of paper placed inside the baggie.

Include a SASE with at least the same amount of postage as it took to mail to me + 2 additional stamps NO metered strips!!! All unused postage will be returned.

When you are ready to mail, PM me for addressJ

Please check in periodically so that I know you are still participating and also post when you mail and receive your swap.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.......

R=Received from Swapper

Calendar Group #1 FULL

1. January - prairiejen
2. February - QueenOfInkland
3. March - mrslaporte
4. April - Forest Ranger
5. May - MamaAce
6. June - kraftykay
7. July - normat
8. August - paper73
9. September - SybilMcC
10. October - LabradorDork
11. November - mauiueno
12. December - texasyaya

Calendar Group #2 FULL

1. January - CandyHaz
2. February - nsmac1
3. March - texasyaya
4. April - SybilMcC
5. May - QueenOfInkland
6. June - mrslaporte
7. July - MamaAce
8. August - LabradorDork
9. September - paper73
10. October - mauiueno
11. November - prairiejen
12. December - Forest Ranger

Calendar Group #3 FULL

1. January - mauiueno
2. February - mrslaporte
3. March - parknslide
4. April - LabradorDork
5. May - prairiejen
6. June - MamaAce
7. July - paper73
8. August - Kraftykay
9. September - Bethyblue
10. October - CandyHaz
11. November - mcbeth54
12. December - SybilMcC

Group #4

1. January - Paige
2. February - ajmac
3. March - christy71
4. April - Joan7356
5. May - LovetheBaruu
6. June - scrappinwithtammy
7. July - CherryLime
8. August - MamaAce
9. September - BonnieBeth
10. October - nsmac1
11. November - JanetJ
12. December - normat

Group #5

1. January - Bride
2. February - MamaAce
3. March - normat
4. April - Cloudia
5. May - Sherry_Lynn
6. June - Jabauer
7. July - elizabethanne
8. August - Joan7356
9. September - kraftykay
10. October - CherryLime
11. November - Chez-Lara
12. December - paper73

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Calendar example picture

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
PDF Files for Months - sized and printer ready.

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
More months

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Last four months files.

LabradorDork 08-21-2012 05:35 PM

These are so cute!!! I wanna join. I'd love a spot in each group, but that may be the cold talking, so I'll just take one for now. I'm thinking October for my month. These will fit awesomely on my (over)full desk!

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabradorDork (Post 19633575)
These are so cute!!! I wanna join. I'd love a spot in each group, but that may be the cold talking, so I'll just take one for now. I'm thinking October for my month. These will fit awesomely on my (over)full desk!

You will love them, they are darling. It's one of my most favorite swaps ever.

I'm adding you to Group 1 in October. Feel better soon!

LabradorDork 08-21-2012 05:56 PM

Thank you, Joyce :)

QueenOfInkland 08-21-2012 06:12 PM

Hi Joyce ::waves:: I was in this swap last year and the calendars were awesome !!! So, may I please have one spot for February and one spot for May?

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland (Post 19633636)
Hi Joyce ::waves:: I was in this swap last year and the calendars were awesome !!! So, may I please have one spot for February and one spot for May?

Yes you may. I'm glad you're coming along for this years calendars. I can't wait to see what you do :)

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 06:43 PM

OK, Joyce, I'm in for all three groups. To make it exciting, you decide which months you want me to do in each one.

texasyaya 08-21-2012 06:44 PM

I would like December in group 1 please.

prairiejen 08-21-2012 06:48 PM

Group one January
Group two may
Group three november please

Jen

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SybilMcC (Post 19633744)
OK, Joyce, I'm in for all three groups. To make it exciting, you decide which months you want me to do in each one.

Ohhhh...now that's a challenge! Okay, let me look.

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 06:54 PM

Okay, Betty Jen and Sybil I've got you added. Jen your group 2 & 3 request are filled, just reversed - I hope you are okay with that :)

Sybil, if you want to change anything, let me know.

I will add another Group or two if these fill up (which I suspect they will!)

Forest Ranger 08-21-2012 07:05 PM

I've never done anything like this before... I'm a bit scared... will you answer any silly questions I have along the way so that I can make something suitable? If so, I'd love a spot - December, if it's still available. Thanks!

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633796)
I've never done anything like this before... I'm a bit scared... will you answer any silly questions I have along the way so that I can make something suitable? If so, I'd love a spot - December, if it's still available. Thanks!

Ask all the questions you need - we will help you out :) I'm adding you to a December spot now. They go fast!

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 07:10 PM

I couldn't be more pleased. See, that was easy.You done good.

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633796)

You are going to love these little jewels. If you have ever made ATCs before you won't have a bit of trouble, just choose a theme for the month and slap a calendar on it. No worries.

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 07:12 PM

You are crackin' me up!

Forest Ranger 08-21-2012 07:19 PM

thank you, Joyce!

ummmmmmmmm.... Sybil, I've never made an ATC before... don't really understand the point of them. does that mean I should ask to be excused from this calendar swap now? EEK!!!

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633835)
thank you, Joyce!

ummmmmmmmm.... Sybil, I've never made an ATC before... don't really understand the point of them. does that mean I should ask to be excused from this calendar swap now? EEK!!!

No - learn to try new things. The size is 2.5 x 3.5. The theme on the front is entirely up to you. As long as your little calendar is visible somewhere on the front, you are good to go. Don't think of this as an actual ATC, think of it as a calendar page that is ATC sized. It makes a really nice desk calendar when it all put together. (You can trust me a little here, I promise it's not painful)

CandyHaz 08-21-2012 07:35 PM

I'll take 2 spots for now ... January and October

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633835)
thank you, Joyce!

Oh good heavens no, you need to do this. ATCs are so much fun to do, and easy, and Joyce and everyone else will guide you through it. They do me. I am still sticking my neck out and learning new things. You will just love it.

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyHaz (Post 19633865)
I'll take 2 spots for now ... January and October

You being added now :) Have fun!

Jmaraul 08-21-2012 07:49 PM

Okay, that's all for me this evening - my eyeballs are telling me it's time for sleeping.

I wonder how many night owls we'll have join while my eyes are closed? I'll update first thing in the morning so let me know which months you want.

Forest Ranger 08-21-2012 07:59 PM

Thank you, Ladies. I do love to try new things... and I like making calendars, though I've never made one this tiny. I want to do this so I can give it to my DD. I thought it would look nice on her desk at work. Hmmmmmmm... I wonder when all is said and done if I'll really give it to her or if I'll hoard it for myself??? LOL!

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633908)
Thank you, Ladies. I do love to try new things... and I like making calendars, though I've never made one this tiny. I want to do this so I can give it to my DD. I thought it would look nice on her desk at work. Hmmmmmmm... I wonder when all is said and done if I'll really give it to her or if I'll hoard it for myself??? LOL!

So sign up for two really quick and you will have one for each of you.
It really is easy. I usually decide on my background, choose my theme, and then it is easy to make all twelve in the assembly line style. It is so interesting to see all 12 from the different people in different styles etc.
You can do this.

Forest Ranger 08-21-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SybilMcC (Post 19633936)
So sign up for two really quick and you will have one for each of you.
It really is easy. I usually decide on my background, choose my theme, and then it is easy to make all twelve in the assembly line style. It is so interesting to see all 12 from the different people in different styles etc.
You can do this.

Okay... you talked me into it. I'll take April in Group 1, too, please. :roll:

You may need to hold my hand as I create these.

I have a question... we don't put the holes in the top, right? We just leave the top embellishment-free so the recipient can put holes where she chooses???

SybilMcC 08-21-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19633965)
Okay... you talked me into it. I'll take April in Group 1, too, please. :roll:

You may need to hold my hand as I create these.

I have a question... we don't put the holes in the top, right? We just leave the top embellishment-free so the recipient can put holes where she chooses???

Good for you! And yes we will hold your hand and answer questions.
As I remember Joyce made the holes so they would be all alike. She says in the instructions to leave the top 1/2 inch free of embellishments for hole punching.

mauiueno 08-21-2012 11:15 PM

Sooo cute! Please sign me up for the following
#1. November
#2. October
#3. January

nsmac1 08-22-2012 03:15 AM

Dang I was too slow looks like the last October has been taken. I'll take a February instead I guess. :) guess that means I gotta get my printer hooked up lol.

mrslaporte 08-22-2012 03:29 AM

Hey... I need three months one in each set. lol- add them in the next open spot in each.

Jmaraul 08-22-2012 05:12 AM

Good morning :)

It's one of those mornings around here. DS overslept, so I am updating the thread while he's showering & then I get to take him to school. NOT what I had planned for today.

So....

Jeanette - We are here for you, you can do this! You will be delighted by the final product and I'm adding you to April in Group #1. You will be glad you took two spots.

Sybil is correct about the holes. DON"T PUNCH THE HOLES!!! I will punch the holes when I receive them and then they will all be uniform. Please leave the top 1/2 inch clear of all chunky embellishments. I will try to add a picture (later today) of the template so everyone can see where the holes will be for designing purposes. Thank Sybil - I thought about that point last night and was going to remind everyone about it.

mauiueno - Marilyn, I have added you to your three requested months. Glad you are here. Have fun!

Sabrina - I've added you with a February. Once these groups fill up I will open more, do you want me to reserve an October slot for you in a new group? Glad you are with us :)

mrslaporte - Yay! Marilyn is here. My friend, I am adding you to the next three open months. They are March, June & February. Thanks for your help in getting this back off the ground. You are fabulous!

Now I have updated everything - have a wonderful morning. I'm sucking down my coffee & hitting the road. It will be about an hour round trip before I return....grrr.

Forest Ranger 08-22-2012 06:01 AM

Good Morning Friends!

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

... ... ... ...

Today is National Pecan Torte Day,
Be An Angel Day,
Eat a Peach Day,
and Southern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day*.

*Southern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day- This is the day to go outside and yell "Hoodie Hoo" to chase winter away
and make it ready for spring. This is done at high noon in the southern hemisphere.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us that Things Aren’t Always As they Seem!

A 911 caller seemed to have a unique emergency: She was lost in the woods, she told a dispatcher, and couldn't find anywhere to pee. The call was bizarre enough (how hard is it to find somewhere to pee in the woods?), but then police tracked the call to the caller’s house. They found her not lost in the forest, but sitting drunk on her front porch swigging a beer with a handgun on her cooler.

:shock: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol: ;)

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Forest Ranger 08-22-2012 06:05 AM

Thank you, Joyce... I'm looking forward to doing this!

MamaAce 08-22-2012 06:14 AM

This looks like fun! Can I have February, May, and July please? If February isn't available I'll take a June. Thanks. Can't wait to get started!

mcbeth54 08-22-2012 06:24 AM

Do you accept newbies?? If so I'll jump in. May I have November in Group 3

Jmaraul 08-22-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaAce (Post 19634340)
This looks like fun! Can I have February, May, and July please? If February isn't available I'll take a June. Thanks. Can't wait to get started!

Good morning Jamee. All the Februarys are taken at this point so I've added you to the groups with May, June & July. Glad to have you joining us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Join is the chatter too while you're at it. Welcome aboard!

Jmaraul 08-22-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbeth54 (Post 19634359)
Do you accept newbies?? If so I'll jump in. May I have November in Group 3

I do accept newbies - I was one once! We all have to get our feet wet somewhere, and you are safe with us. Welcome aboard - ask questions if you have any and feel free to add to the chatter. We love getting to know the new folks. I've added you to November in Group 3 - have fun!