Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #801
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends! I'm home again - but so far behind that I've decided not to do a Public Service Announcement again today. I'm sorry!

Joyce, I am so glad my package arrived safely. Awwwwwwww... thanks for you sweet comments! I was so worried that I'd really missed the idea and that you would hate them. You've given me peace of mind.

I can hardly wait to see what the other ladies made (in my return package) and then I'll know better how to do these in the future.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #802
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethyblue View Post
OH, I like the easy pattern. The ones I have made are hard to change the sizes and and the little "armholes" made it hard to fit them exactly. I made some that fit the Shih Tzus, but the miniweenie is a different story. When it fits around her chest it hangs down to the ground under her belly. I could make this one a little smaller back there and...................I think my critters need a new sweater. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #803
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

I'm dying laughing. I meant to say my dog Angus not Angos. But I kind of like Angos. He is a rescue so we have no idea how old he is. I'm guessing 10 now? The best little JRT in the world. Although I don't recommend the breed for families as they are so hyper. Angus is not he is quite calm and very smart. We love him.
We also have Henry a 13 year old yellow lab who we adore and have added a Siberian Husky into the brood to bond and learn from our two senior dogs as we won't have them much longer.
So yup 3 dogs!!! Call me crazy but they are so well behaved.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #804
SCS Swap Moderator

I thought it was just a Canadian spelling thing. I was pronouncing it the same way. Rather like check and cheque. Ya'll do have your own way of doing things....ha ha ha.

---------
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #805

Jen we are crazy too! We have 3 dogs. Rosie is 14 1/2 years old, can't see well, can't hear well, has fatty tumors under her skin all over, and has arthritis. She is, as Paulette said one time, "circling the drain" and we know that. We give her meds for the arthritis, help her along with everything else. As long as she eats and seems to be doing all right we will just pet her and love her and keep her comfy. Himself has a 9 year old miniweenie, Ruby Ann, and she is fine. Charlie is the one we rescued in May and is mostly Shih Tzu and about 5 years old according to the vet. But he is much bigger, his nose is a little longer, and when his fur gets longer it curls. So the vet says he may have some poodle in him, but we don't care. He is great. When Rosie.........goes, we will just do with the two we have. I am just about as crazynuts over Charlie as I was little Flossie who died last year just before her 16th birthday. He has really helped heal my heart from losing her.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #806
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
I thought it was just a Canadian spelling thing. I was pronouncing it the same way. Rather like check and cheque. Ya'll do have your own way of doing things....ha ha ha.
toque or toboggan? I heard that in Georgia they call toques (hats) toboggans. Tobbogans are those long brown sleds guys!!!! We don't wear them on our heads.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #807
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

QueenofInkland - your package has arrived safely.

Kathy - Two lovely calendar months from the royal hands! May is so cheerful - did yo make those flowers? Love the little birds! February is all about the love...aaah! Both will be great additions to the calendar groups, your swap buddies will be pleased.

Thanks for the goodies for me. I'm really intrigued by the talking tag - have you used one before? I'll have to use my hubby's phone for that one. My phone isn't smart enough yet - but his is What a cool idea!

Seven packages to go....Woohoo!

---------
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #808
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

QueenofInkland - your package has arrived safely.

Kathy - Two lovely calendar months from the royal hands! May is so cheerful - did yo make those flowers? Love the little birds! February is all about the love...aaah! Both will be great additions to the calendar groups, your swap buddies will be pleased.

Thanks for the goodies for me. I'm really intrigued by the talking tag - have you used one before? I'll have to use my hubby's phone for that one. My phone isn't smart enough yet - but his is What a cool idea!

Seven packages to go....Woohoo!
YAY - safe and sound arrivals WOOHOO. Okay, to answer your questions:
1. The flowers are May Arts ribbon. I just cut the flowers off of the ribbon. However, I just got some scrap happy glue (to make my own glubers) and some zippers and I am going to experiment making some zipper flowers - kind of the same style as these May Arts flowers.
2. No, I haven't tried the talking tag yet so please give us your review whenever you do something with it. It looked pretty cool - something I definitely haven't seen before - HAVE FUN !
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #809
Stampin' Fool

Mine went postal today - I had trouble with them all week and just didn't seem to like anything I came up with! I hate it when that happens... hopefully my swap mates won't mind too much.... Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #810
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

Bethyblue and Forest Ranger - your packages have arrived safely.

Loretta - You are one of the top 5 people I want to spend a day with, getting inky. Your serene style of composition always strikes a chord with me. I just admire your work - it's always flawless. Beautiful September card here...just beautiful. How do you get the crisp white stamped image? Mine never turns out so nicely. What's your secret?

Now about those goodies....You Canadians are so confused.....Smarties that look like M&Ms, Smarties labeled as Rockets....I'm just gonna laugh and laugh and gobble them all up. hee hee hee Thank you for the goodies - Yum - what ever you want to call them!

Jeanette - I went back to look at your first post - you said... "Never done anything like this before"..."a bit scared"....

What I want to know is, What were you afraid of? These are wonderful! I love them both. The little drops of rain in the April clouds and the truly festive feel of the December card...you aced them both! Fabulous job! From now on, you can be fearless. Thank you for the stamp. It will go great in my girly collection. Now to make some new cards...

It won't be long now - 8 packages to go!
Aw shucks, thanks Joyce! I would love to get inky with you too. I tried replying yesterday but my connection was awful. My secret is a very fine paintbrush that I brush stray bits of powder away with.
I knew I should have put in a bag of M&M's just to confuse the issue a bit more, lol!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #811
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
OH, I like the easy pattern. The ones I have made are hard to change the sizes and and the little "armholes" made it hard to fit them exactly. I made some that fit the Shih Tzus, but the miniweenie is a different story. When it fits around her chest it hangs down to the ground under her belly. I could make this one a little smaller back there and...................I think my critters need a new sweater. Thanks for sharing!
Yes the first pattern is easy to adjust and you can put any pattern you want on it or just leave it plain. Snuffy is supposed to be a shih tzu as well but she is a bit bigger and has a longer nose. We don't care one way or another, we love her to bits.

Last edited by Bethyblue; 11-16-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #812
Crimping Master

They went to the Post Office Friday morning,first thing, so mine should be there on Monday, with apologies for being late. Last Sunday, I was in shorts, raking leaves in 70-degree weather and it snowed on Monday! On Tuesday I had a sore throat and by Wednesday, my voice and energy disappeared. Finally feeling human again.
All this dog-talk does my heart good. Nice to know that I am not the only one watching a much loved pet circle the drain. Her body is failing her, but that spirit is still strong, so I continue to help her up and down the stairs to reach the back yard, all 85 pounds of her. She was always there for me, so I have to be there for her.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #813
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Good Morning!!

I looked at the DC# of the package I sent my cards in - you will probably get mine today. If not today, I KNOW you'll get them Monday!!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudia View Post
They went to the Post Office Friday morning,first thing, so mine should be there on Monday, with apologies for being late. Last Sunday, I was in shorts, raking leaves in 70-degree weather and it snowed on Monday! On Tuesday I had a sore throat and by Wednesday, my voice and energy disappeared. Finally feeling human again.
All this dog-talk does my heart good. Nice to know that I am not the only one watching a much loved pet circle the drain. Her body is failing her, but that spirit is still strong, so I continue to help her up and down the stairs to reach the back yard, all 85 pounds of her. She was always there for me, so I have to be there for her.
I felt that way about Flossie. She was blind the last 3 years of her life, so I was her seeing eye person. But she got around well, and was always so sweet and loving. SOOOOooo much fun all her life, played with us and her toys until she just couldn't any more. I spoiled her and was there for her until the very end, and have no regrets. She was the best one ever for me.
But Charlie is getting there........different from her of course but really special. He came from such a bad background and seems so grateful and appreciative. He's a real "Mama's boy".
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #815
Crimping Master

hey ladies! hope everyone has a good weekend
posted my November card to my gallery btw
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #816
Crimping Master

Quote:
I felt that way about Flossie. She was blind the last 3 years of her life, so I was her seeing eye person. But she got around well, and was always so sweet and loving. SOOOOooo much fun all her life, played with us and her toys until she just couldn't any more. I spoiled her and was there for her until the very end, and have no regrets. She was the best one ever for me.
But Charlie is getting there........different from her of course but really special. He came from such a bad background and seems so grateful and appreciative. He's a real "Mama's boy".
God always sends us another one to love, Sybil, and we have an infinite capacity to love them, don't we? Yeah, I will hang with that "old girl" until she lets me know that she's ready to leave the planet. I think about a third dog, but 3 big dogs??? Then I shake it off and make a cup of tea or something.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #817

All of ours are little. Ruby and Rosie are about 10-12 pounds each. Big old Charlie is about 18 pounds or so. I love the girls, but Ruby is HIMSELF'S dog, and Rosie is just sort of here. She doesn't have an affectionate nature. Flossie was my baby doll, and I didn't think I would ever have another one like that.
Charlie and I went to an estate sale today, and then to PetSmart. This was the first time I have put him in the cart, and he knew just what to do. He was so funny, let people pet him, just acted as if he was perfectly at home. He may have done that before in his former life. Usually I keep him on his leash and let him walk, but it was crowded with pet adoption day. I had a hard time with him and the cart and all the people, so I just plopped him in there and off we went. It was very sad, they had a Shih Tzu that had been hit by a car, and its back legs were paralyzed. They were trying to adopt her. I just cried, but with the three here and Ruby with special medical expensive problems, I just couldn't take her. She was so pretty........
Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #818
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy mail from yesterday!

JanetJ and CherryLime - your packages have arrived safely.

Janet - What a great paper you used for the background! Is that a printed paper or a picture that you took? I would love a full calendar with images like that for each month. Just image how colorful that would be! Nice job

Kim - Halloween and 4th of July get a nice calendar page from you. I love those white pumpkins! Great job!

Five packages to go ladies - it won't be long now!

---------
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #819
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Happy mail from yesterday!

JanetJ and CherryLime - your packages have arrived safely.

Janet - What a great paper you used for the background! Is that a printed paper or a picture that you took? I would love a full calendar with images like that for each month. Just image how colorful that would be! Nice job

Kim - Halloween and 4th of July get a nice calendar page from you. I love those white pumpkins! Great job!

Five packages to go ladies - it won't be long now!
Glad my package got to you!!

The paper in the background is a DP I found. I like to see things like that (the full images) on my calendars - I get mousepads that are calendars every year, & love it when I get the ones with a full background!

Can't wait to see the other months!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #820

Good Morning Friends!

UGH!!! It’s Monday again!
Let’s make the best of it, since it only happens once a week…
Besides, this IS a SHORT week!

I’ve been gone from the threads ENTIRELY TOO MUCH lately and am totally BEHIND and will not be able to catch up, so if I missed anything important, please let me know! Thanks!!!

... ... ... ...

Today is Equal Opportunity Day,
Have a Bad Day Day (why would I want to do that???),
Thrift Day,
World Toilet Day,
International Men’s Day,
Please Maintain Your Focus Today Day,
Alligator Wrestling Day,
Pencil Day,
National Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day,
and Rocky and Bullwinkle Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us how important it is to give GOOD instructions!

Unable to attend the funeral after his Uncle Charlie died, a man who lived far away called his brother and told him, "Do something nice for Uncle Charlie and send me the bill."

Later, he got a bill for $200.00, which he paid. The next month, he got another bill for $200.00, which he also paid, figuring it was some incidental expense. But, when the bills for $200.00 kept arriving every month, he finally called his brother again to find out what was going on.

"Well," said the other brother, "You said to do something nice for Uncle Charlie. So I rented him a tuxedo."

Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #821
SCS Swap Moderator

I am punching holes today.

LOTS of holes....

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #822
SCS Swap Moderator

We have a tiny snag with Group #2. You will receive two Decembers and be missing a month. I didn't catch this until today. I hope you don't mind making one month for yourself. One of our group members sent her month in, but made the wrong month. Oops happens sometimes!

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #823
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:
I am punching holes today.

LOTS of holes....
Just curious since you have to punch SO MANY HOLES lol.....what tool are you using to punch these 'oh so many' holes, Oh Hostess with the Mostest?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #824
SCS Swap Moderator

LOL - You always ask the most entertaining questions.

I am using a 3 hole hole punch that is probably 35-40 years old. It is a metal monster that allows me to set the hole spacing and I can screw it tight enough that it won't go anywhere for the bazillion holes needed for this swap. I inherited it from one of my parents (yeah, I've had it long enough, I forget which one). It gets the job done!

Last year I used my cropodile, and the screw wouldn't tighten enough to stay in place for the duration. And it was one hole at a time with that tool. This year I'm punching two at a time - Woohoo! Progress!

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #825

It's because you have such wonderful answers.
Sometimes the old tools work better than the new ones. That would be great to have them already spaced right. I have a hard time punching holes in the right place with the crop-a-dile too. But it does go through a lot of tough stuff at one time, so whatever works best for the situation is what I always say.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #826
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

ajamc, Chez-Lara and Cloudia - your packages have arrived safely.

Tam - Lovely Valentine's done in that provocative pink & black - Ooh La Laa! Beautifully done, as always. You can go sit with Loretta at the "makes it look easy" table!

Claudia - Love the owl in the raincoat - it made me laugh. (I saw my first owl outside last night too - how auspicious!) Excellence as always from you too, my dear. Thanks for the goodies for me. Did you smoke all those cigars? hahahahha And did you make the skates? Too fun!

Lara - I love the turkeys!!! Did you take the picture? They are perfect - (and they need captions, I'm sure they are saying important things.) Great card for November. Thanks for the treasures for me - and the business card (!!) Sounds just like you two - good luck

Two packages to go - we are on schedule! Yay!

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #827
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
It's because you have such wonderful answers.
Sometimes the old tools work better than the new ones. That would be great to have them already spaced right. I have a hard time punching holes in the right place with the crop-a-dile too. But it does go through a lot of tough stuff at one time, so whatever works best for the situation is what I always say.
That's the thing I like about this one - The holes are staying where I want them. Yay!

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #828

Quote:
That's the thing I like about this one - The holes are staying where I want them. Yay!
I am just sitting here thinking about the quality of our lives. We get excited over things like............our holes line up and stay where we want them. There is always something to be thankful for, right Joyce?
Many years ago when I was a dental hygienist, I had one particular patient who gave me grief about encouraging him to floss. He was sort of a grumpy little man, never had much to say. When he came back the next time, he was in much better shape, and I said "Oh, You have been flossing, and everything looks so much better. I am so excited about your gums."
He said "You live a strange life." That was all. The end.
I have never forgotten that.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #829
SCS Swap Moderator

People have said that to me too. It's okay, I enjoy my strange little life.

---------
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #830
Crimping Master

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

ajamc, Chez-Lara and Cloudia - your packages have arrived safely.

Tam - Lovely Valentine's done in that provocative pink & black - Ooh La Laa! Beautifully done, as always. You can go sit with Loretta at the "makes it look easy" table!

Claudia - Love the owl in the raincoat - it made me laugh. (I saw my first owl outside last night too - how auspicious!) Excellence as always from you too, my dear. Thanks for the goodies for me. Did you smoke all those cigars? hahahahha And did you make the skates? Too fun!

Lara - I love the turkeys!!! Did you take the picture? They are perfect - (and they need captions, I'm sure they are saying important things.) Great card for November. Thanks for the treasures for me - and the business card (!!) Sounds just like you two - good luck

Two packages to go - we are on schedule! Yay!
One of those ideas that made more sense in my head than it did in reality, sigh. Copic coloring and paper piecing for 13 calendars - what was I thinking??? Yep, I love that little owl and he seemed perfect for April. As for those cigar bands....well, I won't say I didn't smoke cigars in college, but I did not save the bands. My friend gave me a huge bag of cigar bands because she didn't know what to do with them. Now I have to figure out what to do with them! And, yes, I did crochet those skates and they are like potato chips - I can't stop making them!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #831

Good Morning Friends!

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

... ... ... ...

Today is Children’s Day,
Absurdity Day (How absurd is that???),
Name Your PC Day,
Globally Organized Hug a Runner Day,
Writing on the Wall Day,
National Peanut Butter Fudge Day,
and Use Less Stuff Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us to plan our Thanksgiving feasts carefully!

Long ago, on New York's lower east side, Mrs. Spinelli and Mrs.Goldberg were bragging about their respective abilities to overfeed dinner guests. With evident pride Mrs. Spinelli says, "When they walk home from my house, they're all doubled-over."

Without a beat, Mrs. Goldberg answers, "From your house they can walk?"

Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #832

Quote:
We have a tiny snag with Group #2. You will receive two Decembers and be missing a month. I didn't catch this until today. I hope you don't mind making one month for yourself. One of our group members sent her month in, but made the wrong month. Oops happens sometimes!
Oh no! Joyce, I'm in group 2 and I did December... am I the one who messed up? I feel horrible! Do I need to make a different month and mail one to each of the participants of group 2???

Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #833

I was just sure it was me that did that until I looked back at the first page. It wouldn't be the first time I did something like that. We all have our moments and we all understand.
I would love to have the extra December one, and can make my own whatever month is missing. It isn't a problem for me. Because I am usually the one............
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #834
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Oh no! Joyce, I'm in group 2 and I did December... am I the one who messed up? I feel horrible! Do I need to make a different month and mail one to each of the participants of group 2???
No, you did the correct month, and it was fabulous

---------
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #835
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy mail update....

The first packages will be going postal today - Woohoo!

Bride
Cloudia
Sherry_Lynn
Jabauer
elizabethanne
Chez-Lara

Your packages are heading to the post office in just a few minutes. Please let me know when they arrive.

---------
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #836

Thank you, Joyce, I'm relieved. I was so afraid I'd goofed up... didn't think to look at the first page like Sybil did. (dummy me!)

I can certainly make my own November, not a problem at all! I just didn't want to be the cause of trouble.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #837
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, Joyce, I'm relieved. I was so afraid I'd goofed up... didn't think to look at the first page like Sybil did. (dummy me!)

I can certainly make my own November, not a problem at all! I just didn't want to be the cause of trouble.
I didn't tell which month was missing....

---------
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #838

Quote:
I didn't tell which month was missing....
Oh, I knew that. Dummy me... seee, I told you I'm CRAZY! I'm sorry!!! I guess it's a good thing I didn't start making the extra month yet. LOL!

I sincerely apologize to anyone (Miss November) that I might have just given a heart attack to. I'm going to my corner now.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #839
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #840
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Oh, I knew that. Dummy me... seee, I told you I'm CRAZY! I'm sorry!!! I guess it's a good thing I didn't start making the extra month yet. LOL!

I sincerely apologize to anyone (Miss November) that I might have just given a heart attack to. I'm going to my corner now.
Now you're just makin' me giggle....

---------
Closed Thread