Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #1161
Stampin' Fool

I got mine today too - I can't get over how amazing they are! This group really went above and beyond!!!! Thank you all SO much - I really love them!

Group 7 My topic: Technique I want to receive: Shaped ATC... Marilyn those little cuties hiding under the umbrella are so sweet, and what a creative idea to put them on a raindrop shape! Cloudia I love the way the shape of the background echos the fold in the wedding dress - gorgeous! Janice I really love the bear poking up from the flower pot - thanks And Danielle - wow... handpainted and embossed art work - it's really amazing. Thank you so much!

Group 2 My topic: Cursed Objects. Yay! I love scary stuff, and you guys really pulled through!! Lakelivin - I love all the crackle around that spooky baby doll... baby dolls really scare me. It's true! Too many movies about cursed baby dolls... Bonnie Beth I love that you chose the spinning wheel in Sleeping Beauty... and the way the tendrils around coming out around Maleficent's head look like they've been spun - awesome! (And I love the little pocket tags on the back of your cards - extra work for you, very cute for us!!) Paulette I love all the objects on your card, but the little computer really made me chuckle... especially since I've had to keep my headphones plugged into my computer for the last three weeks because it's emitting this earsplitting sound everytime I remove them - ugh! All electronics are cursed to me... And Prairie Jen - using the back of the ribbon to mimic the mummy wrapping - what an incredibly creative idea!! Love it!

Group 10 - My topic Vintage Mediums - wow! Again some really creative ideas! Claudia I love the beaded trim - beautiful! Lakelivin I love the mesmorizing eyes on your medium child - completely freaky! Paulette - so much detail!!! I love the crystal ball and the tiny cards, and it looks like you added those little sparkles to the ribbon, right? What an awesome idea - how come I haven't thought of that??? And Sandi, love the background, love the beaded headdress - wow. Really beautiful and unique!

Group 8 - Techniques chosen by the artist. Queen of Inkland chose triple stamping - love it! I've always wanted to try that technique and now I really feel inspired - the card is just lovely! Claudia - make it move - OMG, I really giggled when I pulled the card out of the jacket and her bum started wagging - what a great idea! And beautifully done... Danielle - the house... are you kidding me? Wow - handcurled shingles, I think those are handcut little bricks... little acetate windows with flower boxes... beautiful!! And Joyce, I love love LOVE your butterfly coffee filter stamp/emboss card. I read your description above and I'm still not sure I totally get it, but whatever you did it looks amazing! My butterfly is still flying high

Group 3 - My topic: Disney Character you Most Resemble - I think this is my favorite group of all! Seeing how you guys chose to represent yourself is really a heartwarming hoot! Normat chose the fairy godmother (that card is totally Bippity Boppity Boo!); Bonnie Beth chose Pooh Bear with a quote that should be my theme song: "Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?" Only all the time. Lakelivin chose Ursula - too funny and cute card! And Prarie Jen chose Robin Hood, with a little saying, "Give because"... I love it

Again, thanks oh so much, ladies... gotta really brainstorm so I can keep up with you guys in PAT25!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #1162
Crimping Master

I did a LOT of Copic coloring for this swap, but for some strange reason, all that layering and blending relaxes me. The stamp I used for the Techniques group is from Mo Manning. That lady just looks like she should be shakin' her bootie. It was a bit of a challenge to get that wobble on, though because there was no "margin of error" - her butt was as wide as the wobble!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #1163
Pearl-ExPert

Got mine today and I thought my days of being shocked at the quality of ATCs was over but OMG!!! You all totally outdid yourself on this one! So many faves but going just a few: I dreamed I rode in a gondola in my Maidenform Bra - only Parknslide could pull that one off! And my Zombie ATCs...LOVE LOVE LOVE them! But the very best of all had to be my 4 Sons of Anarchy cards...and you ALL chose Jax (perfect)!!! I'm gonna have to look at these over and over to see all the details! Thanks ladies....you just keeping getting better and raising the bar ever higher!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #1164
Swapper of the Month November 2012

The Happy Mail arrived today!!! I must repeat what has already been said---these ATCs just get better with every new round. One of the things I really love is seeing all the different interpretations of a theme. I will take pics tomorrow and post them so you can all see the amazing talent we have here in our swaps. Thank you to my swapmates---you rock!

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #1165
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
Q of I, that penguin stamp is a clear stamp by Inkadinkado. Did you take the ATC out of the plastic sleeve? The penguin is attached to a wobble spring & he "shivers" in the Arctic cold.
I did take him out, Paulette - loved that !! He and Claudia's lady could dance together lol
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1166
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

With everyone oohing and ahhing over their cards, I can't wait to be on the receiving end of mine - up here in the land of crocus buds and green grass. (sorry you poor snow bound people. I feel for you but can't envy the cold and white stuff. At least we don't have to shovel the rain). Hope it will all be over soon and warm breezes waft your way.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #1167
October Swapper of the Month 2012

I wanted to share my beautiful ATCs with y'all. I can't get my camera to connect with the printer or computer now, so you will just have to deal with the scanner images. They are so beauful in person. They are all labeled clockwise from top left:

Group 1, Godeys Fashion, Prairiejen, Candyhaz, Lakelivin, and Bonniebeth
Group 5, Vintage Photos, Lakelivin, Candyhaz, LabradorDork, and Prairiejen
Group 6, Stained Glass, Mrslaporte, parknslide, BonnieBeth, and NormaT

Aren't they beautiful?
Attached Thumbnails
pat-24-group-1.jpg   pat-24-group-5.jpg   pat-24-group-6.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #1168

Thanks for sharing your returns---so fun to see all the interpretations side by side.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #1169

I love them all, but I am particularly fond of the stained glass ones. They are so colorful and shiny, and the one that BonnieBeth made is "see-through" and when you hold it to the light it has such a pretty effect, and every single one of all of them has something special about it that I just love!

Last edited by SybilMcC; 02-13-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #1170
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy mail update!

The last package arrived today and I spent the afternoon bundling up the last packages. The are in the car and going to the Post Office first thing in the morning. Yay!

---------
Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #1171

Oh goody. I'll look for them in two weeks. LOL. Seriously though our mail is the pits. I mailed a cheque for my friend who lives 40K from me, which is about a 45 minute drive from here. And she only got it today. That was last Thursday or Friday. But at the cost of $3.00 for our new toll bridge, we don't cross it that often. We have all we need on this side of the river.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #1172

My PAT returns are posted: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - parknslide - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #1173

You really got some treasures too, didn't you?
Beautiful. Can't wait to start on the next ones.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #1174
SCS Swap Moderator

All the packages are postal now

To my Canadian swappers.....be advised - postal rates have gone WAY UP on returns to Canada We need to plan accordingly for the next returns.

---------
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #1175
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

I heard that from someone the other day. Let me know if I owe you more money Joyce and I'll send it asap.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #1176

It has gone up everywhere. Joyce, if you need more stamps than we are sending or money, you need to let us know. As many of us as there are swapping, we can't expect you to take up the slack for all of us. I think everyone who swaps with you would feel the same way. I know you always are faithful to send back the extra postage we send if you don't need it, so maybe we should pad it a little bit more.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #1177
SCS Swap Moderator

If it's an outrageous amount, I usually contact the peeps that need the info before I send out the package. I covered my Canadian gals this time cause they are the best of the best

It was just a warning for them to start saving their pennies for the next round - we're gonna need them.

Oh wait! Isn't Canada doing away with their penny? Talk about bad timing!

---------
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #1178

Got my pimp hat on: save $$ by joining all 3 of Joyce's swaps & save postage

Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #1179

I understand, and I LOVE having the Canadian ladies in the swaps, they really are great. But do keep us in the knowhow about how much it is costing so you won't be holding the bag. Or bags. Mailbags. You are soooooooo good!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #1180

Attagirl, Paulette. You think good. We'll keep you.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #1181
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Okay love the "doing away with the penny' comment. I saved a penny for each year of my ds's lives and framed them. Just a little keep sake.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #1182
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
Got my pimp hat on: save $$ by joining all 3 of Joyce's swaps & save postage
ROFL

---------
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #1183
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Well, my little treasures arrived and I love every one. I believe in my IFF's to do fantastic work but these are so great.
First group out of the treasure chest was "embellish" with buttons. I thought for sure I'd see cherries, hot air balloons but instead I received adorable bears, a magical sweet tree with button fruit and a vacation oasis... beach umbrella polka dotted with buttons. Claudia, Tamara, Janice, and Denise... LOVE these. Thank you so much.

Next up Hedgehogs...
I once had a friend whose daughters had a hedgehog. He was so bristly and just perfect for their family. My ATC's will be cherrished. Sandi made one that's holding up a leaf skeleton and has a flowersoft moss for the ground and is well.... fabulous. Then one from Norma who looks to be suffering from the flu... Been there done that... great interpretation, your fussy cuts and gold edging are so precise. Claudia made one that has a heggie making a snowman using sticks to show the bristles... adorable. The EF you used and color choice are so perfect. Not to mention you really color in the lines beautifully. The fourth in that group "Hedgehog love" by Krystal is a great post valentine scene... two heggies hugging side to side. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Third Group for me was the theme "I think I Can" inspired by my dad reading that story to me as a little girl. I am working up the courage to ask him to read it and then record it for my rainy days. Paulette found a train charm and used the words under the mountain. So nice, that sun on the other side of the mountain is an encourgement to push through difficult days. Bonnie found an illustration of the little engine and has a steep grade showing our hero train making it up and up.... love the hand drawn stitching, glittery sunshine and beads for eyes on this. Norma, yours made me grin and snicker... I turned it over and thought that's what I look like when I'm pushing my way to exercise... (not my favorite activity)... "I got the power" so clever.... and Sybil your "little Golden book will forever help me reminise my dad reading that story to me. All the pages turn to reveal the entire story. Magnificant!

THANK YOU JOYCE AND SCS pals. This is a cherished exchange of work. Now to go scan them and put them in my gallery for you to peek.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #1184
Forum Fanatic

My box of goodies came yesterday and I was wowed by the creativity. My chunky group was extrodinaire. I feel like I owe somebody postage because they were too chunky for an envelope. I should have took that into consideration. But really do our brains ever kick in when we need them too?
In my chunky group i received a totally three dimensional atc, it even has little feet to stand it up. I think the pretense of this card would make a great swap. That was from Danielle. Then Marilyn sent me a wonderful 3D hot air balloon which is very appropriate since they land in my yard all the time when they run out of power or wind. Claudia sent me a lovely oriental card and Tamara sent me a card that was very shabby chic. I love them all.
I have always been a fan of Norman Rockwell and I received three great cards ...one with a post cover from Danielle, one of the famous doctor scene where the boy is getting a shot from Krystal and Santa working on the nice list from Emily.
My last group which I can't remember my theme without going to the first post but it must have had something to do with flowers... I got three lovely cards. One from Paulette with the cutest cat doing the hula, one from Joyce with beautiful flowers with microbead centers and tiny butterflies and the last was from Queen of Inkland which could have easily been in the chunky group with lovely flowers.
Thanks everyone for a great parcel of goodies.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #1185
Forum Fanatic

Ahh yes group 13 was techniques determined by the artist, funny how all my cards had flowers just to confuse me that I had chosen that as my theme.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #1186
SCS Swap Moderator

We planned that. hahahaha

---------
Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #1187
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
We planned that. hahahaha
Where have you been, I haven't seen you on. I think I sent you a PM. But I think my brain is MIA.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #1188
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabauer View Post
Where have you been, I haven't seen you on. I think I sent you a PM. But I think my brain is MIA.
I've been on - sporadically, I'll admit. When DH came home last week he had a cold. Guess who has it now? Sigh.

I'm watching the stuff you sent in the message. Sigh.

---------
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #1189
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
I've been on - sporadically, I'll admit. When DH came home last week he had a cold. Guess who has it now? Sigh.

I'm watching the stuff you sent in the message. Sigh.
I hope you feel better soon. They always like to share don't they? When I have a bad cold I sleep in the other room so I don't give it to him, when he has a cold, I sleep in the other room so he doesn't give it to me. He would never think to go sleep in the other room.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #1190
Polyshrink Goddess

I received my cards yesterday, and finally got to open them this morning. How beautiful! These are truly amazing! Thank you all for your hard work! Thank you for angeling, as well, Joyce. I love those little dancers! The Girl Scout cards made me laugh, especially since my daughter had her first booth sale yesterday morning. I love the personal touch you added, Candy! The booth sale was not without it's own drama. Thanks to Kroger for double booking two different troops. I saw and heard some things that are quite contrary to what scouts stand for. Mostly from the other troops leaders. Yikes.

So many sparkles!! I love them all! The cupcakes and glitter! I think I'm just going to have to do an ATC canvas and frame the PAT cards! Loving the dancing lady, Claudia. There are just so many details that I love! Krystal's frames, the pin-ups, just all of them!! Thank you all I'll take photos and get them attached.

I also totally discombobulated the "techniques" theme, my apologies! I probably added to that confusion, Janice, I'm so sorry! I am just now understanding how the "artist's choice" category works and I'll get it right for PAT 25!

I hope you get to feeling better, Joyce!

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1191
Polyshrink Goddess

Group 4: CandyHaz, KOneill, prairiejen (the timing was awesome!! in the think of cookie season, and noshing on Samoas right now )

Group 12: PookieStats, KOneill (Both of you have done the little furbabies great justice!! can't wait to add these to their little books. My daughter saw them and got all teary eyed.)

Group 5: CandyHaz (those peppermint underbritches are too cute!), prairiejen (she's got me wishing it was summer time!), Lakelivin (love the "sin"-timent...lol!), SybilMcC (those little flowers are awesome! You must share how you did them!)

Group 7: Jabauer (the cupcake looks too cute and got my butt into the store last night to buy some real ones to eat!), ajmac (it's so sparkly!! I love it!), Cloudia (loving the glamor and those rhinestones are gorgeous), mrslaporte (what a fun little Valentine surprise! Loving the glitter!! You've got me excited to get out my glitter and play!)

Group 8: Jmaraul (so many awesome techniques and textures, truly amazing!), Cloudia (I.can't.stop.making.her.dance! What did you use for the movement! Love the coloring!), ajmac (what an adorable cupcake home!! Our shaped cards have a similar theme What did you use for the frosting? I've got to get my hands on that!), QueenofInkland (Love the colors, layers, and how you've made the bird sparkle!!

Group 11: Stampingout (very fun and colorful! What did you use for the background?), Jabauer (love the abstract art and it's chunky! yea!!), KOneill (so very pretty! looks like a mini gallery, so creative! where did you get such small frames?)

Group 12: Jmaraul (thank you for angeling! I love that stamp and the sentiment!)

Thank you all!!
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0345.jpg   dsc_0341.jpg   dsc_0346.jpg   dsc_0347.jpg   dsc_0344.jpg  

dsc_0342.jpg   dsc_0343.jpg  

Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #1192
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabradorDork View Post

Group 5: CandyHaz (those peppermint underbritches are too cute!),

Thank you all!!
In case you were confused the star on the calendar was the day I was born ... a subtle personal touch
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #1193

Paulette (AKA parknslide) enabled me to make those little flowers years ago. This is the punch, you might can find it somewhere else, I haven't seen it in stores.
5 Flowers Corner Trim Punch - Corner Trim
I just punched a bunch of them, and then rounded them with my stylus on foam. I put a weensy little bit of glue in the middle of the biggest one, then dropped in the medium size and put a weensy little bit of glue in it and dropped in the smallest one. I let them dry for a while, and then just took my fingers and rolled them around till they looked the way I wanted them to. Almost like little roses. You will see the little flowers flat and one layered and 3 layered all the way through my stuff. Paulette uses them a lot too, in even more creative ways with different papers, etc. She is a good one to learn from, and always ready to help. She may even know a better place to get the punch. Are you with us, parknslide?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1194
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyHaz View Post
In case you were confused the star on the calendar was the day I was born ... a subtle personal touch
Well, isn't that a neat little personal touch! You and my daughter share the same birthday! Now, I'm looking at them all again! There are so many little details!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #1195
Polyshrink Goddess

Sybil and Paulette, they are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing that info! Off to click that link and probably buy stuff. Good thing, "the dude" is napping...and he isn't home when my craft hauls arrive. He thinks all craft things should cost the same as copy paper...imagine that. I suppose some stuff does cost the same as a few thousand sheets of copy paper, and others a few sheets

Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #1196
Polyshrink Goddess

These punch bunch punches are awesome!! I've clicked my way to ebay. Hopefully, I'll be able to exercise some restraint. I haven't found the 5 flowers corner punch yet, but I'm going to keep looking and if all else fails, I may be able to use my cricut to "punch" them out.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #1197

I hadn't thought about e-bay. There might be one there.
I will sell you mine for $500.00. I think it is worth that as much as I use it.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #1198
Polyshrink Goddess

Shoot, if you're selling yours for that much, I've got to find one! Sounds like it's worth it's weight in gold! Here's a similar one. 5 Petals Geranium Begonia Wisteria Petal Paper Punch Bunch U with Rubber Stamps | eBay I haven't bought it yet, but I think I may just have to!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #1199
SCS Swap Moderator

Isn't that the punch Paulette uses? Sure looks like it to me.

---------
Old 02-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1200

Going back to post #1177 and our penny. Yes, they have discontinued them up here, but they are still in circulation. Some stores haven't made changes to the registers so they are still using them. But postage isn't a problem for me, as I always send US $ anyway, plus an extra dollar, just in case.
Closed Thread