Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

those are awesome!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

...Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands....and then eat just one of the pieces....hmmm....they look like inchies!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #203
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
I re-size the photos (downloaded from the net to a word document) in word---just drag it over, click on the image, click on size, and use 1" as the width or length. I fill a page with images & print them on matte photo paper---it's Staples brand & this week you can get a pack of 50 sheets for free with an Easy Rebate. It's almost cardstock wgt. & takes the ink & colors well. The text was actually cut from the trashy paperback I bought for 25 cents. Here's the link to the paper: StaplesŪ Photo Supreme Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Double Sided Matte, 50/Pack | StaplesŪ
You just edit the size in word?? Well heck I can do that!! I was expecting this big complicated photoshop cropping etc etc lol I'm glad I asked!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Sabrina...was looking at your blog....pretty pretties I tell ya...speaking of nail art...I saw on your blog....I told my hb ...hey I could do nail art on these inchins you know! Great minds think alike....he teases me because I take pictures of some of the bikers bikes and always say ...wouldn't that make great nail art!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #205
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp View Post
Sabrina...was looking at your blog....pretty pretties I tell ya...speaking of nail art...I saw on your blog....I told my hb ...hey I could do nail art on these inchins you know! Great minds think alike....he teases me because I take pictures of some of the bikers bikes and always say ...wouldn't that make great nail art!
I'm terrible at up keeping my blog my Facebook pages are more current but thank you and yes I think the same way lol
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #206
Glitter Guru

Where's my inchie makers tonight?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #207
October Swapper of the Month 2012

This one is working on another swap to get it finished so she can start being an inchie maker.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #208
Pearl-ExPert

Just finished up two swaps - have one more to go and then there is nothing but inches on my plate! Right now I am in the idea gathering stage and loving it!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #209
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

I'm here. It's another lovely day. And I know I will live to regret it by saying this, but I don't know what has happened to winter. It's usually days of rain, real cold, or the week or two of snow. It's mild to most winter seasons. But I am indoors, working on ideas for inchie time, checking out the puter for ideas and I have to leave and get some work done around the house. I cleaned my kitchen yesterday, but have to tackle my kitchen table and declutter. Sarcastic dtr. said to me today, "you mean there's a table under there. I thought it was the dumping station." No just crafting bits and pieces.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #210

We went Estate Saling today. I saw a book that I wanted the cover off of. It was a coffee table type book so was expensive, and I didn't like the book itself, but the cover had little pictures of all the stuff in the book. BEAUTIFUL stuff. They wouldn't let me have the cover. Pooh! It would have been perfect for inches.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #211
Glitter Guru

Lara is coming over tonight which motivates me greatly to clean up some of my "dump station." I joined the stick/hat pin swap. My mind is whirling on that one for now...not sure if I will inch or pin...hmmm
Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #212
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
We went Estate Saling today. I saw a book that I wanted the cover off of. It was a coffee table type book so was expensive, and I didn't like the book itself, but the cover had little pictures of all the stuff in the book. BEAUTIFUL stuff. They wouldn't let me have the cover. Pooh! It would have been perfect for inches.
I love using books for inspiration/materials!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #213

I do too. I have lots of very old books, and don't mind a bit cutting them up.
I use music books or anything. The first time my son saw something I had made out of a music book page he almost fainted. He is a librarian and a musician. I think he thought I had committed the unpardonable sin by cutting it up.
He is over it now. I told him I was giving that old book a new life rather than letting someone put it in the trash. Music makes such pretty things.......
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #214

You know, I follow all these posts and thoroughly enjoy the chatter and the learning curve I get from them. But sometimes, I think I am just an actor in these games. Everyone has these stashes of books, materials, supplies of all sorts, and I sit here and wonder how I manage to compete with all of you. I don't have the accessories you seem to have and steals of sales are not the norm here, so I watch my pennies when I want some bling or thing. And then I wonder whether it is lack of imagination on my part. Or maybe it's old age creeping in and I can't admit it. LOL. But most of all I enjoy the comraderie among the many. Keep up the good work ladies. You are an inspiration to us all.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #215
Swapper of the Month November 2012

I think I did better when I had less stuff to play with. I've been collecting stuff since the 80's and now it's so overwhelming that I either forget what I have or most of the time where it is. A big problem is I can't resist a good sale.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #216
Insane Embellisher

I am about to take advantage of my daughter's newly acquired skill of sleeping and am going to Inch it up!

And Norma, I think less is more. Most of my stuff is still packed up so I'm challenging myself to create with what I have on hand. I think it pushes you to be even more creative!

Happy Inching!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by normat View Post
You know, I follow all these posts and thoroughly enjoy the chatter and the learning curve I get from them. But sometimes, I think I am just an actor in these games. Everyone has these stashes of books, materials, supplies of all sorts, and I sit here and wonder how I manage to compete with all of you. I don't have the accessories you seem to have and steals of sales are not the norm here, so I watch my pennies when I want some bling or thing. And then I wonder whether it is lack of imagination on my part. Or maybe it's old age creeping in and I can't admit it. LOL. But most of all I enjoy the comraderie among the many. Keep up the good work ladies. You are an inspiration to us all.
Norma, I have never seen anything you have made that makes me think you are "just an actor". The very idea! You do beautiful things, and you have plenty of imagination.
And there isn't any such thing as "competing" as far as I am concerned. I think we are just playing together, learning from each other, and getting to know special friends who have the same interests. When the "competition" starts, I am outta here!
I have so much stuff that I have collected over the years that I can hardly get around in my craft room, and still find myself buying what I need for a project. So don't feel bad about not having "stuff". And I am probably older than you, so don't use that either. You have inspired me many times and I am sure lots of others feel the same way.
You rock!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #218

Quote:
Norma, I have never seen anything you have made that makes me think you are "just an actor". The very idea! You do beautiful things, and you have plenty of imagination.
And there isn't any such thing as "competing" as far as I am concerned. I think we are just playing together, learning from each other, and getting to know special friends who have the same interests. When the "competition" starts, I am outta here!
I have so much stuff that I have collected over the years that I can hardly get around in my craft room, and still find myself buying what I need for a project. So don't feel bad about not having "stuff". And I am probably older than you, so don't use that either. You have inspired me many times and I am sure lots of others feel the same way.
You rock!
Nicely said, Mrs McC!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #219
Swapper of the Month September 2012

waving hello... I have a great start on my inchies... to make it easier to decide I'm making ABC inchies...topic choice begins with Aa... basket of apples, B... butterfly, C... coffee, D... dessert...
I'm going to have to go back and add extra embellishments but I am as far as E for Eeyore.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #220
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaporte View Post
waving hello... I have a great start on my inchies... to make it easier to decide I'm making ABC inchies...topic choice begins with Aa... basket of apples, B... butterfly, C... coffee, D... dessert...
I'm going to have to go back and add extra embellishments but I am as far as E for Eeyore.
Oh, I love Eeyore!! Winnie-the-Pooh was my favorite book when I was a kid. I read it so many times my teacher had to tell me to stop checking it out! So then I would check out "World of Pooh", which was Winnie-the-Pooh and House at Pooh Corner bound in the same book. I was a happy camper!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #221

Mrs. McC you always have such nice things to say. And how old did you say you were? LOL. In one more year (2013) I will officially become an elderly person, according to those young whipper-snappers of news media.
Actually anyone who has hit 60 is looked on as elderly. So I guess I've been old for a very long time. I really object to that. As I say, what goes around comes around. I think I need to dig out a few more boxes and see if I have some forgotten "stuff". Sybil you are a peach and I love working with you.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #222
Pearl-ExPert

Have cut the backings! Now to decide what to create - WTP characters are perfect for inches!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #223
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

I've seen tons of greeting cards created by using usually 3 inches they also make great emebllishments on scrapbook pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp View Post
just looking at my recent mag...CardMaker....it has Inchies in it!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #224
Glitter Guru

I guess in the midwest there is such a plethora of "junk" (thrift stores, rummage sales, etc) it seems there is a never ending amount of stuff. I agree whole heartedly that more is not always more. After years of not having an official space and then having my own art room, I find I spend more time looking for my stuff more than than making stuff. And the sad thing is it's not because it's unorganized, it is because of the shear volume. I have that "but I might need that syndrome."
Last night I forced myself to use up this scrap of a collage sheet. It definitely made me push my creativity! Norma, don't ever think your work doesn't measure up! From all of the hosting I have done I have seen a lot of your work. You make awesome stuff!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #225
Glitter Guru

********PRIZE ALERT**************
SOME OF MY FAVORITE INCHIES ARE FUNNY OR SNARKY! BE THE FIRST TO POST ONE OF YOUR INCHIES ON THE THREAD FOR A PRIZE!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #226

Smile

I want to win!!! Here's my contribution to funny/snarky inchies. I will post these in my gallery too.
Attached Thumbnails
funny-inchies.jpg  

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #227
Matboard Maniac

I am looking and thinking about this swap.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #228

Paulette, you win! Whether you get a prize or not. You amaze me.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiueno View Post
Have cut the backings! Now to decide what to create - WTP characters are perfect for inches!
Ummm. I am going to display my ignorance and say "what's WTP?"
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #230

Quote:
Ummm. I am going to display my ignorance and say "what's WTP?"
Winnie the Pooh.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #231
Pearl-ExPert

Park slide - those are the best! Cannot wait to see more!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #232
Mad Swapper

Send a message via ICQ to pamper1 Send a message via AIM to pamper1

I haven't made inchies but it sounds like fun. I like to make ATC cards and belong to a swap. Tell me something about the inchies: Do you send each one seperate or do you put them on a card?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #233

Quote:
Winnie the Pooh.
Oh, yeah. OK.

Next time I am going to send a PM to you so nobody else will know how goofy I am.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #234
Swapper of the Month - October 2013

Quote:
I want to win!!! Here's my contribution to funny/snarky inchies. I will post these in my gallery too.
Omgosh I love the Buttocks one!!
He he he he he..
he he.

And I got a super great prize today (I just got to the post office), thank you so much Dena! It is a fabulous and inspirational dish and will be on my desk as soon as I can make a hole! lol.

And as for the topic of supplies, I agree with everyone! I horde supplies and have used so few of them... There's just so much its overwhelming sometimes. And the biggest inspiration that I get is from none of those supplies. Its from leftover bits and pieces and so many things that would be junk, and things up-cycled and reused. My fave inchies from the last swap I was in were made from the leftover negative peices from punches.

There's a plethora of free supplies if you broaden your definition of supplies.
Kleenex boxes, free mags and pamphlets, junk mail, product packages, broken things like jewelry-pursues and totes-hair accessories-electronics,old calendars, and of course if I get something like a gift basket or cards, after they're displayed for a while-if they're not keepsakes, they get up-cycled. And as for sales, the best ones are post holiday, and most places have those.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #235
Swapper of the Month - October 2013

And I'm guessing this is stuff that everyone already does, maybe I just need to make sure I'm not the only obsessively crazy one!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #236
Swapper of the Month - December 2013

I agree!! Have a roomful. Got over 60 inches made and haven't had to shop yet. Things just keep popping out of drawers and closets. Magazines were an inspiration today, ya never know what yer gonna find. Keep those punches handy.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #237

I am finishing the last swap that is due before the inchies. When I am done with them, I am going to start whooping out the inchies. But my goal is to do all of them with what whatever I have already, and not buy a single thing. I am up for that challenge.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #238
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy scrapping View Post
I am looking and thinking about this swap.
Would love to have you join!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #239
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Ok, butt face wins!! Lol good one! Great group!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #240
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamper1 View Post
I haven't made inchies but it sounds like fun. I like to make ATC cards and belong to a swap. Tell me something about the inchies: Do you send each one seperate or do you put them on a card?
They are all sent seperate so they can be swapped out. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would have. Let me know if you decide to join.
Closed Thread