Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #1001
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
I love all your ATCs. You do pretty stuff.
This is so nice of you, Sybil. I am in your fan club and love the treasures you created that I own. I love the PATs, even if some of them do make me want to run screaming down the street!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #1002
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

Cloudia and Jabauer - your packages ahve arrived safely.

Claudia - These are so much fun. I really like "Paint the town" and "teeshirt & knickers" - great cards! The "packing material"...hahahaha. Thanks You make me laugh.

Janice - Scary image on that steampunk, and the background is fabulous. Picnic - hahaha! Fun stuff - love the layers and all the colors on your artwork. Your swap partners will be pleased.

Great cards ladies!

---------
Old 09-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #1003
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Happy Mail Alert!

Claudia - These are so much fun. I really like "Paint the town" and "teeshirt & knickers" - great cards! The "packing material"...hahahaha. Thanks You make me laugh.

Janice - Scary image on that steampunk, and the background is fabulous. Picnic - hahaha! Fun stuff - love the layers and all the colors on your artwork. Your swap partners will be pleased.

Great cards ladies!

Pooh is Janice in my group?? I like scary things and mixed with my steampunk and on an ATC!!! Yes please.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #1004
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmac1 View Post
Pooh is Janice in my group?? I like scary things and mixed with my steampunk and on an ATC!!! Yes please.
Damn autocorrect lol not pooh it was supposed to say ooooh
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #1005
Polyshrink Goddess

I finally got mine posted in the gallery. Phew, I need to clean up my computer. Joyce, they should be to you by Tuesday. I'm hoping there isn't a postal wormhole between GA and KY.

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #1006
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Jane you are so sweet, I don't think so a rare photo of me possibly? Hope you all had a great weekend.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1007
October Swapper of the Month 2012

My computer stayed all weekend in the shop. I got a call today, was told it is hopeless. Needs a new hard drive, and has to be sent far away because they don't have tools to fix it. $389. No Way. They can't save anything on it so I think it is time for a new one. It wouldn't be that much more for a new one. I brought the poor thing home, will see what to do with it. Meantime I am still using the one that came off Noah's ark and it is so frustrating. I probably won't be chatting much for a little while.
Wish me luck on getting the problem solved.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #1008
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Win the lotto, Sybil --- that's the only way I am going to upgrade my computer in the near future. It is about to expire from old age. So s-l-o-w.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
Jane you are so sweet, I don't think so a rare photo of me possibly? Hope you all had a great weekend.
I think the only other picture I have seen of you, Jen, you were covered head to toe in puffy winter gear. Who knows what was lurking under the cloak of cover?? Ta da! She's more than a pretty face.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #1010

By the way, the weekend was gorgeous. Warm and sunny. I let the breezes blow though my hair while driving this weekend. (That was on the way home, when I didn't have to see anyone. LOL).
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #1011
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

We have lots of packages out in the mail, but they are coming in on schedule. So while we are waiting, here are today's random questions!

1. Are you more comfortable as a leader or as a follower?

2. What do you wish hadn't changed in the world?

3. If there were one question you would dearly like to ask your spouse, what would it be?

---------
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #1012
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

Great cards ladies!
Glad to hear they they arrived safe and sound. I love looking through my scrap bins to find just the right colors to layer. I am not really all that familiar with steampunk so I had to wing it, I hope it met the steampunk criteria?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #1013
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Good morning

We have lots of packages out in the mail, but they are coming in on schedule. So while we are waiting, here are today's random questions!

3. If there were one question you would dearly like to ask your spouse, what would it be?
Good morning!

1. Depends on the situation. In college, I was a leader...actually more like a control freak. If we had group assignments and my group mates were lackadaisical or apathetic, I would take over everything. Yep, I was THAT person. But, I wouldn't throw them under the bus when it came time for presentations or anything, I was just concerned with getting a good grade and if that meany I did all the work, I did. I kinda do the same thing at work, but it really depends on how comfortable I am with the subject at hand and whether or not the activity is something I'm being evaluated on. If I see someone else who knows more or is setting a better example than I could, I'll turn into a little sponge duckling.

2. I hate to say it, but technology, social media to be exact. I feel like the days of writing letters and speaking to people face-to-face are being overrun by tweets and wall posts. I also think that technology has made a lot of folks feel like they can say anything they want because they are behind a computer, phone, tablet, etc. and they don't have to be responsible for their words. Manners have just gone out of the window I'm seeing a lot of places that, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," doesn't apply. There are a lot of e-bullies out there I also miss the feeling of getting a hand signed card or letter in the mail. That's one of the reasons I love swaps. Getting handmade items in pretty little packages just makes me feel all giddy inside.

3. I'm pretty good at asking him whatever is on my mind, so I'm not really sure. I'd have to think and see if there's anything that I'm worried about subconsciously that I may be afraid to hear the answer to.

Happy Mundane-day! The timer switch on my dryer broke last night, so I woke up this morning to wet clothes int he dryer and I've hung them all up all over the house to dry. It's going to be rainy on and off, so a line out back wasn't really a good option. I'm torn between buying a $60 part to fix it or just getting the front loading machines that I've been lusting over for years now. Seeing as how the dryer is barely worth $100..I think I'm gonna have to convince "the dude" to get some new appliances. Heck, If I have to do the laundry, it may as well be in some awesome machines, right?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #1014
SCS Swap Moderator

I'm on the other side of that coin. I have a temperamental washer that is unbalanced - most of the time. DH has said ' more than once - "Go get new machines". I just don't want the hassle and the expense until it just won't work anymore. So when it starts doing it's little jig across the floor, I run and hold it in place. And use lots of colorful language - I would like to smack it with a wrench every now & then.

---------
Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #1015

Since my "good" computer is dead, I am still using the old clunker but right now it is doing pretty well.

I don't mind being the leader and taking charge of some situations, but I am getting to the point where I want less and less responsibility. I have been the "Leader" of Threads of Love for over 11 years now and am slowly shoving things off onto the younger ladies.

The general acceptance of declinee in things being the right thing to do. Like clothing that covers the body, but without hanging like it's on the clothesline, looking so unkept.
And language that was not allowed anywhere is just used everywhere. Nasty words are used as punctuation now, and it disgusts me.

I can't tell you.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #1016
SCS Swap Moderator

LOL

Okay then - If you asked him the question, would he answer it?

---------
Old 09-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #1017

Quote:
Good morning

1.) I'm a leader when it is fun and the people are nice. When things get tense or issuey I move into the back ground because I don't like being around negative things.
2.) Global warming. Why didn't our governments take this seriously?
3.) That's a hard question.... I ask him everything all of the time. "Why do you keep putting the dirty dishes stacked in the sink?"
Old 09-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #1018
Polyshrink Goddess

LOL @ colorful language. Takes me back to our mustard yellow washer and dryer from my childhood. That washer would jig it's way across the floor and darn near unplug itself if it wasn't caught in time. The one we have now seems to have balance issues as well, but it doesn't bug me as much as the half-functional dryer. I tend to just go in and throw stuff around inside until it stops "knocking."

Yes, Sybil inquiring minds want to know...

Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #1019

Good morning everyone. Do check out all the stats on front load washers. Some have a lot of problems with seals that crack around the door, and also smells in their washers.
We have a new Maytag and we have replaced the front seal three times. You have to be there to open the door after a wash, because it creates a suction and you can rip the seal opening the door.

Questions of the day:
1. I have been both leader and follower but at this stage of life, I prefer to be a
follower with input.
2. Values and manners are a big issue with me. They have disappeared rapidly and
there are no consequences for bad behaviour. What happened to the social graces?
3. When did he join the "Grumpy Old Men" club?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #1020
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning Norma!

Those issues have been my hesitation on getting a front loading machine. I detest the mildew smell in clothes and the washer itself. I've been trying to hold out until they improve the technology as a whole and not just offer the band-aids of washing with the "Affresh" tabs and such. So thank you for the reminder. Desperate times can definitely lead to making irrational decisions!! Our washer is still doing it's job and I'm leaning towards waiting for it to completely die before replacing it, but the dryer has caused so many problems and the fact that it takes two 90 minute cycles to dry a load doesn't look good for our gas and electric bills. We've cleaned the vents and everything and it's either dry a full load two times or do smaller multiple loads...it still ends up using the same amount of energy and I'm not one to do laundry ALL day...so I'm a faithful follower of the former, lol. I'm hoping that by waiting a bit to replace the washer, they can finally work out the issues with the front loading ones!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #1021

Quote:
LOL

Okay then - If you asked him the question, would he answer it?
Nope.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #1022

Norma, I love the "follower with input" idea. I want to be that.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #1023

I have a front load washer hate it! Maytag, hate it. Never again. Worst company to deal with but I heard they got bought out????
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #1024

Well, Sybil, if I join a group, it's because I want to, but I don't necessarily want to be the top dog. I have been there and it can get tiring to carry the load completely. But I will definitely step up to the plate and be responsible for my portion and fill in where needed. Otherwise, why did I join? Right.

As for the washer -- we had a set for nine years and never had the issues that the new ones do today. And if they know they have a problem, stop messing with peoples heads,and fix the problem. We have been told that they won't replace the ring anymore, because we must be doing something wrong. Thanks Maytag.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
I have a front load washer hate it! Maytag, hate it. Never again. Worst company to deal with but I heard they got bought out????
Well, we were told that Maytag bought out everyone else! We only bought a new set when we moved, because we loved the old set which was Whirlpool.
All I know is that I am tired of being a slave to a machine.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1026

A little bit of art work at the lake, I thought I'd try something new. This is my dad.
Attached Thumbnails
photo-2012-09-17-13.08.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #1027

Did he pose for you, Jen? LOL. That's a fun piece and definitely a memory maker.
What did you use, silly putty or paper mache? Very clever and not something I would try to do. Mine wouldn't resemble anything human, I'm sure.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #1028
SCS Swap Moderator

That's adorable.

Now we'll all want one. You've probably started paper clay stress.

---------
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #1029
Forum Fanatic

I am all caught up on my swaps...quite the miracle! so I just went looking to see what is out there to join.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by normat View Post
Well, Sybil, if I join a group, it's because I want to, but I don't necessarily want to be the top dog. I have been there and it can get tiring to carry the load completely. But I will definitely step up to the plate and be responsible for my portion and fill in where needed. Otherwise, why did I join? Right.

As for the washer -- we had a set for nine years and never had the issues that the new ones do today. And if they know they have a problem, stop messing with peoples heads,and fix the problem. We have been told that they won't replace the ring anymore, because we must be doing something wrong. Thanks Maytag.
I understand what you are saying Norma. The thing is Threads of Love is a National organization, and I was the one who started our chapter here. At first it was no biggie, but as time went on we increased in number and the hospital grew and the NICU had more and more babies and it has grown to a place where I found out I could no longer be in charge of the whole shebang. I do have ladies helping, but they always call me for any decisions that have to be made. We have about 40 women and we meet twice a month and I cut out all the stuff we sew there. So I am trying to back down to the point that this is all I do, not making all the decisions and presiding over meetings and being the communicator between the main organization and the hospital and everyone else. I am getting too old to do all that.......

I told the lady who is ultimately going to be the director that I am downgrading to what you said, a foollower with input. She freaked.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #1031
Matboard Maniac

1. I'm sort of like Norma, a follower with input ... as long as the leader does everything my way, I'm good ...
2. Yep ... consequences, there aren't any for anything anymore unless it's actually criminal ... reality shows ... what do you think all the "reality" shows where the winner is the person who schemed, lied and stabbed the most people in the back, is teaching this generation of kids ... and discipline ... it seems like no one is allowed to discipline children anymore ... which I guess is tied to consequences ... and customer service ... lets hire high school students working for spare cash to wait on you, instead of someone who is working hard to support themselves or a family ... I guess that's enough
3. Why will you put the recycling to soak but not the pots???
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1032

Oh, dear,Sybil. There again, the word responsibility comes into play. Nobody wants it.
It's like being a caretaker. Once you put yourself out there, everybody is happy that they don't have to do it. Quite unfair all around, but in the end, when it comes back to you and you alone, you can say with pride from the heart, I did it. We, each have to follow our own path. But I do agree with you. I am too old to be the top dog anymore.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #1033
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

It's a banner day here at the old mailbox - lots of happy packages. ajmac, prairiejen, Plain Jane and LabradorDork, your packages have arrived safely.

Tam - Tam...what did I tell you about the postal thing? tsk, tsk, tsk. Big hugs to you for sending them so fast. The "road trip" is yummy - my DH would love the car. Too funny with the "Canadian" and "This I believe" - you made me giggle!

Jen - My favorites..."getting old", "school days", "dressed-up cats", "sunflowers", and "candy wrapper". That last one made me go ...hmmm... Lots of fun ATCs in your mail pouch!

Jane - Love the embellishment on "clarinet"! Beach Bum - hahaha Tequila Sunrise is a really pretty card, as is 5 o'clock somewhere. Did you do those backgrounds? They are beautiful. Great cards GF! Thanks for the stamp set - You have no idea how many times I have looked at that one. It's been on my "to acquire" list for quite some time. Thank you

Dani - Lots of fun stuff in your mail pouch too! I liked all of them, but these were my faves..."favorite toy", bright crosses and "this I believe", "road trip", "Inspirational", and T'shirt & knickers". What fun your cards are! Thanks for the hostess goodies - where did you find the smaller clips? I'm having fun with my clips right now so you're feeding my habit

Lots of fun mail today and only three packages outstanding. One is postal and I'm waiting to hear from the other two. I'll keep you posted and might even get a few packages out in tomorrow's mail. Yay! You all are great swappers

---------
Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1034
Polyshrink Goddess

You're so welcome, and thank you for hosting!! So glad they made it today!! Yay!! I found those little clips in the dollar bin at Target, they were there last week, in with the fall things I'm totally loving the clips too. I keep picking them up in all different sizes. I may have a bazillion like Sybil, by now :P I loved the "favorite toy" card, I was giggly all through the "creative process!" I struggled with the "t-shirt and knickers" until I pulled out my box of quotes!

I'm so glad you like them and I can't believe I'm punishing myself for another few weeks to see what everyone has created! My rational voice is telling me that I should wait and save money and my devil side is saying, "Ship 'em separate and have another cupcake."

Found this while I was cruising through Pinterest. I couldn't have said it better myself
Attached Thumbnails
1327798647355_6849159.png  

Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #1035

Yay I made it in the nick of time....I had fun doing this swap that is for sure....
Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #1036
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

Jane - Love the embellishment on "clarinet"! Beach Bum - hahaha Tequila Sunrise is a really pretty card, as is 5 o'clock somewhere. Did you do those backgrounds? They are beautiful. Great cards GF! Thanks for the stamp set - You have no idea how many times I have looked at that one. It's been on my "to acquire" list for quite some time. Thank you
Yay! They made it in time!!! I am so glad they are at your house (and not at mine), I was having severe stress over these. Give Suji major points for the embellishment idea...I have an inchie of hers that gave me the idea. Yes, I did the backgrounds...the Tequila Sunrise is brayered and sponged, I think the other one is a watercolor wash with Twinkling H20s (it was made a while ago...it all blurs in my head). And you are welcome...I'm pretty sure they made those stamps with you in mind.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #1037
SCS Swap Moderator

No happy mail today, but the first 10 packages will be going out in tomorrow's mail.

CandyHaz
texasyaya
superjen
Arlene_C
SybilMcC
Cloudia
parknslide
normat
nsmac1
Plain Jane

Your packages are in the car - ready to go to the PO in the morning!

---------
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1038

Yay - looking forward to seeing them. We'll see who gets them first, Jane or me. Seeing as we are cross border neighbours. BUT I guess I'm considered a foreign country when it comes to the mail. LOL.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #1039

I am excited that they are coming my way too. I am always surprised when I pick a theme and get such different ideas from y'all. I will be hanging out at the mailbox. After tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #1040

Norma we are aliens
Closed Thread