Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #841
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

No happy mail yesterday - maybe today. This means that they rest of the packages won't go out until after the holiday. So eat your turkey in peace and look forward to walking to the mailbox afterwards - we'll need the extra exercise. hee hee hee

While you're waiting, if you have a nomination for Swapper of the Month, please let me know. Who are you truly thankful for here on SCS? Send me a PM today!

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #842
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

My DD is coming home - today - for the Thanksgiving weekend, so I won't be online much at all until Monday. Therefore I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a

Happy THANKSGIVING!!!

I'll see you again next Monday.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 11-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #843

Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #844
Glitter Guru

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #845
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Enjoy the day everyone....I'm headed to your fine country today. If it were my tgiving however I would stay home with friends and family....
Old 11-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #846
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving gals. I'll be doing mine of Sunday.

---------
Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #847
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Happy Turkey Day!

Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #848
Pearl-ExPert

Have a great. Thanksgiving and count our blessings!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #849
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan7356 View Post

Happy Turkey Day!
I just LOVE that one of a turkey knitting!! Where did you get that one??
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #850
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And here is one I copied:

Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #851
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Who ate too much Thanksgiving dinner? Who got the best Black Friday Deals? Do you still have family visiting?

Happy Mail Alert from yesterday...

LabradorDork - your package has arrived safely.

Danielle - My husband happened to walk by yesterday as I was opening your package and he said "What did you say?"....When I opened your box my first response was "***She's good!" (I repeated myself and he just laughed) - These are excellent! I love the little frog & boots for April and the nautical theme for August - All three months are stellar. Then I opened the bag of ribbon....Squeeel!!! You dyed these, didn't you? Yum, yum, yum!! Thank you for the treat - I look forward to using them. I bought myself a large ball of cotton twine to dye after Christmas. (I'm still thinking about a dyed swap....) I'm inspired to play.

I'm swapping these out this morning, and most of the packages should go postal on Monday. We have one angel package heading my way for the last spot, so it won't be long now for the rest to be postal.

---------
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #852
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Good morning

Who ate too much Thanksgiving dinner? Who got the best Black Friday Deals? Do you still have family visiting?

Danielle - My husband happened to walk by yesterday as I was opening your package and he said "What did you say?"....When I opened your box my first response was "***She's good!" (I repeated myself and he just laughed) - These are excellent! I love the little frog & boots for April and the nautical theme for August - All three months are stellar. Then I opened the bag of ribbon....Squeeel!!! You dyed these, didn't you? Yum, yum, yum!! Thank you for the treat - I look forward to using them. I bought myself a large ball of cotton twine to dye after Christmas. (I'm still thinking about a dyed swap....) I'm inspired to play.

I'm swapping these out this morning, and most of the packages should go postal on Monday. We have one angel package heading my way for the last spot, so it won't be long now for the rest to be postal.
Ohhhh when these go out I will be triple excited, I get pats, clips and calendars oh my!!!!

And oh yeah about the questions, you can never eat too many veggies, and I don't east desserts so no worries there. I am really not into the whole black friday thing, I think it is all a farse. They run sales right up til Christmas. The only thing I did buy was a pair of shoes for me.

Last edited by Jabauer; 11-24-2012 at 04:37 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #853
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Who ate too much Thanksgiving dinner?

Well, um, isn't that what we are supposed to do?
Who got the best Black Friday Deals?

I didn't go out at all. Himself went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought a fishing reel for our grandson that he had been wanting. He had a coupon and it was on sale and he said he did really well. He was gone almost 2 hours, and bought one thing. He said for some reason it was crowded and they didn't have enough help. HHmmmmmm.

Do you still have family visiting?

No family here but us and the dogs.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #854
Glitter Guru

I don't do the Black Friday thing either. When my DD was younger I would do it, but now I have most of my Christmas shopping done long before that day. I have 3 gifts and stocking stuffers to buy and I'll be done. Today I have a hair appt, so may stop at a few stores if the parking lots are not too full. It's 36 here this morning so it feels more like holiday weather. Tonight DH and I are keeping our 2 grandsons, let the fun begin.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #855
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Family arrived about 7PM Thursday eve---our Thanksgiving meal was Italian this year: lasagna, salad, garlic bread, a cold veggie pizza and a fruit pizza. Strawberry Yum-yum for dessert. At 9PM we hit the "Gray Thursday" sales---1st stop American TV so I could get a new camera. Sale was already 1 hr. in when we got there. First had to follow the yellow tape on the floor to stand in a loooooooong line for cameras, GPSs, and misc. At the head of the line was a guy who made you wait until a sales guy was ready to show, explain your item. Our salesguy was named Conan and after he wrote up the order, he directed you to ANOTHER line where a woman with limited computer skills put your order into the computer ( her printer ran out of paper & then the computer crashed in the midst of inputting our data). More waiting while she called for tech support. After putting in the order, the computer showed "out of stock." More calls to verify and then a re-do of the $25 gift cert. reward for shopping on Gray Thursday. Conan assured us that the camera would be in within 4 days and he would call. Then on to Target---looking for men's fleece sleep pants. Found 2 pair of XLs left in the bin. When we got to checkout found out that these were the $18 ones. Left store and went home.

At midnight it was off to Boston Store for $60 boots on sale for $20. Got there as the doors opened and the stampede began. EVERYONE in Madtown wanted some of those boots. Pushing, shoving and all manner of hoarding ensued. My 15 yr. old granddaughter was crawling under the tables to find size 8's. She got a couple of blouses on clearance for $4. We also had a $10 off anything $10 or more coupon from the paper. We came home before 1:30 AM with 3 pairs of boots, 2 blouses and a hoodie. I am a veteran Black Friday shopper but either I'm getting too old or the hassle is just not worth it. Looks like you can get a lot of the same deals on line now.

Family will be driving back to Chicago later today to avoid the Sunday rush.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #856

I had bacon and eggs at Denny's.
Then I stood in a blizzard for two hours at target. I got a 50 inch flat screen tv for 300$
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #857
Kookie Creator

Very quiet Thanksgiving for us. Just us 5 - Michael deep fried a turkey breast. My smallest (and youngest by 3 minutes) had surgery on Monday. Adenoids and tonsils. He has never been a big eater and is in the 25% for weight (checking in at 20# less than his twin LOL), but this surgery has really slowed him down. I have been told that, once recovery is complete, his appetite may increase significantly (fingers crossed). No black Friday for me. I think the way the stores manipulate the public and the behavior of the masses is disturbing.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #858
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

We had some sale days up here too, as they tried to compete with the Malls in Washington. Didn't bother me, because we weren't in the market for anything. Great deal you got Jen, worth the effort I would say. We have Boxing Day sales after Christmas, but I am beyond that too. But we had dinner out and I had a really good visit with my mother and we wrote up her Christmas cards.
It is a gorgeous day outside and I have no idea where it came from, as we are in the middle of a storm system. But we are thankful, as are my dtr and DH, as they are out there putting up the Christmas lights. Usually it is done in the rain. LOL.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #859
Matboard Maniac

I ran over to M's and my US-LSS this morning and picked up a few things ... M's had 60% their flourishes plus an extra 20% of your whole order, of course the coupon wouldn't work and he had to scan my order 3 times to get my discount ... my LSS had 50% off quickcutz dies and single sheets of paper, I picked up a scalloped oval die and the new G45 month papers, I love them, just not sure what I'm going to do with them...
Old 11-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #860
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

I usually don't go out on Black Friday, but this year I went to a JoAnns that is about 1/4 mile from my house. I really got some things on sale (these things were for me!) and today, I went with a friend to a local Bead store that is closing after today.
Then after dinner, my DH & I will be going to Bass Pro Shop to hunt for jeans.
(I heard from a friend that there is a sale on jeans - $10 a pair.)
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #861

We went out for a few things today, were amazed that all the stores were so sparse. The specific things we wanted were "sold out" or we couldn't find the sizes we wanted etc. I suppose yesterday was a success for them. I came home and ordered a couple of things on line.
We can go next week and shop while everyone else is at work, and hopefully find the few things we need.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #862
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

WELL, the jeans were on sale for $10 yesterday - & weren't $10 today - back to normal price. Oh well!!
My DH got ink on his good pair of jeans - it can be covered by some sweaters, but I might get him a pair of new jeans for Christmas.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #863
Polyshrink Goddess

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Glad they made it! Thank you! August was a work in progress. First it was gonna be bithday themed since that's my birth month, then school, then apples, then beach...I don't even know where the nautical theme came from, rofl!

I did dye the ribbon and I'm so glad you like them! I went dye crazy. Then when I ran out of things to dye, I ordered more stuff and I'm still looking for where to find a bunch of clothespins for a good price, lol. I haven't tried the cotton twine yet. I think I've got a ball somewhere. I have a feeling I'll find it when I get out the Christmas decorations either tonight or tomorrow. I'd be all over a dye swap even if it wasn't until after the new year. Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it seems like I've got a list yaaaaaaaay big to fit into the rest of the year and most of it ain't fun

We didn't go anywhere on Black Friday, but I did do some online shopping! I've been stalking Amazon during all of my awake hours and I think my UPS guy will be rather busy in the next few weeks! I got a few QVC deals. Can't say just what, as "the dude" is a few feet away
Quote:
Good morning

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #864
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
I had bacon and eggs at Denny's.
Then I stood in a blizzard for two hours at target. I got a 50 inch flat screen tv for 300$
Wow! That's a good one. I did a little online click-n-shipping (and big screening ), but not that good!

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #865
SCS Swap Moderator

Good evening

Well, we had Thanksgiving dinner today and I am one full puppy! It was all good, and I have leftovers for the fellows to eat this week, so I won't have to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. Yay!

I did get the cards swapped in Groups 1, 2 3 & 5. The packages are ready to go to the post office tomorrow morning. I'll post a list of what gets mailed tomorrow. The last group is waiting on an angel package to arrive. the cards are ready and will be mailed asap after it arrives.

---------
Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #866
Compulsive Stamper

What are leftovers???? I fixed the chicken & noodles for the family dinner (12 pounds of noodles), green beans and strawberry pretzel dessert. I knew our youngest and her 4 boys would be here in the evening so I cooked a turkey and a 9x13 of dressing, two pumpkin pies and cinnamon pretzels. When they left so did the turkey, 1 pie, the noodles, green beans and the pretzels. The boys had been playing football after lunch and she said they would be hungry when they got home. Left us with 1 pie and a little of the strawberry dessert.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #867
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:
Good evening

Well, we had Thanksgiving dinner today and I am one full puppy! It was all good, and I have leftovers for the fellows to eat this week, so I won't have to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. Yay!

I did get the cards swapped in Groups 1, 2 3 & 5. The packages are ready to go to the post office tomorrow morning. I'll post a list of what gets mailed tomorrow. The last group is waiting on an angel package to arrive. the cards are ready and will be mailed asap after it arrives.
Joyce... rest well. You deserve it.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #868

Good Morning Friends!

Have a TERRIFIC Day…
even though it IS Monday!

... ... ... ...

Today is Cyber Monday,
Shopping Reminder Day,
National Cake Day,
and Charles Shultz’s Birthday.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us get to work ON TIME!

Bob had this problem of getting up late in the morning and was always late for work. After a few weeks of this, his boss was mad and threatened to fire him if he didn't do something about it.

So Bob went to his doctor, who gave him a pill and told him to take it before he went to bed. He got a great night's sleep and actually beat the alarm in the morning. After a leisurely breakfast, he cheerfully drove to work.

"Boss," he said, "The pill my doctor subscribed me actually worked!"

"That's all fine," said the boss, "But where were you yesterday?"

Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #869
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

I have returned from the post office - Happy Mail is postal!

The following packages went out in today's mail - Please let me know when it arrives at your house.

prairiejen
QueenOfInkland
mrslaporte
Forest Ranger
kraftykay
paper73
SybilMcC
LabradorDork
mauiueno
texasyaya
CandyHaz
parknslide
Bethyblue
mcbeth54

The last twelve packages will go out when the angel package arrives this week. Thanks for your patience!

---------
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #870

YAY!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #871
Forum Fanatic

I received my jumbo pkg of calendars, clips and PATs.
I have my calendar assembled and ready to go.
Great job everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #872

Is that my name at the top of that list????
So excited..............
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #873
Pearl-ExPert

Mahalo Joyce - you created a wonderful swap!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #874

Ooohh, I am excited too. So looking forward to all that beautiful artwork.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #875
Glitter Guru

I'll start stalking the mailman.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #876
Crimping Master

I came home from our annual Georgia Thanksgiving trip to my lovely calendars!

Bride, i love the sparkly snowman~it will make January less dreary
MamaAce, your February card is adorable! Love the G clef!
normat, your leprechaun made me smile, adore the gold coins!
Cloudia, the owl in the raincoat & hat is, a hoot (sorry, couldn't help it) as cute as can be!
Sherry_Lynn, your May card is sunny and fresh-feeling! i dig the button flower
Jabauer,too sweet! the birdhouse is perfect!
elizabethanne, great July card! very patriotic & sparkly
Joan7356, great work on August...feels like a late summer afternoon
kraftykay, nice job on September-you nailed it!
CherryLime, I love the October card-simply fabulous!
paper73, your December card is as sweet as candy canes
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #877
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

The angel package arrived yesterday and I have swapped out the last 12 packages. They are going postal this morning!

We are all swapped out - Yay!

If anyone has any questions about the calendar base, please let me know. I would suggest (for the first timers), that you put the ring "knuckle" on the underneath side of the calendar base so the opening is on the top of the calendar. Also, after you get the base assembled, some red liner tape will keep is secure perfectly. I didn't add that because some of you may have other preferences and may want to decorate your base before assembly.

Thanks for making this a fun swap for me - the calendars are terrific! Enjoy.

---------
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #878

Good Morning Friends!

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

... ... ... ...

Today is Pins and Needles Day,
National Day of Listening, (say what???)
National Bavarian Cream Pie Day,
Solemn Day,
and Electric Guitar Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us to stay out of alligator-infested water!

While sports fishing off Melbourne Beach, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft. Spotting an old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted, "Are there any gators around here?!"

"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain't been around for years!"

"Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore. About halfway there he asked the guy, "How'd you get rid of the gators?"

"We didn't do nothin'," the beach bum said. "The sharks got 'em."

Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #879
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Good morning

The angel package arrived yesterday and I have swapped out the last 12 packages. They are going postal this morning!

We are all swapped out - Yay!

If anyone has any questions about the calendar base, please let me know. I would suggest (for the first timers), that you put the ring "knuckle" on the underneath side of the calendar base so the opening is on the top of the calendar. Also, after you get the base assembled, some red liner tape will keep is secure perfectly. I didn't add that because some of you may have other preferences and may want to decorate your base before assembly.

Thanks for making this a fun swap for me - the calendars are terrific! Enjoy.
Ooh boy!!! I'll start stalking tomorrow AM!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #880
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I got my calendar sets today - they are fabulous !!! I will use one at home and take one to the office. I'll sit down later this evening and look at them all closely so that I can see all of the detail in each one.

Joyce: this is an incredible amount of work for you with all the punching and then you make the bases for us and supply the rings - thanks SO much (doesn't seem adequate...) and then the swapping out and mailing - whew!!!!
Closed Thread