Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #161
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Jane we can keep hoping summer will light up our lives. However, even at our 67 degrees, I will take that over the triple digits and wild storms coursing their way on the Eastern front.

Good morning everyone and Happy Canada Day fellow Canucks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #162
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Jane, My niece said it was a "GOD THING". She and her husband are missionaries in South Dakota. She does not even like dogs. When she saw this one she said it was as if she was told that it was my dog. She wouldn't touch him but told the lady at the motel not to let anyone else have him. Her husband sent out an e-mail about her "saving a dog's life" and everyone e-mailed him back "REALLY????" because she doesn't even want to be in a room with a dog. Since we got him cleaned up and brushed and I sent her a picture, she just ooooohed and aaaaahed over him. I think she will have a star in her crown for getting Charlie and me together. He's a sweetie.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #163
Polyshrink Goddess

Yay! Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #164

Yes happy Canada Day to all our Canadian swappers.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #165
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Began my research.. Suzy Toronto is a color whiz. That'll be fun. Thanks Kari.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #166
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

What an interesting weekend....storms, power outages....the fox under my bedroom window...and all that lovely heat

What did you do this weekend?

Questions of the day - What do you do when the power goes out? How do you occupy your time?

Since it is almost 4th of July - Do you shoot off fireworks at home or go to public displays? Or would you rather skip the whole thing?

Keri - I'll get you added when I hear from Lydia

---------
Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #167

Answering questions:
The power goes off her quite often. We are prepared with lanterns and candles. Just read or something by candle light.

We used to go to fireworks displays but not any more. Traffic is too awful around here when that goes on. We stay home, Himself goes to bed. I am usually covered up with dogs, keeping them from having strokes from all the noise of people doing firecrackers etc. outside.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #168

We went out for supper and I splurged on ribs, baked potato, and caesar salad. Yum!
When the power goes out, in the evenings, I have candles around the room ready to fire up. Usually it means sitting together in the living room and striking up conversation. If it is late enough, we just turn in. Or on occasion we phone our favourite restaurant to see if they are still alive and go out for coffee and pie.
Firework days are over for us. We let the younger crowd do that scene. So we are left with the dog, who brings up the anxiety in us, as well as her quaking little body and panting. Poor little thing.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #169
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Hmm when the power goes out which is really rare, I run for candles and usually just look outside if it is storm related. If a book is nearby I'll read.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #170
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Power outages have been rare here in Madtown---usually only momentary blips lasting less than an hour. There is an annual fireworks display in Elver Park about 2 blocks from where I live. I can definitely hear it and see peeks of it from my 2nd story patio. I love hearing the oohs & aahs from the crowd. It also seems like the local fireflies enjoy the competition and put on their own show right in front of my patio window---not quite as extravagant as the park's display but ever more endearing & magical.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #171
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Oh my goodness what a chatty bunch lol, I haven't been checking in and I was like 3 pages behind lol. I skimmed through most of the discussion and I seemed to have caused quite the creative discussion. Please don't panic about the steampunk theme lol throw some cogs and clocks and skeleton keys on there and I'm a happy girl. Also note I was vague about my theme noting vintage and timholtz/graphic 45 style which isn't necessarily steam punk. Hope that releives some of your anxieties.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #172
SCS Swap Moderator

No worries here on that front, we appreciate anyone who gives us a good topic for discussion. Feel free to do so often.

---------
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #173
Mad Swapper

LOL good enough
Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #174
Mad Swapper

I loved that episode of Castle, but I like all of Nathan Fillion's stuff LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaporte View Post
Hi all,
My internal clock is screwed up and I'm watching Soul Surfer in the dark and listing to the cats careen from one end of the living room to the hall and back.
I guess it's been a couple days since I read up on all the chatter. I did stop by last night to write a memo of the topics of my groups. Must have been glazed over because as I look at them tonight I'm all charged up.

I have the perfect stamp for a background for Plain Jane's In the woods from the company Our Daily Bread and another for her's in group 3 "ROAD TRIP" can't wait.

Norma... Love your company. I found out more about you tonight. I sometimes don't understand mother nature ... so is it normally rainy in summer there? I should know this by pure geography as I once taught weather and climate I figure you must be on the west side of a mountain range or at least that's my best guess. When I was 13 I wrote down that I was going to write a book of poetry. I have a poem I wrote a while back about rain as well. I'm going to have to dig it out and share it with you sometime.

LabrarDork- Laugh when I read your signature... perhaps Cupcake Habit is a topic to consider.

Sybil--- Ice Cream Parlor... Fantastic theme

Prairiejen... Great topics too... Dr. Suess... is your family out and about again this summer? I guess I could've guessed soccer mom ..lol do you have a minivan? I want to get to the LAKE

Oh boy today Joyce posted a chatty question...
Well last song I sang along with was Geez.. I can't even remember and i sing a lot. I'm thinking it was probably something of Michael W Smith like Mighty to Save... Michael W Smith - Mighty To Save - Legendado - YouTube or Above All Michael W. Smith - Above All (With Lyrics) - YouTube

SybilMcC.. When did you update your avitar... Your pup's cute.
Childhood toy.. a stuffed animal dog named "Ginger." Why do I have it- I guess I don't wanna grow up.

Sybil- mom has one of those twisted spoons too. Wonder if it was something mentioned in a magazine or newspaper or just how they thought it up.

STEAMPUNK CHALLENGED...ROFL. I have done a few projects on this theme and agree that it is something out of my comfort zone. There was a Castle TV episode called The Steampunk Empire... I would recommend it for inspiration
Castle S03E04 - Steampunk - YouTube
I don't know why but I like chitty chitty bang bang ingenuity as I'm going steampunk.

Well... hopefully you will know that I haven't fallen off my rocker during this marathon post. Just being in the mood for my friends. HUGs from Wi.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmac1 View Post
Oh my goodness what a chatty bunch lol, I haven't been checking in and I was like 3 pages behind lol. I skimmed through most of the discussion and I seemed to have caused quite the creative discussion. Please don't panic about the steampunk theme lol throw some cogs and clocks and skeleton keys on there and I'm a happy girl. Also note I was vague about my theme noting vintage and timholtz/graphic 45 style which isn't necessarily steam punk. Hope that releives some of your anxieties.
My anxieties are relieved. I have been looking through my "stuff" and have seen some things that might just work. We shall see...........
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #176

Okay but no one go steampunking my muppets!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
That is as funny as can be...

So, I cleaned the basement and came up to watch America's Got Talent and guess what... It didn't get recorded! ARGGGG! I'm angry! I will just have to go on without seeing the episode 197 (POUT).
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #178
Crimping Master

Quote:
Aha - the perfect theme for my next PAT!
We seldom get power outages, so I spend most of the time hunting down candles and scrounging around for something to light them with. That is after I cuss myself out for not having batteries for the flashlight. I find it funny that I go through the house, flipping on the light switches and saying "Oh yeah, no power."
A couple of years ago, they had to shut off the water supply in the neigborhood to repair a break. I was amazed at how much I took water for granted! No coffee, no doing dishes, no coffee OR tea, no hand washing, no toilet flushing. I did the same stupid thing, turning on faucets and saying "Oh yeah, no water."
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #179

What did you do this weekend?
Went to some yard sales, cleaned, cooked, cleaned, church, cooked, cleaned made a few ATC's, Made a handful of cards for a swap. Did some research about Suzy Toronto.. Nothing big.

Questions of the day - What do you do when the power goes out? How do you occupy your time? When the power is out we turn on a lantern or light a few candles and play cards. If there's a storm I wait it out with the kids in the basement.

Since it is almost 4th of July - Do you shoot off fireworks at home or go to public displays? Or would you rather skip the whole thing?

We have done the shooting off at home a few times but with economic times changing no budget for that so we try to go and see a display. Kids are 14 and 12 so we don't skip it most years.

Nice Questions Joyce.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #180
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmac1 View Post
I am a big fan of steampunk and all of its quirkiness. There is a Steampunk ATC swap hosted by Scraphead, who I met at the WNY Gathering. There's only one spot left because she's closing it at 15, which is good because you have to make one for each swapper. Ask you hubbies for some of the old rusty hardware - washers, hex nuts and stuff like that - that's hanging around on the bottom of their toolboxes. They will be glad to get rid of it and it makes a great embellishment for steampunk!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #181

Himself used to get a funny look on his face when I told him I needed to go through his washers and nuts and bolts and things. But now he just pays it no attention. He has some really weird things that work perfectly for some of the things I make. I asked him one time "what is this thing with the funny edges on it?"
He looked at it and said "I have no idea." So if he doesn't know what it is and what to do with it, it is MINE!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #182
SCS Swap Moderator

I LOVE the thought of steampunking the muppets. That's a crazy good idea!

Marilyn - can you watch the episode on the computer? I catch some of my "oops I missed it" things that way. It's worth looking.....

Good morning all

checking the box of questions this morning....these struck my fancy today.

How many of you eat peanut butter with a spoon?

Have you ever shown up for something on the wrong day?

---------
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #183

Ahhhh last night I made grilled peanut butter sandwiches. My family thought I was crazy. I took a big scoop of peanut butter on a spoon and went and watched t.v. I never do this so your question of the day has just floored me....
okay where are the cameras Joyce????
Showing up on the wrong day is pretty much how I live my life.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #184
SCS Swap Moderator

That is tooo funny.

And I'm not telling where the cameras are.....hee hee hee

---------
Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #185

I live alone and often eat my peanut butter right out of the jar with a spoon.

How about showing up in the WRONG YEAR??? Yup, I did that! There's an annual event I go to in another city---I lost track of the date and did an email search of my old emails. I read an email from the previous year and ended up at the right place on the wrong weekend.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #186

Of course I eat peanut butter with a spoon. Or on toast or crackers or with jelly..........just love peanut butter.

I can't remember showing up on the wrong day but have missed something thinking it was a week later.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #187

Yikes, me thinks we have U.S. temperatures right now. We are at 37 celsius.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #188

That's 98 for you Fahrenheit people.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #189

It has cooled down here, only 94. It was 106 last week a couple of days. Broke all records. HOT!
We got a few drops of rain in the last couple of days.
Well after all it is SUMMERTIME!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #190
SCS Swap Moderator

I walked down to the mailbox a little bit ago and was sprinkled on! About 10 drops from one end of the driveway to the other.....not enough to suit me. I checked the radar to see if it was coming or going...

It was going Sigh.

---------
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #191
Crimping Master

We got a beauty of a thunderstorm, with rain coming down so hard, cars were pulling off to the side of the road....big bellowing roars of thunder. It was over in 15 minutes and in an hour it looked like it hadn't rained at all. I do not water my lawn or my gardens, but a lot of people in my neighborhood do. My house would be the one with the crunchy brown grass. Right now I am listening to the sound of my neighbor mowing his lawn. The plus-side of brown grass is it doesn't grow....
Of course I eat peanut butter from the jar with a spoon, or a big huge gob on a teeny baby carrot. I recently scored homemade almond butter and cashew butter. Now THAT should only be eaten right from the container with no embellishments!

My neighbor was having a huge surprise birthday party for her husband at a high-end restaurant. As I was getting ready to leave, I saw her daughter and asked her if she needed a ride to the restaurant and she informed me that the party happened the day before. I thought she was dressed a little to casually for that restaurant....
Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #192
SCS Swap Moderator

You make me laugh.

---------
Old 07-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #193

Peanut butter from a jar... used to. I also would dip it in chocolate milk powder and eat it that way too.

I have shown up for things on the wrong day. I can't remember the last time that that happened but I know it's happened.

As for my rant about TV... I found it will be broadcasted on OXGYN tv tonight. so alas.. although I can't vote for this group at least I'll see the acts.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #194

Quote:
Yikes, me thinks we have U.S. temperatures right now. We are at 37 celsius.
Whoa Jen - you can keep those temps in central Canada. We are expecting warm weather on the weekend, but not that high.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #195

Pouring pouring rain right now, Thunder lightening. Quite a day time show. So hoping the sun doesn't come out and turn it into a steam bath.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #196

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY MY AMERICAN FRIENDS!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #197
SCS Swap Moderator

It's bright & sunny where I am. And Hot! I have no plans for today. DH on the road, DS at camp, sister at her house because we are running around Friday....

So I'm hanging shelves in my crafty room today and working on recipe cards after I finish. I actually have a play date tomorrow. Karen FINALLY has a day off so we are getting together to play with paper. I may have to bake a cake. No, really. I may have to bake a cake - she loves cake LOL And I'm in the mood. Fruit Cocktail Cake I think. Yum!

---------
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #198

Very HOT in the MadCity. Going to a cookout later today. I cut up a pineapple and I've got Snickers brownies in the oven. They're made with a recipe that was on an ATC I got back in a PAT swap here on SCS. You make a regular brownie mix & put the mini Snickers in the batter once it's in the pan & before the baking.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #199
SCS Swap Moderator

I would eat that.

---------
Old 07-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #200

We are having thunder and lightening, but no rain yet. Yesterday there were terrible storms north and south of us, and flooding and wind and hail and all sorts of stuff. We got a little thunder and lightening. But it cooled things off. We did get a little rain later last night.
Now we don't know what will happen with this. It just might put a damper on all the fireworks shows that are planned near us.
Closed Thread