Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to Steffie_00us Send a message via Yahoo to Steffie_00us

My set is in the mail. I don't think I have ever finished a swap this far in advance! SAAAA-WEEEET
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

All done just gotta get to the PO ...in the next day or 2, I'll post when they're on the way
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #83
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

wow you ladies sure are moving (LOL) done already and mailed I'm so amazed it never ends up as a swap done early have you noticed at this rate we just maybe.

watching for them.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #84
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
wow you ladies sure are moving (LOL) done already and mailed I'm so amazed it never ends up as a swap done early have you noticed at this rate we just maybe.

watching for them.
Ohh geeze now the pressures on LOL. Well I did get more parrot feathers this weekend. Maybe the weekend coming up I'll get crafty. maybe....
Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

My twinchies went postal today
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #86
Die Cut Diva

you sooo have my curiosity peaked as to these parrot feathers! Can't wait to see this creation

still watching mail for some of you and others take it easy there is still plenty of time. I believe these ladies may have done what I just did and completed as many as possible so they can have time to join more swaps!!!!!

I don't know how many of you have followed the story of my little 80 yr old neighbor who is as crafty as they come!!!! she is my angel in all my swaps. I needed her once and after that she's creating in all of them. tht's where my "hostess item" goes to and she in turn gives cards to every neighbor for blocks around us for every occassion she has extensive list of their birthdays, anniversaries etc. I get such a kick out of her but it's all she has to do she been widow for a while and her children rarely come to visit. so she is "granny" to every child in a 5 block radis and some of their parents. well today we spend 4 hours talking and bouncing around swap idea's for the future. we think we have some great ones not done before!!!!!! I went into threads and my past notes/emails and she made the list then we look to see what hasn't been done and sure enough we got 7 new swaps as the ones I have open begin to close I will post new ones from this list we compiled I think it's gonna be fun. We are excited!!!!!!

so I hope anyone who can will join us and we talked about the 6 duplicate (same thing) verus my 4-6 not duplicated style and we decided that's the plan from here on out. All my swaps will be that they do NOT have to be exact in each spot. I myself love the freedom to create and not have to worry about duplicating. I'm new to shading and blending of inks and it bothers me worring about them all being alike. with the freedom to show design I enjoy it so much better and I can use up my left over supplies instead of storing them (which becomes a mess in itself) so I want you to know your freedom to create and enjoy the process is wide open for ALL my swaps. I'm also comfortable with this in that we both create for each swap and I usually end up being able to send you back more than you are expecting and I love doing that (its fun for me) each of you have always been happy, surprized and thankful so I see no reason to change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmac1 View Post
Ohh geeze now the pressures on LOL. Well I did get more parrot feathers this weekend. Maybe the weekend coming up I'll get crafty. maybe....
Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #87
Mad Swapper

I wish I had her as a neighbour lol.

Well I have an idea for my parrot feathers orginally planned with brown feathers I had so not sure if it'll translate with blue feathers but meh we'll see......

I like the idea of not needing everyone to be the same and honestly who really knows in the end except you (since you're the one swaping them out) the recipient wouldn't know if they were different or the same.... ;P

Quote:
you sooo have my curiosity peaked as to these parrot feathers! Can't wait to see this creation

still watching mail for some of you and others take it easy there is still plenty of time. I believe these ladies may have done what I just did and completed as many as possible so they can have time to join more swaps!!!!!

I don't know how many of you have followed the story of my little 80 yr old neighbor who is as crafty as they come!!!! she is my angel in all my swaps. I needed her once and after that she's creating in all of them. tht's where my "hostess item" goes to and she in turn gives cards to every neighbor for blocks around us for every occassion she has extensive list of their birthdays, anniversaries etc. I get such a kick out of her but it's all she has to do she been widow for a while and her children rarely come to visit. so she is "granny" to every child in a 5 block radis and some of their parents. well today we spend 4 hours talking and bouncing around swap idea's for the future. we think we have some great ones not done before!!!!!! I went into threads and my past notes/emails and she made the list then we look to see what hasn't been done and sure enough we got 7 new swaps as the ones I have open begin to close I will post new ones from this list we compiled I think it's gonna be fun. We are excited!!!!!!

so I hope anyone who can will join us and we talked about the 6 duplicate (same thing) verus my 4-6 not duplicated style and we decided that's the plan from here on out. All my swaps will be that they do NOT have to be exact in each spot. I myself love the freedom to create and not have to worry about duplicating. I'm new to shading and blending of inks and it bothers me worring about them all being alike. with the freedom to show design I enjoy it so much better and I can use up my left over supplies instead of storing them (which becomes a mess in itself) so I want you to know your freedom to create and enjoy the process is wide open for ALL my swaps. I'm also comfortable with this in that we both create for each swap and I usually end up being able to send you back more than you are expecting and I love doing that (its fun for me) each of you have always been happy, surprized and thankful so I see no reason to change anything.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #88
Die Cut Diva

NSMAC1 thanks for your comment, I don't know about anyone else but I just don't have room or organization to store packages with a little of this and a little of that with no plan to use them up, seems wasteful to me I needed a outlet to use them and my neighbor actually came up with the orginal idea of let them be different!

I had not thought of it but you are right who knows except me if I see 4 of the same or 4 slightly different? Every artist or crafter I've experienced here on SCS has always sent very profession, quaility work, excellent materials, and something I am proud to recieve. so I don't think anyone misses out in any way. If you aren't happy just PM me I'm sure I can get you to a happy place! If something is posted by someone and your heart is set on wanting it just PM me I'll do my very best for you.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #89
Die Cut Diva

recv'd crabs in mail today they are so cute even better than the picture that was posted. thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #90
Die Cut Diva

they arrived and WOW what a awesome job you did I like them both and can't pick a favorite! I was amazed you are sooooo gooood everything arriving is great stuff you ladies really know your stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayes1 View Post
My twinchies went postal today
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
they arrived and WOW what a awesome job you did I like them both and can't pick a favorite! I was amazed you are sooooo gooood everything arriving is great stuff you ladies really know your stuff

WOW!!! That was quick, glad you like them, neither one came out as I had pictured or sketched or them, but I like these better.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

subbing
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #93
Mad Swapper

I'm glad they don't all have to be the same. I may not get enough blue parrot feathers and may still need to use some of the brown ones I got.

Quote:
NSMAC1 thanks for your comment, I don't know about anyone else but I just don't have room or organization to store packages with a little of this and a little of that with no plan to use them up, seems wasteful to me I needed a outlet to use them and my neighbor actually came up with the orginal idea of let them be different!

I had not thought of it but you are right who knows except me if I see 4 of the same or 4 slightly different? Every artist or crafter I've experienced here on SCS has always sent very profession, quaility work, excellent materials, and something I am proud to recieve. so I don't think anyone misses out in any way. If you aren't happy just PM me I'm sure I can get you to a happy place! If something is posted by someone and your heart is set on wanting it just PM me I'll do my very best for you.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #94
Die Cut Diva

I can't hear anymore!!!! you took his blue feathers and left his life colorless!!!!!!! for shame on you what's a parrot without blue or green feathers?? he'll be laughed at and shun by all the other parrots. He may even pick up dirty words! does he talk? how old is this poor colorless parrot?

Quote:
I'm glad they don't all have to be the same. I may not get enough blue parrot feathers and may still need to use some of the brown ones I got.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #95
Mad Swapper

Bahahhah ya he's lucky I haven't plucked all his beautiful feathers of course I could try gluing some of the brown ones I have onto him heehee. It does talk not sure if it swears yet lmao not sure how old he is either... All I know is I wish he shed his feathers faster Bahahahaha.

Quote:
I can't hear anymore!!!! you took his blue feathers and left his life colorless!!!!!!! for shame on you what's a parrot without blue or green feathers?? he'll be laughed at and shun by all the other parrots. He may even pick up dirty words! does he talk? how old is this poor colorless parrot?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Bahahhah ya he's lucky I haven't plucked all his beautiful feathers of course I could try gluing some of the brown ones I have onto him heehee. It does talk not sure if it swears yet lmao not sure how old he is either... All I know is I wish he shed his feathers faster Bahahahaha.
They sure are pretty birds, but they live sooo long. What have you used his feathers for in the past?

We used to frequent a pet store, my sons more than me, the store had a parrot "Annie" she got to the point when my youngest would walk in the store she would yell "hello Trevor"
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #97
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayes1 View Post
They sure are pretty birds, but they live sooo long. What have you used his feathers for in the past?

We used to frequent a pet store, my sons more than me, the store had a parrot "Annie" she got to the point when my youngest would walk in the store she would yell "hello Trevor"
Oh that's so sad that the parrot was at the pet store so long awhhhh.

I haven't used this guys feathers before because the girl that owns him just started working with me less than two months ago.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #98
Hardware Hotshot

My package is already to mail. I will post again once it is on its way.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh that's so sad that the parrot was at the pet store so long awhhhh.

I haven't used this guys feathers before because the girl that owns him just started working with me less than two months ago.
oh it wasn't like that with the parrot, he was the owners bird, he wasn't for sale, the owner had the bird that lived there and then he had a dog that he brought to work with him every day, while the store was open the bird was out of the cage, he had a big area around the (huge) cage that had perches and objects for her at different levels.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #100
Die Cut Diva

Parrot story!!! lol, got to share this....this morning we were going to church and our little group conists of 5 ladies age range from 59 to 88 so bunch old ladies!!!! I was in car heading home in back seat with my 80 yr old neighbor. she asks whats new so I told her about teasing you yesterday about the parrot feathers....(sometimes she has hearing problems, also picture a strict nunley woman when she gets serious) ok so I told her he wasn't shedding as much as hoped. she must have heard he was shedding, so she gets unusally quiet and right before we turned in parking lot she says so seriously that maybe she could help the parrot. I thinking help him do what? well she goes on to explain if i get his measurements she might be able to knit him a sweater to keep him warm during winter months until spring arrives and his feathers can grow back!!!!!!

I about wet myself I laughed so hard I was holding my sides with tears, it was the visual in my mind of the parrot strutting about in a knitted sweater!!!!!!! I was dying from laughter. of course she didn't understand what was so funny and gave me that stern nun look and she makes this tsk tsk sound before she goes all serious so you know its comming! so then she says what color do you think he'd like? again I totally lost it I was crying I laughed so hard. not believing her to be serious I said why not a coat of many colors like Jacob wore in bible? she looks at me says.....Well I will have to go to the material store! I hurt so much and cried tears I laugh so hard for 1/2 hour and still cracking up everytime I think of this mornings conversation (lol) I shall never be the same or view parrots without laughing my butt off!!!!!!!

just picture that visual in your mind.... lol
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

goodness---how funny. I would have been laughing and snorting like crazy, my makeup would have been all over my face. That is just to funny
Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #102
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Parrot story!!! lol, got to share this....this morning we were going to church and our little group conists of 5 ladies age range from 59 to 88 so bunch old ladies!!!! I was in car heading home in back seat with my 80 yr old neighbor. she asks whats new so I told her about teasing you yesterday about the parrot feathers....(sometimes she has hearing problems, also picture a strict nunley woman when she gets serious) ok so I told her he wasn't shedding as much as hoped. she must have heard he was shedding, so she gets unusally quiet and right before we turned in parking lot she says so seriously that maybe she could help the parrot. I thinking help him do what? well she goes on to explain if i get his measurements she might be able to knit him a sweater to keep him warm during winter months until spring arrives and his feathers can grow back!!!!!!

I about wet myself I laughed so hard I was holding my sides with tears, it was the visual in my mind of the parrot strutting about in a knitted sweater!!!!!!! I was dying from laughter. of course she didn't understand what was so funny and gave me that stern nun look and she makes this tsk tsk sound before she goes all serious so you know its comming! so then she says what color do you think he'd like? again I totally lost it I was crying I laughed so hard. not believing her to be serious I said why not a coat of many colors like Jacob wore in bible? she looks at me says.....Well I will have to go to the material store! I hurt so much and cried tears I laugh so hard for 1/2 hour and still cracking up everytime I think of this mornings conversation (lol) I shall never be the same or view parrots without laughing my butt off!!!!!!!

just picture that visual in your mind.... lol
OMG OMG OMG that is the funniest thing EVER bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahh ah now if I dont get enough feathers to make for the swap I'll definately have to use one of the ones I do have and make an extra twinchie for her bahahahahahahahah wow that make me LOL and my husband is looking at me like I'm crazy.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #103
Die Cut Diva

i'll be chuckling for the rest of the week!!!!! and IF she asks me to take her to fabric store I'll lose it all over again. I cried I hurt so much from laughing I haven't laugh like that in so long felt so good I just knew I had to share that with you don't worry about making extra one she gets my extra one already and I make just like the rest of you so I get to swap. works great. of course every time I look at that piece i'll laugh. she was so sincere and thoughtful was what got me I never dreamed of such a response , and she never got I'm teasing you! OMG what a day!!!!

thanks so much you help make my day also. I just hope she forgets at some point or I gotta explain

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG that is the funniest thing EVER bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahh ah now if I dont get enough feathers to make for the swap I'll definately have to use one of the ones I do have and make an extra twinchie for her bahahahahahahahah wow that make me LOL and my husband is looking at me like I'm crazy.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #104
Hardware Hotshot

Linda I mailed my package to you this morning.
DC# 0311 0820 0000 1469 0876
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Linda your neighbor sounds so cool! That is my plan for retirement: drive my son nuts and have lots of fun crafting!

Hope you are all having a great week. ttfn
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #106
Die Cut Diva

Cool, be careful about the driving son nuts, they can always move away
thus taking any grand children with them. more fun to just spoil the grandkids and let the parents deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
Linda your neighbor sounds so cool! That is my plan for retirement: drive my son nuts and have lots of fun crafting!

Hope you are all having a great week. ttfn
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #107
Die Cut Diva

thank you will be watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasyaya View Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #108
Die Cut Diva

****SPECIAL PROMOTION**** anyone signing up by friday for the rinchies will receive a special gift just for trying something new the ladies already there I got you covered and something special will come your way for being brave & bold & first without reservations!!!!

rinchie is a 2 inch circle instead of square, your mind will tell you it looks like more design space but we know better they are great as center focal on a card or as an additional embellishment to scrapbook pages. very beautiful fancy ones work great as a pin just put a pin back on it!!!!! makes wonderful little gift tags also. maybe ink your edges and design from inside out very cute with designs that run off the circle like little butterflies flying away from center!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #109
Mad Swapper

Ive been telling my friends this story and everyone is busting a gut laughing so hard.

Quote:
i'll be chuckling for the rest of the week!!!!! and IF she asks me to take her to fabric store I'll lose it all over again. I cried I hurt so much from laughing I haven't laugh like that in so long felt so good I just knew I had to share that with you don't worry about making extra one she gets my extra one already and I make just like the rest of you so I get to swap. works great. of course every time I look at that piece i'll laugh. she was so sincere and thoughtful was what got me I never dreamed of such a response , and she never got I'm teasing you! OMG what a day!!!!

thanks so much you help make my day also. I just hope she forgets at some point or I gotta explain
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #110
Die Cut Diva

got them today. wow love them so awesome

Quote:
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #111
Die Cut Diva

She's not been feeling well this week so I think she's forgot she needs to go to the fabric store !!! lol chuckling. it was so sweet and innocent but I still get tickled thinking of it.

Quote:
Ive been telling my friends this story and everyone is busting a gut laughing so hard.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #112
Hardware Hotshot

Linda so glad they arrived and that you like them. I always worry when swapping with a new Hostess that what I come up with won't be what she had in mind.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #113
Die Cut Diva

funny, when I started "hostessing" here because of encouragement from another hostess I was so worried and not sure what to expect BUT I have very quickly come to learn that the swappers here at SCS are a extremily talented bunch of creative artists. I have seen nothing but quality work!!!!!

so now I don't even think about it. I do worry if what I think of as swaps are do-able? Just because I can see it doesn't mean I can get someone else to see the vision. It's a constant challege to try and find something "different" I don't want to be just "another card or another recipe" and I really an concerned that the creative artists have fun. To me if you enjoy it then your creativity shows in the work. I've received things I know was a passion of the artist (it showed)

I loved your work and hope you will join me as often as you can. my next swap to post is going to be interesting to say least and hopefully those who take on the challenge will be amazing! I've been giving clues on 2 other threads the paper dolls and the animals threads we've got a contest going on to quess the theme! those 2 threads are in competetion to be first to discover the theme

I can't post it until I can complete the recipes due next friday and most likely are all here so maybe early but I decided to offer big prize to slueth who could quess the theme by way of clues! been interesting we are on clue #6 and I thought it might have been discovered before now. one swapper is very close.....

I too am a big believer in small numbers of 4 and NOT exactly alike so you are more free to create. great way to use up scraps and keep them under control!

Quote:
Linda so glad they arrived and that you like them. I always worry when swapping with a new Hostess that what I come up with won't be what she had in mind.

Last edited by lindac007; 01-26-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #114
Mad Swapper

Got my vintage images printed now to go play and see if my "idea' looks as good on paper....
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Got my vintage images printed now to go play and see if my "idea' looks as good on paper....
I have wanted to try 'vintage'. Where do you find images, do you have a favorite site?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #116
Mad Swapper

Honestly just googled vintage lady and browsed lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #117
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Honestly just googled vintage lady and browsed lol.
That's it???? YEAH!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #118
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffie_00us View Post
That's it???? YEAH!
Yup, once I get logged into laptop ill show pic of one I used.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #119
Mad Swapper

Quote:
She's not been feeling well this week so I think she's forgot she needs to go to the fabric store !!! lol chuckling. it was so sweet and innocent but I still get tickled thinking of it.
Oh hope she's feeling better!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #120
Die Cut Diva

thanks I'm hearing from some of swappers in my threads they are down sick also must be this wierd weather. she's got cold but at her age its also serious. I am a diabetic and same here when I'm sick I'm very sick.

the neighborhood has discovered she's sick and folks and kids been bringing by food and get well cards to her I've spent most of this week over at her place helping out. I laughed last night I commented on so much food and her not eating much. she says thats ok , we'll freeze it and I won't cook rest of the month. I got to thinking I'd sure like that not worrying what to cook each day she's loving the visits and cards from kids! great so many people realized she is missing and checked on her. I didn't realize it but she has a regular daily walking route!!!!! her physical shape for her age is amazing. I couldn't do it.

we've had temps in 60's one day and 2 days later freezing temps and snow its just been so strange for weeks. strange winter this year tornado's in december ????

those vintage searches are great there is a lot out there. I also add printable vintage paper and you get lots of great stuff.I really think vintage is harder than most other categories myself I really appreciate seeing folks tackling those tough categories. I say tough because its not just the content but the look as well. I like it best (one of my favorites) but more time consuming I think

Quote:
Oh hope she's feeling better!!!

Last edited by lindac007; 02-04-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Closed Thread