Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #81
October Swapper of the Month 2012

I don't have a punch that will go through anything heavier than cardstock. I sometimes put 2 or 3 layers of cardstock. I use my blade-type cutter to cut cereal boxes or other types of heavier stuff, then check them against a real one inch square to be sure they are right.
One of my friends gave me some store-bought inchies to use, so I may use them soon. I just won't buy them myself, such a tigtwad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #82
Swapper of the Month December 2011

Hiya
Im so happy I PM'd you this morning otherwise I would not of found this. I had so much fun creating at the last swap that I would love to try again. May I please have a spot in:

Junk Drawer
And
Movies / Snacks
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #83
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hiya
Im so happy I PM'd you this morning otherwise I would not of found this. I had so much fun creating at the last swap that I would love to try again. May I please have a spot in:

Junk Drawer
And
Movies / Snacks
Yes you may! I'm happy you Pm'd me too I'll add you to the lisst right now. Have fun!

---------
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #84

After all our talking about my getting another dog, Himself came in this afternoon and said "come look in the yard". This adorable little brown and white pappillion (I guess that is the way you spell it) was walking around in our yard. I shut the gate, and Himself said "There's your new baby". He left on an errand and I went out to check the dog out. She was precious, just loved all over me and wanted me to hold her. But she had a tag with a phone number and I called and the mama came and got her. I knew she wasn't a stray. She lived several blocks away from us and was running all around the neighborhood.
The mama said "This makes twice someone has called me to come get her, I don't know what I am going to do with her". I just told her, "If she comes here again, you must understand that I won't call you again. She will be mine." I hope she takes better care of her. Too many cars and too many loose BIG dogs around here, along with HAWKS that would have a feast on her.
She was sweet though.......
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #85
SCS Swap Moderator

Sounds like somebody's trying to send you a message. hmmmm

---------
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #86
SCS Swap Moderator

I adopted a neighbor's dog once under similar circumstances. So far it has worked our for both of us. She's still here & the neighbor man is long gone.

---------
Old 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #87

Yeahhh that felt mighty good, holding that little thing. We'll see.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #88
Kookie Creator

Paulette... <shaking head> - now what am I going to complain about.........

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.
~Peter De Vries
Old 01-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #89
SCS Swap Moderator

I am sure you will find something.

---------
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #90
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
After all our talking about my getting another dog, Himself came in this afternoon and said "come look in the yard". This adorable little brown and white pappillion (I guess that is the way you spell it) was walking around in our yard. I shut the gate, and Himself said "There's your new baby". He left on an errand and I went out to check the dog out. She was precious, just loved all over me and wanted me to hold her. But she had a tag with a phone number and I called and the mama came and got her. I knew she wasn't a stray. She lived several blocks away from us and was running all around the neighborhood.
The mama said "This makes twice someone has called me to come get her, I don't know what I am going to do with her". I just told her, "If she comes here again, you must understand that I won't call you again. She will be mine." I hope she takes better care of her. Too many cars and too many loose BIG dogs around here, along with HAWKS that would have a feast on her.
She was sweet though.......
I don't know, Sybil, it sounds like you're ready and that special pup is out there just waiting for you. I'm a two-dog person and I like 'em big. I met a woman at the dog park with 2 male Leonbergers. Now that's a seriously big breed! Her 4 year old weighs in at 140 pounds and the 9 month old is already 110 pounds, but they are the sweetest, lovemeloveme babies. They both love my Mastiff who looks tiny at 90 pounds next to them. We joke about her being the head cheerleader and them being the star quarterbacks, the way they play and they get jealous if she pays more attention to one of them.

Pappillons are a sweet breed and so are the King Charles Cavalliers if you like the little ones. You have some awesome rescues up North. Might be time to pay one a visit.....just a suggestion.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #91
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Gotcha added! Have fun. Catch me up on all things Marilyn - I haven't heard what's going on with you for a while. Is work going well?
Well Joyce, I am thankful for all things. New job. . . God has me a doing good things. I am scheduled for 25 hours a week but usually work 30. I am doing alright with the work, lots of paper handling. Bulletins, Newsletter, correspondences, and answering phone calls, scheduling things, some cooking all at the church I attend.

I still want another chance to use my teaching degree. I hope to teach summer school and God willing I will get back in my own classroom.

As a crafter... I have less time to just mess around but I too like SCS most.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #92

I am afraid to go to a shelter, I might come home with a dozen.
I like big dogs, but we have a miniature dachshund and a small very old shih tzu and I am afraid a big dog would eat them. Especially the weenie one. I know the older one is (as Paulette says) "circling the drain" and I don't want to get a really hyper puppy for fear it would send her over the edge. The pappillon that visited today was really wired and bouncy. But adorable.
I love the shih tzu temperament, but the grooming is expensive and I can't do it myself. So I am just waiting. I think that the King Charles Cavalliers are beautiful, LOVE their faces.
But I have decided a mixture or mutt would be OK. We shall see. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #93
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
I am afraid to go to a shelter, I might come home with a dozen.
I like big dogs, but we have a miniature dachshund and a small very old shih tzu and I am afraid a big dog would eat them. Especially the weenie one. I know the older one is (as Paulette says) "circling the drain" and I don't want to get a really hyper puppy for fear it would send her over the edge. The pappillon that visited today was really wired and bouncy. But adorable.
I love the shih tzu temperament, but the grooming is expensive and I can't do it myself. So I am just waiting. I think that the King Charles Cavalliers are beautiful, LOVE their faces.
But I have decided a mixture or mutt would be OK. We shall see. Thanks for the advice.
I just get overly excited when it comes to dogs, Sybil. I used to breed but now I rescue and I don't regret the change. My sweet Cisco is 12, a cancer survivor with degenerative muscles and severe arthritis. I walk her and do my best to keep her out of pain, but I know her time on this earth is nearing the end. I would like to introduce another rescue into my "pack" so the younger one has someone to play with and won't miss her "sister" so much when the time comes, but my Vet advised me not to. One young high-energy pup is one thing, two high energy pups could inadvertantly injure my "old girl" with their rowdy play.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudia View Post
I just get overly excited when it comes to dogs, Sybil. I used to breed but now I rescue and I don't regret the change. My sweet Cisco is 12, a cancer survivor with degenerative muscles and severe arthritis. I walk her and do my best to keep her out of pain, but I know her time on this earth is nearing the end. I would like to introduce another rescue into my "pack" so the younger one has someone to play with and won't miss her "sister" so much when the time comes, but my Vet advised me not to. One young high-energy pup is one thing, two high energy pups could inadvertantly injure my "old girl" with their rowdy play.

I'm laughing here because that could injure this "OLD GIRL" too. Never mind Rosie, the "old girl" shih tzu I have. I am older now and not the gal I used to be when it comes to energy.
I got the shih tzus because one of my patients bred them, and she brought me pictures and I was in LOVE. I would not care now, just a sweet, snuggly little girl doggy would be fine. I am even thinking of an older dog, just so we wouldn't have the chewing and potty training, and so forth. But as I said, Just waiting........
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #95
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

I just finished half a dozen thank you cards for my hubby. Now it's off to the PO to buy some stamps & mail them.

Be Back Soon!

---------
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #96
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

I'm not allowed to go to animal shelters.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #97
SCS Swap Moderator

I try to stay away from them myself. I am too soft hearted, and would bring home a new pet after every visit.

---------
Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Good morning

I just finished half a dozen thank you cards for my hubby. Now it's off to the PO to buy some stamps & mail them.

Be Back Soon!
What are you thanking him for?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #99

I can't wait for the answer to this one.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
SCS Swap Moderator

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I just wish there were a funny or wonderful answer with which to respond. I can't even make up a good one. Darn.

I made thank you cards (at his request!!!) for him to send to several people who went REALLY out of their way with kindness at his Dad's funeral. They were friends of his sister's, and they fed the family, decorated her house for Christmas, dealt with all the "stuff" and were really the epitome of what friendship should be about. He didn't know them except by the stories that she had shared with him (they have been friends for years) - he was really amazed that there were still people in this world that behave in this manner and he wanted to send the a special thank you. So, handmade, hand written cards went out today in the mail

---------
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #101

Aaawwwww, how sweet.
That is the way people are around here, just helpful and caring. Like when my friend Susan was in the hospital and rehab for 3 months, a group of ladies went and cleaned her house from top to bottom before she came home. We still take meals and I do her ironing and help keep some of her house work done. Last night she said a couple from Nigeria who go to our church, and own their own restaurant, called and said they were coming to eat dinner with them. Susan said "Oh, well you know.............." and they said "Don't worry, we are bringing dinner". Others in our church are amazed when they have some sort of problem an people just show up and help. That is the way it should be.
Joyce, I know your beautiful hand made cards will let them know how much you all appreciate what they did.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #102

Oh this would be such a beautiful thing to open up in the mail to let people know you really appreciated them. I remember when a couple of my SCS friends (and you know who you are) sent me a card when I lost my dad. It really made me see the world as a bigger, caring place.

Today I inch. It is snowing, everyone is still sleeping and I'm going to start and finish these little guys.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #103
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Who has a "topic for discussion" for today? Any suggestions?

---------
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #104

Weather. We are having awful storms around here, rain, wind and in some places hail. They just said on TV some hailstones were up to 3 inches in a county nearby. Himself is out shopping in it, wanted me to go. I told him to GET REAL! So I am here with his little minidoxie Ruby who is having anxiety BIG TIME. He is her comforter, and she seldom has much to do with me. But HE IS NOT HERE! She has been all over me, even when I went to the.........well that was weird doing that with a dog in your lap.
So far all we are getting is thunder and rain, lights flickering off and on. Nerve wracking.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #105

Wow stay safe. We are in what is known as a deep freeze. Our -30 is your -23 and right now it is -40. I think it finally ends today I haven't been out yet.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #106
Hardware Hotshot

Morning all...weather is the big topic for us, today, too. We are digging out of a snow/ice/rain/wind mess and have been w/o power at the house since Wednesday night. They say it should be on by sometime next week... So if I don't check in for a while, think kind thoughts!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #107
SCS Swap Moderator

Gray and moderately cold here. Yay! No wind, rain, snow, ice, sleet, hail or thunder & lightning. I may have a party to celebrate the temperate weather I'm enjoying.

I saw the weather radar this morning for the Atlanta area. Yuck! 3 inch hail? Doulbe Yuck! I hope Himself stays put in the store until it's safe to come home again. I know the weather is bad when my doggie wants a weather cuddle.

Jen, double up on the blankies and drink warm tasty beverages.

---------
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #108
SCS Swap Moderator

Jane, I've been paying attention to your weather reports too. Yuck for you. DH was happy to report he WASN'T heading in your direction this week on his next run. Are you in good shape with emergency supplies?

---------
Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #109

Storm's over. Himself stayed in the sports store (poor baby) till things calmed down, and now he is home. Ruby is in his lap. I don't exist for her again. Fickle fickle little critter.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #110
Crimping Master

Ok, I'm playin' Zentagles, Sewing Box, Animal Magnetism and Tabloid Headlines for now please.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey Joyce,
I'll take a space in My Sewing Box and Junk Drawer. I'll think about more spaces later.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #112
SCS Swap Moderator

Woohoo! Two returning Inchie champs - Welcome!

Rosie & Deb, I'll add you right now. If you want more spots later, all you have to do is let me know. We're glad your here - have fun!

---------
Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #113

Ooooh I zentangled my little heart out today and I'm loving my inchies. I will try to post at some point.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #114
Polyshrink Goddess

Please post your zentangles. I thought about that category but I couldn't get my head wrapped around a zentangle on a 1 inch square.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #115
SCS Swap Moderator

How about doing one big zentangle and then using your Inchie punch to pick out interesting sections. Intersections where different designs connect would probably be cool and you wouldn't have to think on such a tiny scale.

Jen, I got this link from a friend yesterday and I thought of you. Have you seen this band?

Somebody That I Used to Know - Walk off the Earth (Gotye - Cover) - YouTube

---------
Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #116

No but aren't they great!!! I love the guy with the hat.
My zentangles will have to wait until tomorrow unless I can post to the thread on a Sunday? I'll check later.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #117
Polyshrink Goddess

That was a great video!
Wonderful idea Joyce. So put me down for the zentangles as well. I've been working on a 4 x 4 one, so I might be able to use some parts of it.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #118
Hardware Hotshot

Phew! I'm back...missed my computer more than I missed electricity and running water!!! What does that say about my...um...addiction?

Sybil, sounds like you have it worse than we do...3-inch hail???? Accck!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #119
SCS Swap Moderator

Good evening all

Jen, this video has been an earworm for me - the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I even listened to the original fellow, and I like it as well.

Deb, I'm adding you to the zentangle Inchies. I'm sure your Inchies will turn out just fine.

Jane - Yay - Your back safe! We won't mention your "addiction", except to say we all understand.

---------
Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #120

Hey y'all,
The hail did not come. Thank goodness. We did have some frog strangling rain and wind, but no flooding or anything too scary.
I found myself making teeny tiny zentangles on my church bulletin this morning. It can be done. I WAS listening, just doodling.
Closed Thread