Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #921
SCS Swap Moderator

Sybil that's just aggravating. When did we (as a society) decide that not having a backup system was a good idea? I think relying on computers only is what's eventually going to be the downfall of society. When DH was home this last bit, he spent days re-entering info to his computer. He thought that backing up his computer system to a thumb drive was the same thing as saving information in a particular program. Now he knows to save the info specific to those files every time he makes changes, but what a pain the learning process is.

I'm sorry you had a bad doctor visit. Especially since you didn't see the doctor! I hope the redo on the mammo is okay. Hopefully it's just another "computer error"

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #922
Swapper of the Month November 2012

These are new guidelines for having a PAP smear: Under 21: No Pap test or screening for HPV, regardless of sexual activity.
2129: Pap test once every three years. 30-65: Pap test once every three years. Preferably, Pap and HPV test together, once every five years. Over 65: No testing at all if there is no history of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 2, CIN 3 or cervical cancer and if there have been either three consecutive negative Pap test results or two consecutive negative Pap/HPV co-test results within the previous 10 years, with the most recent test performed within the past five years.

Exceptions: Women who have had a total hysterectomy (including removal of the cervix) and no history of neoplasia should stop screening. Women with a history of cervical cancer, or who are HIV-positive, immunocompromised, or were exposed to diethylstilbestrol (DES) in utero; may need more frequent screening. Source: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #923
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Thanks for the info, Paulette. I knew everything changed when I turned the "magic age". But I do think they should be able to know what is going on with or without a computer. As far as I am concerned I don't want to have ANY of it done. I did have a hysterectomy and wondered why I had to have a PAP smear anyhow when my PAP had been removed. They are the ones who insisted on me coming every year whether I needed to or not. I will see what my daughter-in-law says. I just hated it because I even shaved my legs for today!
Now I am dealing with Barnes and Noble over an order, and had to talk to someone who barely could speak English and couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand her and all I wanted to know was why the charge on my order went to my credit card when I put in a gift card number, and what to do??????
She never did get it so I just told her never mind. I went back to the COMPUTER and cancelled the order.
I NEED CHOCOLATE!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #924
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Sybil, how rude of them. Verbal communication seems like a lost art. Why couldn't they say they had problems at the start. And what's wrong with using a notebook and entries to do their job. Does the world stop because the computer is down. I guess I can understand the payment system, as we have a few procedures that have a calendar attached to them and you wouldn't want to be billed for them. I think up front rescheduling should have been the answer in this case.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #925

I don't know what the answer is, but will talk with my daughter-in-law about it. She took over as practice manager a few months ago, and said there are lots of problems that she is trying to work out. So well, here is another one.
As far as I am concerned I don't care if I go back. I will talk with my regular doctor and see what he recommends. I don't want HIM to do that kind of exam, it would be like my own kid doing it. He is young and cute and .............no.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #926
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

A little rainy. Not really a bad winter so far but I am very happy that Winter Solstice has passed and the days are gradually lengthening. I am really looking forward to Spring and gardening.

AND I see that in my absence from this thread I almost missed some really BIG news oh my gosh!! Joyce to the rescue Congrats and welcome to Watson...soooooo cute !!!! That is awesome, Joyce

And the due date for this swap moved out

And a new swap formulating in Joyce's ever-creative mind

WOOHOO to all of this..............
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #927
SCS Swap Moderator

Yeah....step away for 5 minutes and all kinds of shenanigans occur.

See why I don't leave very often? VBG

---------
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #928
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Sneak peeks for Group 6: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - parknslide - Handmade Cards & Crafts

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #929

That's what I needed to cheer me up, Paulette. Beautiful things.
When Himself came in and found me in a snit over the events of the morning, he said "Let's go out to eat."
So we did. Everything went well except that the waitress cleared everything away, brought me coffee and cream and no spoon.
But I worked it out.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #930

Love your sneak peaks Paulette. I love mine, although the big picture didn't show up on my thread yet. Only all the info stuff and the comment field. So Sybil, don't feel too bad, hon. I'm here to break the streak of your frustrating day. LOL. Last night we went out to eat and they put coffee cups on the table and bring the pot over. But I decided on tea. She brought the tea and left, only for me to discover that she also took my cup. My husband told me that it was the new way to serve tea. You tip up the pot and pour it from the spout to your mouth like the Eastern culture does. Sure, and scald your face off. The waitress thought it was funny.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #931

I am sure I couldn't be a waitress or whatever they are called these days. I didn't get bent out of shape, because I know it is a tough job. It is incredible the way some of them keep things straight. To be fair, the waitress today took away all the used dishes etc, and asked someone else to bring my coffee. I think the missing spoon was just something lost in the shuffle and it was just my day to have that kind of stuff happen.
A fork doesn't really stir coffee well but that's OK.
So the rest of my day has gone well. I haven't done a THING, except had a visit from a sweet little neighbor lady. I have Threads of Love tomorrow and am all done cutting out stuff. So I will just chill out tonight, sit and watch TV and snuggle Charlie, and tomorrow will be the best day I have had in YEARS.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #932
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
I am frustrated. That's how I am.
This is the time of year when I get all my parts checked out, you know, eyes, mammo, girly parts etc.
Mammo was Tuesday, got a call to make an appointment to come back because there is a change, need to have one side redone, come next Tuesday.
Girly doctor today, 9:30. Got there at 9:20, signed in, did ID and ins cards, sat down. At 15 minutes to 11, I asked how much longer. They said, what is your name and who are you seeing? Oh Ok I'll check.
5 minutes later they called me back, asked why I was there. I said yearly checkup.
She asked when I had my last PAP and I said You should have that in your records.
"It is all in the computer, and the computer is down. If we go ahead and do it and you had one last year, your insurance won't pay and you will be billed about $1,000. Do you want to wait until the system is up or reschedule, which we can't do because the computers are down. You can wait a while and see if we can get back in the system."
I said, "I have been here an hour and a half, and you could have told me that when I got here. I have been here long enough."
I left. I don't know what will happen, my daughter-in-law is the practice manager, so it is an uncomfortable thing for me. Gotta go check my BLOOD PRESSURE!
Computers!
Good Grief... Patience... you used your share today.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #933

I just talked with Stef. She said she is still on the phone (at home) with people about all that happened today, and was trying to get things straightened out. Construction going on next to them cut their phone lines, they had no phones, no computers, no communication all day. The reason they didn't know I was supposed to be (and all the other patients) there was that the schedules are in the computer ONLY, nothing on paper. The reason they didn't know what I was supposed to have done was all the patients' records are all in the computer ONLY. All the paper ones have been shredded. This is something to do with the government. I won't get started on that.
She said she would address it tomorrow, and I told her leave it alone, I fight my own battles and would not take advantage of her position and our relationship. I just wanted her to know that IF (and I never mentioned it there) they knew we were related and made a comment to her about her rude mother-in-law that was what happened.
She said don't worry about it. I can't believe they went on seeing patients without knowing what they were doing, but I am not in charge. And I can't believe they let me sit there so long without telling me what was going on. When I worked in the dental office that kind of thing would have been addressed with the patients and they would have known why things were the way they were.
But as the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz sang......."If I were the king of the forest....."
Old 01-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #934
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Today is going to be a really good day. For everybody. Watson and I talked it over this morning and he's pretty sure that everything is right in the world for today.

From his perspective, I guess it is. Breakfast, cuddletime, exercise time and a new stuffed bear followed by a nice nap.....don't ya'll want to live at my house?

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #935

Don't tempt me! But Charlie has to come too.
He made everything better last night, and we have had a good morning too.
Himself says that when Charlie looks at you with those soulful eyes and sits in your lap and hugs you, all the stress just starts leaking out. It is true.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #936
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Good morning

Today is going to be a really good day. For everybody. Watson and I talked it over this morning and he's pretty sure that everything is right in the world for today.

From his perspective, I guess it is. Breakfast, cuddletime, exercise time and a new stuffed bear followed by a nice nap.....don't ya'll want to live at my house?
Sounds like a much better day for you than me...apparently there is a problem with my gallbladder and I have tests today. It may have to come out. I have had the pain since New Years Eve day.

So Joyce when does the new swap come out...inquiring minds want know.

Give Watson a cuddle from me.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #937
SCS Swap Moderator

Ouch Janice! Don't give my gallbladder any ideas. You know how twins always do things together.

Sybil, this one is for you....my first doggie coat! Doesn't he look like a little detective ? VBG
Attached Thumbnails
100_3141.jpg  

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #938
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabauer View Post
So Joyce when does the new swap come out...inquiring minds want know.

I need to finish a set of cards before I can write anything up - hopefully sometime next week. I might even get two of them posted if I can make a prototype of a little something I have in mind for a second swap.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #939
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I need to finish a set of cards before I can write anything up - hopefully sometime next week. I might even get two of them posted if I can make a prototype of a little something I have in mind for a second swap.
Sounds intriguing, I look forward to seeing the new swaps.
He looks adorable in his coat, did you make it? I made coats for my three and embroidered dogs and their names on them. The youngest chewed his off. He has the least hair, the fuzziest dog won't take his off. And the oldest just humors me.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #940
SCS Swap Moderator

No, I took him to the Petsmart last night to get some toys and treats. I got this one on sale, and thought as he grew, I could make some based from this design. I like that it has velcro fasteners and doesn't pull over his head and feet like a sweater.

Since I've only had bigger dogs in the past, coats haven't been a requirement.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #941

Oh , Joyce, Watson is so precious. His coat makes him look wise and mature. Like a Watson would be. He is so sweet, I know you could just eat his face off! \Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you will continue to spoil him and be silly over him and share his pictures just like I do Charlie's. Then I won't feel like I am the only one.
I just got home from Threads of Love, have been gone a total of 4 hours. Charlie acted like I had been gone a year. Himself is sitting in the kitchen waiting for our pizza lunch to cook, and Charlie is in here on the floor by my chair, cuddled up to my feet. So comforting.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #942
Forum Fanatic

Back from my test, think I will go take a nap.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #943

Hope you feel better and get that gall bladder thing fixed up.
Take care of yourself.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #944
SCS Swap Moderator

Watson had his first afternoon with his EB (our pet name for Sister), while i went to the grocery store. She is going to spoil him rotten.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #945
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Back from my test, think I will go take a nap.
Let us know, when you know something.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #946

Quote:
Watson had his first afternoon with his EB (our pet name for Sister), while i went to the grocery store. She is going to spoil him rotten.
Yes she is. And you are not, right?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #947
SCS Swap Moderator

hhahahahahahaha. That's a joke, right?

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #948

That's what you got him for. But there's a difference in Loving them to Pieces and spoiling them.
With Charlie I had to start out with "you can trust me, I won't hurt you."
Then we progressed to petting, then really cuddling, and now we are at who is the boss really. He is really learning a lot. I was concerned that at 5 years or so we couldn't teach him "rules and regulations" but somehow, he just gets it. SOOOOOoooo sweet.When my neighbor stopped by yesterday she had never seen him. Charlie stood back till she sat down, then came over and looked at her with those big eyes, and she spoke to him and he wagged his tail and it was all over. She gave him permission to get on the couch and he was in her lap and looking up into her eyes and she wanted to take him home with her. I had missed that sooooo much since Flossie left us. He has that "I absolutely adore you" look like she had.
You will get there with Watson too. He is going to be a wonderful little guy.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #949
SCS Swap Moderator

I'm looking at puppy school. I've never done that before, but he's so small and quick that I really want him to behave on command. It's easier with a big dog - they are easier to handle and catch.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #950

Charlie is the biggest one we have ever had. He weighed in at 18.3 pounds Monday. The other two are around 12 each. You are right, trying to catch the little ones is like chasing a greased pig. And they get under things and bite you if you reach under after them. Until they learn who's boss.
We never did obedience school, just worked with them on their own. I don't care if they can shake or roll over or do tricks, I just want them to know "Get out from under my feet" and "go sit down" and "Hush" and like that. And they all do pretty well with that. One of my friends called me one day and Ruby started a "Bark at the phone ringing" chorus, and they all three were carrying on, howling and barking. I said "Hold a minute please," and walked to the doorway and said "Hush". and it got quiet. My friend said "Did you just say Hush and they did?" I said "Yep". She said "I am bringing Jill to your house." That's her Jack Russell. I think Jill is just a little more yappy than mine.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #951
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Let us know, when you know something.
I heard from the Gastroenterologist and and I need to see the surgeon about surgery to remove the gall bladder. Maybe this will resolve the stomach issues that I have suffered with for years. I can only hope.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #952
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
Charlie is the biggest one we have ever had. He weighed in at 18.3 pounds Monday. The other two are around 12 each. You are right, trying to catch the little ones is like chasing a greased pig. And they get under things and bite you if you reach under after them. Until they learn who's boss.
We never did obedience school, just worked with them on their own. I don't care if they can shake or roll over or do tricks, I just want them to know "Get out from under my feet" and "go sit down" and "Hush" and like that. And they all do pretty well with that. One of my friends called me one day and Ruby started a "Bark at the phone ringing" chorus, and they all three were carrying on, howling and barking. I said "Hold a minute please," and walked to the doorway and said "Hush". and it got quiet. My friend said "Did you just say Hush and they did?" I said "Yep". She said "I am bringing Jill to your house." That's her Jack Russell. I think Jill is just a little more yappy than mine.

If he can learn the easy stuff, then I would like to try my hand at all the fancy tricks. I've never had one that was good for entertaining at parties.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #953
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
I heard from the Gastroenterologist and and I need to see the surgeon about surgery to remove the gall bladder. Maybe this will resolve the stomach issues that I have suffered with for years. I can only hope.
Hopefully they can do the minimally invasive version. And the when you're healed, you can eat lots of yummy veggies without the side effects. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

---------
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #954
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Hey ladies....I'm back...I've been sick since dec 26....
Catching uo on posts and Watson the gesehund is too cute. Yes to crates,puppy school and dog coats
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #955

Quote:
I had my gall bladder out before the new kind of surgery and it was the best thing ever. I had a few not so good days, but that old pain and icky heartburny nasty feeling went away and then I could eat anything that didn't eat me first. In my old age now I am having a little "reflux" or whatever, but even that doesn't make me feel as bad as the GB thing did. Keep us informed about what and when. I will be thinking of you.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #956
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
Hey ladies....I'm back...I've been sick since dec 26....
Catching uo on posts and Watson the gesehund is too cute. Yes to crates,puppy school and dog coats
I thought you were off having some wild holiday adventure. Glad you are feeling better

We are certainly crating this morning. SOMEONE is feeling his oats this morning! Currently he is sitting in "the big house" contemplating his transgressions while I type.

(the big house is our large dog crate....doggie bed, 3 toys and a chewie. It's a minimum security facility. I think he doesn't like it because the sides are open. The little crate he sleeps in is only open in the front.)

---------
Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #957

Rosie, our middle critter, is having a bad day. Can hardly walk for her left back leg. I caught her and checked it out, and it doesn't seem any different, no swelling, no rocks or hair matted with chewing gum stuck between her toes or anything. I gave her pain med, fed her, and then had to chase her down, both of us limping on our left back leg, and caught her and put her in her little bed. She did allow me to pet her head and give her little treat. If she doesn't get better by Tuesday I suppose we will take her to the vet. He said Monday about all we can do at this age is to keep her comfortable, so we shall see.
He is the sweetest man. He accepts stray cats, and takes care of them until he finds them a home. He has a farm with horses etc, and he has one big barn for the cats. It has chicken wire so they can see out but not GET out. He showed me pictures and the cats are beautiful, well fed and healthy. He calls the barn Al-CAT-traz.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #958
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my word, I missed so much in such a short time. Watson is adorable and looks very dapper in his new coat.
Sybil, I so enjoy your Charlie stories. I hope Rosie rallies and feels better soon.
Janice, my cousin just had her gall bladder out and can't believe how much better she feels. Keep us posted.
Joyce, new swaps ? Yay!
Paulette ...loved the sneak peaks.
Jen, glad you are feeling better.
Whew! i'm sure there's more to comment on but my little brain only holds so much
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #959

I love little Watson in his dapper coat. He has such a sweet face. Janice it will be a good thing to have that gallbladder gone. A period of adjustment and in my case, I could eat anything after that. Good luck to you in every way. And surgery is a breeze today with minimal invasion. Mine was from the days of open body surgery and I have the the longest scar on my torso. But in my case it just adds to the oddities of every other lump, bump or dimple, so I'm not too concerned over it. LOL.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by normat View Post
I love little Watson in his dapper coat. He has such a sweet face. Janice it will be a good thing to have that gallbladder gone. A period of adjustment and in my case, I could eat anything after that. Good luck to you in every way. And surgery is a breeze today with minimal invasion. Mine was from the days of open body surgery and I have the the longest scar on my torso. But in my case it just adds to the oddities of every other lump, bump or dimple, so I'm not too concerned over it. LOL.
I had it the old fashioned way too, Norma, but luckily I only have a small scar. Every time I have to have any kind of exam and a medical person sees it, they say "what caused that scar?" I have had some fun with the answers. Usually I just say "What does it look like?" That has been interesting too. Nobody guesses gall bladder scar. Stabbing, accident, lots of other things.
I have other scars too, my body looks sort of like a lumpy road map.
Closed Thread