Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default closed and postal now **NEW/OPEN INCHIES due 10/31

*** Inchies Again! Swap due 10-31-12***

Name of Swap: Inchies Again!

Description: Inchies 1x1 Quantity: This will be an 6+1 swap (you will not get one of your own back)The plus 1 is for hostess (me) thanks much!

* ** Please make these with at least 1 layer of chipboard or 2 layers of good quality card stock - no single layer Inchies please. Nothing is worse than a flimsy weak mangled little Inchie who's falling apart

Post#31***hello, Ladies I don't care if the inchies are all exactly alike as long as they are all the same theme in each spot!!! example nature: If I choose a flower but I create the flower using up pieces of paper so it may be color blue, green and orange as long as its same flower, that's ok. I don't mind if we are using up some of those bits and pieces of paper, ribbons, etc Does this make sense?? As long as the theme of the inchie (PER SPOT) is same I don't care if the inchie is exactly same. Does this help out some with misc pieces laying around? sometimes we may have a lovely little charm but not 6 of them or cute little button but not 6 of them so it seems shame not to be able to use them! Is this ok with everyone!??

* At least one embellishment of any style or kind. glitter works also.

* Please put your real name on the back of your work along with whatever other information you would like.

Vendor products: NVR just be creative and do good job.

Requirements:
Standard size Inchie are 1 x 1, please use a good base cardstock and provide at least 2 layers. Please measure accurately!! ***If you sign up for two spots, please make a different set for each spot. This will help in making sure you don't get your own item back in either of your sets.***

Deadlines:
Due IN Hand: 10-31-12 That's Halloween!
These need to be in my hands no later than October 31st, I will swap within a week.

If you cannot commit to the swap PLEASE do not sign up, let those spots go to people who can, remember others are counting on getting your Inchies. And if you do need to back out, PLEASE let me know, and give me at least a week's notice before the swap ends so that I have time to find someone to fill your spot or do so myself.

ALL LATE ARRIVALS WILL BE RETURNED.

Mailing instructions: Place your items in a plastic zipper type bag prevent to possible water damage. Write your SCS name, real name, and swap name on the bag or on a piece of paper placed inside the baggie.

Include a SASE with at least the same amount of postage as it took to mail to me + 2 additional stamps NO metered strips!!! All unused postage will be returned.

When you are ready to mail, PM me for address ! Please check in periodically so that I know you are still participating and also post when you mail and receive your swap.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions....... PRIZES for 1st in each category and for 5th, 19th, 15th and anyone taking 2 spots! If there is a category you would like not listed I'm open to suggestions. Just let me know. I'm still in awe that so much can be done on inch of paper!

1 misslittlemouse **prize recd x4
2 Quilling Queen **prize recd x3
3 Quilling Queen

Junk drawer (your choice)
1 Christy71 ** prize recvd x2
2 Misslittlemouse

Holidays
1 Christy71 **prize
2 Arym Nna ** prize recd x1

Nature (all things natural)
1 busy scrapping **prize recd x1
2 Quilling Queen **prize

mailing address:

Linda carter
8302-2 Vermissa CT
Louisville Ky 40222

These little inchies have so many uses. I use them to make Jewerly. They make cute pendants on chain or pins. Make great Christmas presents.

Who's ready to inchie????? See SCS gallery search "inchie" for amazing examples. Most of all, have fun!

Last edited by lindac007; 11-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: postal
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

subbing for now, I have never made an inchie before...I need to experiment before i commit....
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
subbing for now, I have never made an inchie before...I need to experiment before i commit....

check out the SCS gallery, you can search just enter inchie they are amazing!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Swapper of the Month November 2012

This swap is very similar to the Inchie Swap Joyce (Jmaraul) posted in the Spring: ***Postal*** Inchies Again! Swap due 4-18-12*** .
Old 08-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
This swap is very similar to the Inchie Swap Joyce (Jmaraul) posted in the Spring: ***Postal*** Inchies Again! Swap due 4-18-12*** .

yes, it's just like it. She taught me what inchies and twinchies are and with her guidance I made my first ones!!! It was the hardest idea I had such a time understanding she answered tons of questions for me and gave me examples. I've been trying to pro-fect the process and I think I've really come to like them very much. That lady has wonderful patience and teaching skills. It was because of her encouragement and guidnce I hosted my first swap!!!

Is there a problem with another inchie swap? There are so many things one can do with them. I found them great for pins and necklaces. I also have used them as a basic in making some other types of embellishments for scrapbooks. I just figured maybe others like me could use some more.

the categories are different but she's great so I followed her format & style. I hope it goes well, I don't expect numbers like she draws but maybe a few anyway. I really appreciate folks who join my swaps as I'm relatively new to these swaps just completed hosting my 2nd and have 3rd due in one week. It's pain therapy for me and much less expensive than pain pills. Keeps my mind busy
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

anyone know why this was moved to atc? it's a other 3D item????? who moves them?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Yahoo to christy71
Lightbulb please add me in under HOLIDAYS and JUNK DRAWER please

Thank you so much, look forward to this swap!!!

My Blog ~My Slice Of Life~
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
anyone know why this was moved to atc? it's a other 3D item????? who moves them?
The mover...that would be me

Inchies, Twinchies and ATCs all fall into the ATC sub-forum cateogry. It's part of my job to move things that aren't "parked" in the right spot. No offense intended, it's just me, doing my job.

Good luck with your swap!

---------
Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
The mover...that would be me

Inchies, Twinchies and ATCs all fall into the ATC sub-forum cateogry. It's part of my job to move things that aren't "parked" in the right spot. No offense intended, it's just me, doing my job.

Good luck with your swap!
Great! Just learning the ropes here! How you doing? That's quite a big job these "moderater's" have, didn't realize all things you folks do to keep things in order. WOW, almost like having another full time job! Thanks for help and guidance its very much appreciated. I have to admitt again I've seen ATC's but never done one. so I never made that connection.

Thanks for the luck wish, I'll need it. Folks may not be up to inching any more but I needed some for Christmas jewerly gifts and decided this might be the best way to go since I can't get out much anymore due to health issues. Can't just go shopping like I would have once upon time. But to borrow from the Army commericials "I only need a few good creative people to make it happen"
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy71 View Post

Thank you for joining! I got you down and look forward to seeing your creations. Aren't these inchies amazing? If you need anything let me know. ENJOY
Old 08-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy71 View Post

Christy I went to your blog, wow, Tim Holtz huh! I've come to be a fan of his because for a "guy" he really knows how to create and invent. I've read lot about him and decided he's gonna go far in this lifetime. Amazing man, sounds like you had such a wonderful time.

My neighbor took me this spring to a stamp show it was pretty awesome! I was so tired don't know how folks can survive a whole day must be the excitement of the adventure. I bought my first distress inks after watching a demo (several times)then I got offered chance to work for a day in exchange for products. I learnt a lot. The booth owner was older person also and showed me all kinds neat tricks to stamps and inks. I really like them.

you have a beautiful blog. colorful and very educational as well. Great job!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

Wahoo!!! Please put me down for 1 spot in "games," 1 in "food," and 1 in "junk drawer."
This is gonna be fun.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
Wahoo!!! Please put me down for 1 spot in "games," 1 in "food," and 1 in "junk drawer."
This is gonna be fun.
Now that's the spirit!!!Welcome and got you down. Thanks for joining us you sound like a veteran inchie maker!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #14
Die Cut Diva

I just put in a order for some tini tiny pieces for inches so I will be watching mail for them so I can get started!!!!! I go through this process first an idea or two (often several) and I sketch them on paper like a pattern. then I weed through them for best idea. Then I check my supplies if I have majority of what I need then I go with it, if not sometimes I shop for just right pieces online and place order. If a lot of needed supplies are misssing I move to the runner up idea and check supplies for it. Then I create one, if it looks like what I had envisioned its a go I create all rest. If I don't like it start process over! that is why I set due dates out at least 30 to 45 days to allow for supply orders if necessary since most of my shopping is done online. I can't get out easily anymore.

what about you? have a particular process you follow to get creating? Looking for players.

Last edited by lindac007; 08-07-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
Matboard Maniac

Linda, why do you keep coming up with all these good swaps I want to join. I keep trying to cut back on swaps, lol.

Can I have a spot in pets, food and beauty/bath? Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
Linda, why do you keep coming up with all these good swaps I want to join. I keep trying to cut back on swaps, lol.

Can I have a spot in pets, food and beauty/bath? Thanks
Actually I said "what would a mouse like next?" and viola!! here you are lol thanks I love your work so very glad you are here. you do a very high quality job on your stuff. A Mouse with patience lol. welcome and your wish is my command
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
Stampin' Fool

Location: Just north of Seattle, WA, land of coffee, rain, and geeks!
Send a message via AIM to Jcicely Send a message via Yahoo to Jcicely

Subbing!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
Die Cut Diva

I have fat fingers! the best way to work with these is to master using tweezers LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #19
Pearl-ExPert

Linda, I just love doing inchies and ATCs. They are challenging and very rewarding when you "get it right."
BTW, where do you order your tiny, tiny pieces? I am always fascinated by the the mini bits on inchies that are not homemade.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
Linda, I just love doing inchies and ATCs. They are challenging and very rewarding when you "get it right."
BTW, where do you order your tiny, tiny pieces? I am always fascinated by the the mini bits on inchies that are not homemade.

I check out "charms" jewerly in various web searches. It's over whelming the stuff out there also I check under the term "kirsh mix" which is the colorful tiny charms from china that smaller girls make jewerly and hairbows with for couple dollars you get a mixed up sandwich bag full. sometimes there are 2 alike usually not. but lots of same "theme" like food you may have cake slice, cupcake, veggies and fruits and tiny hot dogs and etc.

but jwerely findings in general them "charms" does the trick. I'll try to locate couple sites and post address link. they are great for making altered tin boxes and attach to ribbons on greeting cards and sometimes a charm bracelett. I use them mostly for cards and tins. but got to thinking inchies would work also.

oh I forgot also check out "buttons" just twist the back off that you sew through and Joannes fabrics have plenty. any good fabric store has section and sometimes they clearance
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
Die Cut Diva

Hey folks, let's get serious a moment. Now sure what your fall plans are but there are other swaps of mine who could use some awesome folks like you! one is the paper dolls as card candy for cards, scrapbook pages, banners, gift tags they are great for all those uses! ends 10/31 but could use some wonderful creators like you! amount is again 3+1 so small quanity.

Then other is a scrapbook. altered tins, cards and etc that ends in mid-september. we've got quite a few but really would be fun with a few more folks! If you wanted to make a request for a type of scrapbook or tin we can probally do that request for you! so how about it? do you have time for one more? Remember, Christmas is less than 4 months away and the more you can make or swap for the better on your budget!

The American craft Association is already saying this Christmas will be the return of the old fashion Christmas gift giving where folks made much more than bought! Handmade always means more! wouldn't you prefer a nice handmade gift over a store item from most likely over seas manufactuer. Budgets are tight for many and maybe it's time we got back to the old fashion gift giving ways where you put time and thought into a handmade gift! Give it some thought I also have room to open 2 more swaps now so is there something you would like to see done? Please give feedback

Last edited by lindac007; 08-14-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
Die Cut Diva

check it out my favorite stamps site now has so many inchies sets it is amazing!!!
Home page the sets are in theme's like kitchen, animals, butter flies, babies (just a few) and they got an awesome new gallery showing use of those sets! price is $11.95 but there stamps have so much details and some are images and words!!! I see big order in my near future! I worked for them one year at a stamp convention for the weekend wonderful folks and for every $25 you spend you get a free stamp!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Matboard Maniac

Can you also add me to Junk Drawer I have a cute stamp I want to use. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Can you also add me to Junk Drawer I have a cute stamp I want to use. Thanks!

tis done! thanks
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva

been busy weekend. created 7 banners! will up load picture tomorrow. made a bracelett for grand daughter and created 4 cards for a swap. next weekend have a arts and craft show booth (first time in the town) hopes it is all they claimed!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #26
Matboard Maniac

I will start with nature-- a spider on its web.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #27
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy scrapping View Post
I will start with nature-- a spider on its web.

welcome and thanks for joining us! spiders, eek!!!!! thanks for advance warning now I know not to panic when I move papers and theres a spider.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
Die Cut Diva

I found cutest stamp to use today of taddy bear with a lipstick tube and another with power puff. think I use them in the beauty and bath. still trying to decide on the other categories I think I have one another figured out but not 100% sure yet. I ordered some little charms waiting for them to arrive should be this week then I will know what I'm doing
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
Insane Embellisher

I would like to give this a shot - This is my week to try something new...

2 spots in Pets
1 spot in Nature (for now)

Thanks
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #30
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post
I would like to give this a shot - This is my week to try something new...

2 spots in Pets
1 spot in Nature (for now)

Thanks

Welcome Heaher!!!! thanks for joining I posted some samples but check out the gallery in SCS for some extremily awesom examples (if needed) I like looking and magazines as inspiration! Gets my creative jucies flowing everytime! lol. anyway welcome and any questions just ask plenty of great crafters and artists and creators around this site we'll find answers
Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #31
Die Cut Diva

***hello, Ladies I don't care if the inchies are all exactly alike as long as they are all the same theme in each spot!!! example nature: If I choose a flower but I create the flower using up pieces of paper so it may be color blue, green and orange as long as its same flower, that's ok. I don't mind if we are using up some of those bits and pieces of paper, ribbons, etc Does this make sense?? As long as the theme of the inchie (PER SPOT) is same I don't care if the inchie is exactly same. Does this help out some with misc pieces laying around? sometimes we may have a lovely little charm but not 6 of them or cute little button but not 6 of them so it seems shame not to be able to use them! Is this ok with everyone!??

Last edited by lindac007; 08-27-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Old 09-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #32
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all. JCI.
Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
Matboard Maniac

Finished my set over the weekend.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Has anyone in this thread had any problems with virus messages from this site? we have discovered several folks have on another thread and want to see how many more may have had a message upon logging into SCS or into gallery area? Our virus checking programs have all quarrantine them so far, but how big of a problem is it (we are not sure) If you have where were you at when message appeared?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #35
Matboard Maniac

I haven't had any problems yet.

I got one set done.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #36
Insane Embellisher

Wow, inchies are harder than I thought!!! 1 inch is tiny to work with. Any suggestions for a newbie on what the best way to make then thick is?
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post
Wow, inchies are harder than I thought!!! 1 inch is tiny to work with. Any suggestions for a newbie on what the best way to make then thick is?

LOLOLOLOL That was my very comment back in April!!!!!!!!!!!! I just glued 2 pieces together for thickness. so I cut twice the number needed but put 2 pieces cardstock back to back. I also did some recently but the back was cardboard from a cereal box! worked very well any little cardboard box can supply many inchie squares. ***use tweezers!!!! I found that to be the best kept secret. my fingers are fat I couldn't see what I was doing!

Keep the first ones simple, and grow from there. I know the SCS gallery is so full of beautiful inchies but thats because it's been around a while and there are some extremly talented people out there and 1 inch of paper to them is like having a huge canvas in front of them. Not easy at first and it s a challenge BUT so worth it as they tend to grow on you. getting back my first ones was a eye opener, that's when light bulb went on for me! so hang in and take time and you'll get it and be glad you did.

use simple stamp or background paper and simple embellishment maybe some stickles or a jewel or tiny tad of glitter. Smooch and gel pens work great especially for a simple stamped item. anyone else have some advice for her?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #38
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I haven't had any problems yet.

I got one set done.

Hello miss littlemouse! have you done inchies before? just wandering?
Do you use them for cards or other projects
Old 09-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #39
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Hi Linda,
I'm subbing for now. I have several projects I've committed too but if I can get ahead a bit I may join.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #40
Matboard Maniac

Same address as animal swap?
Closed Thread